Author Topic: An email I got from one of our lifters...  (Read 3193 times)

chris_mason

• Getbig IV
  • Owner AtLarge Nutrition
An email I got from one of our lifters...
« on: November 22, 2007, 09:02:34 AM »
This make me very happy (for obvious reasons).  I asked Ox do perform a little supplement experiment a few months ago.  Here is the email he sent me yesterday concerning said experiment:

"Chris,

i just wnated to give you an update on our little experiment. If you remember, we were seeing what my body comp would do if i took Opti, P-w/o. I take Nitrean between breakfast and lunch, but added opti p-w/o. At the start of this i was 221@18% body fat, now i am 230 at about 13%. Pretty cool huh?

Ox"

Pretty friggin cool, eh?  Oh, and yes, this is a no bullshit real deal.
w

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
Re: An email I got from one of our lifters...
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2007, 09:12:08 AM »
spam alert.

chris_mason

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2007, 09:49:15 AM »
Just curious, I own the company.  I post on Getbig and have been here as long or longer than you.  Something cool happens and I want to share it.  You share your stories all of the time.  Why should I not do the same?  It would be SPAM if I were not a regular, contributing member. 

Anyway, I'm just fucking ecstatic about his results and want everyone else to know about them as well for obvious reasons.  If you know of something that can help others most decent people want to share that information with them.
w

Stubborn

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Who wants a mustache ride?
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2007, 11:30:10 AM »
This make me very happy (for obvious reasons).  I asked Ox do perform a little supplement experiment a few months ago.  Here is the email he sent me yesterday concerning said experiment:

"Chris,

i just wnated to give you an update on our little experiment. If you remember, we were seeing what my body comp would do if i took Opti, P-w/o. I take Nitrean between breakfast and lunch, but added opti p-w/o. At the start of this i was 221@18% body fat, now i am 230 at about 13%. Pretty cool huh?

Ox"

Please provide parameters of this "test". What does the subject do for exercise? How many days a week? Whats their diet look like? Whats in the supplement? How long was this test done for?

At this point it looks like a Muscle Tech ad where they would say "GAIN 5 MILLION PERCENT MORE MUSCLE AND LOSE BODYFAT IN ONLY 8 WEEKS!!!" Not dissin your product but I do need more info to consider this claim valid.

Thanks! :D

chris_mason

• Getbig IV
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2007, 12:06:16 PM »
It is not a claim.  Did you read the email he sent me?  Do you know who Ox Mason is?  I think from the posts it is obvious this was no double blind study.  Ox is a professional powerlifter.  He has used Nitrean for a long time.  A few months ago I asked him to use Opticen for PWO purposes only and within 20 minutes of the completion of each training session.  To my knowledge he made no other changes.  When he sent the initial email I asked if he had taken pics and this was his reply:

"I will have to look around for some photos. I think I started the program right around the time I took some folks to meet, and i just took some to a meet last weekend, and we always get pix at a meet. but as far as bodybuilding "neked" (not naked, neked) style, "NO"! I think we are looking at 3 months. I really trying to get below 220 to be healthier, but I gained muscle wt instead, but got healthier anyway. my bp dropped 20 points.."

Hindsight is 20/20.  I had asked him to do this in the course of conversation one day not know what his results would be (obviously I had my expectations).  Ahhh well, c'est la vie.

By the way, he and I are namesakes only.   Here is his sponsor page: http://atlargenutrition.com/chris_mason.php

Chris
w

Vet

• Getbig IV
  • Immortal
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2007, 08:13:48 PM »
Please provide parameters of this "test". What does the subject do for exercise? How many days a week? Whats their diet look like? Whats in the supplement? How long was this test done for?

At this point it looks like a Muscle Tech ad where they would say "GAIN 5 MILLION PERCENT MORE MUSCLE AND LOSE BODYFAT IN ONLY 8 WEEKS!!!" Not dissin your product but I do need more info to consider this claim valid.

Thanks! :D

Its Cris Mason from ATLARGE NUTRITION.    This is a legitimate company that I've heard nothing but good things about.  I personally have never used any of their products (I'm still looking at them trying to figure out which ones would be best for me) but I know people who have.  This is also the same supplements that Mike Wolfe (who posts in this forum) uses/used while losing that almost 100 lbs of fat he did this last year.  Its Mike's transformation that got me interested in the supplements. 

Stubborn

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2007, 01:13:10 PM »

Its Cris Mason from ATLARGE NUTRITION.    This is a legitimate company that I've heard nothing but good things about.  I personally have never used any of their products (I'm still looking at them trying to figure out which ones would be best for me) but I know people who have.  This is also the same supplements that Mike Wolfe (who posts in this forum) uses/used while losing that almost 100 lbs of fat he did this last year.  Its Mike's transformation that got me interested in the supplements. 

No, sorry, dont know of "Ox Mason."

Good news for you I guess, Chris. Congrats on the results.

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2007, 02:14:55 PM »

oh shit you just fuccked royally now Lift, don't you know that Chris and his buddies are the only strong guys in the world? ::)

Stubborn

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2007, 03:51:58 PM »
oh shit you just fuccked royally now Lift, don't you know that Chris and his buddies are the only strong guys in the world? ::)

Christ! You think they would have told me their secrets? Or just told me to drink protein and maltodextrin? ;D

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2007, 04:03:09 PM »
Christ! You think they would have told me their secrets? Or just told me to drink protein and maltodextrin? ;D
nope, the ONLY way to gain size and strength is to use "At Large" products. ::)

chris_mason

• Getbig IV
« Reply #10 on: November 23, 2007, 06:50:24 PM »

Thanks Vet!

w

chris_mason

• Getbig IV
« Reply #11 on: November 23, 2007, 06:55:11 PM »

Thank you!
w

Geo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #12 on: November 25, 2007, 09:49:26 PM »
Thank you!

gee chris,why don't ya tell the boys here about that 30 lbs in 30 days program that you invented that you're trying to con all the newbys over at the worthless board you moderate....

you know chris ....

that same program that's been floating around the internet for the last 8 years ?

10 bucks for a generic program you bought from someone else just so you could sell to other kids ?.....

shame on you christopher !

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #13 on: November 29, 2007, 06:07:40 AM »

"Chris,

Ox"

No offence, but I find claims like these irrelevant if the lifter is not natural and won't post his drug cycle.

A natural lifter, sure. But if the lifter is on AAS, the chances are that changes in the drug cycle are responsible for the gain.

As long as using lifters in un-tested federations aren't making any claims that they are getting gains from legal supplements, I don't really care.

But once stuff like this get published, the bluff needs to be called.

I've always thought supplement companies like Muscletech were dishonest when they show guys like Kovacs, Jackson, and Cutler, claiming they got their muscle from Muscletech supplements, even claiming specific gains from certain products.

One of the things I've always thought was good about At Large, was that AL stayed away from bullshit claims.

Unless the athlete in question is on AL supplements and natural, claims should not be made that AL was part of the success.

To sponsor un-tested athletes can still be an option, always good to be associated with strong lifters I guess, but I don't think you should ever try to claim that their success is due to using AL supplements. Unless you publish their whole supplement list.  ;)

That's my opinion.
As empty as paradise

chris_mason

• Getbig IV
« Reply #14 on: November 29, 2007, 08:01:51 AM »
Hedge, your opinion makes no sense in this particular circumstance.  I NEVER made any sort of a claim.  I just posted an email HE sent to me.  I thought it was cool.  I have no idea if he uses anabolics or not.  I don't care.  Again, to my knowledge he did nothing different other than add Opticen PWO.  If he did, that certainly could have an effect on the outcome.

No need to get bothered about it.  I was just sharing something I thought was cool.

w

Geo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #15 on: November 29, 2007, 04:40:25 PM »
No offence, but I find claims like these irrelevant if the lifter is not natural and won't post his drug cycle.

That's my opinion.

after reading a thread on chis masons board about him inventing a program to "bump your bench up 30 pounds in 30 days" I'm still left wondering how he can post testimonials to the program on  page one, and by page 3 of the thread he's saying he has yet to print the program out and release it ?

how do ya get testimonials to a program you haven't released yet unless you stole it from one of the other sites that's been offering it for the last 6-7 years ?

Chris mason and his boards at wannabebig.com are a total joke !