Author Topic: Torn pecs torn tris  (Read 2463 times)

muscularny

• Getbig IV
  • Training
Torn pecs torn tris
« on: November 23, 2007, 03:36:27 AM »
How the heck do pros who been training 10+ years all of a sudden manage to tear a tri or chest or bi?

what the heck?

any drugs that can cause this as far as making it easier to tear a muscle?

PORKY

• Getbig III
Re: Torn pecs torn tris
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2007, 04:20:08 AM »
I would think that juicing causes the muscles to grow and get stronger while tendons/ligaments do not , so eventually they tear due to the heavy poundages these guys use.Muscle strength grows but not proportionate to tendon/ligament strength.
P

Farkenell

• Getbig III
  • Life Is Pain, Pain Is Everything
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2007, 04:24:22 AM »
Poor form, reps too low, fluctuations in poundages (gear)

Purge_WTF

« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2007, 04:24:35 AM »
  The human body wasn't created to allow us to squat 800 pounds for reps, so it's only a matter of time before something finally gives after doing it for years on end.

kevcat

• Getbig IV
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2007, 05:20:47 AM »
Youve been squatting 800 for reps for years??? Must be pretty strong  ;D

muscularny

• Getbig IV
  • Training
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2007, 06:01:24 AM »
Poor form, reps too low, fluctuations in poundages (gear)
well again when you see a guy like ronnie who managed not to get a tri tear in 20 years all of a sudden does it akes you wonder

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2007, 06:15:14 AM »
How the heck do pros who been training 10+ years all of a sudden manage to tear a tri or chest or bi?

what the heck?

any drugs that can cause this as far as making it easier to tear a muscle?
Wear and tear from years of heaving heavy weights around.

D-bol

• Getbig IV
  • Its only hard if you make it hard.
« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2007, 06:17:44 AM »
it can happen to anyone including pro sportsmen...lack of concentration at a some point on a given day, combination of factors, and it happens....maybe he didn't feel like stretching on that particular cold day....we all human u know

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
  • sometimes you get the elevator, somtimes the shaft
« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2007, 08:50:36 AM »
Easy...training stupid, not listening to the body, training too heavy, and the number one reason....going to the well one to many times!

There's a breaking point to all things....muscles/ ligaments aren't exempt.

It's the nature of the BB to keep going up..heavier...getting stronger, etc. The ONLY thing that stops them 99% of the time is INJURY.

Mars

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2007, 08:54:48 AM »
maybe they should stick to machines like you do Chick?

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
  • sometimes you get the elevator, somtimes the shaft
« Reply #10 on: November 23, 2007, 09:01:44 AM »
maybe they should stick to machines like you do Chick?

?

Matt C

• Getbig V
  • The White Vince Goodrum
« Reply #11 on: November 23, 2007, 09:51:15 AM »
well again when you see a guy like ronnie who managed not to get a tri tear in 20 years all of a sudden does it akes you wonder

Ronnie did not tear any muscles.

During his victory collapse at the 2005 Mr. Olympia, he got bursitis in his left elbow.  Since he shot his new training DVD immediately after that rather than starting his standard four month break, he aggravated this injury further and when he finally did resume training it had not fully healed and it made it impossible to train his left side as well as before and made hypertrophy of that side a lot harder.  I've explained this a few times already and I'm not sure why people still think Ronnie has any tears.
Bodybuilding Pro.com

mrusa85

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #12 on: November 23, 2007, 11:18:07 AM »
Ronnie's left let has been slowly vanishing for years. As far back as 2001 at the AC you can start to see an imbalance. His left tricep seemed to be non-existent during the challenge round of 2005. That was before his victory collapse. Brian Dobson stated on PBW that Ronnie hurt his back doing t-bars. Branch Warren has said the same thing. How can you substantiate your elbow bursitis theory?

cgcgraded

• Getbig II
« Reply #13 on: November 23, 2007, 11:41:16 AM »
It has do with the whole mentality of weight lifting and bodybuilding.
Since Day 1 you always want to push more weight.  Every workout you want to push more weight then the previous one.  Most guys think bigger poundages = bigger muscles.  So when they finally make it to the pro ranks its hard to completely bail on the same mentality that got you there, that you've been using for since day 1.

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
  • Mel Gibson and Bob Sly World Domination
« Reply #14 on: November 23, 2007, 12:10:35 PM »
Could lifting weights have something to do with it?

peroni

• Getbig III
« Reply #15 on: November 23, 2007, 12:14:33 PM »
I actually tore the muscle belly of the tricep a few months ago. I was doing skullcrushers with a weight that I've done for years and wasn't particularly heavy. A lot of it has to do with how your body is reacting. What I mean is how much stress you're under ( a lot for me at the time with opening my gym, etc etc) How well rested also determines how well you recover and of course, your technique will play a role as well. Mine healed in a month of so and I'm back to lifting again and all's well but not before my entire arm swelled and bruised as if it'd been hit with a bat repeatedly for 10 minutes!!!!!
Guys that tear off at the tendon have a long rehab road ahead of them with surgery being the only option to re attach. Minor tears like mine are simply repaired by resting the muscle and stretching the hell out of it to ensure a proper length tension. If it happens to any of you like it did me, I'd recommend ice for the first 48 hours and then heat. If you can soak it daily at least once in a hot tub or bathtub and then stretch it out nicely, you'll recover far quicker.

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #16 on: November 23, 2007, 01:09:34 PM »
Ronnie did not tear any muscles.

Ronnie has MANY small tears throughout his body. Not complete tears but partial tears. Look at the teardrops  on his legs from the last Olympia: torn. Those were torn in the last year.