Author Topic: PBW: "Remembering Reg" - with Frank Zane, Chris Dickerson and more (Replay)  (Read 15232 times)

Andrew1

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
"Remembering Reg - PBW's Tribute to a Champion"  (Replay Now Available)

On Monday night, "Pro Bodybuilding Weekly" celebrates the life of Reg Park.  As the bodybuilding world mourns his passing, PBW honors one of the most revered and iconic bodybuilding champions of the 20th century.  This special edition of bodybuilding talk radio will include special appearances by Frank Zane and Chris Dickerson and an encore presentation of Reg's visit with Dan & Bob during a memorable edition of PBW just 12 weeks ago.  MuscleTech presents PBW on Mondays at 8pm ET (5pm PT) for a worldwide audience.  "Remembering Reg - A Tribute to a Champion" is also brought to you by Bodybuilding.com and Flex Magazine.

Replay Update: Jim Manion & Lee Haney - Now available On-Demand at Replay Central.  Visit the PBW Broadcast Center at www.BodybuildingRadio.com

30 Websites....and counting   -  Bodybuilding's most popular multi-media production is now available on more than 30 of the fitness industry's most popular websites.  To learn more about the "PBW Global Broadcast Network" visit (http://www.probodybuildingweekly.com/1global.htm)

Presented by MuscleTech and brought to you by Bodybuilding.com and Flex Magazine. 
Additional Sponsors: NxLabs, Muscle Asylum Project, Bodywell Nutrition, Max Muscle, Biogenetix, 2008 Arnold Sports Festival, Dr. Navarro's Vein Centre, and MuscleTime.com

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Re: "Remembering Reg - A Tribute to a Champion" (PBW - Monday)
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2007, 06:40:00 AM »

Livewire

• Getbig IV
  • I call Nasser.
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2007, 07:25:21 AM »
I wonder if Arnold Schwarzenegger will be releasing a statement today.  Would be a total class act to do so.  RIP Reg Park.  You were one of the first, and alltime, greats.
Nasser called Palumbo an acromegalion

Deadpool

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2007, 07:50:39 AM »
Arnold has always stood by his old-time friends.  I'm sure he will make a statement.
X

Pollux

• Getbig V
  • I'm kind of a big deal!
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2007, 08:17:39 AM »
I wonder if Arnold Schwarzenegger will be releasing a statement today. 

I know. I've been waiting and searching to see if he's said anything yet about the man who inspired him to be what he is today.

crownshep

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2007, 09:35:07 AM »
I wonder if Arnold Schwarzenegger will be releasing a statement today.  Would be a total class act to do so.  RIP Reg Park.  You were one of the first, and alltime, greats.

http://www.fresnobee.com/384/story/213991.html

Livewire

• Getbig IV
  • I call Nasser.
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2007, 10:15:10 AM »

http://www.fresnobee.com/384/story/213991.html

Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger on Thursday said he was deeply saddened by the death of his former trainer and mentor, legendary bodybuilder Reg Park.

"He was like a second father to me," Schwarzenegger said in a statement. "He is the reason I was motivated to become Mr. Universe myself and come to America and make movies."

South African media reported that Park died Thursday morning in Johannesburg. The Mail and Guardian in Johannesburg reported that he died from advanced skin cancer. He was 79.

"Other than my parents, there may be no single person who had more to do with me becoming the person I am today than Reg," Schwarzenegger said of the three-time Mr. Universe winner.

Park, originally from Yorkshire, England, was a key influence early on in Schwarzenegger's bodybuilding career, when he trained with the future governor in South Africa.

"It was Reg who impressed upon me how hard I would have to work if I wanted to achieve my dreams," Schwarzenegger said. "I'll always remember him making me do calf raises with 1,000 pounds at 5 o'clock in the morning."

Schwarzenegger went on to compete against Park in a bodybuilding contest in 1970, and beat his mentor in a closely fought contest, according to the Reg Park Legacy Foundation's Web site.

Park's striking figure - he was six foot and in his younger days weighed up to 250 pounds - caught the eye of film producers and he starred in five Italian "sword-and-scandal" movies in the '60s, according to the Web site.

Park is survived by his son Jon Jon, daughter Jeunesse and wife Marion.

"Reg was a dear friend, an extraordinary mentor and a personal hero," Schwarzenegger said.

Pollux

• Getbig V

arce377

• Getbig IV
  • ARCE DO SAN MARTIALARTS SCHOOL
« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2007, 05:39:04 PM »
RIP! :(
ARCE
DOSAN DOJO

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2007, 06:34:32 PM »
I know. I've been waiting and searching to see if he's said anything yet about the man who inspired Arnold to be what he is today.
they left potomac maryland this afternoon headed home.

swilkins1984

• Getbig IV
« Reply #10 on: November 24, 2007, 11:49:29 AM »
I think Arnold might call in for a few words about Reg.

bic_staedtler

• Getbig IV
  • That is all.
« Reply #11 on: November 24, 2007, 12:27:07 PM »
I've noticed that PBW has been showing a trend of re-playing old episodes...in this case, guys, why not have an episode devoted to talking about Reg, getting some of his friends online and get some stories going?

I mean, no disrespect, but the Reg episode was only on a few months ago.  Anybody can just as easily click on the replay; why not have an actual tribute episode?

Just a suggestion.

Armstrong

• Getbig III
  • Victor got screwed.
« Reply #12 on: November 24, 2007, 04:48:35 PM »
Classy move to give Reg a tribute show.  I remember all the stories about Reg and Steve Reeves back in the 50's.  They should have some of the old-timers go on and talk about the old days (are any of those guys still around?)
Everything is BIGGER in Texas!!!

Pollux

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: November 25, 2007, 04:49:26 AM »
I think Arnold might call in for a few words about Reg.

Very unlikely.

webcake

• Getbig V
  • Not now chief...
« Reply #14 on: November 26, 2007, 02:33:44 AM »
Very unlikely.

Probably, but it would be cool to hear Arnie talk about his hero. As we all know, Arnie certainly thought the world of Reg.
No doubt about it...

bic_staedtler

• Getbig IV
  • That is all.
« Reply #15 on: November 26, 2007, 09:28:07 AM »

If it's true that Reg NEVER touched steroids, then this photo is very telling of what a lifetime of training, recuperation and nutrition can result in.  He may have lost to Arnold in this contest, but Reg looked GREAT.

AVBG

« Reply #16 on: November 26, 2007, 11:49:20 AM »
RIP Reg.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
Pro BBing Weekly - Nov 26
« Reply #17 on: November 26, 2007, 05:08:37 PM »
First off, talking about Reg park passing away.

79 of skin cancer.  Married to the same woman for 55 years.  Reg was the reason Arnold lifted.

The_Leafy_Bug

Re: Pro BBing Weekly - Nov 26
« Reply #18 on: November 26, 2007, 05:10:14 PM »

79 of skin cancer.  Married to the same woman for 55 years.  Reg was the reason Arnold lifted.
Indeed it will certainly be more intresting the Special "greasy butt cut" Eds show.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: November 26, 2007, 05:15:54 PM »
Frank Zane is gonna be on tonight

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #20 on: November 26, 2007, 05:17:53 PM »
Zane?
Should be interesting.

Livewire

• Getbig IV
  • I call Nasser.
« Reply #21 on: November 26, 2007, 05:33:40 PM »
wow i feel kinda sad for chris dickerson... he's all alone in the world.  Reg made him part of his family.  Wow, that was seriously touching.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: November 26, 2007, 05:40:41 PM »
Zane talking about Reg now.

Armstrong

• Getbig III
  • Victor got screwed.
« Reply #23 on: November 26, 2007, 05:59:37 PM »

I did not realize that Zane and Reg competed against each other.  Dickerson sounds like a good guy, pretty emotional.  Kind of weird hearing Reg's voice.  My condolences to the Park family.  Much respect.   
Everything is BIGGER in Texas!!!

The_Leafy_Bug

« Reply #24 on: November 26, 2007, 07:07:00 PM »
why put a swimmr on a bodybuilding show though?
Zane- 3 olympia titles. Nasser- zero. Hope this helps.