Author Topic: Boston Police Go Door to Door to Search for Guns  (Read 2036 times)

Eyeball Chambers

• Getbig V
  • Would you hold still? You're making me fuck up...
S

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
Re: Boston Police Go Door to Door to Search for Guns
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2007, 05:01:17 PM »
BULLSHIT.... hahaha... Boston police should try that out west here and see what happens... I'll pay for their tickets to come out and vistit the local neighborhoods and they can go door to door :D

Purge_WTF

« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2007, 05:27:45 PM »
  Massachusetts is my home state, so I'm hoping that no-one puts up with this bullshit. Any cop who tries to force his way into my house without a warrant will have one hell of a lousy afternoon.

gtbro1

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2007, 06:27:43 PM »
  OH BOY!! WHAT BULL SHIT. Yeah suuuure they won't take drugs or arrest people with drugs.  ::)

SURE you can turn down the search...but then they will say "What are you hiding?"

CUE KH300 TO DEFEND THIS....

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2007, 11:21:34 PM »
the gun issue is a silly one at this point.  They've dropped the handgun ban stuff since Bush got into office.  Hilary won't touch the issue.  Bill said he would support a 100% ban on handguns.  One of the main reasons I disliked bill clinton.  He was a gun grabber.

I like huck more and more... he's pro-gun.

Both mitt and rudy have fought against gun owners rights, and have voted to ban guns.  Hard for them to brag about how Pro-NRA they were, when a few years back, both were dissing the shit out of the NRA and taking guns from law-abiding americans.

thanks to the internet, everyone knows a lot more than they used to.  You know what the stats are - 11 minutes to respond to most crimes.  You know you can visit packing.org anytime and see what other states allow.  And you know the good stories of how guns saved lives.

My brother's pharmacy was robbed 2 years ago.  He shot one armed masked robber in the gut, and chose not to peg the other in the back and he fled out the door.  It was an inside job - one of the robbers' sisters worked there and called in that night, when a big order of oxy came in or whatever.   She cracked.  The plan was to murder my brother in cold blood in the back room.  The cocksuckers planned to kill him.  But he had his own gun, which he had legally carried for 6 years at the time.   He fired and defended himself legally. 

They'll never get all the guns from the criminals.  So they can't take them from the good guys.  And I think it's a moot point at the moment.  You can't rile up everyone for 7 years with terror scares, then take away the one tool that makes a person believe they can protect their family.  I love my guns.  I've carried with a permit for almost 10 years now.  Never pulled it, never had an accident, never did anything but have it for that rainy day I pray never comes.  Makes life a lot more peaceful. 

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2007, 09:46:29 AM »
Since we didnt get the rest of the story...maybe it was in Roxbury or in other bad neighborhoods in Boston.  I can't see cops, where I'm from doing that.
L

Eyeball Chambers

• Getbig V
  • Would you hold still? You're making me fuck up...
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2007, 12:49:29 PM »
Since we didnt get the rest of the story...maybe it was in Roxbury or in other bad neighborhoods in Boston.  I can't see cops, where I'm from doing that.

It shouldn't be happening anywhere in our country.
S

sync pulse

• Getbig V
  • Only be sure always to call it please, 'research'
« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2007, 01:46:40 AM »
The key phrase is, "If you have nothing to hide...?"
If you have nothing to hide:

Why object to red light cameras?
Cameras in public streets? (the Houston police chief actually used this argument favoring the widespread use of video cameras.)
Remote control kill switches on motor vehicles?
Automated speed enforcement on roads?
Urine tests?
Routine physical searches for...?
Oh yes, ensuring the USA is free of anabolic androgenic compounds?
Again, when these powers are used to suppress something the neocons favor, they will change their tune, but it will be too late.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2007, 07:15:26 AM »
The libs have a longer history of surrpressing rights.....killing prayer/nativity scences/rock lyrics/guns..etc etc. Don't blame any of this crap on the Cons...besides if u wanna get crazy and do so..its usually the Christian conservatives who are the nut jobs on our side. maybe if the libs didn't allow things to be thrown in the face of the average American we could get what we want.
L

Purge_WTF

« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2007, 07:43:57 AM »
The libs have a longer history of surrpressing rights.....killing prayer/nativity scences/rock lyrics/guns..etc etc. Don't blame any of this crap on the Cons...besides if u wanna get crazy and do so..its usually the Christian conservatives who are the nut jobs on our side. maybe if the libs didn't allow things to be thrown in the face of the average American we could get what we want.

Even as a Conservative, I must point out that it's been us, not the Liberals, who've (often unjustly) demonized violent and aggressive music and cinema. Try again.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2007, 07:54:40 AM »
The libs have a longer history of surrpressing rights.....killing prayer/nativity scences/rock lyrics/guns..etc etc. Don't blame any of this crap on the Cons

Which party wrote the Patriot Act, HH?

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: November 26, 2007, 07:59:45 AM »
The Patriot act targets islamic nutbags and makes it easier for our law enforcement agencies to do their friggen jobs. we can debate this all day but it Libs who on a daily basis squash free speech across college campuses and America with their politically correct bullshit. Don't make me start cutting and pasting crap..i'll have to vomit. As far as music...i was refering to Tipper Gore. I don't care who says what..don't buy it. As a parent...i police my son as far as video games and music. I don't care about video game violence because my son is not an idiot. If ur kid is an idiot then don't buy it and do ur job as a parent. Watch what they do on the net..don't ban things. taking personel responsibility is a conservative trait and it used to be an American trait regardless of politics.
L

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: November 26, 2007, 08:07:07 AM »
The Patriot act targets islamic nutbags and makes it easier for our law enforcement agencies to do their friggen jobs. we can debate this all day but it Libs who on a daily basis squash free speech across college campuses and America with their politically correct bullshit. Don't make me start cutting and pasting crap..i'll have to vomit. As far as music...i was refering to Tipper Gore. I don't care who says what..don't buy it. As a parent...i police my son as far as video games and music. I don't care about video game violence because my son is not an idiot. If ur kid is an idiot then don't buy it and do ur job as a parent. Watch what they do on the net..don't ban things. taking personel responsibility is a conservative trait and it used to be an American trait regardless of politics.

yes, the libs are crybaby pussies when they cry about rap lyrics and video games - i agree completely.

however, the patriot acts has been abused - and in the very few audits it has had, there has been something like a 10% abuse clip (warrants without cause or approval).  Of course, it'll be years before all the cases are checked and we see the massive abuses.

You honestly are okay with thousands upon thousands of abuses domestically?  What the hell are you fighting for, if the constutition doesn't matter anymore?  Yes, keep us safe.  But get approval for wiretaps.  WTF must they keep everything secret from judges even? 

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: November 26, 2007, 08:11:17 AM »
I'd like u to site the abuses..or how bad things have gotten..they haven't . I've talked to FBI folks who say its getting imposiible to do their job because of the backlash. I think what ur worried about is that things could go really wrong with the patriot act. i think the Libs could go nuts with it. Either way i don't think things are as bad as u make it out...YET.
L

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: November 26, 2007, 08:15:40 AM »
I'd like u to site the abuses..or how bad things have gotten..they haven't . I've talked to FBI folks who say its getting imposiible to do their job because of the backlash. I think what ur worried about is that things could go really wrong with the patriot act. i think the Libs could go nuts with it. Either way i don't think things are as bad as u make it out...YET.

i can let decker research the findings earlier this year.  10k abuses or violations in 100k cases or something.  If you want to battle, you can say there weren't that many, and I can look for it myself and shout owned, but I clearly remember it being covered bigtime on msn and cnn.   

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: November 26, 2007, 08:22:34 AM »
Who was really effected..were u..i don't see people being pulled out of their homes and to be honest there may be fire to some of that smoke. Don't start that owned shit. 10,000 cases of mistakes really doesn't bother me if they stop one dirty bomb or break up one terror cell. They have a report about  a suspected attack down at Fort Huachuca in Arizona. Its our Military Intell hub. We will never really know how affective a job we're doing until we see some Discovery channel special on it 20 years from now.
L

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: November 26, 2007, 08:25:49 AM »
Who was really effected..were u..i don't see people being pulled out of their homes and to be honest there may be fire to some of that smoke. Don't start that owned shit. 10,000 cases of mistakes really doesn't bother me if they stop one dirty bomb or break up one terror cell. They have a report about  a suspected attack down at Fort Huachuca in Arizona. Its our Military Intell hub. We will never really know how affective a job we're doing until we see some Discovery channel special on it 20 years from now.

Do you believe that all 10,000 were 'mistakes'?

Do you believe at least one was an "ABUSE"?

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: November 26, 2007, 08:29:32 AM »
I'm sure there were some absolute mistakes...in the grand scheme of things not a big deal. But i would base my judgement on having traveled extensively all over the world..and not to vacation spots. I want to avoid becoming like a 3rd world shithole. I'm not thrilled with an increased security posture but neither am i thrilled with anouther 911. I'm pretty happy..Pats are 11-0 and I won't be going back to iraq for another year.
L

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: November 26, 2007, 08:37:20 AM »
I'm sure there were some absolute mistakes...in the grand scheme of things not a big deal. But i would base my judgement on having traveled extensively all over the world..and not to vacation spots. I want to avoid becoming like a 3rd world shithole. I'm not thrilled with an increased security posture but neither am i thrilled with anouther 911. I'm pretty happy..Pats are 11-0 and I won't be going back to iraq for another year.

absolute mistakes?

Abuses.  Do you think there were any?  yes or no?

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: November 26, 2007, 08:39:30 AM »
Mistakes sure...abuses....thats the grey area. What was the end result. I'd say if there were 10,000 cases...then there had to be out and out abuses. Based on the fact that we don't all glow..I'd say its worth it.
L

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: November 26, 2007, 08:45:59 AM »
Mistakes sure...abuses....thats the grey area. What was the end result. I'd say if there were 10,000 cases...then there had to be out and out abuses. Based on the fact that we don't all glow..I'd say its worth it.

there were 10k out of the 100k that were audited.

As there are an unknown amount of uses (millions?) it'll be a long time before the full number of abuses are detected.

I guess I just don't get why I'm the only one annoyed by it.  Yes, I break no laws.  Yes, I follow the law to a tee.  If they made a law saying you can't talk about 911, I'd follow it.  I wouldn't like it, but I'd do it because I respect the rule of law more than most.

But when you see people who are supposed to enforce the law (justice dept), and they are BREAKING IT, doesn't that just piss in your wheaties?  They should be held to a higher standard.  Instead, many repubs excuse felonies because it's their party doing it.  If Hilary was wiretapping Rudy's team right now illegally, do you think they'd be so casual about not caring?

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: November 26, 2007, 12:24:40 PM »
Higher standard..perhaps but work as a cop trying to do the right thing....the red tape prevents u from doing that. I don't know what happened in Boston but I'm pretty sure they were'nt going door to door in my old neighborhood.
L