Author Topic: Why Bill O'Reilly is Number 1.  (Read 2815 times)

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
Why Bill O'Reilly is Number 1.
« on: November 24, 2007, 04:11:09 AM »
The ONLY reason is because he's being watched and checked by so many liberals.  If liberals stopped viewing overnight, he would lose half his viewers or more.  The internet is filled with examples of progressive checks on Bill's lies.  A recent Zogby poll showed that the left more commonly tune in to rightwing shows where as the right do not, in large, they're only concerned with opinions they agree with and are happy to just tune into a guy like Bill who spends most of his show talking shit about liberals. Many people who watch Olberman tune into O'Reilly to catch both sides of the fight or comments of the day, but I doubt fans of O'Reilly tune into Olberman.  Bill O'Reilly is such a butthead moron, I can't fathom there would be that many who take him serious... no way.

Mars

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
Re: Why Bill O'Reilly is Number 1.
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2007, 05:48:23 AM »
hes a fucking moron, especially when the young guy who lost his father on 9/11 was at his show.

drkaje

• Getbig V
  • Quiet, Err. I'm transmitting rage.
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2007, 05:55:57 AM »
The show was better when the ratings were lower.

Now he's essentially the Rush Limbaugh (Sp?) of this era. There's no harm in it, Liberals come up with their fair share of bullshit. In the greater scheme, I doubt one show balances things out to any extent.

That being said, my guess is that he's more of a caricature than anything and knows exactly what will elicit a response out of morons.

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2007, 05:59:57 AM »
hes a fucking moron, especially when the young guy who lost his father on 9/11 was at his show.

Oorlog voor Saddam!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I hate the State.

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2007, 07:56:34 AM »
nah dude he is no rush, I tune into him every now and then.

He makes some good points, and shows the party divide

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2007, 08:12:53 AM »
Liberals come up with their fair share of bullshit.
Not a single one that speaks daily under a gigantic "No Spin/Fair and Ballanced" banner.  With them, at least you know exactly what you're getting, a lefty opinion.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2007, 08:40:38 AM »
Not a single one that speaks daily under a gigantic "No Spin/Fair and Ballanced" banner.  With them, at least you know exactly what you're getting, a lefty opinion.

Oreilly has frequently admitted that he feels HIS job is to even the score - to "balance" things by showing the far-right side of things.  He readily admits that he shifted his position to no longer be balances, but to CORRECT the balance. 

He said this last Dec when MSNBC stopped loving the war and started covering deaths and failures extensively.

So yeah, Oreilly admits he's far right in his coverage.  I'm okay with it - many of his viewers are smart enough to look at what he says and make up their own minds.  The funniest part is how he USED to debate the 911 evidence.  Now that there's proof 2 of the hijackers lived with an FBI informant and received US military training, OReilly won't TOUCH any evidence - he just says to even THINK about 911 being an inside job is anti-american.

OReilly's viewers know this.  The smart ones do.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2007, 09:27:52 AM »
Oreilly has frequently admitted that he feels HIS job is to even the score - to "balance" things by showing the far-right side of things.  He readily admits that he shifted his position to no longer be balances, but to CORRECT the balance. 

He said this last Dec when MSNBC stopped loving the war and started covering deaths and failures extensively.

So yeah, Oreilly admits he's far right in his coverage.  I'm okay with it - many of his viewers are smart enough to look at what he says and make up their own minds.  The funniest part is how he USED to debate the 911 evidence.  Now that there's proof 2 of the hijackers lived with an FBI informant and received US military training, OReilly won't TOUCH any evidence - he just says to even THINK about 911 being an inside job is anti-american.

OReilly's viewers know this.  The smart ones do.
That's fine, but he's still running under the banner of no spin and fair and balanced...  That he occasionally redefines what he means by it doesn't really cut it.  It's just plain misleading as he runs with it and he knows that. 

I challenge anybody to spend 15 minutes listening to a guy like Thom Hartmann and it quickly becomes clear just how much Bill O'Reilly, Glenn Beck, Hannity and the like are complete dolts with no class and no knowledge.  I've never found another host who is as knowlegable of American History as Thom.  The guy is a walking political encyclopedia and I'm not exaggerating, plus he does it all with such class.  Unlike Bill and condescending guys like Hannity/Glenn, Thom is 99% of the time calm in his debate and goes right to the relevent facts no matter if it's a point from today or a series of relevent points from the past.
http://www.thomhartmann.com/showarchives.shtml

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2007, 10:36:27 AM »
Many neocons, far-right, and even moderate republicans have come to a stark reality in the last year.

Rove admitted there were no WMD.  That made a few guys finally have to back off "yeah, they were there!" position, when their master Rove declared it not so on Meet the Press.

67% of Americans want a new 911 investigation - that means that if every dem in america wanted one, then 34% of republicans want one too.  And if some dems do not, then a higher % of republicans want one.  Guess what - most people know if was allowed to happen to justify wars.  Most republicans know too.

As a result of the openly known truths to lies of 911 and WMD< OReilly no longer talks evidence or debates facts.  At this point, his position is nearing global realist, talking about 'for the good of the nation" and "what is good for America, regardless of what happened in the past".  He talks about the importance of supporting whatever Bush does, not because it's right, but because he's the President.

I think oreilly will continue to evolve into a cheerleader for Bush then Hilary.

He's all about blindly supporting the winning team, not right or wrong.  You BillO fans have to admit it here...

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2007, 10:43:51 AM »
another example - OReilly bashing that new Cuban-financed film that covers the soldier rape case.

The FACTS in that case are 100% correct, directly from US soldiers' confessions.

Oreilly can't argue anything is wrong - he just says it's bad for the country, so we shouldn't watch it.  He makes a big deal about something that is totally accurate - because it undermines the pres' power here.

kh300

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: November 24, 2007, 11:31:16 AM »
guys, if your going to opine, keep the comments pithy, and stop it with the bloviating

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: November 24, 2007, 11:53:53 AM »
guys, if your going to opine, keep the comments pithy, and stop it with the bloviating
::)

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: November 25, 2007, 06:53:23 AM »
O'REILLY: Orlando, Florida, Mike, go.

CALLER: Hey Bill, I appreciate you taking my call.

O'REILLY: Sure.

CALLER: I like to listen to you during the day, I think Keith Olbermann's show --Cuts Call

O'REILLY: There ya go, Mike is -- he's a gone guy. You know, we have his -- we have your phone numbers, by the way. So, if you're listening, Mike, we have your phone number, and we're going to turn it over to Fox security, and you'll be getting a little visit.

BWHAHAHAHAHahahaha ::)

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: November 25, 2007, 07:22:15 AM »
WTF ? was that a joke ? please say it was.
actually nope...It's real. I was lucky enough to be listening the day it happened driving down the interstate.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: November 25, 2007, 07:52:17 AM »
he sicked Fox Security on Mike, real name Mick, a third grade teacher and another woman who called in to say she liked Olbermann.  The calls were made to Bill because Bill was trying to get Olbermann fired and fans wanted to let Bill know they didn't want that to happen.  This was enought for Billy to try and intimidate them with fox security ::)

Cromespyder

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #15 on: November 25, 2007, 08:37:53 AM »
O'REILLY: Orlando, Florida, Mike, go.

CALLER: Hey Bill, I appreciate you taking my call.

O'REILLY: Sure.

CALLER: I like to listen to you during the day, I think Keith Olbermann's show --Cuts Call

O'REILLY: There ya go, Mike is -- he's a gone guy. You know, we have his -- we have your phone numbers, by the way. So, if you're listening, Mike, we have your phone number, and we're going to turn it over to Fox security, and you'll be getting a little visit.

BWHAHAHAHAHahahaha ::)
theres a delay on live radio. you never know if he said something we didnt hear, which is probably the case.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: November 25, 2007, 08:50:42 AM »
theres a delay on live radio. you never know if he said something we didnt hear, which is probably the case.
If you listen to the interview I posted in the link above, mike is the teacher that called in and he says what he said on Billy's show.  Him and the woman who were both called by fox security decided they would be civil in their call and just let him know they liked olbermann since Bill was trying to get him fired.  With Billy's recent activity of sending guys to "bring down" people at their homes and with Billy's ego, this pretty believable.  Besides, you can't send Fox Security after someone who called in to a radio show pissed ::)  well I guess you can, but it's incredibly lame.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #17 on: November 25, 2007, 09:22:26 AM »
Oberman's an idiot....Bill is loud and can be anooying but Oberman is a leftwing fucktard
L

kh300

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: November 25, 2007, 10:35:40 AM »
The ONLY reason is because he's being watched and checked by so many liberals.  If liberals stopped viewing overnight, he would lose half his viewers or more.  The internet is filled with examples of progressive checks on Bill's lies.  A recent Zogby poll showed that the left more commonly tune in to rightwing shows where as the right do not, in large, they're only concerned with opinions they agree with and are happy to just tune into a guy like Bill who spends most of his show talking shit about liberals. Many people who watch Olberman tune into O'Reilly to catch both sides of the fight or comments of the day, but I doubt fans of O'Reilly tune into Olberman.  Bill O'Reilly is such a butthead moron, I can't fathom there would be that many who take him serious... no way.

you make a good point.. conservatives could give 2 shits about all the liberal bullcrap on tv. we simply dont watch it.. but liberals have such a strange atitude towards things it amazes me.. look at how bill o'reilly is so hated by libs.. how often do you hear us talking about oberman or mahr? and becaue bill has such high ratings it drives you nuts.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: November 25, 2007, 10:58:36 AM »
Oberman's an idiot....Bill is loud and can be anooying but Oberman is a leftwing fucktard
loud and annoying?  That's it?... funny, I can post multiple lies by Billy.  Can you post up some outright lies by Olbermann?  I'm talking outright lies not a political position you don't agree with.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: November 25, 2007, 11:05:31 AM »
you make a good point.. conservatives could give 2 shits about all the liberal bullcrap on tv. we simply dont watch it.. but liberals have such a strange atitude towards things it amazes me.. look at how bill o'reilly is so hated by libs.. how often do you hear us talking about oberman or mahr? and becaue bill has such high ratings it drives you nuts.
you just backed up what I said... Bill has high ratings because we tune in to gawk at his bullshit where cons don't do the same.  yup, why would you guys talk about Olbermann when you don't listen to him,... You're obviously content with calling him liberal crap without listening, that's exactly what the zogby poll showed and you back it.  Libs listen to everyone and you all are close minded loyal sheeple.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: November 25, 2007, 11:08:01 AM »

Oreilly is mothpiece for a policy which spends 2 bil of the dollars a week.

So yeah, they're following what he's saying.

I know you're not worried about living thru a decade of recession, cause youre a super nypd detective/iraqi contractor/fairy tale teller, but the rest of us know a $10 trillion deficit isn't a good thing.