Author Topic: hernia surgery???  (Read 1290 times)

tallnskinny

• Getbig II
hernia surgery???
« on: November 24, 2007, 01:06:40 PM »
Ok its been about 2 years since my last cycle I've kept my gains well thoughI'm not a huge freak I'm bigger than I was.  that said I was getting redy to do anopthr run in the spring to gain a few lbs. then I fiound out I have a hernia I got it repaired with the mesh tuesday. I am wondering iif using a little of my d-bol would help me recover from the surgery faster so i could get back to work better and faster. giotta work or can't eat right! plus I'm going to take till at least mid january off from the gym but I want to heal as fast as posible for work and the faster the better anyway right?? 
Just looking for an educated opinions and appreciate any help guys! Thanks in advance!

trab

• Getbig V
Re: hernia surgery???
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2007, 01:36:25 PM »
I'd let it heal, then when you can lift hard again consider another cycle.

Dbol is NOT a hold back on the intensity while you work out kind of drug.  ;)

busyB

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Have a Nice Day!
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2007, 03:15:04 PM »
Just heal up man...

No need to waste a cycle on recovery. Agree with trab, save the dbol for training bro.

Want to recover from surgery, take up to 20g of Glutamine a day. Work up to that dose though. 10g day for week, 15 next week, then 20 g...glutamine will accelerate recovery big time!

And making sure you are getting enough protein as well...if you are not hungry, drink your protein!

atr911

• Getbig II
  • This is why we GetBig
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2007, 03:57:35 PM »
Read above advice.... Glutamine and get your nutrients in there!  You'll heal like an animal!  Save your d-bol
Git 'er dun!

Vet

• Getbig IV
  • Immortal
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2007, 04:54:41 PM »
Ok its been about 2 years since my last cycle I've kept my gains well thoughI'm not a huge freak I'm bigger than I was.  that said I was getting redy to do anopthr run in the spring to gain a few lbs. then I fiound out I have a hernia I got it repaired with the mesh tuesday. I am wondering iif using a little of my d-bol would help me recover from the surgery faster so i could get back to work better and faster. giotta work or can't eat right! plus I'm going to take till at least mid january off from the gym but I want to heal as fast as posible for work and the faster the better anyway right?? 
Just looking for an educated opinions and appreciate any help guys! Thanks in advance!

No. 

You need to focus on healing that surgical site, not the drugs.  this is a surgical incision, not the effects of training.  They are two very different entities. 

Just out of curiosity, what kind of hernia is it?  The reason I'm asking is I blew out an umbilical hernia almost 2 years ago pulling linoleum off my kitchen floor.   I insisted on getting a mesh because of the powerlifting I do.  After the surgery, it took a few months to get back into full swing with things but the last 15 months have been pretty good with training other than some minor concerns about possible adhesion formation. 

Overload

• Getbig V
  • KO Artist
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2007, 07:34:37 AM »
No. 

You need to focus on healing that surgical site, not the drugs.  this is a surgical incision, not the effects of training.  They are two very different entities. 

Just out of curiosity, what kind of hernia is it?  The reason I'm asking is I blew out an umbilical hernia almost 2 years ago pulling linoleum off my kitchen floor.   I insisted on getting a mesh because of the powerlifting I do.  After the surgery, it took a few months to get back into full swing with things but the last 15 months have been pretty good with training other than some minor concerns about possible adhesion formation. 

Great post with good information.

Depending on the type of hernia it should heal rather quickly.

Take your time and eat well.

8)

tallnskinny

• Getbig II
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2007, 08:59:26 AM »
its an inguanal (if I spelled that right) left near the pubic bone hernia. yeah I kinda figured that the drugs wern't goin to be helpfull for healing but thought i would get you guys to give me your thoughts. Thanks.
but yeah I got the mesh also and intend to stay out of the gym till mabe mid januaryish. I hope to get to go back to work in a week or so. my Dr. and my work have diferent ideas on light dutry on the job site so if they can't agree i'll be off work till my Dr. gives my the 100% go ahead  and thats  B.S.
 thanks for your posts guys!
OH       how long before you could train heavey after your umbilical hernia repair???

delta9mda

• Getbig V
  • Team Pussy Claad/ ya know I'm sayin?
« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2007, 10:17:54 AM »
i had the inguinal fixed march 97. after 4-5 weeks i was back doing aikido and light lifting. you will know what you can and cant do.

as far as umbilical, ill let you know after i get mine fixed. it is tiny right now and i want to keep it that way till repair. eat well and rest. i used the lortab pain killers only as needed.

busyB

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Have a Nice Day!
« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2007, 10:52:59 AM »
Just an FYI...I had an umbilical hernia surgery with the mesh.

Worked my glutamine up to 20g. day and doc said he has never seen someone heal up that fast. That was back in '97 and never any issues since.

tallnskinny

• Getbig II
« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2007, 12:25:28 PM »
I have been taking the glutamine but only 10mg still i feel good and am back to work for over  a week now so I'm doing well. still gonna take a few more weeks off before going back to the gym then going to ease back in. though I am losing wieght at an alarming rate I'm down nearly 12 lbs. course its been 4 weeks plus out of the gym. (I'm 6'6"   now 217 ohhh I was hoping to never see this guy again not that 230 was suppper big but 217    215 ohhhhh scary skinny. not as bad as the 178lbs I graduated highscholl with though  LOL!!!)

busyB

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Have a Nice Day!
« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2007, 01:08:00 PM »
I have been taking the glutamine but only 10mg still i feel good and am back to work for over a week now so I'm doing well. still gonna take a few more weeks off before going back to the gym then going to ease back in. though I am losing wieght at an alarming rate I'm down nearly 12 lbs. course its been 4 weeks plus out of the gym. (I'm 6'6"   now 217 ohhh I was hoping to never see this guy again not that 230 was suppper big but 217    215 ohhhhh scary skinny. not as bad as the 178lbs I graduated highscholl with though  LOL!!!)

You can work up to 20 g. Glutamine a day and hope that helps a bit with the muscle loss. However, remember muscle has memory so just heal up, ease back into training and in about 4 weeks in, you should have most of your fullness and size back. That is of course if you are eating!!

12 lbs in that short period of time is nothing and could be a bunch of water (muscle is up to 70% water!!). Your body just went thru a traumatic shock and does not like being cut open so most of your energy and reserves will go to heal that area. Dont worry man but if you start wearing your high school clothes, then you have a reason for concern.  ;)