Author Topic: Philly had their shot  (Read 7064 times)

body88

Re: Philly had their shot
« Reply #50 on: November 27, 2007, 06:29:53 AM »
The packers have a great shot to beat the patriots. The packers are a fantastic team. Those stats I posted mean squat during a playoff game. The packers have the personnel to potentially beat the pats. I know this my friend. great qb , great d , great o, great coaching. Packers have it all right now.

I have been a pats fan since the days of Shaffer. When they would not even show pats games on Monday night because they where so wild.

Long before they lost to the packers in the big dance when the big Tuna was the coach. This is the best team I have ever seen.

That said they are not unbeatable. Are they going to be tough to beat? Yes they will , but teams like Green bay, Dallas, the Steelers and colts could do it.

Trust me , I don't take either GB or Dallas lightly.

Green bay fans are the best football fans in the country. The loyalty you guys show is pretty impressive. I went to a GB game and everyone was great. Win or lose , packers fans love there team no matter what.

Btw AJ Hawk is a beast.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #51 on: November 27, 2007, 07:58:03 AM »
Its amazing what the Pac has done. It bears repeating that we kicked the shit out of them last year.  ;D. Blueprints are media fodder at best. If ur guys aren't the same then its a moot point. if u can't get pressure with 4 down lineman..forget it. if u don't have good corners..forget it.  I still don'r believ these guys will go undefeated..u can't take anything from the squeeler game last night. I guess u can look at the games they lost. They have been inconsistant and they play in NE. The Pats have the Ravens on Monday night. They appear to be alot of flash on defense but nothing appears to be getting done...even still. Their offense is horrible. Will Todd Heap play?
L

body88

« Reply #52 on: November 27, 2007, 08:24:36 AM »
Its amazing what the Pac has done. It bears repeating that we kicked the shit out of them last year.  ;D. Blueprints are media fodder at best. If ur guys aren't the same then its a moot point. if u can't get pressure with 4 down lineman..forget it. if u don't have good corners..forget it.  I still don'r believ these guys will go undefeated..u can't take anything from the squeeler game last night. I guess u can look at the games they lost. They have been inconsistant and they play in NE. The Pats have the Ravens on Monday night. They appear to be alot of flash on defense but nothing appears to be getting done...even still. Their offense is horrible. Will Todd Heap play?

Didn't you know hh6? Getting physical with receivers and being aggressive with blitz packages is a new concept vs offensively powerful teams  ::) 

Pats have by far there worst defensive game of the season , score 31 and win. SHould have been 40 if not for that called back td and missed fg. Oh brother love the mediots and there "stories".

Ravens have good defensive personel. Pats tend to come back huge after they play bad.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #53 on: November 27, 2007, 08:37:32 AM »
Any word on Colvin or whether Troy Brown will be activated.
L

body88

« Reply #54 on: November 27, 2007, 08:42:39 AM »
Any word on Colvin or whether Troy Brown will be activated.

Not yet. The fact they have said nothing is bad news. When they say absolutely nothing compred to pretty much nothing, usually sucks.

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #55 on: November 27, 2007, 10:42:32 AM »

Didn't you know hh6? Getting physical with receivers ....
It worked with Philly.  Moss had only 4 catches and no touchdowns.  Moss gets frustrated.  I saw that for years when he was with Minnesota.  The only player that can contain Randy Moss is Randy Moss.

jerseyhurricane

• Getbig IV
  • who's next ???
« Reply #56 on: November 27, 2007, 10:56:35 AM »
I'm really proud of the way the Eagles played. If we can play like that from here on out we can go 10-6 and make the playoffs. I doubt it though...as soon as McNabb is back in, they'll go back to their old ways.
I Bleed PhillyEagle

Cap

• Getbig V
  • Trueprotein.com 5% discount code= CSP111
« Reply #57 on: November 27, 2007, 11:20:53 AM »
I'm really proud of the way the Eagles played. If we can play like that from here on out we can go 10-6 and make the playoffs. I doubt it though...as soon as McNabb is back in, they'll go back to their old ways.
South Jersey....ugh.  Jk.  I think McNabb is done after this year and for good reason, he sucks now.  This is the problem with running QBs, once they lose their leg speed they are useless.
Squishy face retard

body88

« Reply #58 on: November 27, 2007, 11:47:48 AM »
It worked with Philly.  Moss had only 4 catches and no touchdowns.  Moss gets frustrated.  I saw that for years when he was with Minnesota.  The only player that can contain Randy Moss is Randy Moss.

I know , my point was what the iggles did is nothing new and it didn't work in the 10 previous games. If Moss did not have that td called back on that bogus pi call he would have had a td. The pats O isstill top notch without moss. All doubling him does is open things up for other people. Moss dropped several balls right in his bread basket. The eagles did a FANTASTIC job , but the fact is the attention they payed Moss allowed Welker to rape them.

I don't understand this argument. The pats d was the problem not the pats O. The d had a shat game. The pats had over 400 yards of offense playing there worst football of the year, and thirty one points. Again you add in that td that called called back , and the missed field goal we are talking 40 points in there worst game of the season.

Teams can double and triple Moss all day. Thats what Watson , Stallworth, Welker , Gaffney  , Faulk and Maroney are for.

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #59 on: November 27, 2007, 12:01:52 PM »
I know , my point was what the iggles did is nothing new and it didn't work in the 10 previous games. If Moss did not have that td called back on that bogus pi call he would have had a td. The pats O isstill top notch without moss. All doubling him does is open things up for other people. Moss dropped several balls right in his bread basket. The eagles did a FANTASTIC job , but the fact is the attention they payed Moss allowed Welker to rape them.

I don't understand this argument. The pats d was the problem not the pats O. The d had a shat game. The pats had over 400 yards of offense playing there worst football of the year, and thirty one points. Again you add in that td that called called back , and the missed field goal we are talking 40 points in there worst game of the season.

Teams can double and triple Moss all day. Thats what Watson , Stallworth, Welker , Gaffney  , Faulk and Maroney are for.

It's funny that you mention the D having a bad day.  The eagle's QB was making insane throw after throw...nobody can be that accurate for long--especially the td passes.  I don't think the D was that bad.  It was the offense that made me wonder.

I referred to this before, that Belichick's play calling looks like it's pulled from the practice rotation.  First we'll run 12 passes in a row.  Then we'll run 8 playaction passes.  Then back to the empty backfield.

It looks like he's just testing or practicing different pass packages or play action packages with scant attention paid to the score or the circumstances of the drive.

Maybe it's just me, but it sure looked like that.  That's horrifying in itself for the rest of the league.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #60 on: November 27, 2007, 12:30:58 PM »
Decker it looked like that to me as well...It was like Philly wasn't there..and AJ and his receivers were making obcene catches
L

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #61 on: November 27, 2007, 01:01:09 PM »
Body it doesn't help that we're fans of a team that keeps info like their the goddam KGB. Bad news I'm afraid...Chad Brown was sighted near the stadium..great huh?. No word on brown yet.
L

body88

« Reply #62 on: November 27, 2007, 03:08:59 PM »
Body it doesn't help that we're fans of a team that keeps info like their the goddam KGB. Bad news I'm afraid...Chad Brown was sighted near the stadium..great huh?. No word on brown yet.

Colvin was put on ir. I know this for a fact. People will say it is speculation at this point , its not. very bad news.

Troy Brown was activated and Kareem Brown cut. Def ir for Colvin.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #63 on: November 28, 2007, 06:55:14 AM »
Yeah I saw it last night on Comcast Sportsnight. Wonderful. They didn't think it was a big deal.
L

body88

« Reply #64 on: November 28, 2007, 08:10:42 AM »
Yeah I saw it last night on Comcast Sportsnight. Wonderful. They didn't think it was a big deal.

Its a big deal. That said the d has the depth to make up for it. Everyone has injuries.

I expect to see alot more 4 - 3 looks. Thomas can play his natural position. In Belichicks 3/4 no one has gaudy stats due to the "system".

When you saw them in the 4/3 Thomas had 3 sacks among others last week vs buff. The pats line is very deep. They can play both.

If we lose any more backers we have an issue. That said P Woods apparently looked very very good in camp. So we shall see if Beli and co took this into account when building the team.

jerseyhurricane

• Getbig IV
  • who's next ???
« Reply #65 on: November 29, 2007, 02:37:22 PM »
I still have no idea why that Gaffney touchdown wasn't reviewed.

As for McNabb...the team just plays better with Feeley in there. The recievers get open, the line protects, and Feeley makes good throws(except the interceptions). McNabb just doesn't have it anymore.
I Bleed PhillyEagle

body88

« Reply #66 on: November 29, 2007, 02:57:37 PM »
I still have no idea why that Gaffney touchdown wasn't reviewed.

As for McNabb...the team just plays better with Feeley in there. The recievers get open, the line protects, and Feeley makes good throws(except the interceptions). McNabb just doesn't have it anymore.

It was a td. If you tivo it you can clearly see. As for calls, I have no idea why moss got flagged for offensive pi. He clearly did not push off. Even bonehead Madden said it.

Thats the way off the game. What if's can be applied to everything. What if's are excuses. If teams executed everything they claimed they should have no one would ever lose a game.

The teams who win have less what ifs because they execute better. The ref's , the announcers , and the replay guys upstairs thought it was a td. If Reid thought otherwise he should have tossed his flag. He didn't so thats why there was no review.