Author Topic: Philly had their shot  (Read 7074 times)

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
Philly had their shot
« on: November 25, 2007, 08:26:15 PM »

Is this the 'test' that NE has been waiting on all season?  Moot point, but could Philly have beaten NE tonite if McNabb had played?  *doubtful*

body88

Re: Philly had their shot
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2007, 08:45:31 PM »
Is this the 'test' that NE has been waiting on all season?  Moot point, but could Philly have beaten NE tonite if McNabb had played?  *doubtful*

I think Aj Feeley played a hell of a game. Feeley played out of his mind tonight. He played like this when he played for Miami last time they faced him. This was a wake up call , and Im glad it happened. Although the pats played poor , the eagles gave them all they could handle, they played great. The pats dared Feeley to beat them in the middle , and he played a damn good game. I think Feeley is more effective at this point.

This media hype is out of control. The 85 bears, the greatest team ever , got slapped around by the dolphins for there one loss. No team is going to destroy everyone one every single time they play. Anyone who gets complacent gets beat. Any given sunday any team can step up and win a game.

I was surprised at how simplistic the pats game plan was today. Not a good game plan by Belichick and Josh tonight. The d played vanilla and was not getting any pressure tonight. Missed kicks , defensive breakdowns. Not a good game tonight for the defense.

A win is all that matter's. Props to Aj Feeley and Andy Reid. Great game plan. The eagles where obv the hungrier team tonight.

A tight game is just what the doctor ordered for this team. Im sick of the media hype.With the pats wraping up the afc east tonight I am glad the eagles showed up and played them tough.

Championship teams win when everything breaks down. Just like the colts, the steelers, green bay and dallas , you get it done when it gets tight.

Anyone who expects any team to kill everyone every time they take the field is a meatball. Much like the mediots hyping the pats to the moon.

CARTEL

• Getbig V
  • Have a good time, all the time.
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2007, 08:56:35 PM »
What the hell was Feeley thinking throwing that corner route? They could've at least tied it up to try to force overtime.

Good game though.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2007, 08:59:12 PM »
Good game.  Feeley literally threw the game away.  Horrible pass. 

The Pats are not invincible.  Moss was taken completely out of the game.  They got some heat on Brady.  The Pats secondary is vulnerable.  They're still the class the NFL, but as Madden said, the Eagles just gave the rest of the league a blueprint. 

CARTEL

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2007, 09:02:26 PM »
Moss got taken out of the game but Welker was unstoppable.

It was nice to see a team actually jam the New England receivers at the line of scrimmage. At least make it a little tough for them.

body88

« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2007, 09:04:32 PM »
Good game.  Feeley literally threw the game away.  Horrible pass. 

The Pats are not invincible.  Moss was taken completely out of the game.  They got some heat on Brady.  The Pats secondary is vulnerable.  They're still the class the NFL, but as Madden said, the Eagles just gave the rest of the league a blueprint. 

I don't agree with that. When green bay lost did they nfl have the blueprint to beat them? They have not lost since. What about when the pats beat Dallas? They have not lost since. Same deal when the colts when they played the pats tough. The next week the bills got killed. Obv they watched that game film from the indy game. They attempted the same sort of coverage schemes but there personnel could not pull it off, and or the pats executed things they did not the week before.

Coverage breakdowns on the pats part are not a blueprint. The eagles played awesome don't get me wrong, but lack of pressure up front , and blown coverages caused a lot of those middle of the field completions. While the eagles played out of there mind , different teams have different personnel making the blueprint flawed from the start. The pats won this game so this "blueprint" is not a good one. The pats pressure up front was horrendous tonight. You are not going to do anything if you play games like that. Westbrook was the focus to stop. Which he was. The pats dared them to beat them in the air , and Feeley played out of his mind. I don't think Feeley does that 9 times out of 10. How many times did that guy escape sacks to complete passes? He was awesome tonight.

Tonight Randy got doubled and did nothing. But he has been doubled all year. He is not going to win every single battle every game. When the skins doubled him he tore them apart. The eagles personnel is not the colts personal. And vice versa.

I don't understand how when teams like the colts win a game under adversity they are champions. But the pats play one of only two close games this year tight they are all the sudden exposed.

Teams play bad football at times. The pats are no exception.

I don't think the eagles did anything tonight buy play fantastic football. This invincible crap is just that. This is the NFL and any team can beat another team on any given day. The 85 bears lost to the phins.

body88

« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2007, 09:09:43 PM »
Moss got taken out of the game but Welker was unstoppable.

It was nice to see a team actually jam the New England receivers at the line of scrimmage. At least make it a little tough for them.

I agree. Randy has been doubled all year. This time the eagles personal stone walled him. You see the plight of this problem though. You focus on Moss you get torched by wes. Same goes for stallworth, Watson and Gaffney.

When the redksins tried this Moss torched them. The thing about Randy is , even when he is taken out of a game he is still helping this team do to the attention the opponent has to give him.

CARTEL

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2007, 09:20:34 PM »

I agree. Randy has been doubled all year. This time the eagles personal stone walled him. You see the plight of this problem though. You focus on Moss you get torched by wes. Same goes for stallworth, Watson and Gaffney.

When the redksins tried this Moss torched them. The thing about Randy is , even when he is taken out of a game he is still helping this team do to the attention the opponent has to give him.

Exactly. You have to play an almost perfect game against the Pats. The fact that the Eagles dropped two sure interceptions really hurt their chances. You have to take every opportunity that the Pats give you or else they will eventually catch you.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2007, 09:23:28 PM »
I don't agree with that. When green bay lost did they nfl have the blueprint to beat them? They have not lost since. What about when the pats beat Dallas? They have not lost since. Same deal when the colts when they played the pats tough. The next week the bills got killed. Obv they watched that game film from the indy game. They attempted the same sort of coverage schemes but there personnel could not pull it off, and or the pats executed things they did not the week before.

Coverage breakdowns on the pats part are not a blueprint. The eagles played awesome don't get me wrong, but lack of pressure up front , and blown coverages caused a lot of those middle of the field completions. While the eagles played out of there mind , different teams have different personnel making the blueprint flawed from the start. The pats won this game so this "blueprint" is not a good one. The pats pressure up front was horrendous tonight. You are not going to do anything if you play games like that. Westbrook was the focus to stop. Which he was. The pats dared them to beat them in the air , and he played out of his mind. I don't think Feeley does that 9 times out of 10.

Tonight Randy got doubled and did nothing. But he has been doubled all year. He is not going to win every single battle every game. When the skins doubled him he tore them apart. The eagles personnel is not the colts personal. And vice versa.

I don't understand how when teams like the colts win a game under adversity they are champions. But the pats play one of only two close games this year tight they are all the sudden exposed.

Teams play bad football at times.

I don't think the eagles did anything tonight buy play fantastic football. This invincible crap is just that. This is the NFL and any team can beat another team on any given day. The 85 bears lost to the phins.

Nah.  I think Madden is right.  Double Moss.  Get physical with him.  Make Welker and the rest beat you.  Blitz and make Brady get rid of the ball.  Play with 3 and 4 WR sets.  

Also, the fact they did this at NE says a lot.    

body88

« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2007, 09:28:36 PM »
Nah.  I think Madden is right.  Double Moss.  Get physical with him.  Make Welker and the rest beat you.  Blitz and make Brady get rid of the ball.  Play with 3 and 4 WR sets.  

Also, the fact they did this at NE says a lot.    

Teams have been doing this to the pats all year. The bills did it last week. They got killed. This forumla has been there since day one. Since when is doubling a teams best receiver , and getting to the qb a new formula? The skins got physical with Moss and he beat them. What the eagles players did does not automatically translate to gold for every team.

Do you honestly think a team is going to execute and play 100 percent in every single game all year? I mean the pats have played TWO close games this year. One vs the raining champions of the NFL. The 85 bears , the current greatest team ever lost to the phins. Did the phins expose the bears , or did the bears just lose a game because they did not execute?

The reason the eagles where so effective tonight was because the pats defensive line was focusing on stopping wetbrook , they got zero pressure on Feeley, and he played out of his mind.

daring Wes Welker , Stallworth , Watson and Gaffney to beat you is not going to translate to many wins if the pats defensive unit is playing well.

CARTEL

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2007, 09:36:15 PM »
I don't think Feeley played that out of his mind. The middle of the field was open the whole night and Feeley actually missed on a few deep balls that could have changed the game.

I do agree that the Pat's didn't really get that much pressure on him for the most part.

I think the best "blueprint" to beat the Pats is to keep their offense off the field for as long as possible. Easier said than done since so far the Eagles and Colts have been the only two teams to do it this year.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2007, 09:41:23 PM »
Teams have been doing this to the pats all year. The bills did it last week. They got killed. This forumla has been there since day one. Since when is doubling a teams best receiver , and getting to the qb a new formula? The skins got physical with Moss and he beat them. What the eagles players did does not automatically translate to gold for every team.

Do you honestly think a team is going to execute and play 100 percent in every single game all year? I mean the pats have played TWO close games this year. One vs the raining champions of the NFL. The 85 bears , the current greatest team ever lost to the phins. Did the phins expose the bears , or did the bears just lose a game because they did not execute?

The reason the eagles where so effective tonight was because the pats defensive line was focusing on stopping wetbrook , they got zero pressure on Feeley, and he played out of his mind.

daring Wes Welker , Stallworth , Watson and Gaffney to beat you is not going to translate to many wins if the pats defensive unit is playing well.

The Bills stink, so I think their lack of success against the Pats doesn't say much.  

There is no new formula.  I'm just saying I agree with Madden.  Cannot deny that what the Eagles did was effective (spread offense, blitz, take Moss out, etc.).  What the Eagles showed, among other things, is the Pats have problems in the secondary.  The Eagles were about two bad passes away from winning this game.  

I don't think Welker, Stallworth, etc. are nearly as dangerous as Moss.  Teams will have a much better chance to beat the Pats if they take Moss out of the game.  

Everybody is still playing for second place, but if the Steelers and Giants use the same game plan they could make things very interesting.  

body88

« Reply #12 on: November 25, 2007, 09:44:41 PM »
I don't think Feeley played that out of his mind. The middle of the field was open the whole night and Feeley actually missed on a few deep balls that could have changed the game.

I do agree that the Pat's didn't really get that much pressure on him for the most part.

I think the best "blueprint" to beat the Pats is to keep their offense off the field for as long as possible. Easier said than done since so far the Eagles and Colts have been the only two teams to do it this year.

I think Feeley played out of his mind considering he is a journey man qb. Feeley escaped a lot of sacks to make things happen. I thought the game plan was horrible for the pats tonight. The eagles caught them, and they played awesome.

The pats obv keyed on westbrook leaving the middle of the field open. Problem was the pats d line got ZERO pressure on Feeley giving him time to exploit the soft part of the pats zone.

If the pats had played several close games like this I would buy into the blueprint talk. But the fact is teams have been doubling Moss and blitzing the shit out of Brady all year. 90 percent of the time it has been ineffective.

I agree with you Cartel. Keeping the O of the field is the "blueprint". Which is nothing new.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: November 25, 2007, 09:50:36 PM »
I think Feeley played out of his mind considering he is a journey man qb. Feeley escaped a lot of sacks to make things happen. I thought the game plan was horrible for the pats tonight. The eagles caught them, and they played awesome.

The pats obv keyed on westbrook leaving the middle of the field open. Problem was the pats d line got ZERO pressure on Feeley giving him time to exploit the soft part of the pats zone.

If the pats had played several close games like this I would buy into the blueprint talk. But the fact is teams have been doubling Moss and blitzing the shit out of Brady all year. 90 percent of the time it has been ineffective.

I agree with you Cartel. Keeping the O of the field is the "blueprint". Which is nothing new.

I didn't see keeing on Westbrook as a problem, because the Eagles didn't run much and they didn't run a lot of play action.  They were playing a zone with gaping holes in the secondary. 

body88

« Reply #14 on: November 25, 2007, 09:51:08 PM »
The Bills stink, so I think their lack of success against the Pats doesn't say much.  

There is no new formula.  I'm just saying I agree with Madden.  Cannot deny that what the Eagles did was effective (spread offense, blitz, take Moss out, etc.).  What the Eagles showed, among other things, is the Pats have problems in the secondary.  The Eagles were about two bad passes away from winning this game.  

I don't think Welker, Stallworth, etc. are nearly as dangerous as Moss.  Teams will have a much better chance to beat the Pats if they take Moss out of the game.  

Everybody is still playing for second place, but if the Steelers and Giants use the same game plan they could make things very interesting.  

The bills had won four straight up until they faced the pats. They almost beat the cowboys. They do not stink. The bills are better then the eagles.

Welker had 13 catches for 140 yards tonight. Welker has been a gigantic threat all year.Do you watch most pats games? Teams have been doing this for the entire year. Only two games of the last 11 have been close.

Dallas used the same forumla and they got beat. same with the skins , a team with a better secondary then the eagles. I agree teams have a much better chance to take Moss out of games , but he has been doubled and tripled all year. This game is not the first time this has been done. This was the only game this year that this tactic was effective.

I agree Pit and the Giants can use this "tactic". but pit has lost three games to horrible teams , and the giants showed today they are in deep shit with the qb they have.

If you are going to bank on this tactic , you are also banking on the pats dropping a lot of balls , and the pats d playing very poor. Because they scored plenty of points to win. The eagles O made this game close. The pats scored plenty of point on there d.

Imo the pats game plan was very poor tonight.  I dont think the pats are invinsible. Nor do I expect every single game to be a blowout.

My point is teams have been double covering moss all year. As well as pressuring Brady. The eagles are not better then Dallas and or Many other teams that fell using the same tactic.

body88

« Reply #15 on: November 25, 2007, 09:55:36 PM »
I didn't see keeing on Westbrook as a problem, because the Eagles didn't run much and they didn't run a lot of play action.  They were playing a zone with gaping holes in the secondary. 

Exactly. The pats banked on westbrook touching the ball. Reid came out throwing it exposing that soft seem in the middle of the field. The pats dared Feeley to beat them in the air , relying on the defensive pressure the line should have generated. The pats did not generate the pressure needed.

The patriots have played far better offensive teams then the eagles and given up less points.

If the blueprint as you said is the tactic teams take , they need to expect the pats d to pretty much do nothing all game. Which over the last 11 games has just not happened.

The reason I feel this blueprint is wrong , is because Moss has been doubled and triple teamed since the first game of the year. Out of 11 games tonight was the only night he was effectivly taken out of a game. Which was not that big of a deal since the pats still put up plenty of points to win.

No secondary is going to be invinsible if a line cannot create pressure. Look at Denver. The lack of defensive pressure up front was the issue imo.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: November 25, 2007, 10:07:11 PM »

The bills had won four straight up until they faced the pats. They almost beat the cowboys. They do not stink. The bills are better then the eagles.

Welker had 13 catches for 140 yards tonight. Welker has been a gigantic threat all year.Do you watch most pats games? Teams have been doing this for the entire year. Only two games of the last 11 have been close.

Dallas used the same forumla and they got beat. I agree teams have a much better chance to take Moss out of games , but he has been doubled and tripled all year. This game is not the first time this has been done. This was the only game this year that this tactic was effective.

I agree Pit and the Giants can use this "tactic". but pis has lost two three horrible teams , and the giants showed today they are in deep shit with the qb they have.

If you are going to bank on this tactic , you are also banking on the pats dripping a lot of balls , and the pats d playing very poor. because they scored plenty of points to win. the eagles O made this game close. The pats scored plenty of point on there d.

The Bills beat the Ravens, Jets, Cincy, and Dolphins, four of the worst teams in the NFL.  I've watched them play.  I think they stink.  They have one solid player on offense (Lynch) who is currently hurt.  Losman is probably done.  Evans hasn't done squat.   

Yes I've watched the Pats play several times this year.  They looked absolutely unbeatable in every game except the Colts game and today.  Both the Colts and Eagles showed this is a team that can be beaten. 

Welker caught a number of hot routes and racked up mostly meaningless yards.  He picked up a few big first downs, but was largely contained.  Brady had one TD pass on 54 attempts.  Moss had 5 for 43.  That's they way you beat this team.

The problem the rest of the league faces is Brady doesn't make many mistakes.  I don't think he threw a bad pass all night.       

body88

« Reply #17 on: November 25, 2007, 10:13:35 PM »
I know exactly what you are saying. My point is teams have been double and triple covering Moss all year. Pressuring Brady , getting physical with Moss, and or trying to containing "whoever" has been attempted since the second game of the year. So far that has resulted in Brady throwing 39 td's and 4 ints. And almost a 40 points per game average. I just think that considering the play over the last 11 games , this game was close do to poor execution, bad defensive play, and some suspect play calling. That and the fact the eagles played a great great game. If they played like that all the time ,they would be on top of the NFC.

No idea why Mc D did not establish any play action. I thought he did a shit job of game planning for this team. That and the fact the eagles where all fired up and playing great , while the pats seemed flat. I thought this was by far the worst play of the defensive front all year.

Nothing the eagles did tonight was different then many other teams have been attempting to do all year. What was different was the pats defensive line got little to no pressure , allowing Feeley to make a lot of throws.

Imo two close games out of 11 which still resulted in wins is not any new type of blueprint.

You wont catch me calling the pats invinsible. That is just silly. Pure media hype. The pats played a tight game tonight. I dont think the d plays like they did tonight 9 times out of 10.

Props to the eagles , even though they lost they played great.

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: November 26, 2007, 06:17:35 AM »
...but as Madden said, the Eagles just gave the rest of the league a blueprint. 

The problem is that the only team left on their schedule that's capable of executing it is the Steelers, who they'll play at Foxboro. 

The Ravens D is a shadow of it's former self, but even if they were still #1, their offense can't score any points.  And then the Giants...who knows what the hell they are, all I know is that they flat out suck (and cost me a lot of potential winnings yesterday).  The games against the Jets and Dolphins are gimmes. 

As I see it, if the Patriots get to 13-0, then they'll run the table and get to 16-0, even if they play only 2nd-teamers in the final 3 games of the regular season. 

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: November 26, 2007, 06:21:16 AM »

Because just like with Barry Bonds, people want to see cheaters lose. 

But don't worry - no matter what happens, you will always ALWAYS have Sean Salisbury to massage your groin for you.  He keeps Brady's penis warmer and more moistened than the guy's girlfriend does. 

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: November 26, 2007, 06:28:26 AM »

I'm just glad I won a shitload of money on last night's game...took the sting out of the Giants losing (had those assholes teased down to a pick 'em). 

I don't know how you can give an NFL team 26.5 points, but that's a number that I will take every time. 

body88

« Reply #21 on: November 26, 2007, 07:05:04 AM »
Because just like with Barry Bonds, people want to see cheaters lose. 

But don't worry - no matter what happens, you will always ALWAYS have Sean Salisbury to massage your groin for you.  He keeps Brady's penis warmer and more moistened than the guy's girlfriend does. 

So why don't people want to see the broncos, steelers , 49ers , chargers or cowboys lose? All teams caught "cheating".

The real reason why the pats get so much hate tossed there way is the same reason the Yankees or the Celtics where hated. Because year after year they win. They are always in the mix to win. They always contend. They win superbowls. They make the playoffs every year. Fans of losing teams like you get sick of the pats in the playoffs. Sick of all the superbowls. Its tough to watch your own team lose year after year. Hard to accept the horrible drafts , the terrible gameplans. The endless what if's , or could have beens. While great teams like the pats can draft in low rounds and still field better players. Before 98 when the pats where in the tail end of one of there worst stretches I knew how you felt. I hated teams that won to. Hated the cowboys the most!

Don't you worry Tre. You will have plenty of ammunition to whine about Salisbury over. Because the pats will keep winning , and you will keep whining  ;)

body88

« Reply #22 on: November 26, 2007, 07:07:10 AM »
I'm just glad I won a shitload of money on last night's game...took the sting out of the Giants losing (had those assholes teased down to a pick 'em). 

I don't know how you can give an NFL team 26.5 points, but that's a number that I will take every time. 

The pats scored over 50 points on the skins and the bills. Two better teams then the eagles. The only time the pats did not cover the spread other then last night was vs the colts. So leading up to the eagles game the pats covered the spread nine out of ten times.

I see why vegas did what they did , but you where smart to take that number. That was the dumbest spread in history. All it did was infuriate the eagles into playing awesome.

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: November 26, 2007, 07:07:29 AM »
I enjoyed the game.  Philly was one of the teams I picked to upset the Pats b/c of the coaching job of the Def. coordinator.

Here's what I learned from the game:  Randy Moss can be frustrated and taken out of the game.  That's not a secret to GB fans though.  He's exhibited that trait while in MN.  

The Pats can't cover an empty backfield w/ 5 wideouts (but who can?).  A team with a deep core of receivers and a good tight end can score on this defense.

Maroney is a good back.  He has quick feet but he runs upright and takes big hits.

Welker is a great acquisition and plays within his means.

The key to beating the defense is run a 4 or 5 wideout scheme and test those NE linebackers all over the field.

The keys to slowing down the offense are jam the wideouts on every play w/ an aggressive bump 'n run and  Mix up the blitz packages early and often.

Man the Pats are good.

body88

« Reply #24 on: November 26, 2007, 07:17:16 AM »
Hey Decker how do you feel about Mcnabbe? Do you think the eagles should trade him?
Let AJ start and maybe look for a new qb?

I thought AJ looked great last night. It could be said that Mccnabe is holding the eagles back a bit.

I thought you where an eagles fan. Maybe it was the cowboys? I know cartel is a cowboys fan.

Of all people I know NE is looking for a trading partner. If they pick second or third overall (sf's pick) The eagles could trade up and take anyone they wanted.

I don't know much about Beck. My apologies if he is the future starter.