Author Topic: Did a J P Fux Inpersonation  (Read 1246 times)

KillerMonk

• Getbig IV
  • Future President Of USA
Did a J P Fux Inpersonation
« on: November 26, 2007, 05:22:42 AM »
Yesterday i was only doing 3 plates aside on squat and for some reason my left knee buckled and went head over arse luckly i was in the squat cage and BOOM the noise was deafening, my mate came over to see if i was okay and then proceeded to laugh his ass off when he saw i was okay.
I do not know what happened the knee is sore but i can still walk okay just a bit of swelling.
Ill be doing all squats from now on the Smith machine.
Reminds of about 10 years ago i attempted a 405 bench and my freind who was spotting me had a laugh i got the bar to a pause then proceeded to rise the bar got halfway and the bastard would not help me rerack it i ended up having to roll it down my torso to get it off me.Very embarrising
Anyone else have embarresing moments.
Arnold For President 2012.2016

webcake

• Getbig V
  • Not now chief...
Re: Did a J P Fux Inpersonation
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2007, 05:46:02 AM »
Yesterday i was only doing 3 plates aside on squat and for some reason my left knee buckled and went head over arse luckly i was in the squat cage and BOOM the noise was deafening, my mate came over to see if i was okay and then proceeded to laugh his ass off when he saw i was okay.
I do not know what happened the knee is sore but i can still walk okay just a bit of swelling.
Reminds of about 10 years ago i attempted a 405 bench and my freind who was spotting me had a laugh i got the bar to a pause then proceeded to rise the bar got halfway and the bastard would not help me rerack it i ended up having to roll it down my torso to get it off me.Very embarrising

wow, ur mate sounds like a dickhead. I wouldnt wanna roll 405 on my torso, that could do some damage, or at least hurt.
No doubt about it...

EL Mariachi

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2007, 05:55:14 AM »

Did you tape your knees prior to the crash?

KillerMonk

• Getbig IV
  • Future President Of USA
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2007, 06:05:37 AM »
Did you tape your knees prior to the crash?
No, its a pretty moderate weight for me, i just went to far down and my knee did not like it,Had a very painfull lumbar region lifting to heavy a few years ago,thinking of ditching squats and concentrating on Leg press,leg ext,and leg curls
Arnold For President 2012.2016

Nordic Beast

• Getbig V
  • Old World Values
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2007, 06:51:38 AM »
very smart of you to use the safety bars--------too many assholes dont take 30 seconds out of their life to set them up and pay for it for the rest of their lives :-\

sometimes a muscle can cramp or some little thing happens and your legs give out------its common, I had it happen to me on the smith machine while squatting years ago and lucky I had the safeties set up, next set i pumped out 10 reps of the same weight, I have no idea what happened that first set but thanked god I set up the safeties.

this should be a lesson to all the young lifters out there

BigCypriate

• Getbig IV
  • F****n Peasants!
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2007, 07:08:57 AM »
very smart of you to use the safety bars--------too many assholes dont take 30 seconds out of their life to set them up and pay for it for the rest of their lives :-\

sometimes a muscle can cramp or some little thing happens and your legs give out------its common, I had it happen to me on the smith machine while squatting years ago and lucky I had the safeties set up, next set i pumped out 10 reps of the same weight, I have no idea what happened that first set but thanked god I set up the safeties.

this should be a lesson to all the young lifters out there

glad your ok mate, same here I never squat without safetys in

funnily enough training partner done same thing last week with only 2.5 plates a side, was warming up and he was rushing so came down a bit to quick and had to leave it on the safteys and start again

even with 300 pounds on the bar it can be dangerous if you lose balance

Mars

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2007, 07:15:05 AM »
legg press is safer guys.