Author Topic: Rip Sean taylor  (Read 7249 times)

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
Re: Rip Sean taylor
« Reply #50 on: November 28, 2007, 08:56:41 AM »

You're a multi-millionaire - how is your home not secure?

Don't people watch TV? 

This is so, so tragic, especially given the fact that he had a little girl and hearing what people are saying about how her arrival in this world had led him to change his life for the better.

body88

« Reply #51 on: November 28, 2007, 09:30:10 AM »
You're a multi-millionaire - how is your home not secure?

Don't people watch TV? 

This is so, so tragic, especially given the fact that he had a little girl and hearing what people are saying about how her arrival in this world had led him to change his life for the better.

Nothing worse then wasted life and talent. It's a shame it had to happen. This is why athletes owning firearms is not always a bad idea. Legally of course.

Maybe the NFL could take a minuscule cut of there billions and provide security for its athletes if there was a reason to believe they where in danger.

Fat chance. The NFL needs to start taking better care of its players. They also need to make contracts on par with the amount of cash they are pulling in.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #52 on: November 28, 2007, 09:32:21 AM »
This does not pass the smell test.  I suspect it was personal.  Maybe involved a woman? 

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
« Reply #53 on: November 28, 2007, 09:39:04 AM »
This does not pass the smell test.  I suspect it was personal.  Maybe involved a woman? 

Doesn't smell good, but they say he'd been with the same girl for 6-7 years.  I'm sure he had a few on the side, but even still, I can't figure out how people were able to break into his home twice in 8 days.  Shouldn't once have been more than enough?

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #54 on: November 28, 2007, 09:40:02 AM »

yeah i think the same....i heard something about a knife on the pillow the week before (maybe....dont quote me)....only a broad does shit like that....

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #55 on: November 28, 2007, 09:42:46 AM »
Doesn't smell good, but they say he'd been with the same girl for 6-7 years.  I'm sure he had a few on the side, but even still, I can't figure out how people were able to break into his home twice in 8 days.  Shouldn't once have been more than enough?

Should have been.  And I don't think burglars usually shoot people.  Must have been a very loud burglar to wake him up in the middle of the night. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #56 on: November 28, 2007, 09:44:03 AM »
yeah i think the same....i heard something about a knife on the pillow the week before (maybe....dont quote me)....only a broad does shit like that....

I heard he had a machete under his bed and the girlfriend saw the shooter?  Why didn't she get shot? 

OneBigMan

« Reply #57 on: November 28, 2007, 02:46:43 PM »
This is a very serious tragedy for something like this to happen right in the middle of a NFL team's season. There is no way that the NFL shouldn't consider postponing the Washington Redskins game this Sunday. I hope the team's website will say if they are going to postpone the game.

The question I have is why would the team easily allow him to go back and forth from the teams training facility where he was receiving treatment for his injured knee. At the very least they should have told him to rejoin the team no later than Sunday since they were playing in Tampa, Florida. Another question is about the initial break in because there should have been enough of a police investigation to determine whether of not the house could be made more secure than it previously was. I don't understand why would any NFL player would feel comfortable going back to his home for any extended period after having his own property vandalised. As I read in a previous post, there have been other players who have been victims of a home invasion. The last I can easily recall is a NBA player for the Bulls if I'm correct.

CARTEL

• Getbig V
  • Have a good time, all the time.
« Reply #58 on: November 28, 2007, 05:11:32 PM »
thats still ventua county

Nope. Santa Barbara is in Santa Barbara County.

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
« Reply #59 on: November 28, 2007, 07:29:41 PM »

Um, everyone has known this since the news first came out.

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
« Reply #60 on: November 28, 2007, 07:32:31 PM »
The question I have is why would the team easily allow him to go back and forth from the teams training facility where he was receiving treatment for his injured knee. At the very least they should have told him to rejoin the team no later than Sunday since they were playing in Tampa, Florida.

Apparently Gibbs was unaware of some of his last travels.

It would be better to cancel or postpone the game, but that may not be possible as they're under tight constraints.

This will have the unforseen benny of temporarily allowing the skins season to be more easily forgotten/excused.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #61 on: November 28, 2007, 08:33:28 PM »
Um, everyone has known this since the news first came out.

Everyone knew that Sean Taylor slept with a woman he probably shouldn't have and this resulted in his death?  Okay.   ::)

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
  • "Check my soundscan, Check my instagram"
« Reply #62 on: November 29, 2007, 02:37:43 AM »
where did he get shot?

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #63 on: November 29, 2007, 08:39:40 AM »

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #64 on: November 29, 2007, 10:22:04 AM »
Balls

That's part of the reason why I think a woman, or a dispute over a woman, is somehow at the heart of this.   

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #65 on: November 29, 2007, 10:23:24 AM »
That's part of the reason why I think a woman, or a dispute over a woman, is somehow at the heart of this.   
love Triangle....

TrapsMcLats

• Getbig IV
  • Lift Heavy. Lift Hard.
« Reply #66 on: December 01, 2007, 02:38:13 PM »
Nothing worse then wasted life and talent. It's a shame it had to happen. This is why athletes owning firearms is not always a bad idea. Legally of course.

Maybe the NFL could take a minuscule cut of there billions and provide security for its athletes if there was a reason to believe they where in danger.

Fat chance. The NFL needs to start taking better care of its players. They also need to make contracts on par with the amount of cash they are pulling in.

Everything you are about to read is a rampant violation of civil rights and i only parly agree with even though i wrote it.  I do believe though, that it would be a step in the right direction:

what they need is to sit down every young black athlete they draft and explain to them how the real world works, that their upbringing was shit, to stay away from their old acquaintances, friends and 99% of their families and they need to become as white as  possible.  They should not be allowed to watch BET, MTV, VH1 or anything else that encourages or glorifies the hip hop lifestyle.  They should be forced to wear suits, have respectable haircuts and work on grammar, speech and etiquette.  They should have bed checks and live in large houses/ dormitories where the other young 1st, 2nd and 3rd year players on their team, both white and black, live.  When they are not doing football related activities they should be involved in community service or charity work like the YMCA, the boys and girls club, the spca, the humane society etc.  they should have daily meetings with team veterans who can explain to them how to lead their lives and should have weekly tests where they are tested on the knowledge they have hopefuly learned.  they should then be fined (with the money going to charity) for every answer that gets them less than an 80 percent.  If they don't want to abide by these rules then they can go work for the cfl or nfl europe

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
  • "Check my soundscan, Check my instagram"
« Reply #67 on: December 01, 2007, 04:32:36 PM »
Everything you are about to read is a rampant violation of civil rights and i only parly agree with even though i wrote it.  I do believe though, that it would be a step in the right direction:

what they need is to sit down every young black athlete they draft and explain to them how the real world works, that their upbringing was shit, to stay away from their old acquaintances, friends and 99% of their families and they need to become as white as  possible.  They should not be allowed to watch BET, MTV, VH1 or anything else that encourages or glorifies the hip hop lifestyle.  They should be forced to wear suits, have respectable haircuts and work on grammar, speech and etiquette.  They should have bed checks and live in large houses/ dormitories where the other young 1st, 2nd and 3rd year players on their team, both white and black, live.  When they are not doing football related activities they should be involved in community service or charity work like the YMCA, the boys and girls club, the spca, the humane society etc.  they should have daily meetings with team veterans who can explain to them how to lead their lives and should have weekly tests where they are tested on the knowledge they have hopefuly learned.  they should then be fined (with the money going to charity) for every answer that gets them less than an 80 percent.  If they don't want to abide by these rules then they can go work for the cfl or nfl europe
that will never happen, Nba tried that and the players union balked...u cant change what people are..But i think your right, i love hip  hop but that lifestyle of bragging is bad karma

Geo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #68 on: December 01, 2007, 05:37:47 PM »

you'd think they'd learn how to live ADULT lives in college !

TrapsMcLats

• Getbig IV
  • Lift Heavy. Lift Hard.
« Reply #69 on: December 01, 2007, 06:23:46 PM »
i  doubt many actually ever went to a college class while they were there.  they were probably smoking pot, trying to have sex and listening to hip hop, whilst saying things like "thats right, thats disrespectful," and the all time classic," fo sho."

Doug_Steele

• Getbig V
  • I'm totally Brolic, bro!
« Reply #70 on: December 01, 2007, 06:41:56 PM »
i  doubt many actually ever went to a college class while they were there.  they were probably smoking pot, trying to have sex and listening to hip hop, whilst saying things like "thats right, thats disrespectful," and the all time classic," fo sho."

My buddy had Classes with Cato June, Victor Hobson and B.J. Askew and said they were always in class but did cut up. The majority of colleges have people that watch the players and make sure they attend their classes. Most college athletes do get good treatment though.
D

Faust

• Getbig IV
  • It's a league game, Smokey
« Reply #71 on: December 02, 2007, 05:41:16 AM »
If they don't want to abide by these rules then they can go work for the cfl or nfl europe
;D

Haha, actually our basketball competitions have a lot of americans as well. And usually they are really talented but with a bad attitude. I know somebody that plays in first division and usually the americans "flock togheter", barely talk with the euro-players. Go out a lot, eat fast-food, try to hit on every woman that passes by, etc... But they can sure play ball!
$

OneBigMan

« Reply #72 on: December 04, 2007, 03:23:13 PM »
Apparently Gibbs was unaware of some of his last travels.

It would be better to cancel or postpone the game, but that may not be possible as they're under tight constraints.

This will have the unforseen benny of temporarily allowing the skins season to be more easily forgotten/excused.

It doesn't seem plausible that the head coach Joe Gibbs was not aware that he went back and forth from the teams training facilities. At the very least the team's GM should have been constantly aware of the whereabouts of one of their injured starting players. It was mentioned on TV that Taylor went up to Virginia just before Thanksgiving after he had already went down to Florida to check on his home after it had been burglarized the first time. Obviously he went back home a second time because Taylor was in South Florida at the time that Washington played in Tampa the Sunday after Thanksgiving. His agent Drew Rosenhaus was on ESPNEWS an hour ago and said Taylor was supposed to catch a flight back to the DC area the morning of the home invasion robbery.

I have to say that part of this tragedy has to with the team inexplicably allowing a valuable player who was one of their starters to fly back and forth all the way from Virginia to Florida and vice versa. After he went home to check on his burglarized house, they should have gave him a timetable to rejoin the team after that. Since they didn't do that, then the simple thing for them to do was to tell him to report to the team the same day they played the Buccanears in Tampa so he could head back up to Washington after the game since he initially went back home in the Miami area for some undetermined amount of time.

body88

« Reply #73 on: December 06, 2007, 09:01:54 AM »
Gibbs didn't even know you could not call two timeouts in a row to ice a kicker, losing the bills game for the skins last week. In the least giving the Bill's kicker prime field position to make the kick.

I don't think that guy knows much of anything these days.

Gym dude

• Getbig III
« Reply #74 on: December 12, 2007, 01:12:20 AM »
My condlances go out to Sean taylor family and parents.I think the NFl should have some sort secerty rule to help the players conserding the millions of dollars that they make.