Author Topic: Rip Sean taylor  (Read 7231 times)

body88

Rip Sean taylor
« on: November 26, 2007, 07:36:59 AM »
MIAMI -- Washington Redskins safety Sean Taylor was in critical condition after he was shot at his Florida home Monday, police said.

Taylor

Miami-Dade County police officers were dispatched to Taylor's home at about 1:45 a.m. and found him shot. He was then airlifted to Jackson Memorial Hospital, police Detective Alvaro Zabaleta said. He didn't know where on Taylor's body he was shot.

The Miami Herald reported paramedics found Taylor with a gunshot wound to the groin. A family friend who did not want to be identified told ABC-TV 10 in Miami that Taylor was shot twice.

A brief statement from the Redskins said Taylor was undergoing treatment at the Miami hospital and that police were investigating. His family has asked that no information about his condition be released at this point, said hospital spokeswoman Lorraine Nelson.

Taylor has a home in the Miami suburb of Palmetto Bay that he bought for $900,000 two years ago.

Taylor, 24, is in his fourth season with the Redskins after playing at the University of Miami, where he was an All-American in 2003. He leads the team with five interceptions but has missed the last two games with a knee injury.

In 2005, Taylor was accused of brandishing a gun at a man and repeatedly hitting him during a fight that broke out after Taylor and some friends went looking for the people who had allegedly stolen his all-terrain vehicles.

Taylor reached a deal with prosecutors last year after they agreed to drop felony charges against him. He pleaded no contest to two misdemeanors in the assault case and was sentenced to 18 months probation.

The man, Ryan Hill, also sued, seeking at least $15,000 in damages. Hill suffered bruising to his body, incurred medical expenses and lost wages because of the fight, the lawsuit said.

mass 04

• Getbig V
Re: Redkins Sean Taylor Shot
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2007, 08:10:59 AM »
I read on ESPN he was shot in the groin. I hope he is ok, IF this was a robbery attempt this is probably becoming a new trend. It has happened to a few NBA players.

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
  • I can spot crazy pussy....
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2007, 09:04:55 AM »
Fucking guy had all the talent in the world to be one of the best ever but he can't stay away from trouble in any capacity.

Nevertheless, my prayers go out to him and his family.

body88

« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2007, 09:06:06 AM »
Fucking guy had all the talent in the world to be one of the best ever but he can't stay away from trouble in any capacity.

Nevertheless, my prayers go out to him and his family.

MIAMI -- Washington Redskins safety Sean Taylor was in critical condition after he was shot at his Florida home Monday, police said.

Taylor

Miami-Dade County police officers were dispatched to Taylor's home at about 1:45 a.m. and found him shot. He was then airlifted to Jackson Memorial Hospital, police Detective Alvaro Zabaleta said. He didn't know where on Taylor's body he was shot.

The Miami Herald reported paramedics found Taylor with a gunshot wound to the groin. A family friend who did not want to be identified told ABC-TV 10 in Miami that Taylor was shot twice.

A brief statement from the Redskins said Taylor was undergoing treatment at the Miami hospital and that police were investigating. His family has asked that no information about his condition be released at this point, said hospital spokeswoman Lorraine Nelson.

Taylor has a home in the Miami suburb of Palmetto Bay that he bought for $900,000 two years ago.

Taylor, 24, is in his fourth season with the Redskins after playing at the University of Miami, where he was an All-American in 2003. He leads the team with five interceptions but has missed the last two games with a knee injury.

In 2005, Taylor was accused of brandishing a gun at a man and repeatedly hitting him during a fight that broke out after Taylor and some friends went looking for the people who had allegedly stolen his all-terrain vehicles.

Taylor reached a deal with prosecutors last year after they agreed to drop felony charges against him. He pleaded no contest to two misdemeanors in the assault case and was sentenced to 18 months probation.

The man, Ryan Hill, also sued, seeking at least $15,000 in damages. Hill suffered bruising to his body, incurred medical expenses and lost wages because of the fight, the lawsuit said.

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2007, 09:32:43 AM »
Fighting for his life.  He was shot in Florida. My prayers go out to him. Lets hope he pulls through.Terrible.

Taylor

Nothing having to deal with him getting shot last night.

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2007, 09:48:01 AM »
Sounds like a scorned woman, shooting him in the dick.

Fuck that must be agony

Doug_Steele

• Getbig V
  • I'm totally Brolic, bro!
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2007, 10:35:05 AM »
I hope Sean is good and comes back but Miami players are getting into trouble. I always try to avoid Miami at all costs. I believe some of the players last year pulled out guns at the house they were staying at.  Sean is a great player and with his work ethic and skill he will be back.
D

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2007, 11:07:48 AM »
This doesn't like a situation that will allow him to resume his playing career. Reports state that the femoral artery in his leg was severed due to the gunshot wound.(reports also state he was shot twice in the groin region.) That's the leg's biggest artery and the one that carries the most blood from the heart to the lower extremities.

That's major. He's listed in critical condition due to the amount of blood loss, no doubt.

I hope I'm wrong but I don't think we'll see Taylor back on the field if the reports are confirmed.

All the reports are preliminary so far so I REALLY hope I'm wrong. I enjoyed watching him play.

Doug_Steele

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2007, 11:16:53 AM »

Fuck that must be agony

That is what i am hearing. It may be over a ex g/f but i still hope that he will come back and play.
D

Butterbean

• Special Guests
  • Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2007, 01:29:44 PM »

"It was clearly a burglary, an armed burglary," Sharpstein said, adding nothing appeared to have been stolen.

???
R

blinky

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2007, 03:27:56 PM »

Fuck that must be agony

yup. man gets shot in the twig n berries......obviously a scorned woman

Geo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #11 on: November 26, 2007, 04:01:21 PM »

Nothing having to deal with him getting shot last night.

actually it does have something to do with him gettin shot,you wanna run around like a "thug lowlife" chances are you're running around WITH other "thug low lifes"

you lay down with dogs and you're gonna get fleas !

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #12 on: November 26, 2007, 04:34:05 PM »
actually it does have something to do with him gettin shot,you wanna run around like a "thug lowlife" chances are you're running around WITH other "thug low lifes"

you lay down with dogs and you're gonna get fleas !

how do you know that was related....antone walker was robbed in his house and he has never been in any off or on court trouble, darrent williams, shot and killed but he wasnt a thug. That last part was unneeded and thats why he dosent talk to the media

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
« Reply #13 on: November 26, 2007, 05:20:28 PM »
Silly assumptions; could've been someone trying to make it look like it was a scorned woman-he'd had a break in a week earlier, anything could've been up.

Redskins' Taylor Responsive After Surgery for Gunshot Wound

MIAMI, Nov. 27 -- Washington Redskins safety Sean Taylor was responsive and squeezed the hand of a doctor tonight, after seven hours of surgery for a gunshot wound suffered at his home early Monday.

"He was responsive to the doctor's requests to squeeze his hands and showed facial expressions. The doctors were very happy about that," Vinny Cerrato, the Redskins vice president of football operations, said in a telephone interview shortly after 7 p.m. "Two doctors came and told us they were excited about that."

Taylor had been described as "non-responsive and unconscious," and doctors were "worried about a possible brain injury" caused by the loss of oxygen to the brain, according to Richard Sharpstein, who has represented Taylor in legal matters in the past. Taylor had flat-lined twice during surgery, a team source said.

Taylor was hospitalized after police received a 1:45 a.m. call from a woman inside Taylor's residence saying that a man had been shot in the affluent suburb of Palmetto Bay, Miami-Dade police officials said. Ambulance crews found the 24-year-old defensive star struck in the lower extremities, Lt. Nancy Perez said.

Taylor was flown to the Ryder Trauma Center of Jackson Memorial Hospital, where he underwent surgery. Perez said police had not yet been able to speak with him to confirm how the shooting occurred.

"It could have been a possible burglary, it could have been a possible robbery. It has not been confirmed as yet," Perez told The Washington Post. She said she could not say how many shots had been fired or whether there were signs of forced entry.

Sharpstein said Taylor's responses Monday night provided "a great ray of sunshine, but we're not out of the woods yet. The doctors are still guarded about the diagnosis. Until he comes to and speaks and recognizes people, they are going to be guarded, but this was obviously a very positive sign and a recognition of a command."

Taylor is in intensive care, Sharpstein said.

Taylor's condition had improved dramatically from earlier in the day. "Right now, he's clinging to life and we're all praying he makes it," Sharpstein had said shortly after 3 p.m.

According to Sharpstein, Taylor was sleeping when he heard a noise in the living room. Taylor reached for some large knife such as a machete that he keeps nearby in case of emergency, and when he encountered the intruder two shots were fired, with one striking his leg.

Police on Monday were interviewing Taylor's fiancee and several other relatives who were in the house to try to determine what precipitated the shooting. It was not immediately clear whether the people were relatives of Taylor or of his girlfriend.

The Associated Press reported that another invasion was reported at Taylor's home eight days ago. According to police records, someone pried open a front window, rifled through his drawers and left a kitchen knife on a bed.

body88

Re: Rip Sean taylor
« Reply #14 on: November 27, 2007, 04:35:14 AM »
Taylor passed away today at 5 am. What a terrible tragedy. RIP Sean. Prayers go out to his family and friends.

Doug_Steele

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: November 27, 2007, 05:00:56 AM »
Damn. I just shead a tear and i still cannot believe this. I thought we would see Taylor back on the field. My prayers go out to his family and friends.
D

K-1

• Getbig IV
  • TEAM NO MERCY!!!
« Reply #16 on: November 27, 2007, 05:57:57 AM »
wow.....very, very sad.

RIP sean.

Condolences to the family.

Sad thing is, they prob won't even find the killer. Still haven't found Pata DL from Miami U killer down here either.

just sad to walk into anyones home (or anywhere) and have it go down like that.

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
  • "Check my soundscan, Check my instagram"
« Reply #17 on: November 27, 2007, 06:03:40 AM »
Miami P.D better get on this quick, they have to narrow it down to black people, cause its a fact it was a black person that did this...

K-1

• Getbig IV
  • TEAM NO MERCY!!!
« Reply #18 on: November 27, 2007, 06:10:55 AM »
Miami P.D better get on this quick, they have to narrow it down to black people, cause its a fact it was a black person that did this...

his dad is like a police captain I believe. From what I've heard his home was just broken into and stuff ravaged through, door kicked in and they left a damn knife on the guys bed like 8 days ago.

still early but that's some crazy stuff. I don't think I would have went back. fk that. He probably couldn't carry a gun because of his past issues...i'm sure they knew that also.

crazy stuff.

Butterbean

• Special Guests
  • Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: November 27, 2007, 06:33:29 AM »
very sad  :(

From what I've heard his home was just broken into and stuff ravaged through, door kicked in and they left a damn knife on the guys bed like 8 days ago.

still early but that's some crazy stuff. I don't think I would have went back. fk that. He probably couldn't carry a gun because of his past issues...i'm sure they knew that also.

crazy stuff.

If this is true seems like he would have turned on his alarm system or installed one if he didn't have one.
R

K-1

• Getbig IV
  • TEAM NO MERCY!!!
« Reply #20 on: November 27, 2007, 07:11:17 AM »
very sad  :(

If this is true seems like he would have turned on his alarm system or installed one if he didn't have one.

I know where is the home alarm installation asap. Plus his dad was in law enforcement so i'm sure advice was given. They also cut the guys phone lines. His fiancee couldn't even call the cops because of that.

wow

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #21 on: November 27, 2007, 07:22:50 AM »
Fuck, He was my favorite Safety by far, I loved his attitude, play on the field the whole 9.

RIP Sean Taylor one of the best.

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: November 27, 2007, 08:24:26 AM »
That kid was one hell of a player. What a devastating loss for his family, teammates, and friends.  :'(

Makes you wonder why he wasn't with his teammates after they left Tampa Bay on Sunday. I read coach Gibbs allowed him to stay behind because of the burglary of his house week prior.

Plus, his dad was a police chief in Florida. Why wouldn't have tried to discourage his son from staying at a house that was burglarized a week ago?? Plus, shouldn't there have been police surveillance since the house was previously broken into? I mean, Taylor was a high profile athlete and is dad works as a police chief in the surrounding area.

Something isn't right with that whole situation.

body88

« Reply #23 on: November 27, 2007, 08:29:28 AM »
That kid was one hell of a player. What a devastating loss for his family, teammates, and friends.  :'(

Makes you wonder why he wasn't with his teammates after they left Tampa Bay on Sunday. I read coach Gibbs allowed him to stay behind because of the burglary of his house week prior.

Plus, his dad was a police chief in Florida. Why wouldn't have tried to discourage his son from staying at a house that was burglarized a week ago?? Plus, shouldn't there have been police surveillance since the house was previously broken into? I mean, Taylor was a high profile athlete and is dad works as a police chief in the surrounding area.

Something isn't right with that whole situation.

He was in Miami getting a second opinion on his knee at the time of the trajedy.

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: November 27, 2007, 08:58:50 AM »
RIP, what a senseless crime. Terrible