Author Topic: Special Ed's Radio Show: Comments  (Read 21958 times)

Pete Nice

• Getbig IV
  • Can't wait until the new DaddyWaddy's come out
Re: rate special heads show!
« Reply #275 on: November 28, 2007, 09:34:25 PM »
Just let daddywaddy on and let him talk for whatever the fuck he wants for 45 minutes straight... i bet it would be more entertaining than any other shit they put on there...

not a bad idea actually
Air Falcon

el duke

• Getbig II
« Reply #276 on: November 28, 2007, 09:35:15 PM »
i agree let daddy gooooo

SS

• Getbig V
  • The new and improved SS.
« Reply #277 on: November 28, 2007, 09:36:46 PM »
I give it a solid 6 but give it time.

el duke

• Getbig II
« Reply #278 on: November 28, 2007, 09:37:03 PM »
the people have spoken...daddy needs his own show.......whatsss upppp niggaaassss, im a reptile from the future, no sleep and ready to lift....

HE might be something special

Spoony Luv

• Getbig IV
  • FROM UP ABOVE!!!
« Reply #279 on: November 28, 2007, 09:39:33 PM »
Special Ed needs to be like a Tom Green or even STern and let callers call in and even rag on Special Ed himself...

Even if he took 20 calls and 17 of them called in just to say Special Ed sux donkey balls...That shit would be funny and Ed would come off much better then he is right now...

Right now to me its comes off like he only likes to hear himself speak...He barely lets the other dude say a word and takes zero calls...

He should do 45 minutes of just calls and 15 minutes of then hearing his own voice speak to stroke his ego and he will then have a hit..

Spoony Luv

• Getbig IV
  • FROM UP ABOVE!!!
« Reply #280 on: November 28, 2007, 09:40:31 PM »
At its present state, i rate it a 1 1/2 and dropping

Spoony Luv

• Getbig IV
  • FROM UP ABOVE!!!
Re: Special Ed's Radio Show: Less Funny Than Pediatric Cancer?
« Reply #281 on: November 28, 2007, 09:52:16 PM »
Another great idea: instead of performing, a singer or comic should just pass his mic around the audience. That way we'd get to hear from every moron in the building! It could grow into something massive! Losers from around the country would show up to shout "Bluto sucks!" into a microphone. pure genius! PM me with other great ideas!!!

apparently you don't listen to Tom Green do you? Forget it ed....You just don't get it...You are trying to do something that is already being done and by people who actually have talent(not saying you don't) but why in the world did you want to call it getbig radio if it really doesn't have much to do with getbig...

Special Ed

• Toms
  • Getbig V
  • Special Ed Forever!
« Reply #282 on: November 28, 2007, 10:28:16 PM »
Special Ed needs to be like a Tom Green or even STern and let callers call in and even rag on Special Ed himself...

Even if he took 20 calls and 17 of them called in just to say Special Ed sux donkey balls...That shit would be funny and Ed would come off much better then he is right now...

Right now to me its comes off like he only likes to hear himself speak...He barely lets the other dude say a word and takes zero calls...

He should do 45 minutes of just calls and 15 minutes of then hearing his own voice speak to stroke his ego and he will then have a hit..
Since you didn't listen to the show, why are you commenting?

We took calls from Alex23, SirWilliamIdol, Cap86, and the Arvillas. Everyone is welcome to call in if they have something to say. It doesn't have to be earthshattering, but I can't think of a DJ who lets someone keep saying "Wasssupp guy" over and over again. Daddy has been asked to call in and speak on his areas of expertise: reptilians, aliens, statutory rape, narcissism, methamphetamines, and penis enlargement.

And Tom Green isn't on the radio here...are u in toronto?
BigNationRadio.com

BEAST 8692

• Getbig IV
« Reply #283 on: November 29, 2007, 06:22:14 AM »
Since you didn't listen to the show, why are you commenting?

We took calls from Alex23, SirWilliamIdol, Cap86, and the Arvillas. Everyone is welcome to call in if they have something to say. It doesn't have to be earthshattering, but I can't think of a DJ who lets someone keep saying "Wasssupp ####" over and over again. Daddy has been asked to call in and speak on his areas of expertise: reptilians, aliens, statutory rape, narcissism, methamphetamines, and penis enlargement.

And Tom Green isn't on the radio here...are u in toronto?

come on Ed, that's a bit harsh. you gave the guy 5 seconds and then cut him, a getbig patriot mind you. :-\

seemed to me like he might have had trouble hearing/understanding you and, perhaps, wasn't sure that you had even acknowledged a fellow getbigger (i sure wasn't). anyway, hey, it's your show Ed, talk about how you'd like to milk laura's titties for all care. i'm one of the ones not listening to it. ;D

nycbull

• Getbig V
  • Team Jay Should Have Won
Re: Special Ed's Radio Show: Comments
« Reply #284 on: November 29, 2007, 08:38:47 AM »
this reminds me of all the critics of Howard Stern that tried to get him banned without even listening to his show, or criticising his book before even reading it. Its just pure hate.  I am not a big fan of that rich bastard pretending he is still blue collar but at least I have listened to his show.

nycbull

• Getbig V
  • Team Jay Should Have Won
« Reply #285 on: November 29, 2007, 09:09:48 AM »
The interviews actually aren't bad, and the call-in segments with actual getbiggers are entertaining, but the "bits" and slapstick stuff aren't funny at all.  It's like he's trying to be David Letterman and failing miserably.  When listening tothe first part of the second show, I actually felt embarrased for him.  He can still save the show by having interesting discussions, controversial guests, funny call-ins with getbiggers, and discussions about things no other show will talk about, but the "bits" have to stop (or else get a lot funnier, but I wouldn't bet the farm on that happening).

I disagree about his 'bits' goatboy. Now I agree the execution of the bits was off but the ideas were good.  Talent is all about the idea. And all of Ed's ideas were good, hogans wife being under water, the alien thing, and the crickets, it was the exectuion that was off and that will come with practice and crafting. All talented people need time to craft their performance skills, but what matters is having good ideas. 

maybe if Ed had a bunch of his buds around to react to what he is doing it would give him sense of timing. It must be hard if your all alone in a room with a sound board.

MindSpin

• Getbig V
  • MMA > Boxing
« Reply #286 on: November 29, 2007, 02:34:42 PM »
Ed needs a hot fitness skank to laugh at all of "bits".  Kinda like a Robin on Stern, but actually hot...
w

Spoony Luv

• Getbig IV
  • FROM UP ABOVE!!!
« Reply #287 on: November 29, 2007, 03:47:44 PM »
Tom Green.com

Matt C

• Getbig V
  • The White Vince Goodrum
« Reply #288 on: November 29, 2007, 08:45:05 PM »
Hey, at least Special Ed's program is getting some attention!  Like Michael Richards' comedy act on negroes.  He's getting about as much positive attention as George Bush's foreign policy.  Discuss.
Bodybuilding Pro.com

Spoony Luv

• Getbig IV
  • FROM UP ABOVE!!!
« Reply #289 on: November 29, 2007, 08:52:43 PM »
whats a show like Ed's cost to put out on the web?  Anyone know?

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Time-Out in Dubai, India with Swampi the Cocksmith
« Reply #290 on: November 29, 2007, 09:09:30 PM »
whats a show like Ed's cost to put out on the web?  Anyone know?

Next to nothing.  That's the great thing about technology these days...  any idiot can grab a mic and "broadcast himself".  :-\
Ron: "I am lazy."

windsor88

• Getbig IV
  • Victim of the Drug War
« Reply #291 on: November 29, 2007, 10:29:08 PM »

but I can't think of a DJ who lets someone keep saying "Wasssupp ####" over and over again. Daddy has been asked to call in and speak on his areas of expertise: reptilians, aliens, statutory rape, narcissism, methamphetamines, and penis enlargement.

Correct Ed.  Dead air kills and there were way too many callers creating dead air.  5 seconds is a lifetime when it comes to radio and then you have 3 or 4 back to back like that it fucking kills momentum.  You'll get it lined out.  ;D

Matt C

• Getbig V
  • The White Vince Goodrum
« Reply #292 on: November 29, 2007, 10:33:47 PM »
I like that dude who called in:

"Hey my NIG*ERS!!!  My NIG*ERS!!!  What the FUCK is up my..."

*Ed disconnects*

LOL!!!!!!!!
Bodybuilding Pro.com

Spoony Luv

• Getbig IV
  • FROM UP ABOVE!!!
« Reply #293 on: November 30, 2007, 12:42:08 AM »
Correct Ed.  Dead air kills and there were way too many callers creating dead air.  5 seconds is a lifetime when it comes to radio and then you have 3 or 4 back to back like that it fucking kills momentum.  You'll get it lined out.  ;D

ahh no..

You start a story and don't finish it and take calls that have nothing to do with the story...When you hang up you make a crack about the caller and go on about the story...Stern and the best of them do that all the time...

windsor88

• Getbig IV
  • Victim of the Drug War
« Reply #294 on: November 30, 2007, 12:54:18 AM »

ahh no..

You start a story and don't finish it and take calls that have nothing to do with the story...When you hang up you make a crack about the caller and go on about the story...Stern and the best of them do that all the time...

::)  another gimmick.

Let me guess you are a BIGTIME radio guy?

Spoony Luv

• Getbig IV
  • FROM UP ABOVE!!!
« Reply #295 on: November 30, 2007, 01:03:17 AM »
::)  another gimmick.

Let me guess you are a BIGTIME radio guy?

bro his only fan base comes from this site...Most want a ton of calls...He isn't giving the fans what they want...

I think the guy actually believes that he can be on par with the PBW...Thats silly..

He should give the fans what they want and then move from there...The show is boring as hell and it doesn't have to be...Its like he is not trying to piss to many people off....

Are you fucking kidding me with the Hulk interview? Arnz interview was OK but he could have pressed the guy a bit...Your brought up on conspiracy because the feds fucking have someone that is doing some serious talking...It doesn't just go away because you haven't heard from them in awhile...They probably got wire taps on the guy and everything else under the sun...And it will all be used against him...

Rhino buried Arnz on here awhile back and nothing brought up about that...

windsor88

• Getbig IV
  • Victim of the Drug War
« Reply #296 on: November 30, 2007, 01:59:32 AM »
I think the show sucks and in reality it can't go on the way it has.  Like you said it is mainly for getbig but it gets bashed here bigtime. So it is dead in it's current state now.  I would pre record and make a podcast that way editing can be done to make the flow better.  Going live is cool but not the way it is now.
But yeah,  emulate the greats like stern and you will build an audience.  Why try to reinvent the wheel?