Author Topic: What are your favorite supersets?  (Read 10827 times)

Luv2Hurt

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
Re: What are your favorite supersets?
« Reply #25 on: December 04, 2007, 08:28:49 PM »
Hey Luv,

Im training legs today u have any good supersets for me to do????

Man i havent done too many leg supers lately.  But they Kick, last one I remember doing was squats followed by hacksquats, light pumping hacks I think I had a plate or so on each side but after the squat set you dont need much.  Good thing is you are in a machine and you can just concentrate on the pushing so if you make a mistake you probally wont get hurt, its nice and safe. 

Leg presses and front squat might be a good one too.  I dont really care for the front squat but after the leg press all you will need is light weights and i guess they are OK for that.

flexingtonsteele

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The new age pussy Punisher!
« Reply #26 on: December 04, 2007, 11:27:49 PM »
Man i havent done too many leg supers lately.  But they Kick, last one I remember doing was squats followed by hacksquats, light pumping hacks I think I had a plate or so on each side but after the squat set you dont need much.  Good thing is you are in a machine and you can just concentrate on the pushing so if you make a mistake you probally wont get hurt, its nice and safe. 

Leg presses and front squat might be a good one too.  I dont really care for the front squat but after the leg press all you will need is light weights and i guess they are OK for that.
this si what i ended up doing bro

This is what i ended up doing 2nite for quads

Tri set ( 3 sets of 15 reps per exercise)
30 sec rest between tri sets and no rest between exercises

Close feet leg press
Machine Squat
Sissy Squat

Then I rest one minute and did this superset
Standing calf raises 3x15
Lunges 3x15 ( split squat, lunges, and reverse lunge)

Thats it about 20 minutes and i got a great pump, and worked hard. 

Luv2Hurt

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: December 05, 2007, 04:33:54 AM »
this si what i ended up doing bro

This is what i ended up doing 2nite for quads

Tri set ( 3 sets of 15 reps per exercise)
30 sec rest between tri sets and no rest between exercises

Close feet leg press
Machine Squat
Sissy Squat

Then I rest one minute and did this superset
Standing calf raises 3x15
Lunges 3x15 ( split squat, lunges, and reverse lunge)

Thats it about 20 minutes and i got a great pump, and worked hard. 

Damn that looks great.  Thats what it is all about on legs....working hard.  Just this last leg workout I did I was doing my second top set on the flex leg press.  Well around 8 reps my mind got weak and I wanted to stop and almost did, but I just dug down and stayed with it for 5 more reps!  It all begins and ends in the head.

flexingtonsteele

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The new age pussy Punisher!
« Reply #28 on: December 05, 2007, 07:48:44 PM »
Damn that looks great.  Thats what it is all about on legs....working hard.  Just this last leg workout I did I was doing my second top set on the flex leg press.  Well around 8 reps my mind got weak and I wanted to stop and almost did, but I just dug down and stayed with it for 5 more reps!  It all begins and ends in the head.

dude ur totally right about it all being in your head. Ive found myself stopping where I know that I could have gotten a few more reps. and it really pisses me off, so ive really began to try to push myself that extra inch, because I believe in the long run that really makes a difference.

Ive been training for about 12 years now, so im not getting stronger every workout, but if i give that xtra push, ill get those gains a lot faster.

just my 2 cents