Author Topic: 2008 Ironman pro tickets  (Read 563 times)

HowieW

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
2008 Ironman pro tickets
« on: November 27, 2007, 04:37:29 PM »
the LA fit expo site keeps saying "info comming soon" ???I got my arnold tickets weeks ago.
I am not booking the trip unless I have tickets, any help/info would be welcome, thanks
Kelly Ryan married well!  Free Titus!

Lift Studios

• Getbig V
  • http://www.liftstudios.com
Re: 2008 Ironman pro tickets
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2007, 05:20:59 PM »
Tickets go on sale the second week of December.

Elevate Your Image.™

timfogarty

• Getbig V
  • @fogartyTim on twitter
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2007, 06:23:26 PM »
last year the theater was half empty.  and while this year it is in a smaller venue, it's very unlikely to sell out.

now if they would advertise locally, such as in the LA Weekly, and Frontiers (the gay weekly), or pay someone $5/hour to stand outside of hardcore gyms handing out fliers, they could sell out.   but they (like all the pro contests) prefer to advertise nationally in the bb mags, and forget that most of the people buying tickets will be from within 30 miles of the venue.

Matt C

• Getbig V
  • The White Vince Goodrum
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2007, 06:41:22 PM »
last year the theater was half empty.  and while this year it is in a smaller venue, it's very unlikely to sell out.

now if they would advertise locally, such as in the LA Weekly, and Frontiers (the gay weekly), or pay someone $5/hour to stand outside of hardcore gyms handing out fliers, they could sell out.   but they (like all the pro contests) prefer to advertise nationally in the bb mags.

Not everyone is as smart as you though, Tim.  I find that a lot of people who have money simply came from money and will always have money.  For example, any idiot can run a turnkey business which will be profitable all by itself with no extra work required.

I find a lot of local businesses where I'm from are ran by people who have no clue how to maximize the profitability of them.  If say for instance, Ryan Deluca of bodybuilding.com was in charge of promoting the 2008 Ironman, I'm sure it would be far more successful.
Bodybuilding Pro.com