Author Topic: GB v. Dallas  (Read 3586 times)

Decker

• Getbig V
GB v. Dallas
« on: November 28, 2007, 10:51:53 AM »
I am a GB fan and I want them to win.  Which one do you think will take the game?  I think the line is Dallas 7.

Historically, this is the type of game Brett throws 5 picks in and loses.  He's never won in Dallas.  But this year is not like any other for GB.  The passing attack is nearly unstoppable.  Ryan Grant is running for over 100 yds a game (he resembles Terrell Davis in his running style).  The defense is very good along the line and at the corners.  GB, over the last 2 years, has had some troubles with 3-4 defenses.

I get the feeling that the Dallas tight end will have 10 or so catches.  I don't think Dallas will run the ball well.

If I were to pick the game on intangibles (can't win in Big D or the like), I'd say Dallas 29-20.  But this year isn't about intangibles so I'm going GB 38 Dallas 24.

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
Re: GB v. Dallas
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2007, 10:52:52 AM »
I am a GB fan and I want them to win.  Which one do you think will take the game?  I think the line is Dallas 7.

Historically, this is the type of game Brett throws 5 picks in and loses.  He's never won in Dallas.  But this year is not like any other for GB.  The passing attack is nearly unstoppable.  Ryan Grant is running for over 100 yds a game (he resembles Terrell Davis in his running style).  The defense is very good along the line and at the corners.  GB, over the last 2 years, has had some troubles with 3-4 defenses.

I get the feeling that the Dallas tight end will have 10 or so catches.  I don't think Dallas will run the ball well.

If I were to pick the game on intangibles (can't win in Big D or the like), I'd say Dallas 29-20.  But this year isn't about intangibles so I'm going GB 38 Dallas 24.

Green Bay and ill tell you why...ROY WILLIAMS CANT COVER

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2007, 10:56:53 AM »
Green Bay and ill tell you why...ROY WILLIAMS CANT COVER
Doesn't the coach take Williams out on obvious passing situations?   I thought Williams was a very good player.  I can't believe he's that bad in coverage.

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2007, 11:02:12 AM »
Doesn't the coach take Williams out on obvious passing situations?   I thought Williams was a very good player.  I can't believe he's that bad in coverage.

oh lord is he ever....he is great in vanilla packages and run support...cant cover the packers WR's. Also...GB Passes about 75% of the time....so thats a lot of time to have Williams out...The only safety that could do it all was sean taylor... Ed Reed is good but he isnt a monster in run support like Taylor was

body88

« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2007, 11:10:24 AM »
Williams is a dirty horse tackling sob.

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2007, 11:14:33 AM »

he cant seem to control that huh....But when you get a certian way of takling it sticks with you and hard to break...when in college i suffered a total of 6 Concussions because of my style of tackling (leading with the crown of helmet). I wanted to change so bad...and i did once, i formed tackled with my shoulder and got trucked and a stinger...so i went back to hitting with my head....

body88

« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2007, 11:31:16 AM »
he cant seem to control that huh....But when you get a certian way of takling it sticks with you and hard to break...when in college i suffered a total of 6 Concussions because of my style of tackling (leading with the crown of helmet). I wanted to change so bad...and i did once, i formed tackled with my shoulder and got trucked and a stinger...so i went back to hitting with my head....

I know what you are saying. But Williams is a dirty bastard. Horse collers do nothing but hurt players , and he knows that.

CARTEL

• Getbig V
  • Have a good time, all the time.
« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2007, 05:19:03 PM »

He sure is. I bet he reminds you of Harrison.

That's why I like them both. Takes me back to a time when football was a mans sport.

Most safetys are terrible at coverage. Especially against the tightends of today. Even the corners can't cover Gates, Whitten, etc.

body88

« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2007, 12:07:06 PM »
I see what you are saying. The thing that gets me about Roy is the horse collers. Thats the only thing that bothers me about his game.

body88

« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2007, 12:10:57 PM »
Marion Barber could be the factor in this game. Barber can pound the rock allowing the cowboys to play a more clock control then the packers. If Dallas did not have a O that could stay in a shootout I would pick GB all day.

The packers can run the ball at times , but they are still the worst rushing team in the NFL.

The packers receivers will be very hard to cover , but so wont the cowboys. The boys can hang with the pack in a shootout  and they can pound the ball much more effective with Barber.

I see the boys winning this in a close one.

The pack is going to have to double TO. The question is if they are trying to prevent the big play. Contain Whitton, Romo Crayton and T.O , what are they going to do about Barber? That guy is a machine. He does not go down.

Green bay will present the same problems to the boys with there wr's.  BUT Barber and the Dallas running game is  better then the packers running game. Having watched Barber run , he is a total beast.

This game is a toss up. If you forced me to pick I go Dallas by 3 points. Although Green bay is a awesome team. So hard to pick.

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2007, 01:29:55 PM »
Takes me back to a time when football was a mans sport.

Those guys with the long hair hanging outside their helmets...it's legal to tackle them by the hair, correct? 

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: November 29, 2007, 01:57:42 PM »
Those guys with the long hair hanging outside their helmets...it's legal to tackle them by the hair, correct? 

yes.

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
  • I can spot crazy pussy....
« Reply #12 on: November 29, 2007, 01:58:42 PM »
I would think that if you have long enough hair for someone to grab, then it shouldn't be illegal to pull a runner down by the hair.

If I recall, Troy Palomalo had his hair yanked and he was brought down by Larry Johnson(chiefs) on a interception. I don't think a flag was thrown.

Why should that be a penalty? If it means saving a game winning touchdown, then outside of a horse collar tackle, it should be legal.

body88

« Reply #13 on: November 29, 2007, 02:00:24 PM »
If a guy wants hair down to his ass then its fair game. The problem with Horse collar tackles is the way the player falls. Almost always leads to a foot or leg injury.

If you cant make the tackle you cant make the tackle. Horse collars are Busch league.

Cap

• Getbig V
  • Trueprotein.com 5% discount code= CSP111
« Reply #14 on: November 29, 2007, 02:03:55 PM »
If a guy wants hair down to his ass then its fair game. The problem with Horse collar tackles is the way the player falls. Almost always leads to a foot or leg injury.

If you cant make the tackle you cant make the tackle. Horse collars are Busch league.
  Does the NCAA outlaw it?  I've seen quick a few live ones this season and they are rough to watch.  Fun to do I'm guessing and useful to save a play but I wouldn't want to intentionally injure anyone but a QB.   ;D  I was praying when we played Oregon that we would get Dixon, which we did eventually.  Nothing permanent but out for the season.   ;D  I idolize guys like Romo who fuck people up.
Squishy face retard

body88

« Reply #15 on: November 29, 2007, 03:04:17 PM »
  Does the NCAA outlaw it?  I've seen quick a few live ones this season and they are rough to watch.  Fun to do I'm guessing and useful to save a play but I wouldn't want to intentionally injure anyone but a QB.   ;D  I was praying when we played Oregon that we would get Dixon, which we did eventually.  Nothing permanent but out for the season.   ;D  I idolize guys like Romo who fuck people up.

Wishing injury on players is Busch league imo ( no offense). Conceding the only way you can win is if a team is at a disadvantage is not my thing.

How does Romo fuck people up? I was talking about Roy Williams. You talking about Romonowski?

I have no problem with players who "fuck people up" with clean hard hits. Romo was a dirty player. There is a difference imo.

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
  • I can spot crazy pussy....
« Reply #16 on: November 29, 2007, 03:28:05 PM »
Romanoski was the kind of player you hated playing against but loved if he was your teammate.

16 years in the league. Four Super Bowl rings. 2 time All-pro. Never missed a fucking game in his career.

And most importantly......white boy!

Simply Bad ass.

Cap

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: November 29, 2007, 03:43:26 PM »
Wishing injury on players is Busch league imo ( no offense). Conceding the only way you can win is if a team is at a disadvantage is not my thing.

How does Romo fuck people up? I was talking about Roy Williams. You talking about Romonowski?

I have no problem with players who "fuck people up" with clean hard hits. Romo was a dirty player. There is a difference imo.
Romonowski, yes.  Playing against Oregon, yes I definitely wished Dixon injury which is what happened.  I don't want his career ended but just a game or two.  When a team is centered around a player, the way it was with Dixon, you eliminate your biggest threat.  I know what you mean but if I played LB I would hit the QB as much as humanly possible, even if it drew a flag or two.  You'd be surprised at the number of coaches that are okay with that and players as well. 
Squishy face retard

body88

« Reply #18 on: November 29, 2007, 04:12:21 PM »
Romonowski, yes.  Playing against Oregon, yes I definitely wished Dixon injury which is what happened.  I don't want his career ended but just a game or two.  When a team is centered around a player, the way it was with Dixon, you eliminate your biggest threat.  I know what you mean but if I played LB I would hit the QB as much as humanly possible, even if it drew a flag or two.  You'd be surprised at the number of coaches that are okay with that and players as well. 

Im not saying it is not an accepted tactic.. You are right , deep down it is. No one admits it , but its true. For me I want to face a team with as many starters as possible. The if we had (insert) player excuse is cheap IMO.

I see what you are saying though. Would you have felt better if Oregon was defeated WITH there best player? I would. Thats just me though  ;)

blinky

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: November 29, 2007, 05:11:11 PM »
I would think that if you have long enough hair for someone to grab, then it shouldn't be illegal to pull a runner down by the hair.

If I recall, Troy Palomalo had his hair yanked and he was brought down by Larry Johnson(chiefs) on a interception. I don't think a flag was thrown.

Why should that be a penalty? If it means saving a game winning touchdown, then outside of a horse collar tackle, it should be legal.

i remember seeing that game and no a penalty wasnt called.
actually i think a link of it was posted here cause someone was crying that it should have been a penalty.

if you have hair that long and its hanging out, to me its just like part of the uniform. grab it and pull him down

on ya and i hope GB wins. i like favre and hate dallas

Cap

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: November 29, 2007, 05:13:59 PM »
Im not saying it is not an accepted tactic.. You are right , deep down it is. No one admits it , but its true. For me I want to face a team with as many starters as possible. The if we had (insert) player excuse is cheap IMO.

I see what you are saying though. Would you have felt better if Oregon was defeated WITH there best player? I would. Thats just me though  ;)
Yes, definitely.  I'm unimpressed with him, as I am with other running QBs.  He can run and teams can't defend a Dixon-run offense, but I think that says more about teams not adjusting than the Oregon talent.
Squishy face retard

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #21 on: November 29, 2007, 08:39:02 PM »
I am a GB fan and I want them to win. 

:'( :'( :'( :'( :'(
:

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
« Reply #22 on: November 30, 2007, 12:59:31 AM »
Marion Barber could be the factor in this game. Barber can pound the rock allowing the cowboys to play a more clock control then the packers.

Barber's one of the top backs in the league yet neither Parcells or this coaching staff has the wisdom to make him the full-time starter. Jones' average is significantly lower both this year and last, and he's not as evasive or physical, yet they continue to allow him to split time with Barber.

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
« Reply #23 on: November 30, 2007, 01:01:22 AM »

NFL fans who missed the Cowboys' 37-27 shootout win on Thursday night really missed something. It was a big-play-strewn and wildly entertaining game that had a little bit of everything -- including an injury that knocked the indestructible Brett Favre from the field in the first half.

If you thought the simmering debate between the league and big cable was getting heated before this one, you ain't seen nothing yet. Look for public opinion to really mount on behalf of whatever it takes to get the network's games televised to a wider audience than 30 percent or so of the nation's cable households.

• Aaron Rodgers, Aaron Rodgers, ... oh, yeah, I remember that guy. Went to Cal? Taken high in the draft -- but not as high as he expected -- a few years back? Yeah. I wondered whatever happened to him. Who knew he was with Green Bay?

• After Rodgers threw his first career touchdown pass late in the first half, all I could think of was: Quarterback controversy in Green Bay? Who's with me on this one? Anyone?

• Brett Favre has been turning back the clock all season. But this time, unfortunately for Green Bay, he turned it back to 2005, when he was just out there under heavy pressure and heaving the ball around -- far too often to the wrong color jersey.

Surprisingly, it was Favre who played a little out of control Thursday night, like you'd expect from a younger quarterback in a big-game setting. Then again, Favre was getting hammered pretty regularly by the Cowboys pass rush at the time. That had more than a little something to do with it.

Favre was just 5 of 14 for 56 yards, with two interceptions and a ghastly 8.9 quarterback rating when he was knocked from the game midway through the second quarter with a right forearm/elbow injury.

• You have to give the Cowboys credit for following their game plan perfectly against Favre, consistently pressuring him into mistakes and poor throws. The speed of the Dallas front seven was more than Favre could handle; but did you notice how the tide turned when the younger Rodgers entered the game and started making a few plays outside of the pocket and rolling to his right? Suddenly the Cowboys defense looked a step slow and the Packers started to generate some offensive rhythm for the first time all night.

Rodgers has been the butt of plenty of jokes in his three seasons of backing up Favre, but I'll say this much for him: He was ready for his close-up when the Packers needed to turn to him in a big game. That's all you can ask of your No. 2.

• Are we really ready to remember Cowboys reserve cornerback Nathan Jones as the guy who broke the streak, and called a halt to one of the greatest accomplishments in sports -- Favre's 269 consecutive starts (including playoffs)? That's what we're facing if Favre doesn't return to start Green Bay's Dec. 9 home game against Oakland.

• Come to think of it, why does it always seem like whenever Favre does get injured, he has a few extra days to rehabilitate his ailment before the Packers' next game? That's where a Thursday night game comes in extremely handy for Green Bay.

• I can't be positive, but I do believe I saw Terrell Owens try to bobble away homefield advantage in this season's NFC title game in the fourth quarter. That's how big his drop of a sure-fire touchdown-turned-Al-Harris-interception could have been. You dodged a big pair of goat horns that time, T.O.

• But if you're going to blame Owens, you have to praise him, too. His seven-catch, 156-yard, one-touchdown showing was hugely important to the Cowboys' win. Drops and all.

• Fourth-and-2 from the Packers' 31 and the Cowboys give it to Julius Jones instead of battering ram Marion Barber? Somebody find out exactly what offensive coordinator Jason Garrett was thinking.

I wouldn't take Barber off the field if I were the Cowboys. Ever. The guy dishes out more punishment on a typical run than most NFL linebackers do all game.

body88

« Reply #24 on: November 30, 2007, 04:26:25 AM »
Barber's one of the top backs in the league yet neither Parcells or this coaching staff has the wisdom to make him the full-time starter. Jones' average is significantly lower both this year and last, and he's not as evasive or physical, yet they continue to allow him to split time with Barber.

He ran with Maroney at minn. The back is awesome. A total pounder who just does not go down. The way he ran vs NE at the start of the year was impressive.

Gb is a good team , but Dallas is on another level. NE , Indy and Dallas are on another level.