Author Topic: Are we safer...  (Read 4013 times)

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
Are we safer...
« on: November 28, 2007, 03:46:33 PM »
Make sure to look Benfun's thread on the Violent Radicalization and Homegrown Terrorism Prevention Act of 2007

Ask why we're doing these things and in your address of the issue, make sure to consider these numbers...

Number of “terrorism or terrorism-related”
convictions and guilty pleas (with
an international connection) claimed by
the Justice Department as of June
2006 ........................ ........................ ...... 261

Number of those cases actually involving
attempted terrorist activity ..................... 2

Minimum number of foreign nationals
preventively detained in anti-terrorism
initiatives in the U.S. in the first two years
after 9/11 ........................ ...................... 5,191

Number of those convicted of terrorist
crimes today ........................ ....................... 0

Number of U.S. foreign residents who
complied with domestic registration
program targeting immigrants from Arab
and Muslim countries .................... 83,519

Number of those convicted of terrorist
crimes today  ........................ ...................... 0

Number of foreign nationals the Justice
Department claims to have deported
in connection with 9/11
investigations ........................ ............. > 515

Number of those deemed to be connected
to terrorism ........................ ...................... 0

Number of Al Qaeda cells discovered in
the U.S. since 9/11 1 1....................... ............ 0

Number of people detained at Guantanamo
since Jan. 2002  ........................ ................ 775

Number of detainees released  ............. 470

Number of detainees tried for any
crimes  ........................ ........................ ............ 0
(I thought there was 1?)

Number of people estimated to have been
detained in CIA “black sites” — secret prisons
outside the U.S.  ........................ ....> 100

Number of those detained who have been
charged or convicted of any crime  .......... 0

Number of terrorist attacks worldwide:
2001 (1,732)
2005 (4,995)
2006 (6,659)

Eyeball Chambers

• Getbig V
  • Would you hold still? You're making me fuck up...
Re: Are we safer...
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2007, 04:30:35 PM »
AAAMMMAAAZZZIIINNNGGG!!!!!!!!!  >:(
S

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2007, 09:31:45 AM »

Number of Al Qaeda cells discovered in
the U.S. since 9/11 1 1....................... ............ 0

This is a good thing.  Perhaps we have been preventing them from forming cells in the U.S. since 911? 

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2007, 09:49:07 AM »
Maybe the threat wasn't as bad as we scared ourselves into believing to begin with.

Maybe, the work we did in Afghanistan effectively diminished Al Queda from doing anything outside the middle east.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2007, 10:04:47 AM »
Or maybe it was never significantly there to begin with  ;)

Pt. 1 http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=881321004838285177&q

Pt. 2 http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=4602171665328041876

Pt. 3 http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=2081592330319789254

(No I don't expect anyone will watch, I just post for the bizzare 1% or less that actually might.)

MB_722

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith
« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2007, 10:08:47 AM »
Or maybe it was never significantly there to begin with  ;)

Pt. 1 http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=881321004838285177&q

Pt. 2 http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=4602171665328041876

Pt. 3 http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=2081592330319789254

(No I don't expect anyone will watch, I just post for the bizzare 1% or less that actually might.)

I remember seeing this awhile ago. If anyone hasn't seen this watch it :D

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2007, 10:14:04 AM »
Maybe the threat wasn't as bad as we scared ourselves into believing to begin with.

Maybe, the work we did in Afghanistan effectively diminished Al Queda from doing anything outside the middle east.

Yes.  Could be either one. 

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2007, 10:16:06 AM »

But just this July we were being told this...

"They are showing greater and greater ability to plan attacks in Europe and the United States."
WASHINGTON – U.S. intelligence analysts have concluded al-Qaida has rebuilt its operating capability to a level not seen since just before the Sept. 11 terrorist attacks, The Associated Press has learned. The conclusion suggests that the group that launched the most devastating terror attack on the United States has been able to regroup along the Afghan-Pakistani border despite nearly six years of bombings, war and other tactics aimed at crippling it.

And lets not forget the depiction of the group we were given right after 9/11...  All over the media and from everyone in the admin, this was and international network with cells of boogimen everywhere...  laying in wait, in the US and other western nations ready to strike...  uh huh... The numbers above don't really show that this threat existed at this level... ever...

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2007, 10:26:01 AM »
But just this July we were being told this...

"They are showing greater and greater ability to plan attacks in Europe and the United States."
WASHINGTON – U.S. intelligence analysts have concluded al-Qaida has rebuilt its operating capability to a level not seen since just before the Sept. 11 terrorist attacks, The Associated Press has learned. The conclusion suggests that the group that launched the most devastating terror attack on the United States has been able to regroup along the Afghan-Pakistani border despite nearly six years of bombings, war and other tactics aimed at crippling it.

And lets not forget the depiction of the group we were given right after 9/11...  All over the media and from everyone in the admin, this was and international network with cells of boogimen everywhere...  laying in wait, in the US and other western nations ready to strike...  uh huh... The numbers above don't really show that this threat existed at this level... ever...

Who says there isn't propaganda in the USA?   ;D

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #11 on: November 29, 2007, 10:30:34 AM »
This is a good thing.  Perhaps we have been preventing them from forming cells in the U.S. since 911? 

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Stops to catch breath

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: November 29, 2007, 10:33:57 AM »
Who says there isn't propaganda in the USA?   ;D
ding ding ding... now for what ultimate purpose must be asked...

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: November 29, 2007, 10:38:45 AM »
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
But maybe he's right :D  It's really conceivable... I mean illegals come across at free will and set up in every state... Clearly we are positioned to catch a well funded group sending members into America... makes total sense to me--not...

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: November 29, 2007, 10:41:54 AM »
http://standeyo.com/News_Files/NBC/Terrorist_cells.html

http://www.esuhistoryprof.com/islamic_terrorist_cells.htm

BWAAAAHAHA!!! I just spit coffee everywhere!  thanks for the comedy map ::)  Unfortunately there's nothing in reality to base that map on.

Good to see there's an Al Qaeda regional office in Denver, I can pop in and ask them what the hell they think they're doing :D  Listen extremist facist pig, I have some questions for you ;D

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #16 on: November 29, 2007, 10:43:57 AM »
But maybe he's right :D  It's really conceivable... I mean illegals come across at free will and set up in every state... Clearly we are positioned to catch a well funded group sending members into America... makes total sense to me--not...

LOL.. ;D....this shit is amost comical...

JBGRAY

• Getbig IV
« Reply #17 on: November 29, 2007, 11:38:01 AM »
The propoganda is very real, and very frightening.  A quote I will always remember is "Fascism comes in the form of anti-fascism."  This isn't just propoganda spewed from the Neo-Cons and Corporatists.  Take a look at particularily the student body of various universities.  People will knee-jerkingly react to certain things in often an angry and hostile manner.  It's easy to criticize the current administration and corporations.  Why?  Because there is generally consensual agreement amongst all parties...it's big business.  Look at guys like Mike Malloy, Alan Colmes, Stephanie Miller, etc....that's the core of their shows...because only the perceived nuttiest could possibly disagree along those principles.  It makes good business sense to openly criticize and attack something where there is general agreement. 

Look at Alex Jones for instance.  I use his stuff as a resource, but not as a singular primary source.  Find anything, anywhere, where he criticizes anything Jewish.  There aren't many people out there who would expressively define what makes up a Neo-Con and the background of such people who belong in that group......primarily, Zionist Jews(secular and non-secular alike) and Evangelical Christians.  This is a topic that is angrily discouraged from being brought up.  While at my university, I brought it up during a free discussion(we were discussing world politics and the like) just to see what the reaction would be.  Sure enough, it was angrily refuted and I was denounced as a racist anti-semite.   My statements were angrily refuted, but for the most part, there was nothing but gasps and mutters of racism.

However, that is not entirely the point.  That was just an example.  To find where the propaganda is coming from and what exactly it is affecting, you need to find the newly labeled "hot topics."  Topics that most people do not want to calmly and rationally discuss.  I don't think what is being discussed here can entirely be called propaganda in its truest form.  Too many people know the score and that the administration is full of shit.  Like Berzerker said, it's comical.  Most folks don't take these Terrorist warnings seriously(though enough to make it work at least well enough). 

In all likelyhood, folks don't really give a rats ass about what the administration and the corporations do because there is an SUV to pay off, the line of credit got extended on their credit cards, the malls are open, mortgages have to be paid.  Unless you take one or more of these away, the American people won't do anything to force a change.

Eyeball Chambers

• Getbig V
  • Would you hold still? You're making me fuck up...
« Reply #18 on: November 29, 2007, 12:11:48 PM »
Good to see there's an Al Qaeda regional office in Denver, I can pop in and ask them what the hell they think they're doing :D  Listen extremist facist pig, I have some questions for you ;D

AHAHAHAHAHAH
S

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #19 on: November 29, 2007, 02:15:29 PM »

"we".

Interesting word.

Who do you think did the most to scare Americans over the last 6 years?

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #20 on: November 29, 2007, 03:06:50 PM »
"we".

Interesting word.

homeland security
secutiry code orange

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: November 29, 2007, 03:20:43 PM »
"we".

Interesting word.

Who?  We did.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #22 on: November 29, 2007, 03:30:04 PM »
Who?  We did.

No.  The White House did.

Google video "nexus of politics and terror".

Watch olbermann point out 18 incidents of terror announcements one day after news bad for repub party happened.   

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: November 29, 2007, 03:34:21 PM »
No.  The White House did.

Google video "nexus of politics and terror".

Watch olbermann point out 18 incidents of terror announcements one day after news bad for repub party happened.   

I don't disagree, but "we" (the American people) were willing participants and the networks  help

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: November 29, 2007, 03:45:58 PM »
I don't disagree, but "we" (the American people) were willing participants and the networks  help
Don't count me in on that number, I'm proud to say I never bought into the bullshit...  Very early on I started asking WTF.  As soon as the president said, "they hate us for our freedoms" I said oh hell, here we go and sure as shit everything stunk right off the bat...  The networks and the whitehouse are directly responsible for many who did buy into it so it's not like you can even define them as willing, more like "lied to"  It's pretty hard for people to make the right choice when all the input is 98% bullshit.