Author Topic: Shawn Ray VS Lee Priest  (Read 14892 times)

Meso_z

• Getbig V
Shawn Ray VS Lee Priest
« on: November 29, 2007, 05:17:11 AM »
Theres something going on at MD.... Shawn seems like a true asshole while Lee is trying to get a simple answer from the ifbb, not from messengers.

So, lets see this "battle" from a different aspect.

Lee is still in shape while Shawn is a donnut lover.......who was better during their competitive years????

Post pics!

Figo

• Getbig V
Re: Shawn Ray VS Lee Priest
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2007, 06:29:08 AM »
Both great.

Ray was the more complete bber, whilst Priest is a freak.

Both have their place in bbing, and are great champs and bizmen.

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2007, 06:38:40 AM »
Who the hell cares what’s going on at MD?  People who do can read their forums.  I’ll stick with getbig.

As for the better bodybuilder, I want to give the edge to Shawn... but it’s very close.  Lee attained new levels of conditioning in the 2000s.  I didn’t think he could do that but he did.  If you can look past his attitude and his ink, he’s a pretty awesome bodybuilder.  Alas, a bulb often burns its brightest just before it goes out.  :-\

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2007, 07:00:25 AM »
Hmmm, that is a tough question. If we go with symmetry and proportion, I have to give it to Shawn. As for being a genetic freak, definitely goes to Lee. If you go by placings, then it is obviously Shawn. Though, we all know the IFBB, dare say it, corrupted!!!
X

BEAST 8692

• Getbig IV
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2007, 07:23:26 AM »
honestly, i think shawn is just taking the piss.

priest, imo, perhaps takes himself a little too seriously at times. don't get me wrong, he was a great bber, but the guy has been doing far more talking than walking lately.

all that rebellious stuff was great when he was bringing it, but now it just sounds like noise. he has been given opportunities to get back in but i honestly think he doesn't really want back in. he's just whoring for attention and it's getting...stale. :-\

if he actually did want to be a factor he'd get his ass in the gym and focus on working (and supplementing) harder than ever before instead of arguing with retired bbers on message boards.

thing is, you can see that lee is getting all caught up in this shit (short man's syndrome perhaps?) while shawn is just having fun (and getting paid at the same time).

no one is going to win an argument with ray on a message board. guy's got a much thicker skin than priest and doesn't wear his heart on his sleeve. ray will eventually sap lee of his energy and leave him too empty to even give a fuck about training.

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
  • sometimes you get the elevator, somtimes the shaft
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2007, 08:31:46 AM »
Theres something going on at MD.... Shawn seems like a true asshole while Lee is trying to get a simple answer from the ifbb, not from messengers.

So, lets see this "battle" from a different aspect.

Lee is still in shape while Shawn is a donnut lover.......who was better during their competitive years????

Post pics!

Lee got a simple answer from the IFBB...it was NO.

If they wanted to give a time frame, they would have...I tried extending help to Lee...he doesn't seem interested in following the proper steps in gaining enrtry back into the IFBB.

Andre Nickatina

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2007, 08:34:44 AM »

If they wanted to give a time frame, they would have...I tried extending help to Lee...he doesn't seem interested in following the proper steps in gaining enrtry back into the IFBB.
Give the fans Priest, THEY LOVE PRIEST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  >:(

Rearden Metal

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Honey Badger cuz he don't Care.
« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2007, 08:36:54 AM »

What are those steps, Bob? What may seem proper to one person may be corruption to another.

Busted

• Getbig IV
  • PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM MOWER
« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2007, 08:56:08 AM »

No bob. You are on the IFBB's Side and NOT lee's side.  You dont wanna piss off Manion and go to war for a Athlete, so you drag Lee along.

Croatch

• Getbig V
  • Man up, train natural.
« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2007, 09:23:11 AM »

Why was Lee banned from the IFBB?  Lack of insulin use or not enough of a gut?
N

benz

• Getbig V
  • ٩(̾●̮̮̃̾•̃̾)۶ boo! ٩(̾●̮̮̃̾•̃̾)۶
« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2007, 09:25:03 AM »

haha good one

Trev

• Getbig IV
  • Bodybuilding The Old School Way - Train, Eat, Rest
« Reply #11 on: November 29, 2007, 09:37:33 AM »
Yeh and his calves were found to be 100% muscle!!!!

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: November 29, 2007, 09:50:40 AM »
No bob. You are on the IFBB's Side and NOT lee's side.  You dont wanna piss off Manion and go to war for a Athlete, so you drag Lee along.

I did go to Manion, on Lee's behalf....he could care less if I represent Lee.

BTW...Manion put it to a vote of the committee, he didn't make the call himself

Trev

• Getbig IV
« Reply #13 on: November 29, 2007, 09:53:02 AM »

Its ALL history now and another example of how fucked up the whole pro "Sport" has become - Screw what the athletes and fans want, it's all about power & money.

BEAST 8692

• Getbig IV
« Reply #14 on: November 29, 2007, 09:53:50 AM »

in your honest opinion Chick, if Lee seriously wanted to get back in, do you think he'd be back in?

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: November 29, 2007, 09:55:20 AM »
Its ALL history now and another example of how fucked up the whole pro "Sport" has become - Screw what the athletes and fans want, it's all about power & money.

Who screwed who, exactly?

If Lee never went to a rival federation, knowing full well what his fate would be...we wouldn't be having this discussion...

Trev

• Getbig IV
« Reply #16 on: November 29, 2007, 10:00:01 AM »
Who screwed who, exactly?

If Lee never went to a rival federation, knowing full well what his fate would be...we wouldn't be having this discussion...
Agreed to a point. A contract is a contract and he signed it - BUT with with all the health risks pro bodybuilders HAVE to take to earn a living, the SHOULD be able to make money whenever and wherever they can.

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: November 29, 2007, 10:07:33 AM »
Agreed to a point. A contract is a contract and he signed it - BUT with with all the health risks pro bodybuilders HAVE to take to earn a living, the SHOULD be able to make money whenever and wherever they can.

No one HAS to do anything..it's a choice...as is being a professional BB and where you chose to make your living.

Trev

• Getbig IV
« Reply #18 on: November 29, 2007, 10:13:38 AM »
No one HAS to do anything..it's a choice...as is being a professional BB and where you chose to make your living.

Hmmmm, IF they want to earn a decent wedge from competitive pro bodybuilding NOWADAYS they do have to. You know thats true and yes you chose to do otherwise. Good on you. The point is that the IFBB NEED the pro bodybuilders and if they continue to restrict their freedom to earn a living etc etc it may come around to bite them on the behind when the pros FINALLY all club together and make a stand.
Again though - Lee and the other athletes sign the contracts so yes they have to obey its rules.

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: November 29, 2007, 10:18:51 AM »
Hmmmm, IF they want to earn a decent wedge from competitive pro bodybuilding NOWADAYS they do have to. You know thats true and yes you chose to do otherwise. Good on you. The point is that the IFBB NEED the pro bodybuilders and if they continue to restrict their freedom to earn a living etc etc it may come around to bite them on the behind when the pros FINALLY all club together and make a stand.
Again though - Lee and the other athletes sign the contracts so yes they have to obey its rules.

The IFBB needs the BBers, as the BBers need the IFBB...

The BBers will NEVER stand together... been there, tried that.

Doesn't take a genius to figure out where the money is in this sport...

There's an old saying that applies perfectly in this (Lee's) instance...

"DON'T STEP OVER A DOLLAR TO PICK UP A QUARTER"

Trev

• Getbig IV
« Reply #20 on: November 29, 2007, 10:21:00 AM »
The IFBB needs the BBers, as the BBers need the IFBB...

The BBers will NEVER stand together... been there, tried that.

Doesn't take a genius to figure out where the money is in this sport...

There's an old saying that applies perfectly in this (Lee's) instance...

"DON'T STEP OVER A DOLLAR TO PICK UP A QUARTER"
AGREED 100% - Over & Out.

Meso_z

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: November 29, 2007, 11:52:49 AM »

What are the proper steps exactly Bob? care to tell? I think you havent tried to help Lee as you owed to, youre the athletes rep if im not wrong right?

On_Swole

• Expert
  • Getbig III
« Reply #22 on: November 29, 2007, 11:57:50 AM »
Not stirring the pot, just curious. There were 13 guys that went over to the WBF in 1990. The majority came back and competed. Prior to that we had names such as Samir Banout, Edwardo Kawak, and Sergio Oliva compete in rival organizations but were also allowed back. What's the difference in Lee's regard?

Matt C

• Getbig V
  • The White Vince Goodrum
« Reply #23 on: November 29, 2007, 12:02:29 PM »
To add to Sean's series of questions, why didn't Jeff King get his pro card?  ???

Anyway, Lee is pretty unstable so if I ran the IFBB I wouldn't let him back in.  He will just jump ship again and talk shit about it, as he has done to virtually all of his sponsors.  Very unprofessional.
Bodybuilding Pro.com

bigkubby

• Getbig IV
« Reply #24 on: November 29, 2007, 12:04:05 PM »
What are the proper steps exactly Bob? care to tell? I think you havent tried to help Lee as you owed to, youre the athletes rep if im not wrong right?
YES, BUT CHICK JEALOUS OFF LEE AND WILL DO WHAT IT TAKES TO SEE THAT LEE CANNOT COME BACK. TRUE STORY. HES JEALOUS OF LEES PHYSIQUE
i