Author Topic: a question for the Liberals.....  (Read 2596 times)

Eldon

• Getbig III
a question for the Liberals.....
« on: November 29, 2007, 11:05:46 AM »
I heard this one time.  I don't rememberer exactly how the story goes, buy for the most part :

Their were some people living in a town,

and one day a group of Thugs came to round up all the Christians, to get rid of them.
the Atheist did not raise his voice in anger to stop it, and defend the Christians ,,,, as he is not a Christian, so no problem  ;D

Then a few weeks later, the Thugs came back and rounded up all the Hindus.  to get rid of them.
the Atheist did not raise his voice in anger to stop it, and defend the Hindus ,,,, as he is not a Hindu, so no problem  ;D

Then a few weeks later, the Thugs came back and rounded up all the Buddhist.  to get rid of them.
the Atheist did not raise his voice in anger to stop it, and defend the Buddhist ,,,, as he is not a Buddhist, so no problem  ;D

Then a few weeks later, the Thugs came back to round up all the Atheist.  to get rid of them.
and their was nobody left to defend the Atheist man,  as everyone else was already gone.   :(

The point being that with what happended last night, In the Republican Debate, with the Democrats Planting people to ask question to try and make the republicans look bad,  I ask many of you Liberals on here to think about this  before you say it was no big deal.

Is this really something you think you think is OK ?,  Or are you like the atheist in the above story, telling yourself, that since you are a democrat, and it was done to a Republican, no big deal, " so no problem ;D

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
Re: a question for the Liberals.....
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2007, 11:31:52 AM »
The only problem with your post is that it's wrong.  The Buddhist and Hindu and other religions would support your right to not be rounded up.  The Christians on the other hand, I don't know, it's kind of written into their word that all these other people are wrong...    Look, maybe it's wrong what happened last night.  Maybe it's even wrong on the same level of sending your campaign staff to be staged protesters in Florida during the 2000 election, like the Bush campaign did.  One thing is for sure, the dems will get busted for it on a much bigger level than republicans ever do for pulling similar stunts so I don't know what your worry is about.  From what I see this will sit well for you guys despite there being zero evidence that Hillary put her man up to this, could easily be his own idea.  Even the staged question she got nailed on, the truth be told, that chick went and asked Hillary what would be a good question to ask.  Didn't hear anybody in the media mention that fact.  They just nailed her to the wall on it.

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2007, 11:36:39 AM »
I'm sorry Eldon, but it looks to me like Republicans have gotten such a free ride in the so-called liberal media, getting tossed so many softballs, that you come to expect it from a national debate. That's not how it works. Anyone running for office should expect to have hard questions directed towards them. There are questions that need to be answered, and when you're asking for people's votes, you should expect to prove yourself worthy of it prior to the ballots being cast. Politicians are there to represent their entire constituency, ...not just those who voted for them, ...and they must be accountable to the entire constituency, ...not just those who voted for them, ...but also those who didn't.

As for your analogy, ...fat chance of that ever happening.
With the stronghold religious radicals have on public policy makers, ...they'd take the Atheists first.
w

Eldon

• Getbig III
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2007, 11:43:35 AM »
The only problem with your post is that it's wrong.  The Buddhist and Hindu and other religions would support your right to not be rounded up.  The Christians on the other hand, I don't know, it's kind of written into their word that all these other people are wrong...    Look, maybe it's wrong what happened last night.  Maybe it's even wrong on the same level of sending your campaign staff to be staged protesters in Florida during the 2000 election, like the Bush campaign did.  One thing is for sure, the dems will get busted for it on a much bigger level than republicans ever do for pulling similar stunts so I don't know what your worry is about.  From what I see this will sit well for you guys despite there being zero evidence that Hillary put her man up to this, could easily be his own idea.  Even the staged question she got nailed on, the truth be told, that chick went and asked Hillary what would be a good question to ask.  Didn't hear anybody in the media mention that fact.  They just nailed her to the wall on it.

This is the most bullshit I have read on here all week.
Berserker,   as usuall so full of shit.

For the record,
I don't like any of the republicans,  I wish Low Dobbs would run as an independent

Question for the loony Liberal Berserker ?

I see now you are for Ron Paul, 
Him being Pro life and a Christian  how does this  sit with your liberal views    ::)

http://www.ronpaullibrary.org/document.php?id=402
http://fellowprisoner.wordpress.com/2007/05/21/why-it-doesnt-matter-whether-ron-paul-or-any-president-is-christian/

Eldon

• Getbig III
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2007, 11:49:42 AM »

I refuse to reply to anything the American hating jaguarenterprises, says on here,

go back to the business board and push some more of your scam gas pills   :o

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2007, 12:00:50 PM »
This is the most bullshit I have read on here all week.
Berserker,   as usuall so full of shit.

For the record,
I don't like any of the republicans,  I wish Low Dobbs would run as an independent

Question for the loony Liberal Berserker ?

I see now you are for Ron Paul, 
Him being Pro life and a Christian  how does this  sit with your liberal views    ::)

Looks like if I'm full of shit, so are you :D  I was there first nanner na nanner 8)
Lou Dobbs for President by Berserker: http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=88465.0

Where did I say I was Pro Choice or Pro Life?  I've been undecided on the issue for years and years and for good reasons.

Why would I care about him being a Christian?  As I've noted a non Christian is more willing to accept a Christian that the other way around.  The angry atheists are in a small minority, just about every sampling has shown that.  Most people believe we all have rights to worship as we please.  If I have a problem with Ron Paul being a Christian, I'm in serious trouble with my family who are all Christian not counting myself and my sister.  I have criticisms of Christianity, so what?  I also am happy to be friends with them and even accept their beliefs on several levels, it's only right.

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2007, 12:05:30 PM »

The point being that with what happended last night, In the Republican Debate, with the Democrats Planting people to ask question to try and make the republicans look bad,  I ask many of you Liberals on here to think about this  before you say it was no big deal.

Is this really something you think you think is OK ?,  Or are you like the atheist in the above story, telling yourself, that since you are a democrat, and it was done to a Republican, no big deal, " so no problem ;D

I don't think it's alright.

But to make it fair, they should have questions from both parties at debates.

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2007, 01:24:34 PM »
If the republicans don't want to look bad in answering questions, they should not give stupid answers to those questions.

For god's sake, do you think the president of the US should only answer softball questions?  Don't answer that if you are Bush supporter....ipso facto.

I see nothing wrong with what happened..if it indeed happened that way.  I do see something wrong when the whitehouse uses tax dollars to plant false stories in the national media though.

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2007, 01:43:44 PM »
If the republicans don't want to look bad in answering questions, they should not give stupid answers to those questions.

For god's sake, do you think the president of the US should only answer softball questions?  Don't answer that if you are Bush supporter....ipso facto.

I see nothing wrong with what happened..if it indeed happened that way.  I do see something wrong when the whitehouse uses tax dollars to plant false stories in the national media though.

That's true, it might all be BS in the first place.

However, if it did happen that way it doesn't make the playing field fair if the debate is supposed to have certain parameters.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2007, 01:52:35 PM »
I want to see the DEM candidates get TOUGH questions too.

I think ALL Republicans should want their candidates to face TOUGH questions, so that they can see who is honest, tough, and has good ideas, and who is just a pretty face with a

Shit, do any of you run a business?  Do you spend the interview saying "tell me your 3 greatest strengths", or do you ask about their work record, their past perforamce, why they left the last job, etc?

You should WANT to know who the frauds are.  From BOTH parties.  This way, you don't elect a DUD.  Again.

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2007, 01:55:06 PM »
That's true, it might all be BS in the first place.

However, if it did happen that way it doesn't make the playing field fair if the debate is supposed to have certain parameters.
Frankly I don't care about the rules of debate.  Etiquette is fine.  But this is the big chair we are talking about--the presidency.

Let's see what these men are made of lest we get stuck with another incompetent like Bush.

I want to see a leader that can think and act on his feet.  One that preferably does not sit in a children's classroom for 17 minutes reading a goat story looking like a goddam dope after he was told the country was under attack by his chief of staff.

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: November 29, 2007, 01:57:46 PM »
Frankly I don't care about the rules of debate.  Etiquette is fine.  But this is the big chair we are talking about--the presidency.

Let's see what these men are made of lest we get stuck with another incompetent like Bush.

I want to see a leader that can think and act on his feet.  One that preferably does not sit in a children's classroom for 17 minutes reading a goat story looking like a goddam dope after he was told the country was under attack by his chief of staff.

Which is all good and i agree with.

But if the administrators of the democratic debates don't allow it and the administrators of the republican debates don't allow it, but somehow the republican debate is compromised it's creates an unfair playing field which isn't right.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #12 on: November 29, 2007, 01:58:44 PM »
Which is all good and i agree with.

But if the administrators of the democratic debates don't allow it and the administrators of the republican debates don't allow it, but somehow the republican debate is compromised it's creates an unfair playing field which isn't right.

I agree.  It's really not about tough questions, which are fine, it's about the integrity of the process. 

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: November 29, 2007, 02:02:45 PM »
I see what you both mean.

However there really is very little integrity to this format of debate.  You get your 60 or 30 seconds to make a point or get off a zinger and then you move on.

That's not debate.

That's plain BS.

I love to see things get shaken up where the polish from the rehearsal is gone and all you're left with is the talent of the men answering the question.

MB_722

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith
« Reply #14 on: November 29, 2007, 02:05:14 PM »
who is this eldon character?

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: November 29, 2007, 02:05:34 PM »

I love to see things get shaken up where the polish from the rehearsal is gone and all you're left with is the talent of the men answering the question.

You and me both sir, even if being a good debater doesn't necessarily make you a good president.   It would  be revealing to see them answer real tough questions and be made to directly answer them.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: November 29, 2007, 02:06:02 PM »

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: November 29, 2007, 02:06:57 PM »
I see what you both mean.

However there really is very little integrity to this format of debate.  You get your 60 or 30 seconds to make a point or get off a zinger and then you move on.

That's not debate.

That's plain BS.

Good points.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: November 29, 2007, 02:07:43 PM »

Well, I agree with much of what he has posted so far about the debate, so he must be another one of my alter egos.   :)

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: November 29, 2007, 02:14:31 PM »

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: November 29, 2007, 02:16:29 PM »
are you sure ???

No.  But the behavior pattern has emerged almost identically to where he left off, among other clues.

Eldon, are you Bruce?

Eldon

• Getbig III
« Reply #21 on: November 29, 2007, 02:25:52 PM »

I have been on here since 2002, don't post much anymore, many of the older members I knew are gone, such a Jdog, Avenging Eagle,  Beyond Genetics,  and etc......

every now and then I have a day off from work, and  come on here to read and laugh....  :o

Dam. Berserker being for Lou Dobbs, makes me want to rethink it all
Just kidding
Later.

once again folks , it had nothing to do wit hard questions, the more the better, it had to do with Democratic Plants trying to make the other side look bad,

Do you think the following question would ever be asked  to the democrats from a youtube undecided voter ?

Being a liberal,  you are all for defending a cold blooded murderer's right to life, but all for killing  Innocent babies during the 3rd-trimester,  when at that stage of the pregnancy, the baby could be birthed, and be living ?

Never in your wildest dreams, especially not on CNN.

and if so, if it was found out that this person was planted  by a Republican  front runner, along with  7 others republican plants ?

again, hard questions are great, that is not the problem with what happended last night.

This is not Venezuela or Russia.

Who is Bruce ?

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: November 29, 2007, 02:28:17 PM »
I have been on here since 2002, don't post much anymore, many of the older members I knew are gone, such a Jdog, Avenging Eagle,  Beyond Genetics,  and etc......

every now and then I have a day off from work, and  come on here to read and laugh....  :o

Dam. Berserker being for Lou Dobbs, makes me want to rethink it all
Just kidding
Later.

once again folks , it had nothing to do wit hard questions, the more the better, it had to do with Democratic Plants trying to make the other side look bad,

Do you think the following question would ever be asked  to the democrats from a youtube undecided voter ?

Being a liberal,  you are all for defending a cold blooded murderer's right to life, but all for killing  Innocent babies during the 3rd-trimester,  when at that stage of the pregnancy, the baby could be birthed, and be living ?

Never in your wildest dreams, especially not on CNN.

and if so, if it was found out that this person was planted  by a Republican  front runner, along with  7 others republican plants ?

again, hard questions are great, that is not the problem with what happended last night.

This is not Venezuela or Russia.

Now who's full of shit ::)

Eldon

• Getbig III
« Reply #23 on: November 29, 2007, 02:29:03 PM »
Now who's full of shit

want to make a bet ?

Eldon

• Getbig III
« Reply #24 on: November 29, 2007, 02:31:49 PM »
I don't remember any of these people.

were you on here 5 years ago ?

since you dont remember them, I guess they never existed, and I just made up their names   ::)