Author Topic: America's secret addiciton: STEROIDS!!!!  (Read 1556 times)

Master Blaster

America's secret addiciton: STEROIDS!!!!
« on: November 30, 2007, 11:31:25 AM »
 :o

"When science lets us fulfill our greatest desires, where do we stop? Should Barry Bonds's startling achievements be listed in the record book with an asterisk because he has been accused of using steroids? Did performance-enhancing drugs play a role in Lance Armstrong's seven Tour de France victories? And what does Arnold Schwarzenegger's continued success say about the appeal of his steroid-fueled bodybuilding persona?

In the tradition of And the Band Played On, award-winning journalist Shaun Assael looks at America's complicated love affair with steroids and how it has grown into the country's -- and perhaps the world's -- most insidious drug addiction.

Steroid Nation presents a chilling portrait of a nation enamored of artificially pumped-up success. Chronicling steroid use far beyond the headlines, it begins with the bodybuilders of Venice Beach in the 1970s and continues through to the NFL's Raiders of the '80s and '90s and the baseball scandals of today. Assael also reveals the dramatic story of the godfather of the steroid movement: Dan Duchaine, who wrote The Original Underground Steroid Handbook in 1981.

Part detective story, part medical investigation, and part sociological examination, Steroid Nation is a groundbreaking work on the most compelling story in the sports world today."

http://search.barnesandnoble.com/booksearch/isbnInquiry.asp?isbn=1933060379

Naked4Jesus

• Getbig IV
  • You can save a IFBB Pro today by donating a kidney
Re: America's secret addiciton: STEROIDS!!!!
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2007, 11:37:28 AM »
I've got to call Bullshiit on this one.  Most people don't even work out let alone use steroids.   How many people do you know have never drunk alcohol?   Smoked a little weed?  Steriods ain't Shiit!   :-\

"When science lets us fulfill our greatest desires, where do we stop? Should Barry Bonds's startling achievements be listed in the record book with an asterisk because he has been accused of using steroids? Did performance-enhancing drugs play a role in Lance Armstrong's seven Tour de France victories? And what does Arnold Schwarzenegger's continued success say about the appeal of his steroid-fueled bodybuilding persona?

In the tradition of And the Band Played On, award-winning journalist Shaun Assael looks at America's complicated love affair with steroids and how it has grown into the country's -- and perhaps the world's -- most insidious drug addiction.

Steroid Nation presents a chilling portrait of a nation enamored of artificially pumped-up success. Chronicling steroid use far beyond the headlines, it begins with the bodybuilders of Venice Beach in the 1970s and continues through to the NFL's Raiders of the '80s and '90s and the baseball scandals of today. Assael also reveals the dramatic story of the godfather of the steroid movement: Dan Duchaine, who wrote The Original Underground Steroid Handbook in 1981.

Part detective story, part medical investigation, and part sociological examination, Steroid Nation is a groundbreaking work on the most compelling story in the sports world today."

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2007, 11:41:05 AM »

Newsflash...Americans are not the only people on gas. Try the world.
Steroids are not addictive. The feeling you have and the way you look when on them is. I don't think any one enjoys harpooning their ass.

Master Blaster

« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2007, 12:34:36 PM »
Newsflash...Americans are not the only people on gas. Try the world.
Steroids are not addictive. The feeling you have and the way you look when on them is. I don't think any one enjoys harpooning their ass.

The truth doesn't sell.  ;)

emn1964

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2007, 12:35:13 PM »
aas is the LEAST of this country's worries.

Master Blaster

« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2007, 12:37:00 PM »
aas is the LEAST of this country's worries.

I think it's a positive force.

BroadStreetBruiser

• Getbig V
  • "In Falcon We Trust"
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2007, 12:40:30 PM »
I love roids. I eat them constantly.
$

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2007, 12:44:19 PM »
The truth doesn't sell.  ;)
It wasn't meant to sell. But I think America has bigger fish to fry such as terrisom, the economy, etc then to worry about people taking AAS.

Master Blaster

« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2007, 12:45:09 PM »
It wasn't meant to sell. But I think America has bigger fish to fry such as terrisom, the economy, etc then to worry about people taking AAS.

The economy is smokin', but I agree with your point.

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2007, 12:48:30 PM »
post the book as a pdf or something man!!!!!!
Z

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
  • Mel Gibson and Bob Sly World Domination
« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2007, 01:34:41 PM »
stupid distractions..  ::)

As someone already pointed out; we have other matters to worry about, such as the economy, the war, terrorism, education etc.

I don't give a shit about gay marriage, steroids, marijuana and other nonsense.

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2007, 01:37:28 PM »
stupid distractions..  ::)

As someone already pointed out; we have other matters to worry about, such as the economy, the war, terrorism, education etc.the release of the fourth part in the series of interview with the great HUGE nasser el sonbaty

fixed
Z

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
  • Mel Gibson and Bob Sly World Domination
« Reply #12 on: November 30, 2007, 01:41:30 PM »

Lamplighterx

• Getbig III
  • I support the Wizard of Truth
« Reply #13 on: November 30, 2007, 02:22:16 PM »
damn that pic of nasser is freaking crazy!!!!!
Proud to be a member of Team Nasser

musclehedz

• Getbig IV
« Reply #14 on: November 30, 2007, 02:30:59 PM »
Go start a friggin war on alcohol. Steroids are nothing. They only cure people.

About addiction, there is none. However it does feel good when running a cycle. Gonna start a nice cutting cycle in 4 weeks