Author Topic: Did I almost tear something?  (Read 1432 times)

GroinkTropin

• Getbig IV
Did I almost tear something?
« on: November 30, 2007, 02:59:15 PM »
Yesterday worked arms, started with heavy barbell curls, then did heavy alternating dbell curls and then seated hammer curls. Moved to tri's started with v-bar pressdowns, first 2 sets were light then started bumping up the weight. I was really feeling the movement, which is unusual and right at the end of my last set I pressed to extension and WHAM, I had some sort of crazy contraction, one I've never felt before. When I walked away from the machine, my left tri was aching really really bad, and within 3 minutes had blown up like crazy. It was probably twice as pumped as I've ever felt, hurt like hell and I couldn't bend my arm. Went to do some dbell behind the head extensions and couldn't, the pain was unbearable. My left tri was just insanely blown up and it really really hurt to move my arm. I decided to play it safe and quit, today my arms are fine no bruising my left tri is really really sore what the hell happened?

Pete Dimano

• Getbig III
Re: Did I almost tear something?
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2007, 03:01:23 PM »
my ribs were sore from doing dumbbell pullovers.  I massaged them a bunch, which made it worse.  now it's 3 days later and they're still sore.  advices?
!

Rearden Metal

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Honey Badger cuz he don't Care.
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2007, 03:02:52 PM »
Sounds like you had a tendon flare-up. My right bicep is so bad I can barely curl 35's right now, and if I push it the same will happen, a pulling/tugging sensation with a POP as I lower the weight.

I wish I could tell you a rememedy but if I had one, I'd use it on myself. I believe minor surgury might be necessary for me to repair/shave down the tendon.

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2007, 03:03:55 PM »
you're just TOO HUGE!!!!!!! ::)

The_Leafy_Bug

« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2007, 03:07:26 PM »
Yesterday worked arms, started with heavy barbell curls, then did heavy alternating dbell curls and then seated hammer curls. Moved to tri's started with v-bar pressdowns, first 2 sets were light then started bumping up the weight. I was really feeling the movement, which is unusual and right at the end of my last set I pressed to extension and WHAM, I had some sort of crazy contraction, one I've never felt before. When I walked away from the machine, my left tri was aching really really bad, and within 3 minutes had blown up like crazy. It was probably twice as pumped as I've ever felt, hurt like hell and I couldn't bend my arm. Went to do some dbell behind the head extensions and couldn't, the pain was unbearable. My left tri was just insanely blown up and it really really hurt to move my arm. I decided to play it safe and quit, today my arms are fine no bruising my left tri is really really sore what the hell happened?
Bro... this is just apart of training. You need to fight through it. When it starts hurting and aching you know you are there bra. Keep pumping the iron.

Deadpool

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2007, 03:08:29 PM »
when in doubt, go to the doctor.  Tell them you are in a LOT of pain and that you have a high tolerance for pain so this is just incredibly painful

then PM me with the price you want for the percs you got.  ;)
X

MindSpin

• Getbig V
  • MMA > Boxing
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2007, 03:11:02 PM »
w

Deadpool

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2007, 03:13:11 PM »
when in doubt, go to the doctor.  Tell them you are in a LOT of pain and that you have a high tolerance for pain so this is just incredibly painful

PM me with the price you want for the percs you got.  ;)

for the visually impaired
X

GroinkTropin

• Getbig IV
« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2007, 03:20:06 PM »
you're just TOO HUGE!!!!!!! ::)

I pm'ed you a request for your email to send you pics, you have not a pot to piss in with regards to my size fatfather.

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2007, 03:22:24 PM »
I pm'ed you a request for your email to send you pics, you have not a pot to piss in with regards to my size fatfather.
be a man and post up the pictures if you proud of your size.

Deadpool

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2007, 03:24:48 PM »

you too...clear ones this time
X

Rearden Metal

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Honey Badger cuz he don't Care.
« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2007, 03:30:30 PM »

Out of 18000+ posts, I bet over half of them are exactly this sentence.

GroinkTropin

• Getbig IV
« Reply #12 on: November 30, 2007, 03:33:03 PM »

Don't have a digital camera asshole, what it's too much for you to shoot me an email address? Coward. Sometime next week I'm taking pics for a best of calves contest I'll put some up then. My big issue is taking my face off, don't have photshop have no clue how to use it but don't want my ugly mug public that's all. Btw if I put some good ones up, you put up as well OR SHUT UP.

GroinkTropin

• Getbig IV
« Reply #13 on: November 30, 2007, 03:34:37 PM »
Bro... this is just apart of training. You need to fight through it. When it starts hurting and aching you know you are there bra. Keep pumping the iron.

13 years of training this is the first time I got scared. I THINK it's because of the heavy straight bar curls, which I rarely do. Come to think of it my elbow hurt a bit when I was doing my hammer curls, must have been my elbow. Is this bad? I mean am I close to injury? Wasn't going terribly heavy, im 27 not 50...

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
« Reply #14 on: November 30, 2007, 03:36:30 PM »
Don't have a digital camera asshole, what it's too much for you to shoot me an email address? Coward. Sometime next week I'm taking pics for a best of calves contest I'll put some up then. My big issue is taking my face off, don't have photshop have no clue how to use it but don't want my ugly mug public that's all. Btw if I put some good ones up, you put up as well OR SHUT UP.
not that i think sf has the right to call anyone out with his blurry pictures,, but thats a really bad excuse. just cover the face with ms paint..

GroinkTropin

• Getbig IV
« Reply #15 on: November 30, 2007, 03:41:18 PM »
not that i think sf has the right to call anyone out with his blurry pictures,, but thats a really bad excuse. just cover the face with ms paint..

Alright whatever i'll get some up I'm actually curious how I look right now. Obv I think I look great lol...