Author Topic: Despite my support of Ron Paul and Libertarian Leanings there are things...  (Read 603 times)

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
that I am still openminded about.

Whether universal healthcare should be a part of government or not for example. I always look to the Scandinavians as an example. Though my argument has always been that the population of those countries allows for a more or less effective system. The USA is likely too large and corrupt a country to have an efficient system like that.

Gun control...well I am undecided. I think people will get them one way or another. Educated city slickers in the USA don't like guns and it is mostly country white trash that likes them. Places like Germany, Holland and Denmark have MUCH, MUCH less violence in general and far less gun related violence....in principle though if someone likes to shoot things she should be able to have a gun...still...

Of course I strongly disagree with Ron Paul on the abortion issue but his relegation to state level solution is a good one. The Northeastern states (the only ones I would ever live in would never ban it) and only the bible thumping white trash ones would so I have no problem with that.

Ultimately I support Ron Paul for 3 reasons: 1. Foreign Policy, 2. Monetary Policy and 3. Civil Liberties....

I hate the State.

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
Hey, nobody is perfect, not even Ron Paul.  But Ron Paul is still a much better choice than anyone else out there.  Who would be better?  There is no one candidate who will please or agree with everybody in everything.

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
Hey, nobody is perfect, not even Ron Paul.  But Ron Paul is still a much better choice than anyone else out there.  Who would be better?  There is no one candidate who will please or agree with everybody in everything.

Of course. I never said otherwise. Hey, I agree with him 80% and that's a lot. Good thing about Paul is that he gets you biblethumpers too to side with him...Ron Paul 2008!
I hate the State.