Author Topic: Just talked to Troy Alves  (Read 5362 times)

GetItOnNY

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
Just talked to Troy Alves
« on: December 01, 2007, 03:59:09 PM »
I just got off the Phone with Troy Alves.He is doing really well, he is getting ready for the Ironman Pro, and says he is going to be at his all time best. He is now training with Dennis "the Menace" James and  he says training with a bigger athlete has really pushed him.I think Troy and Dennis training together is win -win situation for the both of them.Troy can help Dennis nail down his condioning, and Dennis can help Troy put on a little more mass. In my opinion they are both top notch athletes, who have awesome physiques.
I honestly beleive that Troy Alves could easily win the Iron man Pro next year.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Re: Just talked to Troy Alves
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2007, 04:02:59 PM »

Isn't Phil Heath doing the Ironman?

P.I.P. Troy Alves.

FreedomFighter

• Getbig III
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2007, 04:05:37 PM »
also if DJ is there ???

LATS

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2007, 06:28:15 PM »
 is dennis still training in the giant set fashion that he said a few months back?..

gordiano

• Getbig V
  • TEAM "CUTE PENIS", TEAM TRIFLIN' RONNIE COLEMAN
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2007, 07:49:46 PM »
I just got off the Phone with Troy Alves.He is doing really well, he is getting ready for the Ironman Pro, and says he is going to be at his all time best. He is now training with Dennis "the Menace" James and  he says training with a bigger athlete has really pushed him.I think Troy and Dennis training together is win -win situation for the both of them.Troy can help Dennis nail down his condioning, and Dennis can help Troy put on a little more mass. In my opinion they are both top notch athletes, who have awesome physiques.

Ask him (or "ax" him) if he's got Niner tix......I bet he's got many laying around, since they are pure shit this year.  :-\
HAHA, RON.....

duncanlukas

• Getbig II
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2007, 07:53:10 PM »
alves has such a beautiful physique but he ll never win a big show or even the ironman cuz hes not big enough on the lower half.

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2007, 07:55:01 PM »
Ask him (or "ax" him) if he's got Niner tix......I bet he's got many laying around, since they are pure shit this year.  :-\

I don't even think an international  mega star pro athlete like Troy Alves could give those away.

Bast000

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Team Malk-Gallon
« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2007, 07:59:40 PM »

haha wake up from your day dream pal.

Brutal_1

• Getbig V
  • Your best is...
« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2007, 08:23:45 AM »

You think Troy can get me tickets to the Rose Bowl  ;D
just not good enough

Monster81

• Getbig IV
« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2007, 08:47:23 AM »
and says he is going to be at his all time best.

everybody say so

Andre Nickatina

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2007, 08:50:12 AM »
He's getting too old ....

Monster81

• Getbig IV
« Reply #11 on: December 02, 2007, 08:55:27 AM »
Troy can help Dennis nail down his condioning,

hahahahaaaaahahaaahaa,  i doubt that Dennis will take any advice from Troy......Dennis is as usual just makin money out of Troy

The Jeenius

• Getbig II
« Reply #12 on: December 02, 2007, 09:22:00 AM »
I just got off the Phone with Troy Alves.He is doing really well, he is getting ready for the Ironman Pro, and says he is going to be at his all time best.

Will a pro ever say he's not going to be at his all time best  ???

SteelePegasus

• Getbig V
  • Life, death, in between is getbig.com
« Reply #13 on: December 02, 2007, 09:35:01 AM »

dude, not to be negative but troy is one of the fogetten souls in the IFBB..seldom does he place above 10th in B and C level shows.

didn't he train with Milos for his last show and didn't improve on his previous placing?

have troy ever placed in the money in any of his shows?

also, any chance of Troy getting me some Celtic tickets..possible for when they play the Knicks or Nets
Here comes the money shot

davidpaul

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: December 02, 2007, 02:11:37 PM »
he always get screwed it seems

GetItOnNY

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #15 on: December 02, 2007, 05:23:25 PM »
Troy has a body that represents what a bodybuilder should look like. Small waist, round muscle bellies, and very good conditioning. You people are knockin Troy, when he has a better Physique then the current Mr O. Its pretty sad when the current Mr O is a big blocky bodybuilder who uses alot of synthol, and has no seperation what so ever. Bodybuilding is about symetry, and condioning, not being a line backer with abs.
Bodybuilders like Troy, Dexter, Victor, Dennis Wolf, and Tonney Freeman, represent what a muscular body should look like.They remind me of classic physiques like Bertil Fox, Robbie Robinson,Sergio,and even Arnold.I started trainng 22 years ago, and what motivated me were physiques like TonY Atlas,Boyer Coe,and Mike Metzner. If I was 18 years old and I picked up a magazine and saw some of todays physiques including the current MR O I wouldnt want to be a bodybuilder. Troy Alves has a balanced physique that looks healthy, not a drug infested body with sythol ooozing out of his arms and shoulders.Yes Troy uses anabolics, but he still looks healthy, and I bet he could run acros the parket lot without needing an oxygen tank,lol.
Bodybuilding is about taking your genetics, and pushing them to the limit, and still look human.Troy has obtained this and thats why Troy is a friend of mine, and I have tremedous respect for him.

Matt C

• Getbig V
  • The White Vince Goodrum
« Reply #16 on: December 02, 2007, 05:36:41 PM »
Troy has a fantastic physique.  If he could only bring up the conditioning in his hams and glutes ever so slightly he would be basically flawless.  Outstanding physique - no real strong or weak points, everything is in harmony with everything else.
Bodybuilding Pro.com

aussiepro

• Getbig III
« Reply #17 on: December 02, 2007, 09:45:06 PM »
Troy has a fantastic physique.  If he could only bring up the conditioning in his hams and glutes ever so slightly he would be basically flawless.  Outstanding physique - no real strong or weak points, everything is in harmony with everything else.
He does have an amazing physique but he wont win the ironman, there are too many big names doing it, Phil health, Tony freeman, Branch may also be doing it
there's no magic pills... just needles

Matt C

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: December 02, 2007, 09:58:16 PM »
He does have an amazing physique but he wont win the ironman, there are too many big names doing it, Phil health, Tony freeman, Branch may also be doing it

He is always a perennial top five at the Ironman!
Bodybuilding Pro.com

gordiano

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: December 02, 2007, 10:06:59 PM »

Absolutely.

However, due to the fact that he has NO GUT, or synthol, he's often overlooked, especially at the bigger shows. To me, as far as pro physiques go, Troy's is ideal.
HAHA, RON.....

Matt C

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: December 02, 2007, 10:10:49 PM »
Absolutely.

However, due to the fact that he has NO GUT, or synthol, he's often overlooked, especially at the bigger shows. To me, as far as pro physiques go, Troy's is ideal.

I agree!!

Have you heard from Troy lately?  I'm actually looking for some tickets to the Ironman...
Bodybuilding Pro.com

gordiano

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: December 02, 2007, 10:14:28 PM »
I agree!!

Have you heard from Troy lately?  I'm actually looking for some tickets to the Ironman...

Don't worry.....you should be able to find Troy standing outside the building, up until show time. However, if you see any cops around, don't mention anything about tickets.... ;)
HAHA, RON.....

GetItOnNY

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #22 on: December 02, 2007, 10:20:05 PM »
Troy is a straight up hard working family man.He has morals, standards and values. You wont see Troy doing g4p, acting a fool, or doing recreational drugs.
I have respect for bodybuilders who work hard,and pay there dues.Today you never know whats up with some pro bodybuilders, they always have some hang up or issue.Its gotten so bad I dont even listen anymore.

gordiano

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: December 02, 2007, 10:21:07 PM »
Troy is a straight up hard working family man.He has morals, standards and values. You wont see Troy doing g4p, acting a fool, or doing recreational drugs.
I have respect for bodybuilders who work hard,and pay there dues.Today you never know whats up with some pro bodybuilders, they always have some hang up or issue.Its gotten so bad I dont even listen anymore.

No kidding....some real scumbags in this industry...
HAHA, RON.....

rocket

• Getbig V
  • Not a champion
« Reply #24 on: December 02, 2007, 10:33:50 PM »
Troy should open his third eye every now and again.  It could be the missing edge he's looking for.

Anybody else get tired of recycled nicknames in bodybuilding?  Why can't these guys think up something new.