Author Topic: Think 200lbs is attainable?  (Read 2461 times)

Mysticobra

• Getbig II
  • GET BIG!
Think 200lbs is attainable?
« on: December 02, 2007, 10:12:06 PM »
Well, about 2 months ago I got back in the gym hardcore.  I was out for a few months from wrist injuries (don't play basketball!)  Anyways, when I started up I was weighing 172lbs w/shoes and clothes on.  Over the last 2 months I have managed to get my weight up to a steady 183-185lbs.  My goal for the winter was 190lbs, but I'm thinking about shooting for 200lbs now.  The most I have ever weighed was 195lbs and that was with a lot more BF than I'm carrying now.  Hopefully, most of the weight I have added has been muscle as I have done 20-30 mins of low intensity cardio 5 days a week to keep my BF around 8-10% or so (just based on looks).  So, if I'm going to shoot for 200lbs by say April/May should I change anything up?  I jumped to 185lbs very quickly and kinda plateaued for a bit, but I seem to be gaining again.  How long do I need to be plateaued at a weight before I need to change something up, like cutting back on cardio or something?  BTW this is natural incase you guys were thinking that gaining 10% more should be a of piece of cake.

Emmortal

• Getbig V
Re: Think 200lbs is attainable?
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2007, 04:11:35 PM »
I'd give it a week or so to see if you've really plateaued.  200lbs by next April/May is definitely doable, but you might pack on a little more fat than you want. You might want to try adding 500 cals a week to your diet until you start seeing gains again, you may not be eating enough, since you didn't mention anything about your diet it's hard to guess.

mar10s

• Getbig III
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2007, 08:22:38 AM »
I think the time frame you've given yourself is realistic.  What are you eating/how is your diet?

JasonH

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2007, 05:21:22 AM »
200lbs is definitely attainable under the circumstances. Wouldn't worry about the cardio too much - just keep your diet in check and your bodyfat should remain roughly where it is. You haven't stated how tall you are so it's hard to get an idea of what you're capable of.

bmuscle90

• Getbig II
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2007, 10:24:48 AM »
You can get to 200lbs and maintain it no problem but one of the most important things would be your diet.  I'm 5"9' 190-195lbs with 10-12% bodyfat.  I'm natural too and dont plan on using any drugs either.  I also lost some weight..mostly fat and I'm looking to gain more weight to 200-215lbs.  I wouldn't go crazy with the cardio.  Do light cardio and eat low fat and high protein food.  I always make sure I get enough sleep(6-8hours) and I try not to miss any lifting days.. no more then 2 in a row. Stay natural. 

Gene

• Getbig II
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2007, 02:20:41 AM »
yes, it's attainable, don't go nuts on the cardio.

ngm21084

• Getbig IV
  • D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2007, 07:10:50 AM »
id say def drop the cardio to maybe two days not back to back...maybe three every other....concentrate on high protien diet like others suggest but you have got to make sure you are getting properly timed and consumption of carbs to gain muscle wieght as opposed to body fat....now what about your workout...heavy wieght or high reps..?  id suggest to gain size and wieght go with more wieght with reps not going under 6 and above 10...and to spark some muscle growth try on the last sets or last reps of each last set to focus on some negative reps....also BTW whats your diet like? and your protien intake like as far as sources and frequency

Fulgorre

• Getbig III
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2008, 10:04:16 AM »
200lbs? yes

200lbs with the anticipation of looking like a smaller version of the top NPC competitors or pros? no

To get that type of body composition you need hormones. Sry, I didn't make the rules.  Just how it is.  And yes! T3 is a hormone a lot of "naturals" with no size use to get ripped. :)