Author Topic: 'Hardest training bodybuilder'  (Read 38303 times)

nunzie

• Getbig I
Re: 'Hardest training bodybuilder'
« Reply #125 on: November 20, 2014, 06:16:10 AM »
  The Bodybuilder that trained hardest, workout after workout was Steve Michalik. Never left anything in the tank.

falco

• Getbig V
« Reply #126 on: November 20, 2014, 07:47:16 AM »
Hi Steve!

drmarkp

• Getbig III
« Reply #127 on: November 20, 2014, 08:30:21 PM »
i will believe unbiased reports from several witnesses of a truly high intensity workout. he's been mentioned on this thread but i have no doubt the account of casey viator's hit session where he performed non-stop, leg extensions with entire nautilus stack - 750lb leg presses (approx 25 reps) - 500 + lb ass to the grass squats 11 reps. the reason i can believe it is because so many unbiased people witnessed it eg, arnold and sergio were both there and gave the exact same account as arthur jones and others. thing is, it was not in sergio or arnold's interest to give an account of a man that completely annihilated anything they had ever been able to do in the gym. the fact that sergio did the same workout but much less weight and actually passed out by the time he got to the squats and couldn't complete the reps, even when the weight was reduced to 135lbs (in fairness, this was very early on in oliva's time spent with jones.

i also believe it because casey only had to do this giant set once which makes perfect sense ie knowing that he only had to do one set of each and with his intensity and energy fresh (he was also fond of pre workout methamphetamines as most hit guys were back then) he trained like an animal going absolutely balls out ie you can train long or hard, you can't do both (despite what Milos says ::)).

the weights casey was using for the reps (and we're not talking 1" rom like so many of these 'hard trainers' have proven on youtube - evidence is a beautiful tool for the deluded), the sequence and zero rest in between (apparently he was carried to each apparatus with jones yelling his ear off the whole time) pushed casey's heart rate up to 250 bpm by the end of the sequence (recorded by jones for posterity) which would indicate that he truly was going balls out and it wouldn't have been possible to do another giant set, never mind 50 more.

arthur jones belaboured the point that if you had enough energy to do a second set, you didn't train hard enough in the first and imo he was dead right.

probably the easiest way of explaining this is to look at running sprints. i could have a top flight competitor train sprints with brief rests in between, say 1 minute, hell make it 2, for 10 100 metre intervals.

i could scream at this man at the top of my lungs and make threats, etc and, there is no doubt, the man will be absolutely convinced he's training balls out. i could even be convinced, but i guarantee you 100% that come race day against the top competitors in the world, that man will run the 100 much faster than he did during any one of those 10 intervals (including the 1st). why? because he knows conciously and subconciously he only has one sprint to run and he must do his best. not what he or i absolutely believes is his best, but his B E S T.

ever seen a reporter try to talk to a maurice green after the gold medal race at the olympics? try not even being able to form a sentence for about 10 minutes. then ask him to run it again in under 10 seconds. he'll tell you to go take a flying fuck. now hold a gun to his head and tell him to do it or him and his family are dead. guess what? you still won't get your sub 10 seconds. why? refer above.

you see, this is a physiological fact and one that i still can't believe i was arguing with Milos about around the time of his first seminar. the 'mind' was telling me that it was possible to sprint a marathon and that i was simply 'weak minded' not to believe him. all i can say is, just as well for Milos he and his boys take a lot of drugs, because his training theories are seriously flawed.

this is also why i take the michaliks, milos' and defendis' of the world with a grain of salt. there's one and only one only thing that correlates between their machismo fuelled insanity sessions and their results and that's the sign on the wall that says, 'up the dosage'.

.. You are so right.. This is why Casey never again looked as good in his career as he did at the 1971' AAU 'Mr. America' ..

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #128 on: November 20, 2014, 08:31:10 PM »
Today, I think Phil Heath trains harder than anyone else in the pro BBing circuit.  I've seen him with 4 plates on the hammer strength bench press, moving it for 5 straight repetitions. 

old-school-lifter

• Getbig IV
« Reply #129 on: November 20, 2014, 08:52:51 PM »
surprised no one's mentioned Branch Warren

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #130 on: November 20, 2014, 09:03:36 PM »
Platz.
Dorian.
Warren.
Gaspari.

The Scott

• Getbig V
  • I'm a victim of soicumcision!!
« Reply #131 on: November 20, 2014, 09:23:19 PM »
The Mentzers and Viator.  Intensity for Immensity.  That and all the crap they took had everything to do with their size and strength.  But having seen them train I can attest to their ability to train like men possessed of a goal.

Master Blaster

• Getbig V
  • Not sure if getbig full of trolls or trolls getbig
« Reply #132 on: November 20, 2014, 09:51:30 PM »
ARNOLD

TheShape.

• Getbig V
« Reply #133 on: November 20, 2014, 10:58:40 PM »
Tom Platz. I wouldn't last one workout with him.

Croatch

• Getbig V
  • Man up, train natural.
« Reply #134 on: November 20, 2014, 11:15:09 PM »
I have to go with Branch Warren...well, in his own mind anyway.

Bad ass stare....check.
Weight slamming....check.
Shit form....check.
Loud talking....check.
Back to bad ass stare.

He has it all. :D
N

visualizeperfection

• Getbig V
  • Getbig sponsored athlete.
« Reply #135 on: November 20, 2014, 11:30:26 PM »
hulkotron is a very hard charger in the iron asylum.

kepler2008

• Getbig III
« Reply #136 on: November 21, 2014, 01:40:27 PM »
Robby Robinson

Rory Leidelmeyer

John Defendis

Steve Michalik

Sergio Oliva

I think contemporary bodybuilders train only for the camera. I don't see intensity in modern bodybuilding. Only drugs.

juicemachine

« Reply #137 on: November 21, 2014, 01:46:05 PM »
Ronnie?  Yeah right.  He was king of the half rep and had the most appalling form.  So many adolescents watched his videos and then hit the gym, only to destroy their shoulders and lower backs.

Ronnie got shortness of breath when walking from bench to rack.  Big dumbass Ronnie was a hardcore as a retard in a crop top!
I watched one of his DVDs and the pace, volume, and poundages were staggering. His form got sloppy in the later years, but was textbook in the earlier years. I think he got more results from deviating from the rules.

WillGrant

• Getbig V
  • Ron is Watching
« Reply #138 on: November 22, 2014, 05:24:44 AM »
John Meadows.
Antoine Vaillant.
Shelby Starnes

And anyone that follows John and Shelby's training
styles to the letter.

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
« Reply #139 on: November 22, 2014, 05:30:53 AM »
Today, I think Phil Heath trains harder than anyone else in the pro BBing circuit.  I've seen him with 4 plates on the hammer strength bench press, moving it for 5 straight repetitions. 

Fuck that. I saw a vid of Cutler doing five (5!) reps of rows with 225 once. I had to watch it like 3 times to comprehend what I was seeing.

illuminati

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The Strongest Shall Survive.- - Lest we Forget.
« Reply #140 on: November 22, 2014, 01:35:32 PM »
Arnold
Platz
Viator
Defendis
Michalik
Yates

All of the Above.

thegamechanger

• Getbig V
  • King of Cybex Glute Machine
« Reply #141 on: November 22, 2014, 01:58:27 PM »
why you mention only big guys smaller guys train harder than bigger guys because they need to show they can hang with the bigger guys!!!

Mr.Mojo

• Getbig II
« Reply #142 on: November 22, 2014, 03:35:36 PM »
Intensity = Mentzers + Viator
Volume    = Arnold
Legs       = Platz

Sam

• Getbig IV
  • I just shoot the bastards.....Thats my policy!
« Reply #143 on: November 22, 2014, 05:49:16 PM »
YATES...COLEMAN........C OLEMAN.....YATES.......

Immortal_Technique

• Getbig IV
  • "It's all a bunch of shit, I say fuck it" - DF
« Reply #144 on: November 22, 2014, 06:31:31 PM »
150lb DB shoulder press at a bodyweight 50lbs less than Coleman in CoR only doing 160s.

that's like 67 KG, and I can do 50KG natural for like 4 reps, so really this is unimpressive bollocks and doesn't mean anything

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • I ate an entire box of popsicles the day prior
« Reply #145 on: November 22, 2014, 06:49:53 PM »
hulkotron is a very hard charger in the iron asylum.

Thanks my friend, yes I have a love affair with the iron.

juicemachine

« Reply #146 on: November 23, 2014, 01:12:06 AM »
that's like 67 KG, and I can do 50KG natural for like 4 reps, so really this is unimpressive bollocks and doesn't mean anything
  ::)

old-school-lifter

• Getbig IV
« Reply #147 on: November 23, 2014, 08:35:33 PM »
that jon meadows guy looks like a 60 year old luke wood

local hero

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • mma finance warrior of peace
« Reply #148 on: November 23, 2014, 09:03:07 PM »

You mean your grind your shoulder joints into dust trying to force them up, whilest Dorian used a controlled movement , feeling his delts doing the work

juicemachine

« Reply #149 on: November 23, 2014, 10:00:59 PM »
You mean your grind your shoulder joints into dust trying to force them up, whilest Dorian used a controlled movement , feeling his delts doing the work
:D ;D