Author Topic: Anyone know of some good notropics ("smart drugs")?  (Read 12166 times)

Necrosis

• Getbig V
Re: Anyone know of some good notropics ("smart drugs")?
« Reply #25 on: December 14, 2007, 09:50:15 PM »
  You're speaking Greek :-[
[/quote

sorry for the medical jargon, i just find the words more correct but i will clarify if some people are interested in anything in the post they might not understand.

suckmymuscle

« Reply #26 on: December 14, 2007, 10:58:01 PM »
  You're speaking Greek :-[

Really? The pharmacological and biochemical lexicon used there is actually very basic. Anyone with no more than 2 years of college organic chemistry would have no problem understanding it. If you find this complicated, I have no idea what you would find simple.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

suckmymuscle

« Reply #27 on: December 14, 2007, 11:01:28 PM »
  I must point that monoamine-oxidase B inhibitors, like selegiline, might turn out to be far more effective on a miligram to miligram basis to load the pre-synaptic cleft with dopamine than GABA-derived dopamine antagonists like piracetam. The problem is that selegiline is much harder to get by than piracetam - and also it is a controlled substance.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #28 on: December 15, 2007, 04:38:12 PM »
  I must point that monoamine-oxidase B inhibitors, like selegiline, might turn out to be far more effective on a miligram to miligram basis to load the pre-synaptic cleft with dopamine than GABA-derived dopamine antagonists like piracetam. The problem is that selegiline is much harder to get by than piracetam - and also it is a controlled substance.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

you can import a three month supply from abroad and its completely lega.  Ive done it a few times.  Its just a bit more expensive
A

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: December 15, 2007, 05:24:33 PM »
you can import a three month supply from abroad and its completely lega.  Ive done it a few times.  Its just a bit more expensive

its a very potent dopamine agonist, lower doses seem to work much better. how do you find it? any anti depressant effect? does it increase anxiety and agitation.

trab

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: December 15, 2007, 05:28:58 PM »

SUCKMYMUSCLE

And your afraid of steroids?  ::)
I bet Your #1 intake is warm liquid protine... Both oral and rectal.

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: December 15, 2007, 07:07:59 PM »

deprenyl has shown to extend life in rats up to 20% and may offer some of the same life extending properties in humans, i would say it would add a couple of quality years to your life. its an life extenstion drug. it has little sides, and numerous quality of life producing benefits. steriods tend to shorten the life span, and can result in lower quality of life in the long haul, deprenyl is the opposite.

BFP

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #32 on: December 15, 2007, 07:13:02 PM »

SUCKMYMUSCLE

Ive found that selegiline should be taken with stims for the best effect.  Like I said before, Im not a fan of the piracetam (my least favorite racetam) due to the wierd dosage curve.  If you are worried about the legalities, I think you would find oxiracetam to be a much better option.

Jason

trab

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: December 15, 2007, 07:45:07 PM »
deprenyl has shown to extend life in rats up to 20% and may offer some of the same life extending properties in humans, i would say it would add a couple of quality years to your life. its an life extenstion drug. it has little sides, and numerous quality of life producing benefits. steriods tend to shorten the life span, and can result in lower quality of life in the long haul, deprenyl is the opposite.

"May"   ::)
You dont know tomorow kiddie.
Ive allready outlived a antisteroid Dr I had, and he was younger than I... ;)
Enjoy....

suckmymuscle

« Reply #34 on: December 15, 2007, 07:50:43 PM »

Every drug has an array of effects, both positive and negative you moron. I never recommended selegiline for health, but for loading the pre-synaptic cleft of neuronal axons by inhibiting monoamine-oxidase B. Just like steroids, it has it's pros and cons. Having said that, I believe that the cons of androgens, especially 17-alpha-alkylated ones, is much greater than selegiline. Now STFU because the adults are having a conversation. ;)

SUCKMYMUSCLE

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: December 15, 2007, 07:58:42 PM »
"May"   ::)
You dont know tomorow kiddie.
Ive allready outlived a antisteroid Dr I had, and he was younger than I... ;)
Enjoy....

sorry i geuss your not aware that science doesnt have all the answers. its a very popular drug among life extension proponents and doctors in europe. as an anti depressant it has few sides and many benefits, like increased libido which is often surpressed in some depressants like ssris etc..

i never said steriods where bad, but are definitly way more dangerous then deprenyl for the most part. i like steriods for hrt and when im older i wouldnt be adverse to taking them at low dosage to maintain some of the benefits. taking drugs at the level bodybuilders do is abuse, they are drug addicts. appropriate dosages done right can be very beneficial in the long term.

just because you outlived your doctor doesnt mean shit, its funny that you point out MAY like i dont have proof, but you use a retarded example like you outliving your doctor as proof that steriods arent bad. i suppose if i get hit  by a car tommorrow and you outlive me, then steriods are safe. all drugs have problems and benefits, but national level, and pros are drugs abusing addicts(without the physical dependency), you cant disagree with that.

trab

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: December 15, 2007, 07:59:12 PM »
  Every drug has an array of effects, both positive and negative you moron. I never recommended selegiline for health, but for loading the pre-synaptic cleft of neuronal axons by inhibiting monoamine-oxidase B. Just like steroids, it has it's pros and cons. Having said that, I believe that the cons of androgens, especially 17-alpha-alkylated ones, is much greater than selegiline. Now STFU because the adults are having a conversation. ;)

SUCKMYMUSCLE

Adult, you little piss ant bitch... Your punk ass was still shittin itself while I was humpin fassion modle material chicks...
And I still am...  ;D

trab

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: December 15, 2007, 08:02:55 PM »
sorry i geuss your not aware that science doesnt have all the answers. its a very popular drug among life extension proponents and doctors in europe. as an anti depressant it has few sides and many benefits, like increased libido which is often surpressed in some depressants like ssris etc..

i never said steriods where bad, but are definitly way more dangerous then deprenyl for the most part. i like steriods for hrt and when im older i wouldnt be adverse to taking them at low dosage to maintain some of the benefits. taking drugs at the level bodybuilders do is abuse, they are drug addicts. appropriate dosages done right can be very beneficial in the long term.

just because you outlived your doctor doesnt mean shit, its funny that you point out MAY like i dont have proof, but you use a retarded example like you outliving your doctor as proof that steriods arent bad. i suppose if i get hit  by a car tommorrow and you outlive me, then steriods are safe. all drugs have problems and benefits, but national level, and pros are drugs abusing addicts(without the physical dependency), you cant disagree with that.

Many are abusing, but youd be surprised how many dont abuse. They are just big to start.
"All drugs" is the excuse of the ppl who dont gain.  Some these big boys are on womens cycles.
Shit, there giant dudes taht are natural, juice them up and ya'd have a 500lb guy.

The Master

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: December 15, 2007, 08:11:31 PM »
Many are abusing, but youd be surprised how many dont abuse. They are just big to start.
"All drugs" is the excuse of the ppl who dont gain.  Some these big boys are on womens cycles.
Shit, there giant dudes taht are natural, juice them up and ya'd have a 500lb guy.

IDIOST

suckmymuscle

« Reply #39 on: December 15, 2007, 08:26:20 PM »

IDIOST

He is definitely a moron. You can see by his grammatical and ortographic mistakes, as well as his poor ability to infer and deduce logically, that he is not intelligent. I do not even argue with him any more because frankly it's not worth it.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

Alex23

« Reply #40 on: December 15, 2007, 08:28:02 PM »
there are a few nootropics that i routinely use.

for beginners any of the cetam's would be a good choice, with piracetam, aniracetam, oxiaracetam being the most popular wiht piracetam being the mildest. some normal nootrophics people might know of a vasodialators like ginko biloba and a good standby called bacopa monerii which is both a carminitive as well as mast cells stabilizer. you would have to add a choline donor such as alpha gpc or choline bitarate to avoid fuzziness. most of cetams have anxiolytic effects as well.

subletamine is another highly effective nootropic which is higly effect, there are others like  Huperzine A 
Galantamine,Idebenone,DMAE,  Acetyl L-Carnitine,Pyritinol,Centrophenoxine etc..  but youd have to do your research if you where to use some of these compounds as you could build quite a stack if you had some knowledge.

another novel nootropic i have used is picamilon which is basically gaba bound to niacin which allows for access to the brain, because gaba does not cross the BBB via oral administration. it is mainly used as an anxiolytic, anti depressant, but has a unique stimulating, and relaxing effect at high doses, its also cheap!!

my adivice is to stick with a cetam, most likely piracetam as its mild and most studied. all nootrophics are inherently toxic, and may potentiate glutamate degeneration as seen in alzheimers. the info is clouded with some studies showing neuroprotection while others showing possible toxicity not related to drug levels. thus try piracetam at low-moderate doses, and you may potentiate it with a vasodialator like picamilon or gingko if you need a little more kick. good old caffiene is a nice nootrophic as well which shows increase in global concentration. thats a bit of info but its a run down of some, as there are many with many many mechanisms of action.

Any pharmaceutical names?

[tag: search]

BFP

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #41 on: December 15, 2007, 08:34:16 PM »
Any pharmaceutical names?

[tag: search]

Everything in that post, save for the seligiline and sulbutamine can be had over the counter.

Jason

Alex23

« Reply #42 on: December 15, 2007, 08:37:30 PM »
Everything in that post, save for the seligiline and sulbutamine can be had over the counter.

Jason

Oh I'll look for it then... I'm witty by nature so imagine what a dopamine release inhibitor could do.

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: December 15, 2007, 08:39:00 PM »

Jason

sulbutamine can be bought at bulk nutrition, i didnt think it was controlled.

smartnutrition is a great

BFP

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #44 on: December 15, 2007, 09:08:32 PM »
sulbutamine can be bought at bulk nutrition, i didnt think it was controlled.

smartnutrition is a great

o'rly?  Perhaps Im confused.  I thought it was controlled.  Im an idiot sometimes I guess ;D

uniquenutrition.net can get everything mentioned in this thread.  Everything.

Jason

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: December 15, 2007, 09:14:59 PM »
o'rly?  Perhaps Im confused.  I thought it was controlled.  Im an idiot sometimes I guess ;D

uniquenutrition.net can get everything mentioned in this thread.  Everything.

Jason

unique nutrition is awesome also, lots of good euro drugs there too like tianeptine

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: January 05, 2008, 10:03:34 AM »
Oh I'll look for it then... I'm witty by nature so imagine what a dopamine release inhibitor could do.

Alex did you get any yet? Let us know if you have tried it.

macro

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #47 on: March 14, 2008, 10:43:01 AM »
selegiline and neurogenex are quite effective.

cardiovascular training

Hydration (mental and physical performance suffer without it)