Author Topic: RYAN KENNELLY 1050 POUND BENCH!!!  (Read 2315 times)

MisterMagoo

• Getbig V
  • And now, what joy will I have left to live for?
RYAN KENNELLY 1050 POUND BENCH!!!
« on: December 04, 2007, 02:41:33 PM »
 :o :o

yeah yeah, it's a shirt, but fuck me that's a lot of weight. and in case you're wondering what happened at the end, after he got the 'rack' command, he missed putting it back on the uprights so they had to help him get it back on.

apparently he wanted to hit 1100 but they couldn't fit the plates on the bar, so he had to try 1105 and barely missed the lockout. not to mention he hit 605x2 raw for his warmup like it was 225. dude is just inhuman.

EDIT: wrong youtube clip initially, my bad.

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
Re: RYAN KENNELLY 1050 POUND BENCH!!!
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2007, 02:50:06 PM »
I'm sure the dude is insanely strong, and I'm probably missing some technical minutae, but *fark* it looked like he handled that weight (pretty easily, mind you) through only about a 1.5" ROM.  ???

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2007, 02:54:29 PM »
that's impressive shirt or not.

_bruce_

• Getbig V
  • Sam Sesambröt Sulek
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2007, 03:27:01 PM »
Makes we wonder that his elbows don't break?

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2007, 03:51:25 PM »
holy shit Ryan is one strong motherfuccker. :o

dorkeroo

• Getbig IV
  • I need steroids for the brain.
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2007, 06:05:35 PM »
I'm sure the dude is insanely strong, and I'm probably missing some technical minutae, but *fark* it looked like he handled that weight (pretty easily, mind you) through only about a 1.5" ROM.  ???

I honestly think lifts like these must make Kaz want to puke. Strong dude, no question, but, there is no way this guy is almore 400 pounds stronger than Kaz on the bench. The equipment is ruining the sport.

MisterMagoo

• Getbig V
  • And now, what joy will I have left to live for?
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2007, 07:34:00 PM »
I honestly think lifts like these must make Kaz want to puke. Strong dude, no question, but, there is no way this guy is almore 400 pounds stronger than Kaz on the bench. The equipment is ruining the sport.

it's a different lift. no one's suggesting that ryan's 1050 is comparable to kaz's lifts any more than we can compare any other sport records after advances in equipment.

regardless, there are a few raw benchers out there who can top kaz's record. hoornstra, probably kennelly, winters is up there, mendy, etc.

chris_mason

• Getbig IV
  • Owner AtLarge Nutrition
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2007, 07:35:53 PM »

Lol, perhaps not, but he IS stronger on the bench than Kaz ever was.  Of that, there is no doubt. 
w

Bast000

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Team Malk-Gallon
« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2007, 07:36:11 PM »
very strong but very short range of motion.

dorkeroo

• Getbig IV
  • I need steroids for the brain.
« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2007, 08:18:38 PM »
it's a different lift. no one's suggesting that ryan's 1050 is comparable to kaz's lifts any more than we can compare any other sport records after advances in equipment.

regardless, there are a few raw benchers out there who can top kaz's record. hoornstra, probably kennelly, winters is up there, mendy, etc.

You are correct there are some stronger benchers, however, I really just don't agree with the suits and shirts being used. I have been lifting weights for too long. I also ran competitive track for years and aside from spikes we didn't use anything else to get ourselves around the track. Rocket boosters would speed things up a notch there, but, it would be stupid. If people like the shirts and other equipment that is alright, but, logically I don't think it makes much sense.

PANDAEMONIUM

• Getbig V
  • Scourge of the Northern Gods
« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2007, 08:21:58 PM »
I-N-S-A-N-E :o

SS

• Getbig V
  • The new and improved SS.
« Reply #11 on: December 04, 2007, 08:27:02 PM »
You are correct there are some stronger benchers, however, I really just don't agree with the suits and shirts being used. I have been lifting weights for too long. I also ran competitive track for years and aside from spikes we didn't use anything else to get ourselves around the track. Rocket boosters would speed things up a notch there, but, it would be stupid. If people like the shirts and other equipment that is alright, but, logically I don't think it makes much sense.
Not a fan of shirts myself but at that kind of weight it's more of a safety device.

England_1

• Getbig IV
« Reply #12 on: December 04, 2007, 08:53:00 PM »
Lol, perhaps not, but he IS stronger on the bench than Kaz ever was.  Of that, there is no doubt. 

Kaz was the strongest man to ever live. Hope this helps.
Team Yates

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #13 on: December 04, 2007, 09:06:44 PM »
Can we prove that some way? Is that possible?   :-\