Author Topic: Done with GNC! Where to get good, cheaper supplements.  (Read 3782 times)

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: Done with GNC! Where to get good, cheaper supplements.
« Reply #25 on: January 13, 2008, 08:22:55 PM »
As it turns out, those IsoPure Mass RTDs were still available for $1.10. So, I got 5 of them. With the Gold Card Markdown, they ended up costing $0.88 each.

And, although it was past Gold Card week yesterday, I found another product on clearance: A bottle of ThermoGain for $12.50.

It's as I've said before. All you have to do is be patient and wait, and GNC will start marking down stuff, which you can buy for prices that are (in some cases) better than those on online stores.

jacked up

• Getbig I
  • Getbig!
« Reply #26 on: January 15, 2008, 06:54:06 AM »

busyB

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Have a Nice Day!
« Reply #27 on: January 15, 2008, 07:11:54 AM »
As it turns out, those IsoPure Mass RTDs were still available for $1.10. So, I got 5 of them. With the Gold Card Markdown, they ended up costing $0.88 each.

And, although it was past Gold Card week yesterday, I found another product on clearance: A bottle of ThermoGain for $12.50.

It's as I've said before. All you have to do is be patient and wait, and GNC will start marking down stuff, which you can buy for prices that are (in some cases) better than those on online stores.

You mean, wait for the product to expire or close to it, then buy it up!

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #28 on: January 15, 2008, 09:17:31 AM »
You mean, wait for the product to expire or close to it, then buy it up!

Yes, indeed!!! The RTDs I got a couple of weeks ago were due to "expire" this month. But, they'll be gone before Jan. 31.

And, GNC isn't the only place that does this. Vitamin Shoppe has its clearance table, too. And on it, (in Altamonte Springs, FL) I found jugs of HDT's 5+1 whey protein powder for $10 each.

Blockhead

• Toms
  • Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: January 15, 2008, 10:07:21 AM »

Still pledging your allegience to MUSCLE TECH, huh?

Tool!
?

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #30 on: January 15, 2008, 10:31:47 AM »
Still pledging your allegience to MUSCLE TECH, huh?

Tool!

Oh YES!!!! That's why I got those bottles of IsoPure Mass.....WAIT A MINUTE!!! Those are made by Nature's Best!!

But, that would explain why, a few weeks earlier, I got those 4-packs of Myoplex.......OOPS!! EAS makes those.

Then again, I did buy nearly a dozen 50 Grand Slam RTDs.......OOOOHHHHHH!!! That's GNC's brand.

Let's see: I've mentioned several products from several different companies, yet you pop up and display your royal brand of silliness, simply because, on one particular trip, I picked up a MuscleTech product.

Oh, I forgot!!! Your senseless and pointless crusade, as the self-appointed supplement police, was supposed to drive MuscleTech out of business.  Well, it appears that, either you've been off-duty or your efforts are bearing no fruit, because MuscleTech is alive and well, producing more supplements and putting them on shelves.

NEXT!!!!

busyB

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Have a Nice Day!
« Reply #31 on: January 15, 2008, 11:02:10 AM »
Do you have stock options with GNC?  ::)

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #32 on: January 15, 2008, 12:04:17 PM »

Let me get this straight:

- If I get any good deals from GNC, I have "stock options" with the company.

- If I use any MuscleTech supplements, I'm "pledging allegiance" to the company.

- If I work out at Bally, I'm a personal trainer there.

- If I read FLEX, I'm one of the writers on staff with Weider Publications.

This is really starting to get silly, here.

I guess you missed my posts about Vitamin Shoppe, the most recent being about the 6-lb. jugs of whey protein I got for $10 each.

This thread is about where to get good supplements at cheap prices. GNC is one such store.....IF again you simply have some patience (and if you have a Gold Card, handy).

busyB

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Have a Nice Day!
« Reply #33 on: January 15, 2008, 12:31:28 PM »
Let me get this straight:

- If I get any good deals from GNC, I have "stock options" with the company.

- If I use any MuscleTech supplements, I'm "pledging allegiance" to the company.

- If I work out at Bally, I'm a personal trainer there.

- If I read FLEX, I'm one of the writers on staff with Weider Publications.

This is really starting to get silly, here.

I guess you missed my posts about Vitamin Shoppe, the most recent being about the 6-lb. jugs of whey protein I got for $10 each.

This thread is about where to get good supplements at cheap prices. GNC is one such store.....IF again you simply have some patience (and if you have a Gold Card, handy).

MCWAY, just fucking with you man, you are a smart shopper, relax a bit, take a deep breath...

I am thankful for the freinds I have in the industry so I get most products a bit above their cost, usually 20-30% below wholesale. However, I am also a believer in supporting anyone other than GNC or Vitamin Shope or Internet stores, just my .2 cents.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #34 on: January 15, 2008, 12:41:43 PM »
MCWAY, just fucking with you man, you are a smart shopper, relax a bit, take a deep breath...

I am thankful for the freinds I have in the industry so I get most products a bit above their cost, usually 20-30% below wholesale. However, I am also a believer in supporting anyone other than GNC or Vitamin Shope or Internet stores, just my .2 cents.

OK, I'll grab the ears......WOOOO-SAAAAAAHHH!!!!!  ;D

I just believe that good deals are where you find them and yes, they can be found at GNC.

Havenbull

• Getbig IV
  • Damn it
« Reply #35 on: January 15, 2008, 01:32:27 PM »

They're not publicly traded, genius

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #36 on: January 15, 2008, 01:48:29 PM »

Havenbull seems to have the skinny on GNC stuff. When I was raving about all the GAKIC I was getting as a huge discount, he informed me that the powdered version (what I was buying at the time) was being discontinued, hence the reason for the much-lower prices.

I wonder if that's the case for ThermoGain, hence the reason for the $12.50 price I got, this past weekend. Or, it might just be that this particular bottle is expiring in two months.

Brandon 805

• Getbig II
« Reply #37 on: January 15, 2008, 02:02:13 PM »
bodybuildingoutlet.com super good prices

busyB

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Have a Nice Day!
« Reply #38 on: January 15, 2008, 05:53:51 PM »

Yeah, again, was FUCKING with him but thanks for the lesson professor  ;)

Havenbull

• Getbig IV
  • Damn it
« Reply #39 on: January 15, 2008, 06:01:55 PM »
Yeah, again, was FUCKING with him but thanks for the lesson professor  ;)

My pleasure.  GNC is owned by the Canadian Teachers Pension Fund Association.