Author Topic: Shogun vs. Tito at UFC 83?  (Read 6765 times)

*ChuteBoxe*

• Getbig IV
Shogun vs. Tito at UFC 83?
« on: December 04, 2007, 09:27:50 PM »
Mauricio "Shogun" Rua will return at UFC 83. Who he will fight is yet to be revealed, but we'll try to shed some light on the subject.

At Cage Rage 24, Murilo "Ninja" Rua defeated Xavier Foupa-Pokam to move to an impressive 3-0 in Cage Rage events. In his corner was his younger brother, Mauricio "Shogun" Rua, who has made a huge impact on the entire sport of MMA. After the event, Shogun revealed to the press and to fans that he would be returning to the Octogan at UFC 83. No opponent has been named.

Although an opponent hasn't been named, according to Shogun's management there is a strong possibility of him fighting Tito Ortiz. Although this is currently just a name being thrown around, rumors often come true.

Predictions
 40/61

Mark Kerr

• Getbig IV
Re: Shogun vs. Tito at UFC 83?
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2007, 06:47:45 AM »
This would be a good fight. That is if Shogun doesn't gas with in a couple of minutes of the first round. ::)

danielson

• Getbig V
  • Basile likes young lads
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2007, 07:40:53 AM »
This would be a good fight. That is if Shogun doesn't gas with in a couple of minutes of the first round. ::)

Yeah he looked bad against Forrest. I watched it again last night. Pretty good fight though. Tito would kill that guy, he doesn't have enough heart to get into decent shape and we know Tito will come in in top condition. 
E

Mark Kerr

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2007, 07:50:54 AM »
Yeah he looked bad against Forrest. I watched it again last night. Pretty good fight though. Tito would kill that guy, he doesn't have enough heart to get into decent shape and we know Tito will come in in top condition. 

The thing about Shogun is, he's still young. I think he's only 26. Give the guy a coulpe of more years fighting. He is already a great fighter.

danielson

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2007, 07:53:48 AM »
The thing about Shogun is, he's still young. I think he's only 26. Give the guy a coulpe of more years fighting. He is already a great fighter.

He may turn out to be good in the UFC, but he has to get in shape for his fights, that was horrible how quickly he gassed against Forrest.
E

*ChuteBoxe*

• Getbig IV
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2007, 07:56:41 AM »
Shogun isn't a KO puncher and his wrestling sucks, Tito would more than likely take him down at will and lay on him for three rounds.
Predictions
 40/61

danielson

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2007, 07:59:12 AM »
Shogun isn't a KO puncher and his wrestling sucks, Tito would more than likely take him down at will and lay on him for three rounds.

I think Shogun should beat someone before he gets a main event personally. Too many good people at 205 and Tito is getting old, no need to throw him in there with a kid that doesn't take the sport serious.
E

MindSpin

• Getbig V
  • MMA > Boxing
« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2007, 08:03:44 AM »
Tito would have his hands full with Shogun...if amphetamines & cheque drops were allowed in the UFC.  This would be a great fight...hope it happens.
w

danielson

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2007, 08:05:07 AM »
Tito would have his hands full with Shogun...if amphetamines & cheque drops were allowed in the UFC.  This would be a great fight...hope it happens.

You must have missed the Forrest- Shogun fight. The kid has no heart. He couldn't even hold his hands up to block his face :o
E

MindSpin

• Getbig V
  • MMA > Boxing
« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2007, 08:05:36 AM »
I think Shogun should beat someone before he gets a main event personally. Too many good people at 205 and Tito is getting old, no need to throw him in there with a kid that doesn't take the sport serious.

You think Tito is getting old?  I think a combination of injuries and lack of focus have resulted in weak performances by an otherwise animal in the cage...
w

Mark Kerr

• Getbig IV
« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2007, 08:06:18 AM »

Shogun beat the shit out of the current UFC champ. Shogun didn't train properly for his last fight with forrest. The guy got married two weeks before that fight.

MindSpin

• Getbig V
  • MMA > Boxing
« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2007, 08:06:42 AM »
You must have missed the Forrest- Shogun fight. The kid has no heart. He couldn't even hold his hands up to block his face :o

Of course I watched it.  It was a HUGE upset...and I picked Forrest for the win!  Have you seen his pride fights?
w

danielson

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2007, 08:10:31 AM »
Of course I watched it.  It was a HUGE upset...and I picked Forrest for the win!  Have you seen his pride fights?

Yes, a few of them. Let me tell you something you may not know about Pride. They were allowed to take drugs over there, so you need to remember that and the only thing you can use to accurately guage their abilities are their drug tested fights. He looked average at best against Forrest. Other than the money he is getting paid, I don't see why he deserves a fight with Tito ???
E

MindSpin

• Getbig V
  • MMA > Boxing
« Reply #13 on: December 05, 2007, 08:13:30 AM »
Yes, a few of them. Let me tell you something you may not know about Pride. They were allowed to take drugs over there, so you need to remember that and the only thing you can use to accurately guage their abilities are their drug tested fights. He looked average at best against Forrest. Other than the money he is getting paid, I don't see why he deserves a fight with Tito ???

I just referenced the Pride drug usage a few posts up...
w

Mark Kerr

• Getbig IV
« Reply #14 on: December 05, 2007, 08:14:50 AM »

The fighters in the UFC are taking drugs also.

danielson

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: December 05, 2007, 08:15:24 AM »
I just referenced the Pride drug usage a few posts up...

Yes I realize that. I was merely pointing out that it doesn't matter what the guy did in Japan if he can't fight in the Octagon.  :P
E

danielson

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: December 05, 2007, 08:16:38 AM »
The fighters in the UFC are taking drugs also.

When they get caught they get sanctioned, no? Were Pride fighters even tested for steroids?
E

Mark Kerr

• Getbig IV
« Reply #17 on: December 05, 2007, 08:29:14 AM »
When they get caught they get sanctioned, no? Were Pride fighters even tested for steroids?

No, Pride fighters were not tested. However, in the UFC it's obvoius that these guy's are taking GH. Which is not detected in a drug test.

Randy Couture is on HRT replacement. So, he has an excuse for high levels of testostrone.

Do you think it's ok for Couture to take GH and Test?

Cro Cop and shogun are completely clean.

danielson

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: December 05, 2007, 08:31:36 AM »
No, Pride fighters were not tested. However, in the UFC it's obvoius that these guy's are taking GH. Which is not detected in a drug test.

Randy Couture is on HRT replacement. So, he has an excuse for high levels of testostrone.

Do you think it's ok for Couture to take GH and Test?

First I am gonna need a link that says he is on HRT. Then I am gonna need a link that says he is going to even fight in the UFC anymore and then I need a link to one of his fights with Cro-Crop or Shogun. Not sure how an ex UFC fighter got brought into this ???
E

Mark Kerr

• Getbig IV
« Reply #19 on: December 05, 2007, 08:48:08 AM »
First I am gonna need a link that says he is on HRT. Then I am gonna need a link that says he is going to even fight in the UFC anymore and then I need a link to one of his fights with Cro-Crop or Shogun. Not sure how an ex UFC fighter got brought into this ???

I'm saying the Pride fighters in the UFC are clean, and the old UFC fighters are getting around the drug test. Here is an article on Couture. I will post the audio version of Joe Rogans interview when I'm not at work.

Randy “The Natural” Couture has been quoted as saying that there’s a “Steroid witch hunt” with him in the crosshairs. ONE DAY before UFC 74, Joe Rogan, the UFC’s color commentator, added fuel to this fire when he did a guest spot on ESPNEWS to promote the Pay-Per-View event by claiming that Couture had undergone “hormone replacement therapy” and applauded what modern science could do for older fighters.

The single biggest catastrophe that the UFC could face would be a steroid controversy surrounding one not only it’s World Heavyweight Champion, but one of it’s most popular and well-known fighters. A catastrophe that could spell not just the end of the MMA “revolution”, but the end of the UFC as we know it.

Let us not forget, by the way, that “Hormone replacement therapy” is still steroids. If it’s true, so be it; Couture did it to himself. If it’s not true, shame on Joe Rogan for tainting one of the promotions top fighters. Steroids, in this day and age, are no laughing matter. They are taken as seriously as any other allegation in today’s sports world.

The UFC’s hands are tied to a certain degree as well. They can only test before a fight and not in the weeks spent training. If a fighter knows exactly how long a certain chemical takes to leave his or her body, they can take whatever they like and do as they please as long as they’re clean when they test, both before the fight and after. I applaud the UFC’s drug policy and it’s strict repercussions a positive test incurs, but in some ways the system could be changed for the better without impeding a fighters training.

The UFC must, after all, be sure that none of it’s current Champions are ’roid users. They must also make sure that no NEW Champion is a ’roid user, either. The UFC has an obligation to itself to make sure that each and every fight is as clean as it can possibly be.

MindSpin

• Getbig V
  • MMA > Boxing
« Reply #20 on: December 05, 2007, 08:53:41 AM »

Ha ha ha,,,LMAO!
w

20inch calves

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: December 05, 2007, 08:58:45 AM »

apparently you haven't seen any of his pride fights
irongearco.com

danielson

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: December 05, 2007, 08:59:49 AM »

apparently you haven't seen any of his pride fights

Sure I have. I am commenting on his octagon skills.
E

20inch calves

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: December 05, 2007, 09:13:21 AM »
Sure I have. I am commenting on his octagon skills.

so u make a judgement about him from one fight (after a long lay off) and forget about all of his great fights
irongearco.com

danielson

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: December 05, 2007, 09:15:13 AM »

so u make a judgement about him from one fight (after a long lay off) and forget about all of his great fights

Yes I do. It's becoming a trend that these Pride guys get their money in the UFC so they think they don't have to train hard. Frankly, I am sick of it. Put Shogun on the TUF finale card or something.
E