Author Topic: Powerlifting pair charged with string of bank robberies  (Read 1957 times)

dantelis

• Getbig IV
  • Mesmerizing, isn't it.
Powerlifting pair charged with string of bank robberies
« on: December 05, 2007, 07:53:01 AM »
The writer refers to them as bodybuilders but sounds more like they are powerlifters.  (Very apparent when you see the pics of the woman.  She's a bit fat for a bodybuilder.)  Some stories say that Palmer was a powerlifter once known as the "world's Strongest."  Guess he will have lots of time to train in jail.

http://www.whas11.com/topstories/stories/120407whasmjdTopBankRobbers.699d3329.html

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
Re: Powerlifting pair charged with string of bank robberies
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2007, 07:54:54 AM »
very exciting news, thanks man. ::)

Mars

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2007, 07:55:44 AM »
thats not ronnie coleman.

dantelis

• Getbig IV
  • Mesmerizing, isn't it.
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2007, 08:09:22 AM »
very exciting news, thanks man. ::)

It is exciting.  I thought sure that the bank robber would be you, Squadfather, but then I saw that he had a girlfriend and was described as the "World's Strongest Powerlifter" and knew it couldn't be.  Also, the clincher was the picture...it was clear and wasn't taken as a reflection in a sliding glass door.    ;D

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2007, 08:10:28 AM »
It is exciting.  I thought sure that the bank robber would be you, Squadfather, but then I saw that he had a girlfriend and was described as the "World's Strongest Powerlifter" and knew it couldn't be.  Also, the clincher was the picture...it was clear and wasn't taken as a reflection in a sliding glass door.    ;D
hahahaa, as opposed to your picture which is so clear...........wait a minute, you don't have a picture posted, nevermind. :D

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2007, 08:17:22 AM »

What an idiot.  Dude had an excellent physique.

He could've made a fortune in G4P.

Now he's gonna be G4free in prison. 

BEAST 8692

• Getbig IV
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2007, 08:28:17 AM »
cut these guys some slack.

gh, igf 1 and roids aren't cheap these days you know. >:(

20inch calves

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2007, 08:53:04 AM »
she is not very pretty now is she
irongearco.com

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2007, 08:58:54 AM »

World's Strongest Man
Indy's Ron Palmer is "The Michael Jordan of Powerlifting"

It’s fall of 1991, a Friday evening. Ronald Palmer, a student and soccer player for Long Beach Community College, goes through a routine workout at the school’s gym. A routine bench press.

Another student above him raises a dumbbell and begins his routine “reps.” But he forgets to secure the clamp that holds the 25-pound plate in place. A simple mistake. He raises the dumbbell and the weight slips.

A routine shatters. Twenty-five pounds comes crashing down on Palmer’s head.
There’s no blood — no problem. “I just blacked out for a moment.” Palmer returns to his dorm room and falls asleep.

You will never be the same. Here is a cane. Here are suggestions about how to live your new life. Apply for SSI.

The next day, Saturday, is soccer day. Palmer’s father drives to Long Beach to see the game. Something’s missing. Where’s Ron?

In his room, Palmer sleeps. A deep sleep. Ron Palmer is comatose.

Where’s Ron?

Dad enters Palmer’s room. He won’t wake up.

Hours later, Palmer is in surgery. A softball-size blood clot is being removed from his brain.

You will need to relearn how to walk and talk. You’ll never be the same.

Today, Palmer is officially, pound-for-pound, “the world’s strongest man.” He is one of two men who has lifted 12 times his body weight. Arnold Schwarzenegger called him “the Michael Jordan of powerlifting.”

::)

http://www.nuvo.net/archive/2003/06/25/worlds_strongest_man.html

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2007, 09:22:18 AM »

The strongest man in the world walks into a bar …

It must feel good, knowing that all eyes are on you; women stare, men avoid eye contact when possible and smile uneasily when eyes meet.

“Yeah, I guess, that’s OK,” Palmer reflects. “Powerlifting and bodybuilding are really ego-driven. I’m not an ego-driven guy. Most people who know me think that I’m pretty humble.”

Palmer hopes to put more time into the Lionheart Charity Foundation, an organization he and Tilson have created. He explains that the purpose of the foundation will be to help underprivileged children through mentoring. “My life is about overcoming. I want to encourage others that through strength — like that of a lion — and heart, people can overcome anything. I want to be a living example that, no matter what the tragedy, you can succeed.”

Last Christmas, the two staged a Lionheart Tournament, in which each participant had to bring a toy that would later be distributed among needy children. More than 500 toys were collected, toys that were distributed to underprivileged children by Palmer acting as Santa Claus and the 6-foot-4 Tilson as the unlikely elf.

gordiano

• Getbig V
  • TEAM "CUTE PENIS", TEAM TRIFLIN' RONNIE COLEMAN
« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2007, 09:51:03 AM »
The strongest man in the world walks into a bar …

It must feel good, knowing that all eyes are on you; women stare, men avoid eye contact when possible and smile uneasily when eyes meet.

“Yeah, I guess, that’s OK,” Palmer reflects. “Powerlifting and bodybuilding are really ego-driven. I’m not an ego-driven guy. Most people who know me think that I’m pretty humble.”

Palmer hopes to put more time into the Lionheart Charity Foundation, an organization he and Tilson have created. He explains that the purpose of the foundation will be to help underprivileged children through mentoring. “My life is about overcoming. I want to encourage others that through strength — like that of a lion — and heart, people can overcome anything. I want to be a living example that, no matter what the tragedy, you can succeed.”

Last Christmas, the two staged a Lionheart Tournament, in which each participant had to bring a toy that would later be distributed among needy children. More than 500 toys were collected, toys that were distributed to underprivileged children by Palmer acting as Santa Claus and the 6-foot-4 Tilson as the unlikely elf.

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
HAHA, RON.....

dantelis

• Getbig IV
  • Mesmerizing, isn't it.
« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2007, 09:57:17 AM »

Maybe Palmer robbed the banks trying to raise some extra funds for his Lionheart Tournament this year.   ;D