Author Topic: Nubain feels like a warm blanket.  (Read 2864 times)

GetItOnNY

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
Re: Nubain feels like a warm blanket.
« Reply #25 on: December 07, 2007, 11:13:05 AM »
The Doctor I metioned is Dr Michael Levy his webiste is www.addictionhelp.com

Matt C

• Getbig V
  • The White Vince Goodrum
« Reply #26 on: December 07, 2007, 11:50:37 AM »
My drug of choice is the runners high. Talk about warm blanket.

Exactly!  I just thought of this description of nubain yesterday actually.  I was working out and followed that up with some time in the sauna, then the lawn chairs, then the hot tub, then the pool, and I repeated everything listed above (except for the workout of course).  I said to myself "Man this feels like a warm blanket" and it hit me that that is probably what drugs, and in particular, pain killers, must feel like.  No wonder drugs are a one trillion dollar a year market!  :o  :-\

That's what it feels like when it wears off. Cold WET sheets.  ;D ;D ;D

For a person who has never experienced a withdrawal from a drug, I have a really good idea of what it feels like, based on vivid descriptions like this one.  Very powerful and very scary drugs and if nubain does feel like a warm blanket, I can totally understand why people would be so addicted to it.

Matt C ROFL

I eat Nubain like it's my job

LOL!!!

http://www.chick.com/reading/tracts/1044/1044_01.asp?wpc=1044_01.asp&wpp=b
Bodybuilding Pro.com

GetItOnNY

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #27 on: December 07, 2007, 12:15:05 PM »

"Gym Drug" could be addictiveLV Health Magazine
November 2004
ATHLETES AND WEIGHTLIFTERS may be at risk fro developing severe drug addiction to the prescription drug Nubain. Dr. Michael Levy, founder and medical director of the Center for Addiction Medicine, says more people who spend considerable time at the gym use the drug for training purposes, only to form sever psychological or physical dependence.
"Nalbuphine hydrochloride, commonly marketed as the brand name Nubian, is and injectable synthetic analgesic available by prescription," Levy says. "We’re seeing more and more weightlifters and bodybuilders with an addiction to the drug, and most of them don’t realize the dangers when they take it."
Once a controlled substance, Nubain was removed from the Drug Enforcement Administration’s schedule of controlled substances in the 1970’s, arguing it had self-inhibiting and non-toxic characteristics and was therefore less attractive to addicts.
However, law enforcement authorities have begun to investigate physicians who prescribe Nubain for other than legitimate medical purposes. According to Levy, some bodybuilders see Nubain, or "Bain," as a way to alleviate the pain associated with heavy training and provides a mellowing effect.
"Bodybuilders use the drug because it masks pain and injury, allowing them to lift more weight and train longer," Levy says. "Unfortunately, a user’s tolerance for Nubain increases with use. Dosages must increase and be injected more frequently."
As injections become part of a routine, users develop a psychological dependence in which they cannot perform without Nubain. As part of the opiate family and closely related to drugs like heroine and morphine, the drug can also be physically addictive. Levy says treatments for Nubain addictions may include therapies used for other opioid addiction and may include detoxification.
"Some high profile bodybuilders have come forward with their addiction to Nubain, and shed some light on the seriousness of the issue," Levy says. "However, many athletes who use the drug don’t realize the dangers of chemical dependence, and may not realize the dangers of chemical dependence, and may not realize they need help."

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #28 on: December 07, 2007, 12:21:02 PM »
If there was ever a time for a Team Nubain, perhaps it is now.

Could it give Team Nasser a run for its money?

Matt C

• Getbig V
  • The White Vince Goodrum
« Reply #29 on: December 07, 2007, 12:29:08 PM »
If there was ever a time for a Team Nubain, perhaps it is now.

Could it give Team Nasser a run for its money?

http://www.chick.com/reading/tracts/0052/0052_01.asp
Bodybuilding Pro.com