Author Topic: Bush's Mortgage Medicine  (Read 2239 times)

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
Re: Bush's Mortgage Medicine
« Reply #25 on: December 08, 2007, 03:26:41 AM »
You think the current mortgage crisis is related to the Bush tax cuts?  How so? 

Many things are at Bush's feet, but not the mortgage crisis. 

When I do my own layman's analysis of the California bubble, the only thing one could link to Bush would be the dramatic increase in the price of a gallon of gas. 

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
« Reply #26 on: December 08, 2007, 04:11:42 AM »
I was talking more about this:  "Every honest, hard-working American should pay less in taxes."

Re a home based business, you can actually save quite a bit.  You don't have to alter rooms.  Just gotta make sure you have a good accountant. 

Exactly.  Running a business from home doesn't require any re-configuration, and there are different options for your home office deduction. 

In fact, you can get by with seeing your tax preparer as little as once per year, but use a CPA.  An upfront cost of less than $250 can save you thousands.   

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: December 08, 2007, 01:46:43 PM »
I was talking more about this:  "Every honest, hard-working American should pay less in taxes."

Re a home based business, you can actually save quite a bit.  You don't have to alter rooms.  Just gotta make sure you have a good accountant. 
so you're for the unhonest elite born with a platinum spoon scum paying even more in taxes and hard working Americans should pay even less... I agree :D

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #28 on: December 08, 2007, 05:03:06 PM »
current mortgage collapse (still will be happening for 2 more years, jsut as I've been shouting all along) is a result of....

stupid fcking people who bought a second home (or house beyond their means) using the awesome interest rates after 9/11 (many who were dumb enough to choose an adjustable rate under the greedy uneducated assumption rates would KEEP sinking) only to discover 5 years later than they can't afford.

Southwest FL is FULL of them.  Half the homes on my street (a damn nice area too) are for sale.  Most are 2nd homes that people bought as an investment.  Guess what - the home building explosion in 2001-3 was a lot higher than the population growth.  What did these people think?  Residents would magically appear to buy their extra home?  It's a renters paradise right now!

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #29 on: December 08, 2007, 05:36:39 PM »
so you're for the unhonest elite born with a platinum spoon scum paying even more in taxes and hard working Americans should pay even less... I agree :D

Nah.  :)  I think the vast majority of taxpayers work hard and deserve relief.   

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: December 08, 2007, 05:38:29 PM »
current mortgage collapse (still will be happening for 2 more years, jsut as I've been shouting all along) is a result of....

stupid fcking people who bought a second home (or house beyond their means) using the awesome interest rates after 9/11 (many who were dumb enough to choose an adjustable rate under the greedy uneducated assumption rates would KEEP sinking) only to discover 5 years later than they can't afford.

Southwest FL is FULL of them.  Half the homes on my street (a damn nice area too) are for sale.  Most are 2nd homes that people bought as an investment.  Guess what - the home building explosion in 2001-3 was a lot higher than the population growth.  What did these people think?  Residents would magically appear to buy their extra home?  It's a renters paradise right now!
that may make up part of it no doubt, but it's nowhere near a clear depiction of the scope of those involved.  Note that the bulk of these loans were handed out in 2003/2004 a 25 year high in home sales...  Why would that be...  I'm not saying that the people who bought homes under these loans arn't without blame, but they're not the only ones to blame either.