Author Topic: CNN Pulls Special on Iran's Nucular Threat called "We Were Warned!"  (Read 1847 times)

Decker

• Getbig V
HOLLYWOOD -- The latest National Intelligence Estimate (NIE) concluding that Iran discontinued its nuclear weapons program four years ago has claimed one casualty: CNN has postponed speculative documentary "We Were Warned -- Iran Goes Nuclear."

The two-hour spec, which was slated for Dec. 12 under the "CNN Presents" banner, was "set partially in the future," featuring a what-if scenario as former government officials -- playing fictional cabinet members -- debate how to deal with the Iranian threat.

http://www.variety.com/VR1117977083.html

So, the 'liberal media' stikes again. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Re: CNN Pulls Special on Iran's Nucular Threat called "We Were Warned!"
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2007, 12:33:11 AM »
What you will not hear is any discussion of whether the purported cessation of Iran's nuclear weapons program was a result of the Iraq invasion. 

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2007, 01:12:16 AM »
What you will not hear is any discussion of whether the purported cessation of Iran's nuclear weapons program was a result of the Iraq invasion. 
and this possibility would excuse the president's drive to war with Iran to stop their non existent nuclear program how?  You also don't hear much about how Iran took a 180 after 9/11 and we were headed in a very positive direction with Iran,... Until the president up and decided at a crazy whim to announce them as a three part axis of evil ::) Brilliant move...  or was it intentional sabotage ???

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2007, 02:03:30 AM »
and this possibility would excuse the president's drive to war with Iran to stop their non existent nuclear program how?  You also don't hear much about how Iran took a 180 after 9/11 and we were headed in a very positive direction with Iran,... Until the president up and decided at a crazy whim to announce them as a three part axis of evil ::) Brilliant move...  or was it intentional sabotage ???

It doesn't really have anything to do with the so-called drive to war.  Just making an observation.  I doubt you hear this point being discussed much. 

Purge_WTF

« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2007, 09:06:47 AM »
  I don't blame them for pulling the program. It's Fox's job to scare the hell out of us, not CNN's.

gcb

• Getbig IV
  • you suffer, why?
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2007, 05:29:42 PM »
That's right FOX is bad cop, CNN is good cop.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2007, 06:22:17 PM »
I would say they're both bad.  CNN has many of the same problems Fox does with following corp. marching orders from the top.  I will say I like Lou Dobbs, the rest are as much puke as Fox.

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2007, 06:47:18 PM »
It doesn't really have anything to do with the so-called drive to war.  Just making an observation.  I doubt you hear this point being discussed much. 

Wouldn't that be pure speculation?

And the administration would love to have evidence of that becuase it would help stem opposition to the current war in Iraq

gcb

• Getbig IV
  • you suffer, why?
« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2007, 06:54:18 PM »
I would say they're both bad.  CNN has many of the same problems Fox does with following corp. marching orders from the top.  I will say I like Lou Dobbs, the rest are as much puke as Fox.

Well I would say they're both cops trying to start a war.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2007, 06:57:16 PM »
Well I would say they're both cops trying to start a war.
yup

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: December 09, 2007, 09:32:26 PM »
Wouldn't that be pure speculation?

And the administration would love to have evidence of that becuase it would help stem opposition to the current war in Iraq

Yes it is speculation. 

On the other hand, I recall something similar happening with Kadafi after some military action involving another country (forget which one).  He suddenly became very cooperative. 

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #11 on: December 10, 2007, 02:39:43 AM »
The US has been pretty sucessful talking Europe into cutting economic ties with Iran. Thus Iran dropped the dollar..now they have protests in Teran. Banners with Live Free..or Die..in English. Good for them. Nobody wants war with Iran. We're doing much better in Iraq and have to deal with Afghanistan.
L

Purge_WTF

« Reply #12 on: December 10, 2007, 07:25:34 AM »
That's right FOX is bad cop, CNN is good cop.

Well, it's sort of like this: FOX is the Denzel Washington bad cop from Training Day who does no good, while CNN is the good/bad Clint Eastwood cop from the Dirty Harry movies who does some good.   ;D

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #13 on: December 10, 2007, 08:43:21 AM »
Yes it is speculation. 

On the other hand, I recall something similar happening with Kadafi after some military action involving another country (forget which one).  He suddenly became very cooperative. 

Yes looks similar, but very different in it's details with one being, Kadafi making a public act of submission, while Iran pretty much telling everyone to shove it.

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: December 10, 2007, 09:34:44 AM »
Your point has made the rounds this weekend:  That in spite of the illegality of the invasion, the tens of thousands of deaths, the hundreds of billions of dollars spent, the millions of lives ruined, the Iraqi invasion was worth it b/c you think it caused Iran to stop its weapons program.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: December 11, 2007, 10:35:41 AM »
Yes looks similar, but very different in it's details with one being, Kadafi making a public act of submission, while Iran pretty much telling everyone to shove it.

Actually Iran has been saying they had the right to develop nuclear weapons, but that they are not doing so.  In that respect, given the timing, I think it's pretty similar to Kadafi. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: December 11, 2007, 10:39:03 AM »
Your point has made the rounds this weekend:  That in spite of the illegality of the invasion, the tens of thousands of deaths, the hundreds of billions of dollars spent, the millions of lives ruined, the Iraqi invasion was worth it b/c you think it caused Iran to stop its weapons program.

I never said the Iraqi invasion caused Iran to stop its weapons program.  I simply raised the issue, which I heard during about a 90 second or 2 minute clip of the Rush Limbaugh show on the radio--which constituted the sum total of my Rush experience for 2007.   :)

It is possible Iran stopped because we invaded Iraq.  It is possible the timing was completely fortuitous.   

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #17 on: December 11, 2007, 11:28:33 AM »
It is possible Iran stopped because we invaded Iraq.  It is possible the timing was completely fortuitous.   

It's possible they did it because monkeys flew out of my butt.

I guess anything's possible.