Author Topic: BSN lawsuit - don't believe everything you read!  (Read 8544 times)

Ron

• Getbigistrator
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
BSN lawsuit - don't believe everything you read!
« on: December 07, 2007, 03:37:09 PM »
BIO-ENGINEERED SUPPLEMENTS & NUTRITION, INC. (BSN) VIGOROUSLY DEFENDING CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT

December 04, 2007
Boca Raton, Florida

Bio-Engineered Supplements & Nutrition, Inc. (BSN) is a leading developer, marketer, provider and distributor of nutritional supplements designed for health, training, physique, and performance support.  Among other innovative products, BSN has assisted in developing countless advances within the sports nutrition industry, one of which is the ultra-premium breakthrough ingredient Creatine Ethyl Ester Malate (CEM3).

BSN PRIDES ITSELF ON INNOVATION!

With an unbridled commitment to the development of cutting edge ingredients and result producing products, BSN continues to set new standards in research and development with an emphasis on science and its direct correlation to real world results. This relentless commitment to innovation and excellence has graciously and humbly led BSN (in less than six years) to an unprecedented growth curve, which has been recognized and reported throughout the world’s business sectors. 

BSN’s documented growth has validated it as a leading provider of ultra-premium products in over 75 countries and growing.  BSN has been recognized with the prestigious award as the 2007 honoree as the 27th fastest growing privately held company in the USA out of 5000 privately held corporations by Inc. 500/5000.  Additionally, BSN has also been graced with the award as the 4th fastest growing company in the health industry and the 2nd fastest growing company in the Miami-Ft. Lauderdale Metro Region.  Moreover, BSN was also recently featured in Forbes Magazine and the Nutritional Business Journal as a stand out company for its unprecedented growth and commitment as a leader and industry innovator.

These gracious accolades provided by these prestigious organizations only helps drive BSN’s desire and commitment to continue developing products that not only meet but exceed consumer expectations.

DON’T BELIEVE EVERYTHING YOU READ – RELY ON WHAT IS PROVEN

The Law Firm of Call, Jensen & Ferrell (“The Firm”), which is linked to BSN’s competitor(s) (which will all be disclosed at the appropriate legal time), filed a lawsuit against BSN on behalf of Michael Rivera and Dan Abell individually and on behalf of all other similarly situated (the “Lawsuit”).  The Lawsuit alleges that:  1) CEM3 does not exist in CELLMASS®, N.O.-XPLODE™ or NITRIX®; 2) BSN’s patent pending for CEM3 does not exist; 3) CEM3 does not exist; and 4) BSN is the alter ego of Chris Ferguson. 

BSN contends that all of the claims made against it and Chris Ferguson are meritless and intends to vigorously defend itself against these allegations.  The Lawsuit is based upon a single test which did not directly test for the presence of the CEM3 ingredient, by a laboratory that never contacted BSN for information about CEM3.  Contrary to the speculation of Call Jensen’s lawyers, a patent application for CEM3 does indeed exist and is currently pending before the United States Patent and Trademark Office.  BSN is not the alter ego of Mr. Ferguson or any of its officers, but is a Delaware corporation in good standing and which observes all required corporate formalities.

THEY SAY IMITATION IS THE SINCEREST FORM OF FLATTERY - ????

BSN’s commitment as a leader and developer of cutting edge sports nutrition products has also unfortunately generated an enormous following of industry competitors who wish to try to live off of BSN’s unprecedented investment in research and development in an attempt to duplicate our products’ efficacy.

This unfortunate practice is all too common by our fellow industry competitors, which often leads to deceptive tactics by these “me too” companies, which ultimately leads to unethical practices.  These unethical practices cause the consumer to be misled and hurt the integrity of those companies which are truly trying to make a difference, like BSN.

BSN FINISHES FIRST! 

BSN’s corporate mission from day one was to make products consumers could unequivocally consider to be the most superior products available.

For those customers and retailers that have relentlessly supported our vision and products, we could never repay you for your loyalty, we can only hope that our products have helped deliver and serve your needs in reaching your health, physique, and performance goals. BSN will continue to push the limits of science with result producing products that continue to set new standards in innovation and efficacy. We thank you for your patronage.

Yours in Health, Transformation, and Performance

TEAM BSN

BSN has hired the firms of AminHallihan, LLC out of Illinois and ReedSmith, LLP out of California to defend the Lawsuit.  BSN takes pride in the products which it has produced over the years. Many of those who have used BSN’s products, including those products involved in the lawsuit, have attested to how well the products have worked for them.  BSN disagrees with all claims being made and will vigorously defend all such claims and allegations.

Bio-Engineered Supplements & Nutrition, Inc. is a leading developer, marketer, provider and distributor of nutritional supplements designed for training, physique, and performance.  BSN’s innovative and effective products include NITRIX®, NO-XPLODETM, CELLMASS®, LEAN DESSERT PROTEINTM, SYNTHA-6®, TRUE-MASS®, AXIS-HTTM, CHEATERSTM, THERMONEXTM, ATRO-PHEX® AND ENDORUSHTM. For more information please visit, www.bsnonline.net.

Blockhead

• Toms
  • Getbig V
Re: BSN lawsuit - don't believe everything you read!
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2007, 03:41:35 PM »

Their general market is aimed at 14-21 yr olds who are uninformed and naieve. How do they justify using super steroid and growth hormoned using people to sell their products? Ronnie Coleman never got 'wicked pumps' and 'unreal explosion in growth' before that company ever existed?

B$N can kiss my hairy pimply butt!
?

Emmortal

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2007, 03:43:47 PM »
I'm waiting to hold judgement until this goes through court, if it even makes it.

There's just way too much bullshit in the supplement business these days, there needs to be some house cleaning done.

Blockhead

• Toms
  • Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2007, 03:46:25 PM »
I'm waiting to hold judgement until this goes through court, if it even makes it.

There's just way too much bullshit in the supplement business these days, there needs to be some house cleaning done.
Agree.

The expierenced trainer knows what supplements are quality -vs- what supplements are out to steal money from foolish teenagers in pursuit for a big chest as they hope girls give them attention.
?

affeman

• Getbig V
  • Rusty Trombone looks like an abortion in a thong
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2007, 03:51:37 PM »
Agree.

The expierenced trainer knows what supplements are quality -vs- what supplements are out to steal money from foolish teenagers in pursuit for a big chest as they hope girls give them attention.

And what supplements are quality, Mr. experienced trainer?? Please help me out....

Big_Tymer

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • Team Huge Aryan Bastards With Muscle
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2007, 03:52:51 PM »
wait, are yall telling me ronnie didnt get his size from no-xplode?  if so, i am taking mine back to gnc for a refund, and may attempt to collect some punitive damages from bsn for the lies.

Mad Nickels

• Getbig III
  • Team MD
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2007, 03:54:13 PM »
BSN will restructure.

Boss Sports Nutrition Project will emerge with a similar street adress next week.
I lost my cherry at www.gymstories.com

Blockhead

• Toms
  • Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2007, 03:56:43 PM »
And what supplements are quality, Mr. experienced trainer?? Please help me out....
Any company that doesn't cut corners as they would rather put their money into marketing to the highschool kids -vs- putting top notch ingredients into their product.
?

affeman

• Getbig V
  • Rusty Trombone looks like an abortion in a thong
« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2007, 03:57:13 PM »
wait, are yall telling me ronnie didnt get his size from no-xplode?  if so, i am taking mine back to gnc for a refund, and may attempt to collect some punitive damages from bsn for the lies.

Haha, I always have to laugh when I read in Coleman interviews how BSN products helped him so much and are such a big contribution to his success. Exactly the year he signed with BSN his career started to go downhill rapidly......... The protein powders of his former sponsor must have been better.

Blockhead

• Toms
  • Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2007, 03:59:37 PM »
Haha, I always have to laugh when I read in Coleman interviews how BSN products helped him so much and are such a big contribution to his success. Exactly the year he signed with BSN his career started to go downhill rapidly......... The protein powders of his former sponsor must have been better.
...and he used BEVERLY INTERNATIONAL products which I think is a top notch company.

Good point. The year he signed with B$N his body started to decline as well with his performance.
?

Matt C

• Getbig V
  • The White Vince Goodrum
« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2007, 08:46:35 PM »
Agree.

"DOMINATE" by PRIDE NUTRITION worked well for me, but my diet was on point this week.

It will be interesting to see how this BSN suit pans out.
Bodybuilding Pro.com

Grundle

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
  • "Ruining lives and ratting on friends since '93"
« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2007, 10:29:40 PM »
BSN sucks ass.  I wouldn't use their diahrea powder if you paid me.
Int. Fed.of Booty Bandits

Matt C

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: December 07, 2007, 10:30:36 PM »
BSN sucks ass.  I wouldn't use their diahrea powder if you paid me.

SuperPump250.
Bodybuilding Pro.com

GetItOnNY

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #13 on: December 07, 2007, 10:49:09 PM »
Ron the truth is BSN got caught selling garbage plain and simple. They put all there money in to giving Ronnie $500,000 a year, then Monica Brant probably $100,000.Then they spend probably $50,000 per magazine per month in advertisements. When they shoud have put the money into the supplements.Instead of ripping people off

If you look at my post about 2 years ago I told people there is no such thing as CEM.Creatine has to be bonded to water, right. They are claiming there product has Creatine Monohydrate,( Creatine bonded to water) bonded to Ethyl ( an Alcohol) ,Ester, ( a lipd of fat) and finally Malate( Malic Acid) .
Since when can you bond water, fat, an alcohol, and Malic Acid, which comes from fruit, which would make the creatine acidic.
Can you say a kitchen sink formulation, it doesnt get anymore devious then this. At one time BSN used to use Kre-Alkalyn then they progressed , and made a cheaper product. The cost of CEM ( which doesnt really exist) is $10 per kilo, the cost of Kre-Alkalyn is $50 per kilo.
I guess the owner Chris Ferguson let greed get the best of him, now hopefully it will bite him in the ass.lol

Chris Ferguson is a crook, and now maybe he will change his ways, or he will have to pay the price

Grundle

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
  • "Ruining lives and ratting on friends since '93"
« Reply #14 on: December 07, 2007, 10:50:57 PM »
Ron,

why are you shilling for BSN? Why hitch your good name to their bullshit wagon?
Int. Fed.of Booty Bandits

LatsMcGee

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #15 on: December 07, 2007, 11:04:55 PM »
SuperPump250.

There are two guys at my work who rave about that stuff.  It's awful having to use the john after one of them comes out.

LatsMcGee

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #16 on: December 07, 2007, 11:05:40 PM »
Ron remember Muscletech owns this board, not BSN.  Let the rumors fly!

Matt C

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: December 07, 2007, 11:49:07 PM »
There are two guys at my work who rave about that stuff.  It's awful having to use the john after one of them comes out.

LOL!

It does work well, but not worth the side effects in my opinion.
Bodybuilding Pro.com

Ron

• Getbigistrator
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #18 on: December 08, 2007, 12:08:40 AM »

Well - considering I spoke to a few other supplement manufacturers and they even think this lawsuit is baseless, and they are competitors of BSN.  It is very east to file a lawsuit, and then want to company to settle so as not to pay legal fees associated with the case. It happens all the time.

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
« Reply #19 on: December 08, 2007, 03:01:44 AM »
reedsmith is a good advocate

dearth

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #20 on: December 08, 2007, 05:45:39 AM »
If you're supposed to "finish first" using BSN products, why did coleman get 4th at the olympia (a gift at that)??

BIO-ENGINEERED SUPPLEMENTS & NUTRITION, INC. (BSN) VIGOROUSLY DEFENDING CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT

December 04, 2007
Boca Raton, Florida

Bio-Engineered Supplements & Nutrition, Inc. (BSN) is a leading developer, marketer, provider and distributor of nutritional supplements designed for health, training, physique, and performance support.  Among other innovative products, BSN has assisted in developing countless advances within the sports nutrition industry, one of which is the ultra-premium breakthrough ingredient Creatine Ethyl Ester Malate (CEM3).

BSN PRIDES ITSELF ON INNOVATION!

With an unbridled commitment to the development of cutting edge ingredients and result producing products, BSN continues to set new standards in research and development with an emphasis on science and its direct correlation to real world results. This relentless commitment to innovation and excellence has graciously and humbly led BSN (in less than six years) to an unprecedented growth curve, which has been recognized and reported throughout the world’s business sectors. 

BSN’s documented growth has validated it as a leading provider of ultra-premium products in over 75 countries and growing.  BSN has been recognized with the prestigious award as the 2007 honoree as the 27th fastest growing privately held company in the USA out of 5000 privately held corporations by Inc. 500/5000.  Additionally, BSN has also been graced with the award as the 4th fastest growing company in the health industry and the 2nd fastest growing company in the Miami-Ft. Lauderdale Metro Region.  Moreover, BSN was also recently featured in Forbes Magazine and the Nutritional Business Journal as a stand out company for its unprecedented growth and commitment as a leader and industry innovator.

These gracious accolades provided by these prestigious organizations only helps drive BSN’s desire and commitment to continue developing products that not only meet but exceed consumer expectations.

DON’T BELIEVE EVERYTHING YOU READ – RELY ON WHAT IS PROVEN

The Law Firm of Call, Jensen & Ferrell (“The Firm”), which is linked to BSN’s competitor(s) (which will all be disclosed at the appropriate legal time), filed a lawsuit against BSN on behalf of Michael Rivera and Dan Abell individually and on behalf of all other similarly situated (the “Lawsuit”).  The Lawsuit alleges that:  1) CEM3 does not exist in CELLMASS®, N.O.-XPLODE™ or NITRIX®; 2) BSN’s patent pending for CEM3 does not exist; 3) CEM3 does not exist; and 4) BSN is the alter ego of Chris Ferguson. 

BSN contends that all of the claims made against it and Chris Ferguson are meritless and intends to vigorously defend itself against these allegations.  The Lawsuit is based upon a single test which did not directly test for the presence of the CEM3 ingredient, by a laboratory that never contacted BSN for information about CEM3.  Contrary to the speculation of Call Jensen’s lawyers, a patent application for CEM3 does indeed exist and is currently pending before the United States Patent and Trademark Office.  BSN is not the alter ego of Mr. Ferguson or any of its officers, but is a Delaware corporation in good standing and which observes all required corporate formalities.

THEY SAY IMITATION IS THE SINCEREST FORM OF FLATTERY - ????

BSN’s commitment as a leader and developer of cutting edge sports nutrition products has also unfortunately generated an enormous following of industry competitors who wish to try to live off of BSN’s unprecedented investment in research and development in an attempt to duplicate our products’ efficacy.

This unfortunate practice is all too common by our fellow industry competitors, which often leads to deceptive tactics by these “me too” companies, which ultimately leads to unethical practices.  These unethical practices cause the consumer to be misled and hurt the integrity of those companies which are truly trying to make a difference, like BSN.

BSN FINISHES FIRST! 

BSN’s corporate mission from day one was to make products consumers could unequivocally consider to be the most superior products available.

For those customers and retailers that have relentlessly supported our vision and products, we could never repay you for your loyalty, we can only hope that our products have helped deliver and serve your needs in reaching your health, physique, and performance goals. BSN will continue to push the limits of science with result producing products that continue to set new standards in innovation and efficacy. We thank you for your patronage.

Yours in Health, Transformation, and Performance

TEAM BSN

BSN has hired the firms of AminHallihan, LLC out of Illinois and ReedSmith, LLP out of California to defend the Lawsuit.  BSN takes pride in the products which it has produced over the years. Many of those who have used BSN’s products, including those products involved in the lawsuit, have attested to how well the products have worked for them.  BSN disagrees with all claims being made and will vigorously defend all such claims and allegations.

Bio-Engineered Supplements & Nutrition, Inc. is a leading developer, marketer, provider and distributor of nutritional supplements designed for training, physique, and performance.  BSN’s innovative and effective products include NITRIX®, NO-XPLODETM, CELLMASS®, LEAN DESSERT PROTEINTM, SYNTHA-6®, TRUE-MASS®, AXIS-HTTM, CHEATERSTM, THERMONEXTM, ATRO-PHEX® AND ENDORUSHTM. For more information please visit, www.bsnonline.net.

BEAST 8692

• Getbig IV
« Reply #21 on: December 08, 2007, 06:01:26 AM »
If you're supposed to "finish first" using BSN products, why did coleman get 4th at the olympia (a gift at that)??

because bsn were paying ronnie while celltech were paying the judges. ;)

swilkins1984

• Getbig IV
« Reply #22 on: December 08, 2007, 06:17:47 AM »

I don't care what is really in it so long as it isn't harmful to my health. It maybe a placebo or legit but the fact is that I got a more intense workout in when using the Explode and that is all that matters right?

SteelePegasus

• Getbig V
  • Life, death, in between is getbig.com
« Reply #23 on: December 08, 2007, 07:15:52 AM »
I don't care what is really in it so long as it isn't harmful to my health. It maybe a placebo or legit but the fact is that I got a more intense workout in when using the Explode and that is all that matters right?

ummm...no

if someone sells you sugar cubes while clamining it is something else is illegal. 

the placebo effect shouldn't be factored in. You should get what is listed on the product
Here comes the money shot

emn1964

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #24 on: December 08, 2007, 07:23:03 AM »
Well - considering I spoke to a few other supplement manufacturers and they even think this lawsuit is baseless, and they are competitors of BSN.  It is very east to file a lawsuit, and then want to company to settle so as not to pay legal fees associated with the case. It happens all the time.

It's a common misconception that it is easy to file a baseless lawsuit.  Not true in federal court and in most states.  Federal Court has Rule 11 and most states have a similar analog that says that if you file a lawsuit that is baseless, then you will pay the defending party's legal fees and costs.  Some states may even impose treble damages to discourage baseless lawsuits.  I can assure you that this action was not filed without merit.  Sorry Ron, but you are wrong on this one.