Author Topic: A quick question concerning early morn cardio...  (Read 9437 times)

candidizzle

• Getbig V
  • Trueprotein.com 5% discount code= TRB953
Re: A quick question concerning early morn cardio...
« Reply #25 on: December 10, 2007, 01:04:16 PM »
just shut up. you keep assuming you know what i think about cardio. this thread is about morning cardio on an emtpy stomach. if your going to do morning cardio on an empty stomach, you want to do it in a way that doesnt catabolise muscle tissue. i provided information on how to do this, but not inhibit the fat loss associated with morning cardio.  if you hav nothing to add of relevant nature...please leave the thread. if you want to have this off topic discussion, start another thread and ask me specific questions and ill give you my specific opinion.

...and layne norton is a douchebag.

The Master

• Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: December 10, 2007, 01:07:01 PM »
just shut up. you keep assuming you know what i think about cardio. this thread is about morning cardio on an emtpy stomach. if your going to do morning cardio on an empty stomach, you want to do it in a way that doesnt catabolise muscle tissue. i provided information on how to do this, but not inhibit the fat loss associated with morning cardio.  if you hav nothing to add of relevant nature...please leave the thread. if you want to have this off topic discussion, start another thread and ask me specific questions and ill give you my specific opinion.

...and layne norton is a douchebag.

Answer the questions.

1: Do you know more about nutrition than Layne Norton?

2: Is your qualitative take on nutrition (which focuses on small irrelevant things and is full of errors) is superior to having long term quantitative control over the fundamental variables that really dictate body composition? (implied several times by your posts, especially by your last statement)

Your personal opinion of Layne Norton = irrelevant, you claimed that reffering to Layne destroys ones credability because you, a known retard, is a more credible source.

Answer the questions.

candidizzle

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: December 10, 2007, 01:08:48 PM »
Answer the questions.

1: Do you know more about nutrition than Layne Norton?

2: Is your qualitative take on nutrition (which focuses on small irrelevant things and is full of errors) is superior to having long term quantitative control over the fundamental variables that really dictate body composition? (implied several times by your posts, especially by your last statement)

Your personal opinion of Layne Norton = irrelevant, you claimed that reffering to Layne destroys ones credability because you, a known retard, is a more credible source.

Answer the questions.

start another thread..

The Master

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: December 10, 2007, 01:12:32 PM »
start another thread..

Answer the questions. You made the stupid statements, you are accountable.

If you can not stand by your words, then there is no reason for anybody to trust anything you say because when you are to be held accountable for what you say, you just run away.

Answer the questions.

The Master

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: December 10, 2007, 01:45:20 PM »
Answer the questions. You made the stupid statements, you are accountable.

If you can not stand by your words, then there is no reason for anybody to trust anything you say because when you are to be held accountable for what you say, you just run away.

Answer the questions.

I knew it. The only thing we can trust about you, Cadidizzle, is that you will go down the path of self destruction and date many ugly girls in the process.

Emmortal

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: December 10, 2007, 01:52:40 PM »

I knew it. The only thing we can trust about you, Cadidizzle, is that you will go down the path of self destruction and date many ugly girls in the process.

Attacking his opinions is one thing but directly insulting each other on this board is uncalled for.  If you want to pull that shit take it somewhere else.  This board is about helping people, not insulting them.

The Master

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: December 10, 2007, 01:58:03 PM »

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #32 on: December 10, 2007, 03:13:28 PM »
Attacking his opinions is one thing but directly insulting each other on this board is uncalled for.  If you want to pull that shit take it somewhere else.  This board is about helping people, not insulting them.

You're both walking a thin line  >:(  I'm not going to waste my time editing or modifying posts.  It's easier to hit the delete key  ;)

Refer to rule #1 Show common courtesy at all times. Know the difference between a difference of opinion and a personal attack. Don't engage in insults.

:

The Master

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: December 10, 2007, 03:22:50 PM »

You're both walking a thin line  >:(  I'm not going to waste my time editing or modifying posts.  It's easier to hit the delete key  ;)

Refer to rule #1 Show common courtesy at all times. Know the difference between a difference of opinion and a personal attack. Don't engage in insults.

Im hot, and I know Gary Busey, so the rules does not apply to me.

Thank you Princess Labia.

:)

coltrane

• Getbig IV
« Reply #34 on: December 10, 2007, 04:22:02 PM »

seconded.

YoungBlood

• Getbig V
  • Weee!
« Reply #35 on: December 10, 2007, 06:05:51 PM »
My thoughts on morning cardio- and I've done cardio at any time of day (even @ 2am a la Jay Cutler) with food, without, supps and no supps, etc...

My take: Don't do it.

After workout cardio is best, certainly for me. But if you give it a try I'm betting that you would like it much better than getting up early and doing it with no food. Tip; after a leg day, just walk on the treadmill for the required time, it's easy to do and you won't have to worry about falling off! :P

candidizzle

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: December 10, 2007, 06:11:30 PM »
post weight training cardio and early morning cardio are both effective for the same reason....depleted glycogen stores, zero free floating insulin, increased glucogan and growth hormone levels...increase cicular amp, and increases levels of lipogensis already occuring in the body.

The Master

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: December 10, 2007, 06:39:24 PM »
post weight training cardio and early morning cardio are both effective for the same reason....depleted glycogen stores, zero free floating insulin, increased glucogan and growth hormone levels...increase cicular amp, and increases levels of lipogensis already occuring in the body.

Nobody should trust you. When the shit hits the fan, you run away.

Answer the questions, stand accountable for your claims.

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: December 10, 2007, 06:58:49 PM »
Okay lets try and get this thread back on track...lets say guys that I did morning cardio on an empty stomach...I understand that I would be burning primarily glucose right?...okay...wouldn't that still be a good thing because it would prevent any excess sugar in your body from being converted to fat and stored?...am I wrong?..please comment

1Fast400

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #39 on: December 10, 2007, 07:38:19 PM »
You don't have to like layne as a person, but you can't discount his knowledge.  He's big into research and cites/back ups his claims with science. 

coltrane

• Getbig IV
« Reply #40 on: December 11, 2007, 06:58:37 AM »
My thoughts on morning cardio- and I've done cardio at any time of day (even @ 2am a la Jay Cutler) with food, without, supps and no supps, etc...

My take: Don't do it.

After workout cardio is best, certainly for me. But if you give it a try I'm betting that you would like it much better than getting up early and doing it with no food. Tip; after a leg day, just walk on the treadmill for the required time, it's easy to do and you won't have to worry about falling off! :P

Youngblood...why?  Do you think it's better for losing weight?   

candidizzle

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: December 11, 2007, 08:49:31 AM »
Okay lets try and get this thread back on track...lets say guys that I did morning cardio on an empty stomach...I understand that I would be burning primarily glucose right?...okay...wouldn't that still be a good thing because it would prevent any excess sugar in your body from being converted to fat and stored?...am I wrong?..please comment
no..during low intensity exercise, and especially during the hormonal state your body will be in first thing in the morning, your body will burn primarily fats for energy. BUT, ...you will still be burning SOME glucose..because unless you have been doing a zero carb diet for like a year, the human body always has a glucose demand whethr your sleeping, sitting, walking, running, or sprinting..youll always have tissues using glucose for energy in some amount.  first thing in the mornin you wont have any excess sugar in your body...the only available glucose you will have will be what ever is left over in your muscular glycogen stores...and in order to utilize that glucose your body will send out the hormone glucagon, which cues the breakdown and release of glucose from the muscle. but it also signals for the body to increase the break down and oxidation of fatty acids; and it loosens up the enzymes that burn up your bodies fat as well. along with that occuring, your body also starts releasing growth hormone, increases cyclical amp, and a host of other great things for fat loss. but if you dont have any muscular glycogen stores...then your body has to get glucose from somewhere, and the only way your body can synthesize glucose is by glucogeonensis by way of amino acids..   now, if you truly have an "empty stomach", and you dont have any free floating aminos in your blood stream, that glucagon hormone that signals the breakdown of glycogen and fatty acids, will now be signaling for the breakdown of muscle tissue to extract amino acids for the synthesis of glucose.   that is why you want to take bcaa's pre cardio....so in any case where glucagon runs through your bodys glycogen stores and signals for amino acids to be converted to glucose..it will use those bcaa's, NOT muscle tissue.,

WhiteHulk4

• Getbig III
« Reply #42 on: December 11, 2007, 10:14:54 AM »
no..during low intensity exercise, and especially during the hormonal state your body will be in first thing in the morning, your body will burn primarily fats for energy. BUT, ...you will still be burning SOME glucose..because unless you have been doing a zero carb diet for like a year, the human body always has a glucose demand whethr your sleeping, sitting, walking, running, or sprinting..youll always have tissues using glucose for energy in some amount.  first thing in the mornin you wont have any excess sugar in your body...the only available glucose you will have will be what ever is left over in your muscular glycogen stores...and in order to utilize that glucose your body will send out the hormone glucagon, which cues the breakdown and release of glucose from the muscle. but it also signals for the body to increase the break down and oxidation of fatty acids; and it loosens up the enzymes that burn up your bodies fat as well. along with that occuring, your body also starts releasing growth hormone, increases cyclical amp, and a host of other great things for fat loss. but if you dont have any muscular glycogen stores...then your body has to get glucose from somewhere, and the only way your body can synthesize glucose is by glucogeonensis by way of amino acids..   now, if you truly have an "empty stomach", and you dont have any free floating aminos in your blood stream, that glucagon hormone that signals the breakdown of glycogen and fatty acids, will now be signaling for the breakdown of muscle tissue to extract amino acids for the synthesis of glucose.   that is why you want to take bcaa's pre cardio....so in any case where glucagon runs through your bodys glycogen stores and signals for amino acids to be converted to glucose..it will use those bcaa's, NOT muscle tissue.,

Again, I'm not trying to argue with anybody, but you've said something that contradicts your previous statements.

Originally you said not to take Glutamine before cardio because it will convert to glucose....

But in your last post, you basically said to take BCAA's before cardio so that they can be converted to glucose...???

WhiteHulk4

• Getbig III
« Reply #43 on: December 11, 2007, 10:20:16 AM »
One more thing about the Glutamine 1st thing in the morning...

I don't care WHAT IT IS, if you take in 5 grams of ANYTHING!  I don't care if it's pure sugar, it's not going to have much of an effect on the fat burning process from your morning cardio.  It's just not enough to make much of a difference.

And another thing, that's probably already been touched on, however, in a more complicated manner than necessary.

There's two schools of thought for doing cardio 1st thing in the morning:

1. On an empty stomach, your body will be forced to pull energy from your fat stores, because you haven't supplied it with any energy (food) for the day.

2. To start your day in a caloric deficit!

It's the #2 that matters the most.  And 5 grams of an amino acid ain't gonna make a difference...

jmt1

• Getbig IV
« Reply #44 on: December 11, 2007, 10:58:35 AM »
personally i would never do cardio in the morning on a empty stomach. when you wake up in the morining you are already in a catabolic state so why add to that with a catabolic activity like cardio on a empty stomach?  you are trying to burn fat but why do it at the expense of muscle tissue.

i would take 20-30g of fast acting hydrolyzed whey protein along with 5-10g or glutamine, bcaa's and a thermo.

if your only concern is losing fat then on a empty stomach would probably be slightly more effective but the increased muscle catabolism that goes along with that outweighs the benefits.

busyB

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Have a Nice Day!
« Reply #45 on: December 11, 2007, 10:59:56 AM »
Missing the point with Glutamine. First thing in the morning, your body is depleted, or should be, of muscle glycogen. When you eat carbs, glycogen levels start to replenish in liver and/or muscle. So, unless you take a high carb meal before bed, your glycogen levels should be low first thing in the am.

5 g. of Glutamine will not burn fat, Hulk. Will bump GH levels and spare your body from using muscle as energy, especially in a caloric deficit, like first thing in the morning. ECA's also had a muscle sparing effect, kinda like Clen, so use a thermo and glutamine first thing in the morning while glycogen levels are low, will let your body use bodyfat as fuel. Also a product like Xtend (BCAA blend) will be ok to drink on an empty stomach while doing morning cardio as well.

Doing cardio POST weights is also a good time, because of lowered glycogen levels. Those that do cardio before weights spend that time burning up glycogen instead of bodyfat. So, the aminos, glutamine, are not taken for fat loss but to prevent muscle loss. At least that is what I have had success with in past competition mode....

busyB

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Have a Nice Day!
« Reply #46 on: December 11, 2007, 11:01:35 AM »
...oh,and make sure to eat RIGHT AWAY AFTER AM CARDIO!! Like,within minutes if possible or at least drink a shake!!

coltrane

• Getbig IV
« Reply #47 on: December 11, 2007, 11:54:45 AM »
Missing the point with Glutamine. First thing in the morning, your body is depleted, or should be, of muscle glycogen. When you eat carbs, glycogen levels start to replenish in liver and/or muscle. So, unless you take a high carb meal before bed, your glycogen levels should be low first thing in the am.

5 g. of Glutamine will not burn fat, Hulk. Will bump GH levels and spare your body from using muscle as energy, especially in a caloric deficit, like first thing in the morning. ECA's also had a muscle sparing effect, kinda like Clen, so use a thermo and glutamine first thing in the morning while glycogen levels are low, will let your body use bodyfat as fuel. Also a product like Xtend (BCAA blend) will be ok to drink on an empty stomach while doing morning cardio as well.

Doing cardio POST weights is also a good time, because of lowered glycogen levels. Those that do cardio before weights spend that time burning up glycogen instead of bodyfat. So, the aminos, glutamine, are not taken for fat loss but to prevent muscle loss. At least that is what I have had success with in past competition mode....

great post.  I wondered about the xtend bc it has sucralose and citrillene in it.....(which i thought may slow the fat burning)

busyB

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Have a Nice Day!
« Reply #48 on: December 11, 2007, 11:59:57 AM »
great post.  I wondered about the xtend bc it has sucralose and citrillene in it.....(which i thought may slow the fat burning)

Not for me, but I stop all artificial sweetners about three weeks out and never go heavy on them while dieting anyway.

Citruliene (sp?) is a precursor to Nitrix Oxide production so never interfered with my fat loss. I drink that during weight training too!

candidizzle

• Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: December 11, 2007, 12:49:49 PM »
Again, I'm not trying to argue with anybody, but you've said something that contradicts your previous statements.

Originally you said not to take Glutamine before cardio because it will convert to glucose....

But in your last post, you basically said to take BCAA's before cardio so that they can be converted to glucose...???
yes, exactly.
you dont take glutamine because it WILL BE converted to glucose. you take bcaa's because they CAN BE converted to glucose.

you only want glucose in your blood stream when your body has resorted to amino acids for glucose... the difference between glutamine and bcaa's is that glutamine does wait around to be called on for gluconeogensis to occur; it automatically occurs upon digestion in the liver...    so in actuality, what your doing by taking glutamine is really just taking glucose. where as bcaa's will be digested and sent into the amino acid poll in your blood stream to wait to be called upon for glucogeonensis before they will be convcerted to glucose. and amino acids in the blood stream do not interrupt the process of burning fat, or the process of burning glucose; because amino acids annot be used for energy. they must first be converted into glucose.