Author Topic: A quick question concerning early morn cardio...  (Read 9400 times)

candidizzle

• Getbig V
  • Trueprotein.com 5% discount code= TRB953
Re: A quick question concerning early morn cardio...
« Reply #75 on: December 11, 2007, 07:43:49 PM »
lol. noone is arguing anything and i have no interest in playing word games. i simply stated that the catabolic state, referring to muscle catabolism, is a problem when doing a.m cardio on a empty stomach. i stated that the best way to combat that would be to take in a small amount of hydrolyzed whey protein along with the bcaa's.

please fill me in on this point though. you said that almost every pro bodybuilder and top trainer will tell you that you can't build muscle while burning fat. have you actually spoke to some pros or trainers first hand or is this something you heard or read somewhere?

i actually have talked to a pro bodybuilder. i have talked MORE with his trainer and diet coach..who used to be a top level national competitor.. several amatuer bb'ers as well. and while they dont really count, i have talked with most of the personal trainers in my area. 

i have also heard and read this all over the place.

but i am smart enough to think on my own...

candidizzle

• Getbig V
« Reply #76 on: December 11, 2007, 07:47:22 PM »
Can you tell me the difference between the two? :-\ ;)

For me, I get up at 2:45am and drink a protein shake. Within 2-3 hours after that I have another meal and repeat again. I'm in the gym at some point after work, and workout. Then I'll jump on my choice of cardio for the day and once done with the required time, I run off and have about 5 chicken breasts. The meal I think it just a means to an end. I DO NOT believe that it has to be a whey/dextrose shake, or anything of the sort. BUT, I do think you should have SOMETHING, and I prefer to have all protein and then add in carbs and/or fat in the meal AFTER my PW-meal.
Why does it work, in my opinion? Because you've had a few meals through the day, and it allows your body to "get started." Protein synthesis and all that stuff. Then, during the workout you deplete yourself, and you've already gone into a state that you're burning fat. So once you jump onto the cardio portion, you're ready to go.
I can't really explain it in detail-especially using scientific jargon, but I think it's due to eating a few times through the day that allows you to hold onto more muscle while doing cardio.
Again, not the best explanation, but I feel there is sort of a time lapse between empty stomach cardio done upon waking up, and doing it post workout later in the day.
Same theory, but how it's carried out is much different. ( :-\ for the brain fart on explaining it better for you).
well no i dont really feel that there is too much of a difference except for the amount of nutrients in the blood stream and in storage. and i bet your right..it probably is safer, as far as muscle catabolism goes, to do it post traning.

you eat 5 chicken breasts? holy shit man. i have a huge appetite as well...and i could tear through an endless amount of food..   but i wonder why you would make it a daily habit? i can only assume that your on the sauce is you are actually synthesizing any more than maybe, at a maximum, 65-70 grams of protein.

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #77 on: December 12, 2007, 06:47:29 AM »
1: you are one dumb fuck.
2: I was not refering to HIT cardio in particular.
3: I am not leafy. I am DF and my alter ego Debussey.
4: You have no real applicable knowledge in this area that can create improved results. You claim that the fat burned during cardio (as opposed to the total calories burned) can accumulate into a huge difference on total fat loss over a long time period. (implied by your earlier posts). This = simply not correct.
5: I have read your posts. Frankly, you are an idiot.

Hope this helps  :)

I totally agree with this...
I hate the State.

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #78 on: December 12, 2007, 06:58:47 AM »
lol. noone is arguing anything and i have no interest in playing word games. i simply stated that the catabolic state, referring to muscle catabolism, is a problem when doing a.m cardio on a empty stomach. i stated that the best way to combat that would be to take in a small amount of hydrolyzed whey protein along with the bcaa's.

please fill me in on this point though. you said that almost every pro bodybuilder and top trainer will tell you that you can't build muscle while burning fat. have you actually spoke to some pros or trainers first hand or is this something you heard or read somewhere?

You are right; the body cannot build muscle whilst on a diet. If you have a negative caloric balance you have a negative nitrogen balance and a positive nitrogen balance (achieved only through a caloric surplus) is required for anabolism.

Burning fat is something different. Trenbolone is so androgenic and anti-estrogenic that one can bunr fat whilst taking in maintenance level calories; barring such pharmaceutical aid, it is physiologically impossible to build muscle whilst on a diet (caloric deficit).

Canjizzle is a fucking idiot...but that is well established now.
I hate the State.

YoungBlood

• Getbig V
  • Weee!
« Reply #79 on: December 12, 2007, 04:41:29 PM »
well no i dont really feel that there is too much of a difference except for the amount of nutrients in the blood stream and in storage. and i bet your right..it probably is safer, as far as muscle catabolism goes, to do it post traning.

If you feel it's safer, why do you think anyone would continue to do empty stomach cardio, KNOWING that you will lose muscle?

you eat 5 chicken breasts? holy shit man. i have a huge appetite as well...and i could tear through an endless amount of food..   but i wonder why you would make it a daily habit? i can only assume that your on the sauce is you are actually synthesizing any more than maybe, at a maximum, 65-70 grams of protein.

My theories on the above completely contradict 99.999999999999999999999 9999999999% of the community we know as bodybuilding as well as anyone looking to put on muscle.
I've never liked a high carb, or even medium carb, diet. Once I get to about 3/4 of my bodyweight total in carbs per day, I start getting FAT. I don't restrict my carbs a la the Atkins diet, but I try to not go about 100g or so a day.
I could eat more than five breasts too. The reason why I eat that much, is because it's right after my workout, and I've just busted my muscles to hell. What do I want for them to recover? Protein. In this regard, I firmly stand by scientific fact that "there is no such thing as an essential carbohydrate!" In other words, you DO NOT need them. It's not what I think my body will utilize, but what I will give it and make sure it has whatever amount it wants to utilize. And I don't get fat from doing this, until I add in carbs. Personal experience is what proves this to me.
Some of my other "legendary" eating feats include an extra large pizza by myself, 2 double Angus Burgers and a burrito from Carl's Jr./Green Burrito, 18 Colonel Strips from KFC, two 4x4's plus a strawberry shake from In 'N' Out Burger.

busyB

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Have a Nice Day!
« Reply #80 on: December 12, 2007, 04:53:25 PM »

Some of my other "legendary" eating feats include an extra large pizza by myself, 2 double Angus Burgers and a burrito from Carl's Jr./Green Burrito, 18 Colonel Strips from KFC, two 4x4's plus a strawberry shake from In 'N' Out Burger.

All in the same day or as one big long meal??? Dude, did you have to get really stoned to eat that much?  8)

YoungBlood

• Getbig V
  • Weee!
« Reply #81 on: December 12, 2007, 05:27:41 PM »
Hahahahaha, the above was all in a separate day.

Here is a post from another board, and I do say where one is one meal, and one part is the full day. Get out ya Alka Seltzer! :D

Some feats within one meal (most meals in this period are within 30-60min of one another...no digestion time at all!):

wake up with 5 PB&J sandwiches, wash down with a quart of milk, 30min later I have....
pint of Ben And Jerry's Cookie Dough Ice Cream...still hungry so I go back to the store and buy another pint and eat that all in a sitting. 30min after that, I make brownies bought from Costco, so around an hour from that last meal I ate half the pan of that and gave the rest to my roommate.
An hour later, I walked to the donut shop and bought a dozen donuts; notables include maple bars, old fashioned glazed, and the sugar topped long churro looking things.
About an hour and a half from there, I ordered a medium pizza from Round Table, and ate the whole thing, washing it down with a diet (of course!!!) Pepsi. 30min later, I had ordered a burrito  with meat and cheese only (my usual fare) and ate it about an hour later.
Somewhere in there I know there was an entire box of Golden Grahams cereal with non-fat milk too. All in one sitting, I used a giant salad bowl! ;D
I seem to remember finishing this day off with a huge plate of BBQ from Everett & Jones, and having horrible Acid Reflux as I lay there falling asleep....no idea why!!!  #smileydunno9gx#  #bangelsmiley4td#

That was ONE DAY, for the record.
The other day I was in Carls Jr. recalling a meal I ate, and decided to look it up at the nutritional information poster they had. After reading the info, I decided never again will I even attempt this let alone want it.

Two Double Angus Burgers plain: 1195 cals EACH. Including 110g of FAT in EACH!!!! That's 220g of FAT in one meal...and that's PART ONE!!! OMG I'm scaring myself as I type!!! :o
One Green Burrito Beef burrito (same restaurant with CJ): 820cals, including 43g of fat)
One Large Choc. Shake (this is the estimate for a Small chocolate shake from Burger King): 522cals including 22g of fat.

All told that ONE MEAL was  3732cals, with a rough estimate of 285g of fat. :o :o :o

As I look at what I wrote, I'm surprised I didn't/haven't keel over from a heart attack as I finished burger #1 let alone wash it down with a shake, another burger, and a burrito.

My gosh....that's one disgusting meal!!! But at the time it tasted good!!!

busyB

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Have a Nice Day!
« Reply #82 on: December 12, 2007, 07:54:46 PM »
 :o   :o    :o

Man, you are my idol!! That is some serious chow...so, how many joints did it take to eat that much?  ;D

candidizzle

• Getbig V
« Reply #83 on: December 13, 2007, 12:29:50 PM »
if i posted some of the meals i have eaten absolutely no one would believe me..   the above meals are small in comparison to the type of food it takes to get me "stuffed"...    i have what is termed a "bottomless stomach'..i can just kep packing and packing and packing in the food. i have literally whiped out a mongolian bbq buffet before. they didnt have any more food. no joke..no excaggeration.

i have the potential to be one FAT mother fucker.

busyB

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Have a Nice Day!
« Reply #84 on: December 13, 2007, 12:50:38 PM »
if i posted some of the meals i have eaten absolutely no one would believe me..   the above meals are small in comparison to the type of food it takes to get me "stuffed"...    i have what is termed a "bottomless stomach'..i can just kep packing and packing and packing in the food. i have literally whiped out a mongolian bbq buffet before. they didnt have any more food. no joke..no excaggeration.

i have the potential to be one FAT mother fucker.

I am not touching this one....well, I can't help it....you mean to say you eat more than Youngblood listed above and you are NOT fat? That is about as nice as I could put it.

candidizzle

• Getbig V
« Reply #85 on: December 13, 2007, 03:48:29 PM »
no no no no...back when i use to eat like that i WAS extremely fat. a fat fuck, really.

here..check it out=

(me before i started bodybuilding/dieting.)

YoungBlood

• Getbig V
  • Weee!
« Reply #86 on: December 13, 2007, 06:21:20 PM »
I'm sure you could eat forever and a day Candidizzle. And I'm not taking any wind out of your sails whatsover.
But to let you know, the above cheat day was when I weighed 170lbs. I could eat like that every day if I wanted to. But I like my abs too much!!!

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #87 on: December 14, 2007, 04:34:40 PM »
no no no no...back when i use to eat like that i WAS extremely fat. a fat fuck, really.

here..check it out=

(me before i started bodybuilding/dieting.)

Can we say: WHITE TRASH!!!
I hate the State.

candidizzle

• Getbig V
« Reply #88 on: December 15, 2007, 08:21:50 AM »
yeah for sure..i am white trash.  lol.