Author Topic: Mr. Olympia 98  (Read 4894 times)

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
Mr. Olympia 98
« on: December 11, 2007, 02:44:15 AM »
Nasser and Ronnie growling at eachother hahaha  ;D
classic

http://www.dailymotion.com/relevance/search/ZZK31/video/x35w7u_zzk-98-part-1_sport

m8

• Getbig V
Re: Mr. Olympia 98
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2007, 05:01:23 AM »
When? I missed it.

Why didn't Kevin Levrone win that show?

rocket

• Getbig V
  • Not a champion
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2007, 05:12:57 AM »
Hah, you'd think by the production that you were watching a video from the 70s

Pollux

• Getbig V
  • I'm kind of a big deal!
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2007, 05:13:40 AM »

More importantly, why didn't Flex?  :(

rocket

• Getbig V
  • Not a champion
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2007, 05:16:20 AM »
Oh no, they've given an old man a mic..

England_1

• Getbig IV
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2007, 05:17:36 AM »
This is a classic Mr. Olympia. Ronnie was at his all-time best conditioning. Apparently backstage he felt like he was going to die, he was so dehydrated. Only if Flex was 100% would he have prevailed over Coleman this night.

My favorite routines from this Olympia were Coleman and Haider.
Team Yates

rocket

• Getbig V
  • Not a champion
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2007, 05:18:57 AM »
Ronnie is definitely the deserving champ here

rocket

• Getbig V
  • Not a champion
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2007, 05:20:12 AM »
More importantly, why didn't Flex?  :(

Perhaps you've not seen when do their back poses :)

Flex was savagely pwned

Triple-H_2005

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • I mostly lurk...
« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2007, 05:27:57 AM »
When? I missed it.

More importantly, why didn't Flex?  :(

ecause Ronnie beat their ass and took their lunch money.

suckmymuscle

« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2007, 05:36:54 AM »
Nasser and Ronnie growling at eachother hahaha  ;D
classic

http://www.dailymotion.com/relevance/search/ZZK31/video/x35w7u_zzk-98-part-1_sport

Flex should have won. I first thought that Ronnie was the winner, and I do think this was by far his best Olympia performance, but after seeing the video I think that it's incorrect that Flex's conditioning was off. The more I watch of coleman, the more I'm disappointed. To be honest, I now am starting to think that 2005 might have been his best Olympia: sick size 2000 with the waist and conditioning of 1999 - not as good as 1998, though.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

rocket

• Getbig V
  • Not a champion
« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2007, 05:43:34 AM »
  Flex should have won. I first thought that Ronnie was the winner, and I do think this was by far his best Olympia performance, but after seeing the video I think that it's incorrect that Flex's conditioning was off. The more I watch of coleman, the more I'm disappointed. To be honest, i now am starting to thionk that 2005 might have been his best Olympia: sick size 2000 with the waist and conditioning of 1999 - not as good as 1998, though.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

Surely you must accept that Ronnie is in better condition and that he was incredibly dominant from the back.

I'm sure you'll be unable to entertain this prospect but ever since that thread started, the more involved members of that truce thread have become very hostile to giving any props to the other guy in question.  I see it from ND, Hulkster and you. 

Triple-H_2005

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • I mostly lurk...
« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2007, 05:49:51 AM »
It's almost funny that anyone actually BELIEVES Flex should have won that show :o...

suckmymuscle

« Reply #12 on: December 11, 2007, 05:53:09 AM »
Surely you must accept that Ronnie is in better condition and that he was incredibly dominant from the back.

There is no question that Ronnie beat Wheeler for muscularity, and that's a very big part of a bodybuilding contest. However, the difference in size was not like 50 lbs or so, and Wheeler's structure with tiny joints and incredibly long muscle bellies is so superior to Ronnie that I just don't know. It could go either way. I'm not upset that Ronnie won, but I wouldn't be upset if wheeler won either.

I'm sure you'll be unable to entertain this prospect but ever since that thread started, the more involved members of that truce thread have become very hostile to giving any props to the other guy in question.  I see it from ND, Hulkster and you.  

Here's where you have it wrong. I consider Coleman one of the greatest bodybuilders of all times, unlike the guys on the Coleman side, who have called Dorian "overrated", a "construction worker", and posted pictures of barrels with twigs as Dorian. They have even go as far as using racist remarks, calling Dorian a "blocky White guy" and saying that dorian looked "pasty and frail". I dare you to find a single comment from me in that thread where I insulted Ronnie. The most I've said was that Coleman looked pregnant in 2003/4.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

England_1

• Getbig IV
« Reply #13 on: December 11, 2007, 05:54:06 AM »
What I want to know is how Ernie Taylor had the confidence to go out on stage with his triceps looking that ridiculous. What he did is akin to going out in public with a huge pimple on your nose  :-X
Team Yates

suckmymuscle

« Reply #14 on: December 11, 2007, 05:55:53 AM »
It's almost funny that anyone actually BELIEVES Flex should have won that show :o...

STFU. What do you know of bodybuilding? Go back to hugging semi-naked guys on the floor for a living... ;D

SUCKMYMUSCLE

gtbro1

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: December 11, 2007, 05:57:05 AM »
  Flex should have won. I first thought that Ronnie was the winner, and I do think this was by far his best Olympia performance, but after seeing the video I think that it's incorrect that Flex's conditioning was off. The more I watch of coleman, the more I'm disappointed. To be honest, I now am starting to think that 2005 might have been his best Olympia: sick size 2000 with the waist and conditioning of 1999 - not as good as 1998, though.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

too bad Flex didn't copy his 1993 conditioning where he was 0.0% body fat...it would have been no contest then.

Triple-H_2005

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • I mostly lurk...
« Reply #16 on: December 11, 2007, 06:01:18 AM »
 STFU. What do you know of bodybuilding? Go back to hugging semi-naked guys on the floor for a living... ;D

SUCKMYMUSCLE
Wha....

Okay.

The Master

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: December 11, 2007, 06:12:55 AM »

SUCKMYMUSCLE

Debussey thought TripleH666 sold antibiotics for several years. And now this comes out.

Oh no.

:)

Pet shop boys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #18 on: December 11, 2007, 06:48:53 AM »
When? I missed it.

Because Ronnie was better.

WOOSSSHHHHHHHHH

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
« Reply #19 on: December 11, 2007, 09:49:52 AM »
How the hell did Levrone place 4'rth????

should have been atleast 2'nd..

http://www.dailymotion.com/relevance/search/ZZK31/video/x35xag_zzk-98-part-2_sport

m8

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: December 11, 2007, 09:53:08 AM »
How the hell did Levrone place 4'rth????

should have been atleast 2'nd..

http://www.dailymotion.com/relevance/search/ZZK31/video/x35xag_zzk-98-part-2_sport

Legs maybe?
Bald Levrone was freaky, but that was not his best year.

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
« Reply #21 on: December 11, 2007, 09:57:54 AM »
Legs maybe?
Bald Levrone was freaky, but that was not his best year.
Flex or Nassers legs where not better.

upperbodywise it might have been one of his best years.

The_Leafy_Bug

« Reply #22 on: December 11, 2007, 10:06:11 AM »
That video is how bodybuilding shows should be presented today. Get rid of all the nonsense, cut points for dry humping and other embarrassing acts, no costumes, etc. There is no originality today. Wolfe is about the only thing bodybuilding has going for it today. Cut off points for guts and bloat, etc...

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #23 on: December 11, 2007, 10:12:16 AM »
That video is how bodybuilding shows should be presented today. Get rid of all the nonsense, cut points for dry humping and other embarrassing acts, no costumes, etc. There is no originality today. Wolfe is about the only thing bodybuilding has going for it today. Cut off points for guts and bloat, etc...

Makes sense, I was at the Arnold and some of the "routines" where down right embarrassing.   People where going crazy when the guy who won the best posing routine was gyrating all over the place.  That kind of stuff might work for their other career in gay for pay or as male dancers but its disgusting on a bodybuilding stage.( it could be indicative of the worst elements of bodybuilding becoming mainstream)  It would be alright if it was present only occasionally but its at every bodybuilder.  The black bodybuilders dance around to bad r&b and the white bodybuilders either play heavy metal or classical.  Its all the same.  But then again, what else can you do that this point.
A

kcballer

• Getbig V
  • In you I feel so pretty, In you I taste God
« Reply #24 on: December 11, 2007, 10:26:37 AM »
anyone else notice how sh*t nasser looks compared to flex, levrone and coleman? esp when they do the back double bi he gets smashed so bad by flex and coleman it's like dude why are you even here?? hahaha
Abandon every hope...