Author Topic: Troponin Nutrition book, NOW AVAILABLE  (Read 4204 times)

troponin

• Getbig III
  • www.troponinnutrition.com
Troponin Nutrition book, NOW AVAILABLE
« on: December 11, 2007, 10:17:23 AM »
I'm excited to announce the release of our first book: "Comprehensive Performance Nutrition."

The book is presented in an easy-to-follow question and answer format. 
Each answer is set up to provide a definable answer to each question.  This allows the reader to get a good understanding of each concept in one quick reading. 

I'm hoping this will become a desk reference for anyone interested in nutrition. 
Each question and answer is a separate portion of the book, and the book is also divided into 7 chapters to further provide ease of information. 

Check out www.TroponinNutrition.co m to purchase the book and our other available products.

You can purchase the book directly at this link: http://www.troponinnutrition.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=blogcategory&id=26&Itemid=51

Also remember that with our December promotion, all purchases of greater than $50 will receive a free t-shirt (XL unless specified differently upon purchase). 

To help prevent this post from being entirely spam, here is a little motivating picture for those going through a rough time.
www.trueprotein.com
Troponin Nutritio

Mars

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
Re: Troponin Nutrition book, NOW AVAILABLE
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2007, 10:21:39 AM »
Looks good mate, i hope your training is going fine!

Sir William Idol

• Getbig IV
  • you got a fight comin
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2007, 10:24:47 AM »
lets have the first chapter or some examples. every book on amazon is sold in such a way.
its comin today

troponin

• Getbig III
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2007, 10:26:14 AM »
Looks good mate, i hope your training is going fine!

I could link to a training log I have....but that might be an official spam over-kill.

Training is going well.  Tripled 685lbs plus 200lbs of band pressure on rack deads a few weeks ago.  Worked up to 625lbs on yolk squats without a belt or knee wraps last week.  Been doing a lot of totally raw training recently.  
Had some cheap German beer last night too, which was nice.
www.trueprotein.com
Troponin Nutritio

The_Leafy_Bug

« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2007, 10:27:14 AM »
Why would we want a Troponin nutrition book when one can buy one that is backed up with scientific information and international boards that decide what humans need? What do you have to offer that they don't?

Bast000

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Team Malk-Gallon
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2007, 10:29:26 AM »
Why would we want a Troponin nutrition book when one can buy one that is backed up with scientific information and international boards that decide what humans need? What do you have to offer that they don't?

an Amp of GH with every book order?

troponin

• Getbig III
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2007, 10:29:55 AM »
lets have the first chapter or some examples. every book on amazon is sold in such a way.

Will work on it.  
Most books on Amazon are sold without much relationship to the owner.  

Most of my stuff is sold based on the information I give on the net.  

I don't believe there will be much increase in sales by posting anything in the book.  Most of the people that will purchase it will purchase either way.  Posting anything from the book will probably do nothing more than give people a chance to "diss it," as they would say in '92.  

I'll try to link a few pages.
www.trueprotein.com
Troponin Nutritio

The_Leafy_Bug

« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2007, 10:31:36 AM »
an Amp of GH with every book order?
The funny thing about that is even then there would be no noticable results. He will probably say bodybuilders have significantly different nutrition needs then the average population. I love how some people feel the need to seperate themselves into groups as if they are superior.

troponin

• Getbig III
« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2007, 10:32:41 AM »

Less pictures and a lame cover.  
Some people may already have all those "international board" books, resulting in this being their only option.  

And, before you ask...no.  It's not on Oprah's book club list.
www.trueprotein.com
Troponin Nutritio

The_Leafy_Bug

« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2007, 10:34:19 AM »
Less pictures and a lame cover.  
Some people may already have all those "international board" books, resulting in this being their only option.  

And, before you ask...no.  It's not on Oprah's book club list.
So are you blaming the lack of results on the information presented in the books that are backed by science and trying to say you have the secret?

troponin

• Getbig III
« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2007, 10:37:18 AM »
The funny thing about that is even then there would be no noticable results. He will probably say bodybuilders have significantly different nutrition needs then the average population. I love how some people feel the need to seperate themselves into groups as if they are superior.

If you know what works for you, then keep on doing it.  

While understanding how certain food products could effect the enzyme that catalyses the production of malonyl CoA, and how this could effect fatty acid transfer to the mitochondria may not provide any EXTRA benefit to bodybuilders, the understanding of this could help bodybuilders just as much as the average person.  

Understanding nutrition can provide benefit to everyone, not just bodybuilders.  
www.trueprotein.com
Troponin Nutritio

Sir William Idol

• Getbig IV
  • you got a fight comin
« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2007, 10:41:15 AM »
Will work on it. 
Most books on Amazon are sold without much relationship to the owner. 

Most of my stuff is sold based on the information I give on the net. 

I don't believe there will be much increase in sales by posting anything in the book.  Most of the people that will purchase it will purchase either way. 
Posting anything from the book will probably do nothing more than give people a chance to "diss it," as they would say in '92. 

I'll try to link a few pages.

so are you admitting that the book cannot be sold solely based on the quality of its content?

dr. phil also came out with a diet book
its comin today

troponin

• Getbig III
« Reply #12 on: December 11, 2007, 10:45:25 AM »
So are you blaming the lack of results on the information presented in the books that are backed by science and trying to say you have the secret?

I'll help you one last time, capisce?

Lack of results typically has little to do incorrect information presented in books.  If someone has the correct information, the next step is application of that information.  

However, gathering the information is a tedious process.  This is largely a result of the self-indulgent nature of most books.  A book isn't generally considered "peer-review quality" unless no one can understand the information without a pocket thesaurus handy.  

I'm providing in formation in an easy-to-read question and answer format.  

The "secret" is the information.  I'm providing a more efficient way of getting that information.  

Also, my stuff is better than everything else, which helps.
www.trueprotein.com
Troponin Nutritio

Bast000

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Team Malk-Gallon
« Reply #13 on: December 11, 2007, 10:48:53 AM »
I'll help you one last time, capisce?

Lack of results typically has little to do incorrect information presented in books.  If someone has the correct information, the next step is application of that information. 

However, gathering the information is a tedious process.  This is largely a result of the self-indulgent nature of most books.  A book isn't generally considered "peer-review quality" unless no one can understand the information without a pocket thesaurus handy. 

I'm providing in formation in an easy-to-read question and answer format. 

The "secret" is the information.  I'm providing a more efficient way of getting that information. 

Also, my stuff is better than everything else, which helps.

I assume you don't discuss use of anabolics in the book, only the foods, so buyers are gonna be lacking significant information. 

troponin

• Getbig III
« Reply #14 on: December 11, 2007, 10:49:35 AM »
so are you admitting that the book cannot be sold solely based on the quality of its content?

dr. phil also came out with a diet book

The opposite actually.
I'm admitting that you won't buy my book based on what you read here.  The people that are interested in the book don't need much convincing of my knowledge, as I have much information posted around the net.  

Here are a few links:
Acetyl-CoA Carboxylase II, and its effects on fatty acid oxidation:
http://www.musculardevelopment.com/content/view/510/54/

High Molecular Weight Carbohydrates:
http://www.musculardevelopment.com/content/view/67/54/

Gamma-Linoleic acid as a potential tool for fat loss:
http://www.elitefts.com/documents/borageoil.htm

A recent article and interview with links to more information:
http://www.elitefts.com/documents/Troponin_Nutrition.htm
www.trueprotein.com
Troponin Nutritio

troponin

• Getbig III
« Reply #15 on: December 11, 2007, 10:54:15 AM »
Here's the first 2 pages of the book:

Justin,

How exactly does fat loss occur in the body?  Are there hormones or enzymes that do this?  Is this how ‘fat burners’ work?
________________________ ________________________ ______

Fat loss is the physiologic process of Lipolysis.  Lipolysis is the breakdown of the fat stored in fat cells.  This causes the release of fatty acids into the bloodstream to circulate through the body.  Ketones are also produced in this process.

Lipolysis is induced by:
Epinephrine: “adrenalin,” both a hormone and a neurotransmitter.
Norepinephrine: Same as epinephrine, minus a methyl group.
Glucagon: Opposite of insulin. A hormone that causes glycogen to be released.
Adrenocorticotropin Hormone (ACTH): Released from the pituitary gland in response to stimuli.

All of these increase cAMP production. 
      cAMP activates Protein Kinase A.
         Protein Kinase A activates Lipases.
Lipase:  Main enzyme responsible for breaking down fats in humans.
cAMP is a second messenger, involved in signal transduction.  It is necessary for hormones like glucagon and adrenalin (epinephrine and norepinephrine) to permeate cells.
When these fatty acids are released into the bloodstream, they can then be used for energy production by the body.

Justin,

In your recent article, “The Fat that Burns Fat,” you were talking about GLA (linoleic acid) as a supplement.  I currently use CLA (conjugated linoleic acid) as a supplement and on face value it looks like it’s derived from the same sort of thing. Are GLA/CLA essentially the same thing?

The reason I ask is that one is a reasonably expensive supplement and the other is a lot cheaper product from a health store.

CLA is a different product.

CLA is actually a trans fat.
Much of the recent evidence on CLA shows little benefit to healthy, exercising people in regards to body fat loss.

GLA, or gamma-linolenic acid, is a derivative of Omega 6 fatty acids, which are essential to human life. 
Linoleic acid, as you have written in your question, is different than GLA, although still an Omega 6 fatty acid.

Arachidonic acid, another derivative of Omega 6 fatty acids, is one of the most potent growth regulators of the body.

Omega 6 fatty acids are inflammatory and growth promoting.

I'm not a huge fan of CLA...although I feel the jury is still out on its benefits.

www.trueprotein.com
Troponin Nutritio

troponin

• Getbig III
« Reply #16 on: December 11, 2007, 02:57:59 PM »
We've had a few inquiries about this:

If you order the seminar DVD and the book, you are $0.02 short of $50. 
We are sending the free t-shirt in this situation. 

So, our seminar DVD and Book will get you a free t-shirt.
www.trueprotein.com
Troponin Nutritio

Overload

• Getbig V
  • KO Artist
« Reply #17 on: December 11, 2007, 03:06:45 PM »
Good stuff Justin.

8)

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: December 11, 2007, 04:02:13 PM »
Rinse ya beef.....there I just saved you $$$$

now buy my book....

"The Supplement Review IV Edition"

slayer

• Getbig IV
« Reply #19 on: December 11, 2007, 04:10:45 PM »
eat 2lbs or more of organic red meat a day and as much organic fruit and vegtables as you want!

plain and simple nothing is better for athletic performance then what I just told you and its as easy to follow as can be !

You can read all you want and know about every little macro nutrient detail , but everything will lead back to red meat, vegtables and fruit!

Just saved ya all a ton of reading and a few bucks!

oh and the best cla in the world is right in your organic red meat!

no need for exsplenations on who , what,when where or why just eat it! eat it anytime you friggin feel like!

the choad

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • King Of All Meltdowns
« Reply #20 on: December 11, 2007, 04:21:43 PM »
don't forget to drink your olive oil... ;D

Brutal_1

• Getbig V
  • Your best is...
« Reply #21 on: December 11, 2007, 04:53:58 PM »

Justin,

good luck with the "scholastic" venture  ;)

I don't know why you respond to some of these idiots on the board.   ::)

I'd personally like to see MORE books put out by athletes than these "scientists."

It's been a known fact, and any wise "scientist" will admit, that the athlete are ALWAYS two steps
ahead of science!! 

Um, how long were steroids being used before the AMA admitted that their is a "possibility" of increased performance  ::)  And I wouldn't get too carried away with what "studies" prove or disprove, hahahaha...I know from EXPERIENCE, that studies are skewed ALL THE TIME for the desired outcome, which of course, is almost always money.

Your two pages look very informative and detailed, although I'd be more interested in learning your training style/ techniques etc.  Concerning the nutrition/supplement angle...been there done that for years, I'm worn out!!  ;D

Again, best of luck, let me know if you're in town...we'll hit up a good leg workout!  ;)

just not good enough

troponin

• Getbig III
« Reply #22 on: December 11, 2007, 05:03:04 PM »

Justin,

good luck with the "scholastic" venture  ;)

I don't know why you respond to some of these idiots on the board.   ::)

I'd personally like to see MORE books put out by athletes than these "scientists."

It's been a known fact, and any wise "scientist" will admit, that the athlete are ALWAYS two steps
ahead of science!! 

Um, how long were steroids being used before the AMA admitted that their is a "possibility" of increased performance  ::)  And I wouldn't get too carried away with what "studies" prove or disprove, hahahaha...I know from EXPERIENCE, that studies are skewed ALL THE TIME for the desired outcome, which of course, is almost always money.

Your two pages look very informative and detailed, although I'd be more interested in learning your training style/ techniques etc.  Concerning the nutrition/supplement angle...been there done that for years, I'm worn out!!  ;D

Again, best of luck, let me know if you're in town...we'll hit up a good leg workout!  ;)

The chapters are:
Performance Nutrition: An Introduction

Fat Loss

Offseason Nutrition

General Nutrition

Supplements

Powerlifting

Training

So, there is a fair amount of training (both bodybuilding and powerlifting training). 

I just copy and pasted the first few questions from a word file of the first chapter above.
Thanks for the reply.
www.trueprotein.com
Troponin Nutritio