Author Topic: Bumper Stickers  (Read 1324 times)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Bumper Stickers
« on: December 11, 2007, 10:47:40 AM »
Two I saw yesterday:

"No One Died When Clinton Lied"   ::)

"Kucinich For President"  He is now tied with Ron Paul.   :D

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Re: Bumper Stickers
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2007, 11:26:45 AM »
"Kucinich For President"  He is now tied with Ron Paul.   :D

If Ron Paul runs as an Independent, the republican candidate loses.

Most of his votes will come from constitutional republicans.  His anti-abortion stance will scare any dems off.

Ron Paul would giftwrap the election for the Dem party.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2007, 12:43:14 PM »
It is possible Ron Paul could do what Ralph Nader in 2000, but I doubt he can pull enough votes to play spoiler. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2007, 01:34:29 PM »
It is possible Ron Paul could do what Ralph Nader in 2000, but I doubt he can pull enough votes to play spoiler. 

He's pulling 6% among repub voters now. 

In a 50-50 race, if he could grab even one vote he could influence the outcome.

And since his voters will be neo-republicans in the constitutional (not neocon) vein, he will hurt huck or rudy or mitt.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2007, 04:30:57 PM »
What exactly is a "constitutional Republican"?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2007, 09:11:05 PM »
What exactly is a "constitutional Republican"?

Ron Paul.  Strong believer in the constitution.  Rights of Americans.  Foreign trade but not nationbuilding.

Very different form the neoconservative republican (big spending, elective wars, bloated govt programs like DHS, limited civil rights, reckless justice, dept).

Purge_WTF

« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2007, 07:32:38 AM »
Ron Paul.  Strong believer in the constitution.  Rights of Americans.  Foreign trade but not nationbuilding.

Very different form the neoconservative republican (big spending, elective wars, bloated govt programs like DHS, limited civil rights, reckless justice, dept).

That's why I have his bumper sticker on my car right now. Got it off cafepress.com. My first bumper sticker, too.  :)

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2007, 07:39:12 AM »
Two I saw yesterday:

"No One Died When Clinton Lied"   ::)

"Kucinich For President"  He is now tied with Ron Paul.   :D
how is that worth an eye roll BB?  BUSH LIED... Didn't you get that downing streed memo :D  how many died because team bush fixed the intel around policy?  Who died when Clinton got sucked off? 

And that Ron Paul is even with Kucinich, thanks for validating how off the polls must be...  The number of people supporting Ron Paul is so clearly greater than Kucinich.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2007, 07:41:31 AM »
how is that worth an eye roll BB?  BUSH LIED... Didn't you get that downing streed memo :D  how many died because team bush fixed the intel around policy?  Who died when Clinton got sucked off? 

And that Ron Paul is even with Kucinich, thanks for validating how off the polls must be...  The number of people supporting Ron Paul is so clearly greater than Kucinich.

He is tied with Kucinich in terms of the number of bumper stickers I've seen:  one each.  It's a dead heat.   :)

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2007, 07:48:51 AM »
He is tied with Kucinich in terms of the number of bumper stickers I've seen:  one each.  It's a dead heat.   :)
you live in Hawaii ::) That you saw a Ron Paul sticker counts for more ;)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2007, 07:51:38 AM »
you live in Hawaii ::) That you saw a Ron Paul sticker counts for more ;)

People actually vote here too.   :)  But what I said in a previous thread is people are generally more focused on local politics. 

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: December 12, 2007, 07:51:48 AM »
BB, why the eye roll for the Clinton sticker?  Do you still think team Bush was actually mislead by bad intel despite the Downing Street Memos?

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: December 12, 2007, 08:07:02 AM »
BB, why the eye roll for the Clinton sticker?  Do you still think team Bush was actually mislead by bad intel despite the Downing Street Memos?

Now here is something we have never discussed before.   :)  The eye roll is because the bumper sticker is silly.  First, you cannot justify Clinton lying to the American people based on what someone else did or didn't say many years later. 

Second, no I don't think at the end of the day that there was bad intel.  We may have been given bad info from a person or two, but I agree with all of those Democrats who believed Saddam had WMDs and was a threat before we invaded.  I suspect they were moved out of the country.  We gave him too much time to prepare.  I was just talking to someone about this the other day who has been on the ground and he agrees.  There was too much smoke.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: December 12, 2007, 08:08:44 AM »
People actually vote here too.   :)  But what I said in a previous thread is people are generally more focused on local politics. 
I was refering to your state being more to the left.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: December 12, 2007, 09:44:10 AM »
I was refering to your state being more to the left.

Ah so.  Yes this is a liberal haven.  But we do have a two-term Republican governor and may have a third (Lt. Gov. Duke Aiona) who would make a terrific governor.

On the other hand, we have had several Republican events here and they draw quite well.  Also, when Bush was here a couple months ago or so people were all over him.   

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: December 12, 2007, 10:45:34 AM »
Now here is something we have never discussed before.   :)  The eye roll is because the bumper sticker is silly.  First, you cannot justify Clinton lying to the American people based on what someone else did or didn't say many years later. 

Second, no I don't think at the end of the day that there was bad intel.  We may have been given bad info from a person or two, but I agree with all of those Democrats who believed Saddam had WMDs and was a threat before we invaded.  I suspect they were moved out of the country.  We gave him too much time to prepare.  I was just talking to someone about this the other day who has been on the ground and he agrees.  There was too much smoke.

We've been over this 'bad intel' argument before.  The president had played up his slam-dunk WMD intel from CurveBall the Iraqi cab driver scam artist and had withheld from Congress the countervailing testimony of an Iraqi Cabinet member (a true insider).

So you were hoodwinked just like the rest of Congress when it gave Bush the authority to use force to disarm Iraq pursuant to UN Res. 1441.  Which Bush violated.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: December 12, 2007, 12:19:05 PM »
We've been over this 'bad intel' argument before.  The president had played up his slam-dunk WMD intel from CurveBall the Iraqi cab driver scam artist and had withheld from Congress the countervailing testimony of an Iraqi Cabinet member (a true insider).

So you were hoodwinked just like the rest of Congress when it gave Bush the authority to use force to disarm Iraq pursuant to UN Res. 1441.  Which Bush violated.

Yes, we've been down this road.  Bill, Hillary, Ted Kennedy, Al Gore, John Kerry, numerous other Democrats and Republicans in Congress, Clinton cabinet members, etc. were all duped by Bush.  Including those who were duped before Bush took office.