Author Topic: With so much support, people other than myself smell foul play...  (Read 1274 times)

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
I'm seeing more and more comments from others who are dumbfounded at how the polls to reflect the numbers they know exist.

Independent polls
On December 7th, 2007 Wayne Goodfellow says:
It has become crystal clear that polls are being rigged by the MSM and other organizations to deliberately minimize the level of support for Ron Paul. This explains the very large discrepancy between the straw polls and local and national polls undertaken by large media organizations. The objective is to discourage Ron Paul supporters and to leave potential supporters with the mistaken impression that Ron Paul does not stand a chance. This is a very serious issue because it goes to the heart of a "free press" in a democracy.

To counter the rigged polls, the next major initiative of the Ron Paul revolution should be to raise funds to have fair and transparent polls undertaken by a credible and independent polling firm.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
Re: With so much support, people other than myself smell foul play...
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2007, 08:40:03 PM »
This is fucked up, helps explain the polls:  Here is a recorded polling call.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2007, 10:11:19 AM »
Berserker why would the media all around the country be conspiring to suppress Ron Paul's poll numbers? 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2007, 10:23:03 AM »
Berserker why would the media all around the country be conspiring to suppress Ron Paul's poll numbers? 

i dont buy into a conspiracy here... but since you asked...

GE owns NBC and had hundreds of millions of $ in weapons contracts.  Also the war is good for news business, who have to report on BJs and forest fires without a war.  Some media outlets do have motive for the war alone.  Look at his other positions - some of what i dont like - abolishing federal reserve... holy shit... that'll cost the corporations so much damn $....

ROn Paul i sbeing downplayed cause he will make shit messy.  I admit, I like him and I love his honesty, but I don't want shit mixed up that much either.  Do you have any clue what happens to your retirement package when he closes the fed?  And the IRS>  And the UN building.  And everything else he's vowed to abolish. 

It'd be a mess. Some are ready for that kinda mess, I'm honestly not.  Lotsa people would lose lots of $.  I don't follow people saying it's happening, cause honestly, I care more about the Bucs winning sunday... if ppl are stupid enough to vote along poll numbers, they're asses anyway.  But yeah BB, there is motive.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2007, 10:24:28 AM »
While I don't buy into a conspiracy - I will say that some media people have gone out of their way to shit on Ron paul when they're supposed to be objective... I'd ask YOU to tell us why.

Sean Hannity accuses Paul supporters of  cheating in the online voting.   Zero evidence.  He just irresponsibly reports that.  WHy would Hannity do that?

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2007, 10:43:39 AM »
So if I understand this conspiracy, ABC, NBC, CBS, MSNBC, CNN, Fox, and all of the various mainstream local media outlets and polling entities are attempting to suppress Ron Paul's poll numbers because of weapons contracts and because war is good for business? 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2007, 10:53:42 AM »
So if I understand this conspiracy, ABC, NBC, CBS, MSNBC, CNN, Fox, and all of the various mainstream local media outlets and polling entities are attempting to suppress Ron Paul's poll numbers because of weapons contracts and because war is good for business? 

No.  Don't be a dick.  I said I didn't subscribe to it.  You asked:

why would the media all around the country be conspiring to suppress Ron Paul's poll numbers? 

I gave you motive.  I never said they were.

Tell me this... if you could make a billion $ over the next 5 years by downplaying the impact of one of the candidates, would you?

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2007, 11:02:13 AM »
i dont buy into a conspiracy here... but since you asked...

GE owns NBC and had hundreds of millions of $ in weapons contracts.  Also the war is good for news business, who have to report on BJs and forest fires without a war.  Some media outlets do have motive for the war alone.  Look at his other positions - some of what i dont like - abolishing federal reserve... holy shit... that'll cost the corporations so much damn $....

Hmm, but to counter this notion how do you explain GE buying up all the carbon tax credits? Waiting for when the feds put the hammer down on clean air act. Ron Paul wants no government interference with companies that pollute he aims to bill them for libel acts against the environment, not tax them
GE looks to make trillions not millions when the time comes, having Ron in office would hamper this.
Weapons contracts come and go and that is politics, enough kickback and you can stay in control of issues such as that.

But I do agree with BK, you should not rely on polls....use YOUR past experience, combined with your intuitive notions.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2007, 11:41:46 AM »
No.  Don't be a dick.  I said I didn't subscribe to it.  You asked:

I gave you motive.  I never said they were.

Tell me this... if you could make a billion $ over the next 5 years by downplaying the impact of one of the candidates, would you?

Did I say you subscribed to it?  Quit acting like a paranoid, petulant adolescent.

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2007, 11:56:09 AM »
Does Ron Paul really provide a story? It's no secret he gets no mentions, compared with McCain who's name comes up 95,000 times against Ron's 5,000 times in like a 4 month period on primetime television.

I actually don't remember ever seeing Ron Paul on a TV chart or poll, CNN Lou Dobbs a few times maybe