Author Topic: Tom Prince Legs  (Read 8311 times)

Nordic Beast

• Getbig V
  • Old World Values
Re: Tom Prince Legs
« Reply #25 on: December 12, 2007, 01:06:03 PM »
as much as people hate Prince-----he really was incredible in terms of muscle size, especially his hamstrings, some of teh largest I have ever seen on any human being :o

YoungBlood

• Getbig V
  • Weee!
« Reply #26 on: December 12, 2007, 01:10:21 PM »
I wonder wtf he did for his hams

There is a thread over at Mayhem where he details his training. Nothing special, I think it was 9 sets of the standard lying leg curls, SLDL's, and one leg standing curls. He said (and research backs up) one thing he did was to go HEAVY on all hamstring movements. Hams are a fast twitch based muscle group. I'll try and find it later, possibly.

240 or Bust,

Tom's pictures which were once claimed on mayhem to be either natural or only one or two cycles completed, around 1992 (Tom's age = 23):

http://www.darkwoods.com/bodybuilder/male/bb/gallery/fullsize/prince26.jpg

http://www.darkwoods.com/bodybuilder/male/bb/gallery/fullsize/prince27.jpg

In those photos, Tom "claims" to be natural, and weighing 240lbs or around there. I don't think he was natural there, not for a minute. :-\

20inch calves

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: December 12, 2007, 01:35:24 PM »
i read that he would go heavy weight on leg curls for 5-6 reps..whatever he did it worked.
in an interview he also said as a beginer he would practice squezzing his hamstrings at home to get use to feeling the hamstrings contract.
irongearco.com

emn1964

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #28 on: December 12, 2007, 02:03:49 PM »
looks more like Tom Prine

Meso_z

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: December 12, 2007, 02:05:28 PM »
booooooooooooooooooooooo oooooommmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm mmmmmm!!!!!!

YoungBlood

• Getbig V
  • Weee!
« Reply #30 on: December 12, 2007, 02:08:15 PM »
http://www.chadnicholls.net/forums/showthread.php?t=10531&highlight=Hamstrings

Quote from: ProPrince
I'm sorry.. I'm not really allowed to answer training questions on websites, apparently.   

Guys like MASSMONSTER24 think it's funny (or pathetic), that teenagers and beginners have questions about training, and that somehow, I'm a shithead for answering these teenager's questions.

Well..  MASSMONSER24 will have to forgive me this one last time.

NO, stiff leg's are not a must.  You can build great hams without them, in my opinion.  But, you'll have to lying leg curls, seated leg curls, and standing single leg curls.   I'd do a minimum of 3 sets of each.  That's lot of leg curling movements, but that's what it takes to build great hams.
[/i]

http://www.chadnicholls.net/forums/showthread.php?t=2054&highlight=Hamstrings

Quote from: ProPrince
EAST COAST:  Glad you liked the BodyRock and my guest posing.  As always, I had fun doing it. 

OK, so, first off, the number of sets that I do:  On average, I do 12 sets per bodypart.  But, that's an average.  If you want EAXACT numbers it's:  12 sets for chest, back, biceps; 13-14 sets for shoulders; 10-11 sets sets for tri's; 9 sets for quads and hamstrings; and 8 sets for calves (twice per week).

My reps are based on how my joints feel that day.  It's been like that for 7-8 years now.  If everything is healthy, then I do 5-8 reps for my UPPER BODY.  Ditto for hamstring and calves.   QUADS, is always 10-15 reps.  I may go down to 6 reps on my last set of squats if I go really heavy, but that's rare for me anymore.
[/i]

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: December 12, 2007, 02:31:41 PM »
booooooooooooooooooooooooooooommmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!!!!!!

boy, did they crash and burn!  :-[

20inch calves

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: December 12, 2007, 04:47:33 PM »
prince beat titus.
irongearco.com