Author Topic: How many of you don't listen to music when training.  (Read 1546 times)

chainsaw

• Getbig IV
How many of you don't listen to music when training.
« on: December 12, 2007, 12:25:47 PM »
At the old world gym in Venice there was no music.  Vince Gironda didn't allow music in his gym in studio city.  I got my mp3 stolen, and I've since been not listening to any music.  A nice change actually.
Most are all show no go!

JasonH

• Getbig V
Re: How many of you don't listen to music when training.
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2007, 12:28:23 PM »
I don't listen to music much when I'm training.

Yep. That's pretty much my answer to that question.  ;D

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2007, 12:28:31 PM »
At the old world gym in Venice there was no music.  Vince Gironda didn't allow music in his gym in studio city.  I got my mp3 stolen, and I've since been not listening to any music.  A nice change actually.
I JUST LISTEN TO THE CLANK OF THE PLATES AND THE BENDING OF IRON BROTHERS. THAT AND THE SOUND OF BLOOD SWEAT AND TEARS HITTING THE GROUND!!! RAWWWWRRRRRRRR

Stark

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2007, 12:32:10 PM »
The new Gym I'm training is the first gym I have ever trained were I actually want to talk to the people, the gym has some awesome Powerlifters and hardcore lifters just people who have fun and love to move weight.

They have radio in the background but I don't even mind that.

Havenbull

• Getbig IV
  • Damn it
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2007, 12:46:22 PM »
My gym just got the rubber coated Ivanko plates  >:(  Noiseless !!

I needs me music

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2007, 12:48:36 PM »
Um, my gym has 2 floors. The upstairs has music, the down stairs does not. One time I tried to bring my ipod to the gym, but the damn wire always gets in the way! Even when I tuck it under my shirt, the wire feels weird against my body. Yes,  I am weird lol.......
X

Stark

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2007, 12:49:34 PM »
Um, my gym has 2 floors. The upstairs has music, the down stairs does not. One time I tried to bring my ipod to the gym, but the damn wire always gets in the way! Even when I tuck it under my shirt, the wire feels weird against my body. Yes,  I am weird lol.......

nah you are not, I have the same feeling.

BigNBloated

• Getbig III
  • Always bet on Duke.
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2007, 12:53:02 PM »
An mp3 player always seemed to get in the way with me.  I tried a couple times but never liked the hassle.  I feel its easier for me to focus without it anyway. 

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2007, 12:54:40 PM »
nah you are not, I have the same feeling.

Good, because I thought I was the only one out there that experienced that lol.... ;D
X

Livewire

• Getbig IV
  • I call Nasser.
« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2007, 12:55:51 PM »
  I got my mp3 stolen, and I've since been not listening to any music.  A nice change actually.

I'm enjoying the hell out of your mp3 player.

You did have some bullshit on it.  I had to format it and put my own jams on there.

Good looking out, brah.
Nasser called Palumbo an acromegalion

candidizzle

• Getbig V
  • Trueprotein.com 5% discount code= TRB953
« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2007, 01:01:36 PM »
whatever is playing i the gym is what im forced t listen to.   
during the day they have some bullshit playing..its always on "top 20 on 20" (if any one is familiar with xm radio). but at night my friend steve that works the front desk will turn up the volume a bit and play some good house/trance music... that stuffs works well for working out.

Captain Equipoise

• Getbig V
  • back from the dead...
« Reply #11 on: December 12, 2007, 01:09:25 PM »
I always bring an mp3 player... hate the music the gym plays and it stops people from bugging you for advice or a spot... well most of the time.

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: December 12, 2007, 01:12:19 PM »
hahahaha, i love all these hardcore, "i don't talk to anyone, listen to music, look at anyone, acknowledge anyone....i just blast my massive 85 pound bb curls and stare at the ground between sets" ::)

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #13 on: December 12, 2007, 01:14:19 PM »
hahahaha, i love all these hardcore, "i don't talk to anyone, listen to music, look at anyone, acknowledge anyone....i just blast my massive 85 pound bb curls and stare at the ground between sets" ::)

Well, I really don't mind music, but when I bring my ipod, the wire gets in the way. Now, if they invented a wireless ipod, that would be a whole different story!
X

Captain Equipoise

• Getbig V
  • back from the dead...
« Reply #14 on: December 12, 2007, 01:15:36 PM »

LOL, excuse me for going to the gym to WORK OUT and not socialize with everyone... I don't spend more then 45-1h in the gym, have other things to do :)

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: December 12, 2007, 01:16:05 PM »
Well, I really don't mind music, but when I bring my ipod, the wire gets in the way. Now, if they invented a wireless ipod, that would be a whole different story!
i know, i'm just talking about these Animal Pak wannabe's who try to pull off the Animal Pak ads in the gym when they weigh half as much, are using a third of the weight those guys use and are basically little bitches.

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: December 12, 2007, 01:17:57 PM »
LOL, excuse me for going to the gym to WORK OUT and not socialize with everyone... I don't spend more then 45-1h in the gym, have other things to do :)

the strongest dude i've ever known in my life was the biggest joker in the gym, always smiling and laughing and joking around with people and could push 500 for 4 reps on the bench, barbell military 315 for full range and squat 700 for 5-6, if he can do it anyone can do it, it's your strength and size that make you hardcore not some phony tough guy attitude.

bigmc

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: December 12, 2007, 01:18:18 PM »
my music is my screams of pain as i knock out brutal 20lb dumbell curls  8)
T

BigNBloated

• Getbig III
  • Always bet on Duke.
« Reply #18 on: December 12, 2007, 01:18:58 PM »
Id just rather not have that shit blasting in my ears and little ear phones falling out half the time. Extreme annoyance. Music during cardio is a life saver though, wont do it without it.

candidizzle

• Getbig V
  • Trueprotein.com 5% discount code= TRB953
« Reply #19 on: December 12, 2007, 01:31:24 PM »
they actually do have that...it sends the signal to the head phones using bluetooth technology..   not sure if it is available for ipod specifically, or how much it costs...but i know they do make those.

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: December 12, 2007, 01:34:30 PM »
I used to listen to music... no more. 

I only use earbuds when i'm on the treadmill... plugged into one of the televisions overhead.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #21 on: December 12, 2007, 01:40:42 PM »
they actually do have that...it sends the signal to the head phones using bluetooth technology..   not sure if it is available for ipod specifically, or how much it costs...but i know they do make those.
Oh, thanks.Have to ask santa for one of those possibly lol...
X

Captain Equipoise

• Getbig V
  • back from the dead...
« Reply #22 on: December 12, 2007, 01:41:20 PM »
the strongest dude i've ever known in my life was the biggest joker in the gym, always smiling and laughing and joking around with people and could push 500 for 4 reps on the bench, barbell military 315 for full range and squat 700 for 5-6, if he can do it anyone can do it, it's your strength and size that make you hardcore not some phony tough guy attitude.

I agree totally, but some people just want to get in and out of the gym quickly.. others like to hang around for hours a.k.a gym rats...