Author Topic: Insulin  (Read 2966 times)

theworm

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Insulin
« on: December 12, 2007, 04:22:50 PM »
I am not an endocrinologist, but I am curious about the use of insulin in BB.  Sounds good in that it does not carry a label such as steroids.  Will not cause a lot of steroid side effects (cholesterol, hair loss, acne, etc).  And is considered one of the most anabolic hormones in the body.

But what is the flip side?  We all know about hypoglycemia, coma, etc.  But what are the long term effects of the cardiovascular system.  More importantly, would use eventually lead to diabetes?  I know Milos uses the short acting after a workout and a high glucose load.  But does this dysregulate your system and somehow years later you develop diabetes?  Does anyone have any evidence of its long term safety?  I am unaware of any studies, because we (the medical community) would never give insulin to a patient who does not technically "need" it.  ie. why would we study it in people with normal levels of insulin?  no need.  anyone with more knowledge on this?

Just seems that once insulin came about, more pros started having health concerns.  I know it may be due to other aspects such as diuretics, GH, etc, but makes you wonder. 

you are gay.

Brutal_1

• Getbig V
  • Your best is...
Re: Insulin
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2007, 05:09:03 PM »

Oh boy...here we go again  :o
just not good enough

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2007, 05:12:08 PM »
sometimes you can't listen to others.  You just have to go to the pharmacy, buy a case of it, go home and give it a shot.  Don't be held back by the mental limits of others.  After you do a few shots and then drink a beer and sleep it off, post about your newfound growth.

Note - this will kill you.  Don't really do this.  I shouldnt have to write this, but you just never know who will take you seriously.

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2007, 05:13:31 PM »
I am not an endocrinologist, but I am curious about the use of insulin in BB.  Sounds good in that it does not carry a label such as steroids.  Will not cause a lot of steroid side effects (cholesterol, hair loss, acne, etc).  And is considered one of the most anabolic hormones in the body.

But what is the flip side?  We all know about hypoglycemia, coma, etc.  But what are the long term effects of the cardiovascular system.  More importantly, would use eventually lead to diabetes?  I know Milos uses the short acting after a workout and a high glucose load.  But does this dysregulate your system and somehow years later you develop diabetes?  Does anyone have any evidence of its long term safety?  I am unaware of any studies, because we (the medical community) would never give insulin to a patient who does not technically "need" it.  ie. why would we study it in people with normal levels of insulin?  no need.  anyone with more knowledge on this?

Just seems that once insulin came about, more pros started having health concerns.  I know it may be due to other aspects such as diuretics, GH, etc, but makes you wonder. 

It was used in psychiatry back in the day. Perhaps there has been some follow up on these patients.  :D

BTW, this thread has been posted so many times, yet no one has really put up any real good info. Strong opinions yes, but other than that, no.

theworm

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2007, 06:05:38 PM »
Also, what will insulin/gh do to the economics of the underground steroid world?

more people on slin/hg ---> less on roids? -----> less demand for roids-----> price go down?
you are gay.

YoungBlood

• Getbig V
  • Weee!
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2007, 06:12:44 PM »
Note - this will kill you.  Don't really do this.  I shouldnt have to write this, but you just never know who will take you seriously.

The 240 of old (pre ankle biter, that is) would never have posted a caveat.

What happened to you? ;D

KillerMonk

• Getbig IV
  • Future President Of USA
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2007, 06:19:36 PM »

Unless you are a very experienced BB with years of Knowledge about all type of Drugs,For me i would not touch Slin with a Barge Pole
Arnold For President 2012.2016

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2007, 06:21:33 PM »
The 240 of old (pre ankle biter, that is) would never have posted a caveat.

What happened to you? ;D

People have turned into a bunch of sue-happy little bitches.

YoungBlood

• Getbig V
  • Weee!
« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2007, 06:23:10 PM »
Nah, I think you changed a bit too.

(But I agree with you!)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2007, 06:25:27 PM »
Nah, I think you changed a bit too.

(But I agree with you!)

yeah, back in the day i would have made a fake WebMD page with directions of injecting 2 big syringes of insulin into the ass cheek, followed by a double whey shake and hit the sack.  I might have even put a Bob Chic article in the sidebar with a separate co-owning.  Of course, today, some assclown might do it and his family would try to sue when his silly ass didn't wake up.  And I would feel bad that I killed a guy, even if it was a really really stupid one.

YoungBlood

• Getbig V
  • Weee!
« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2007, 06:56:09 PM »

....even if it was a really really stupid one.

You mean like the Niner fan that fell 20 ft. to his death this past weekend?

http://sportsline.com/mcc/messages/chrono/5245838/0/0/5266704#ID5266704

joelocal

« Reply #11 on: December 12, 2007, 07:07:41 PM »

BTW, this thread has been posted so many times, yet no one has really put up any real good info. Strong opinions yes, but other than that, no.

Can you find that study I posted up a while ago about the effects of insulin overuse?

Livewire

• Getbig IV
  • I call Nasser.
« Reply #12 on: December 12, 2007, 07:12:08 PM »
You mean like the Niner fan that fell 20 ft. to his death this past weekend?

http://sportsline.com/mcc/messages/chrono/5245838/0/0/5266704#ID5266704

"i don't think that was an accident, i think it was suicide. not to mock someone's death, but if i were at the Vikings game i probably would've killed myself too."
Nasser called Palumbo an acromegalion

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #13 on: December 12, 2007, 07:12:12 PM »

Can you find that study I posted up a while ago about the effects of insulin overuse?

I don't want to pay money to access the study you linked to. Can't you cut and paste the thing here?

Here's a website you will love Joe  :D
http://www.rajeun.net/usinginsulin.html

joelocal

« Reply #14 on: December 12, 2007, 07:26:56 PM »
I don't want to pay money to access the study you linked to. Can't you cut and paste the thing here?

Yeah, I'll find it later when I get off work.

Here's a website you will love Joe  :D
http://www.rajeun.net/usinginsulin.html

I don't have time to read that, but if it says what I think it does, I already said there have been case studies that link insulin use to longevity. my thing is using for bodybuilding purposes in astronomical doses that makes is not only rediculous but dangerous. Again, it effects every organ, every delivery system in the body and at the doses that some of these guys use it WILL eventually do some long term damage.

Remember the dude in my show who beat me out of 5th in the Masters with the tracking devise on his ankle? 60iu's plus he loaded on it, we had a long talk after pre-judging.

Livewire

• Getbig IV
  • I call Nasser.
« Reply #15 on: December 12, 2007, 07:35:07 PM »

joe, you're citing insulin use again for why you were beat.

I believe that bodybuilders who use insulin just look better.

If you hadn't used it, and you had won, I'd listen.

But you didn't use insulin, you got 6th, and looked like this:

joelocal

« Reply #16 on: December 12, 2007, 07:41:32 PM »
joe, you're citing insulin use again for why you were beat.

I believe that bodybuilders who use insulin just look better.

If you hadn't used it, and you had won, I'd listen.

But you didn't use insulin, you got 6th, and looked like this:

Oh brother, here we go again, I'm so glad you're focused on my ass so much.....lets take another look shall we?

The "winner" David Hughs

Me...

Livewire

• Getbig IV
  • I call Nasser.
« Reply #17 on: December 12, 2007, 07:45:58 PM »
Oh brother, here we go again, I'm so glad you're focused on my ass so much.....lets take another look shall we?

your arms and thighs were too small.  bad bad symmetry.

not ragging on you.  You should fire the guy who did your precontest prep - he obviously starved you and brought you in flat.  Yeah, you were dry in the back, but your arms and legs were overdieted.  Fire him.  Hire a magic 8 ball - you'll get better results.

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #18 on: December 12, 2007, 07:53:57 PM »
I don't have time to read that, but if it says what I think it does, I already said there have been case studies that link insulin use to longevity. my thing is using for bodybuilding purposes in astronomical doses that makes is not only rediculous but dangerous. Again, it effects every organ, every delivery system in the body and at the doses that some of these guys use it WILL eventually do some long term damage.

Remember the dude in my show who beat me out of 5th in the Masters with the tracking devise on his ankle? 60iu's plus he loaded on it, we had a long talk after pre-judging.

Yeah it's possible there will be some damage, I just want to see specifics, and mechanisms for this damage. If we are talking about the doses Milos talks about, 5-40IU per day, I don't know if I'd call that astronomical from a normal physiological perspective. I'm more concerned with possible dysregulation of the system (which theworm mentioned), than damage from the insulin itself. If there was some dysregulation after using it and BG shot up that would indeed be dangerous.

That guys gut was probably distended even worse than usual due to all the food he had to eat to cover the insulin.

pellius

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith Jones aka OnlyMe/NoWorries. 1/10/2011
« Reply #19 on: December 13, 2007, 02:05:04 AM »

What do you mean? Milos said that if you just think about it the answer will come.

musclehedz

• Getbig IV
« Reply #20 on: December 13, 2007, 05:37:09 AM »
Insuline is very effective, but make one mistake and you end up in a coma. It can kill you.

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: December 13, 2007, 05:46:15 AM »
a very dear friend of mine just had a slin incident... to give you an idea. She has lost ALL her memory, can't retain things for longer than 3 hours and every day her family has to tell her who she is an what's happened and everything else you cna think of. She was only out for a few hours which normally can be brought back no problem. it's a risk you take...