Author Topic: The Fate and Future of AAS?  (Read 2236 times)

warrant800

• Getbig II
The Fate and Future of AAS?
« on: December 13, 2007, 06:27:18 AM »
By 2030, the number of older Americans is expected to double from 35 million to 70 million. The percentage of the total population that is aged 65 or older is expected to grow from 12 percent in 2000 to 20 percent in 2030.  Why bring this up in this forum....Simple....Even though currently the Feds are going after Pro athletes and black market juice, there are HRT clinics popping up daily and older americans ( not all of them older, wink) are taking advantage of HRT clinics.....I read that Signature pharmacy had a client list of over 128,000 people....How many of them were professional people, politicians, cops, and just everyday joes that are looking to stay young as long as possible and enjoy a quality of life that previously was thought to be lost due  to declining hormone levels brought on by aging....Well, that number is going to climb....There will always be underground labs and black market juice, but I also believe that as the people that make the laws now die off and younger persons take their place, someone is going to lead the hormone replacement revolution that will keep this thing going.  We are already seeing it with magazines like Muscular Development and people like John Romano.  Doing this through HRT clinics makes more  sense, guarantees product quality, is safer due to mandatory blood level monitoring, and eliminates the riff raff that sometimes is not so honest when dealing in the black market.....Hey just my two cents....

trab

• Getbig V
Re: The Fate and Future of AAS?
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2007, 06:45:35 AM »
The "Traditional Medical Establishment" is outright combative to even the mention of Testosterone.

That and the Insh industry and HMOs and their Attorneys  is the big problem.
We'll be footing the bill on our own and fighting the Medical establishment for a long time IMO.

They want us all wearin a helmet, resporator, Kevlar vest, safety glasses, Safety harness, and CONDOM
while we work at a desk....  ;D

busyB

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Have a Nice Day!
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2007, 06:53:34 AM »
By 2030, the number of older Americans is expected to double from 35 million to 70 million. The percentage of the total population that is aged 65 or older is expected to grow from 12 percent in 2000 to 20 percent in 2030.  Why bring this up in this forum....Simple....Even though currently the Feds are going after Pro athletes and black market juice, there are HRT clinics popping up daily and older Americans ( not all of them older, wink) are taking advantage of HRT clinics.....I read that Signature pharmacy had a client list of over 128,000 people....How many of them were professional people, politicians, cops, and just everyday joes that are looking to stay young as long as possible and enjoy a quality of life that previously was thought to be lost due  to declining hormone levels brought on by aging....Well, that number is going to climb....There will always be underground labs and black market juice, but I also believe that as the people that make the laws now die off and younger persons take their place, someone is going to lead the hormone replacement revolution that will keep this thing going.  We are already seeing it with magazines like Muscular Development and people like John Romano.  Doing this through HRT clinics makes more  sense, guarantees product quality, is safer due to mandatory blood level monitoring, and eliminates the riff raff that sometimes is not so honest when dealing in the black market.....Hey just my two cents....

Nice Post. Does anyone go this route now and use their insurance?

Only in my 30's now, which I just realized I will be one of those percentages in 2030  >:(, but when my test crashed to 100 in '05, my insurance would have covered anything he prescribed me up to 85% after co-pay. That is not bad considering some insurance will not cover any hormones no matter if they were prescribed or not. That has to change in this country. Hopefully, by '30 it will....

Remember though, HRT clinics will only script what is necessary to get back in you "normal range". Most right now are at 200 mg wk or the worthless creams(Androgel) @ 5%. If you want to get big, you are going to have to add a bit of other prouducts to the cycle. These HRT clinics are all over here in AZ and one doc got his hand slapped for scripting to athletes, bodybuilders, etc.

trab

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2007, 06:55:59 AM »
My experience with the medical system is its a waste of gas to even bother with them.
Go straight to the HRT route if you want anything.

I dont think it will change much or fast.

busyB

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Have a Nice Day!
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2007, 09:45:03 AM »
True......Traditional doctors have very little or no knowledge of hormone replacement therapy and are afraid to prescribe because of possible legal ramifications....much better to go right to the HRT clinics and have a face to face checkup with their doctor.....and most of the time, you can purchase up to a years supply if you want.....and since you control the administration of such therapy............ ;D        it is dosage dependant on you.....IMO though  mega doses are not needed to get some real good strength, size,feeling of well being along with the test levels of a few 18 year old kids!!!! ::)

Where are these clinics at??? Sports Medicine docs are usually alright as well..

The ones I know of here make you come back after 4 weeks and only give you enough for a month at a time. Usual dose only 200mg a week.

Those that you can "stock up" were the ones that got busted (Florida). At least that is what I thought...

local hero

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • mma finance warrior of peace
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2007, 11:54:27 AM »
i cant imagine many clinics getting away with giving a years worth of gear away for very long... in the uk u have to go along for your monthly shot, administerd by a doctor... so theres no way of making gains, unless you use it as a top up to your secret cycle

i think your country is fucked as far as steroids are concerned from now on, cant see anyone changing laws to allow it... just as cannabis and the like will never be legal, its never going to be a vote winner

Emmortal

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2007, 01:51:40 PM »
I'm not so sure about that.  The focus seems to have shifted to steroids and away from other drugs, while marijuana has become legal for medicinal purposes in states such as California, Alaska, New Mexico and Nevada.  I can walk into a brick and morter store, flash my legally issued card and buy as much pot as I can carry out.

Ask me if that could happen 10 years ago and I'd die of laughter.  I think we're just kind of in that stage right now due to the Olympics coming up where the focus is on something just so the government doesn't appear to be doing nothing at all to the average joe.  It will get back to normal in a year or two.

trab

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2007, 01:55:41 PM »
I'm not so sure about that.  The focus seems to have shifted to steroids and away from other drugs, while marijuana has become legal for medicinal purposes in states such as California, Alaska, New Mexico and Nevada.  I can walk into a brick and morter store, flash my legally issued card and buy as much pot as I can carry out.

Ask me if that could happen 10 years ago and I'd die of laughter.  I think we're just kind of in that stage right now due to the Olympics coming up where the focus is on something just so the government doesn't appear to be doing nothing at all to the average joe.  It will get back to normal in a year or two.

Huh, not by me. Thats4 sure.
 Be lookin at Fellony charges for a bag that the cops would of laughed at in the 70's.

busyB

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Have a Nice Day!
« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2007, 01:57:53 PM »

Weed does not make me hit a baseball further, I just get hungry and go to sleep.  8)

My point is, they are after performance enhancing drugs right now. Turn on ESPN and see what non-sense is going on right now..

HRT Clinics will not let you walk out with a year supply, how do they know that person will not go and sell it? That is a lot of gear!! This government shit may linger longer than a year or two.

As for the weed, my mom says she can only buy an OZ. at a time with her card. She is in Cali.

Emmortal

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2007, 01:58:21 PM »
Cops in LA are different I suppose.  You get a ticket for anything less than an ounce.  I think the law is that it's still illegal to have a certain amount on you, that's why it's not smart to buy a pound from the clinic and then light up a huge bong right out front.  People get busted for that of course because they are stupid.

thelamefalsehood

• Getbig IV
  • I love lamp
« Reply #10 on: December 13, 2007, 03:34:38 PM »
People are waking up to see how big of a joke all of this is. Read through other message boards, not just bodybuilding boards, and people see through this whole facade that steroids are these evil killers. It's bad right now and I don't think it can get much worse, but, with a new administration in the white house set to take over within the next year and all the other major problems we have, this will go to the backburner once again. I don't think they will ever be legal to a point that they are in other countries, but a look the other way attitude will take over with the general public once again.

Captain Equipoise

• Getbig V
  • back from the dead...
« Reply #11 on: December 13, 2007, 04:16:42 PM »
I get all my test (enth, cyp and andriol) medical grade, covered by insurance and right from the pharmacy :)

I end up paying $5.50 for a 10cc bottle of pharma grade test

busyB

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Have a Nice Day!
« Reply #12 on: December 13, 2007, 04:22:40 PM »
I get all my test (enth, cyp and andriol) medical grade, covered by insurance and right from the pharmacy :)

I end up paying $5.50 for a 10cc bottle of pharma grade test

Where are you living and who is your carrier??? Can I get on your family plan please?  ;D WOW, jealous man...

Assume you and your doc have a good relationship, no??

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #13 on: December 13, 2007, 04:47:30 PM »
People are waking up to see how big of a joke all of this is. Read through other message boards, not just bodybuilding boards, and people see through this whole facade that steroids are these evil killers. It's bad right now and I don't think it can get much worse, but, with a new administration in the white house set to take over within the next year and all the other major problems we have, this will go to the backburner once again. I don't think they will ever be legal to a point that they are in other countries, but a look the other way attitude will take over with the general public once again.
Absolutely now way! The next administration will view steroids in the exact same way...and the one after that and the one after that.
The problem is congress, both sides of the aisle. The steroid issue is used to catapult their own persona...the idea is they must be doing their job, they most be a good representative if they are against steroids.

But the biggest problem in the U.S. is people are unaware that they have a voice in this matter...that and most are so uneducated about the subject that their voice isn't welcome, lol!

thelamefalsehood

• Getbig IV
  • I love lamp
« Reply #14 on: December 13, 2007, 05:07:37 PM »
Absolutely now way! The next administration will view steroids in the exact same way...and the one after that and the one after that.
The problem is congress, both sides of the aisle. The steroid issue is used to catapult their own persona...the idea is they must be doing their job, they most be a good representative if they are against steroids.

But the biggest problem in the U.S. is people are unaware that they have a voice in this matter...that and most are so uneducated about the subject that their voice isn't welcome, lol!

I don't think so man, or at least hope not. Bush made it a point to bring up steroids in his state of the union in 2002 I believe it was. This was pretty soon after the terrorist attacks and seemed to be a way to take attention off the subject at hand. What I was getting at is that our country has so many issues right now that any logical person would see this steroid issue for what it is, a non issue. But politicians aren't rational people, so you may be right. I hope not though :)

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #15 on: December 13, 2007, 05:20:16 PM »
I don't think so man, or at least hope not. Bush made it a point to bring up steroids in his state of the union in 2002 I believe it was. This was pretty soon after the terrorist attacks and seemed to be a way to take attention off the subject at hand. What I was getting at is that our country has so many issues right now that any logical person would see this steroid issue for what it is, a non issue. But politicians aren't rational people, so you may be right. I hope not though :)
It was the 2004 state of the union speech...and it was just a brief comment. But it something that both sides of the aisle are adamantly preaching about for poll points IMO. Hey, just ask Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi (D) what she thinks about steroid use...she's perched on the soap box as we speak.

Luv2Hurt

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: December 13, 2007, 07:27:36 PM »
I don't matter at all what the politicians think about gear, its the preception of the American people about drugs of this nature and that will never change.  People don't view drugs that change your body and you shoot with needles as harmless drugs.  Damn pot is still illegal.  People have a hard time warming up to junkies shooting drugs. 

People injecting drugs behind closed doors will never be viewed as normal.  Just the thought of young Johnny pinning some gear at his buddies house is enough to drive these parents nuts.  Once the drugs abused are being injected there is a line that has been crossed in most peoples minds.  Seems like no big deal though to the nut cases on the steroid board  ;D but they are not like most people, cause they are a little goofy in the head.

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #17 on: December 13, 2007, 07:46:50 PM »
I don't matter at all what the politicians think about gear, its the preception of the American people about drugs of this nature and that will never change.  People don't view drugs that change your body and you shoot with needles as harmless drugs.  Damn pot is still illegal.  People have a hard time warming up to junkies shooting drugs. 

People injecting drugs behind closed doors will never be viewed as normal.  Just the thought of young Johnny pinning some gear at his buddies house is enough to drive these parents nuts.  Once the drugs abused are being injected there is a line that has been crossed in most peoples minds.  Seems like no big deal though to the nut cases on the steroid board  ;D but they are not like most people, cause they are a little goofy in the head.

A little goofy in the head...yep no doubt this describes most here.

As for me, I think it's safe to say that labeling me "goofy" would be the understatement of the year. A more accurate description of Arnold jr:
Insanely weird, supernal, beatific, aphotic, atramentouse, beast of a Champion! All hail the glory!

Luv2Hurt

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: December 13, 2007, 08:19:37 PM »
A little goofy in the head...yep no doubt this describes most here.

As for me, I think it's safe to say that labeling me "goofy" would be the understatement of the year. A more accurate description of Arnold jr:
Insanely weird, supernal, beatific, aphotic, atramentouse, beast of a Champion! All hail the glory!

Yes I was including myself in the mix too LOL! But you knew that bro!  :)

trab

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: December 14, 2007, 06:41:36 AM »
Luv has good points about the public perception.

We must also Understand that much drug enforcment dirrection and pollicy comes straight out of the White House one way or another. Appointments to DEA and other agencies etc.

I think the Rebubs will be dead meat in the next election.
 I see no salvation in etither party, ( I wont waste my time and gas to even VOTE AGAINST any candidate out there)
 but the Dems are historicly less into punishing drug users, and more open to other things than making well connected prison builders and the rest of the LE & "corrections" industry fatter than they allready are.

These drugs can cause some problems, but nothing like meth and the like that they are now classed with.
The criminilaization of them has caused the most problems.

Emmortal

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: December 14, 2007, 09:38:40 AM »
I was driving into work this morning and already on the radio was some senator barking about teenage steroid use.  He said that the most surprising thing he had learned after reading the Mitchel report was that 100's of thousands of American teenagers were using steroids, something must be done!

Great....

trab

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: December 14, 2007, 09:50:20 AM »
I was driving into work this morning and already on the radio was some senator barking about teenage steroid use.  He said that the most surprising thing he had learned after reading the Mitchel report was that 100's of thousands of American teenagers were using steroids, something must be done!

Great....

Absolute BS.

busyB

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Have a Nice Day!
« Reply #22 on: December 14, 2007, 11:02:00 AM »

Great....

Remember that pro-hormones are grouped in there as well. These kids can walk into a store and buy any pro-hormone off the shelf. At least that is what one store here is doing, advertising and selling pro-hormones to teens. That does not help matters much and only pisses off the parents even more.

trab

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: December 14, 2007, 01:55:57 PM »
Remember that pro-hormones are grouped in there as well. These kids can walk into a store and buy any pro-hormone off the shelf. At least that is what one store here is doing, advertising and selling pro-hormones to teens. That does not help matters much and only pisses off the parents even more.

Hey, in the 60s they sold Acid in record shops..... ;D

busyB

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Have a Nice Day!
« Reply #24 on: December 14, 2007, 04:19:07 PM »
Hey, in the 60s they sold Acid in record shops..... ;D

Yeah, I heard all the stories...mom and dad were true Hippie's. Born right down the road on Height and Ashbury.

Maybe that is what is why everything I see is in pretty colors...hhhmmm..???? ???