Author Topic: The Mitchell Report the list will be 200 plus they say  (Read 3647 times)

BODYBUILDER212

• Getbig II
The Mitchell Report the list will be 200 plus they say
« on: December 13, 2007, 08:22:57 AM »
so lets get some names in here as today a few things to think about one they said their is multiple recent  M.V.P winners on the list Bonds  and who else Ryan Howard? A-Rod? J-roll? I doubt it but who know's and that brings me to point two

Mitchell is a Red Sox employee forget his title but I think director of operations something so you can bet he will go after a lot of yankees. 

I am betting not to many players from 2002  till present will be on most will be former 1993 to 1999 players

So who do you all think will be on the list?  I am going with 80% of the 1993 phillies team  8)

joelocal

Re: The Mitchell Report the list will be 200 plus they say
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2007, 09:16:20 AM »
so lets get some names in here as today a few things to think about one they said their is multiple recent  M.V.P winners on the list Bonds  and who else Ryan Howard? A-Rod? J-roll? I doubt it but who know's and that brings me to point two

Mitchell is a Red Sox employee forget his title but I think director of operations something so you can bet he will go after a lot of yankees. 

I am betting not to many players from 2002  till present will be on most will be former 1993 to 1999 players

So who do you all think will be on the list?  I am going with 80% of the 1993 phillies team  8)

They act like this is a big deal and somekind of "big" surprise. The majority of the MLB are playing on a level playing field, meaning the majority of players are using......it's not cheating when you have 80-90% of the league from the single A to the bigs using gear. It's a BS report!

PANDAEMONIUM

• Getbig V
  • Scourge of the Northern Gods
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2007, 09:21:05 AM »
They act like this is a big deal and somekind of "big" surprise. The majority of the MLB are playing on a level playing field, meaning the majority of players are using......it's not cheating when you have 80-90% of the league from the single A to the bigs using gear. It's a BS report!

Exactly.  It's not like one or two people were using and that's it.  Many of those great players who were using like Clemens would have been hall of famers anyway.  Roids will help a pitcher recover (which is VERY important for a pitcher) and maybe add a couple miles per hour to the ol' fastball.  That's about it.

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2007, 09:25:02 AM »
I think it's funny that people think a 150lb computer programmer could inject and then magically hit 50 homeruns, bat .300 0r strikeout 300 batters.  ::), you need the ability too.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2007, 09:27:18 AM »
If the information is true, it's not a BS report.  Whether it's right/wrong to release medical information - that's another question.

Were steroids LEGAL during this period?  (not just banned from baseball - were these men breaking the law by using)?

Joe, you always say, if you have nothing to hide, you have nothing to worry about (when we're talking about patriot act, etc).  Here is an example of it.  If players have nothing to hide, why would they care about the report?  They chose to use, knowing it might come out one day.

My issue is - did they break the law (maybe), and did they compromise the integrity of the game (no - IF it wasnt banned at the time)

joelocal

« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2007, 09:27:39 AM »
Exactly.  It's not like one or two people were using and that's it.  Many of those great players who were using like Clemens would have been hall of famers anyway.  Roids will help a pitcher recover (which is VERY important for a pitcher) and maybe add a couple miles per hour to the ol' fastball.  That's about it.

Funny you mention Clemens, here you have a guy, the same age as me still pitching in the mid to high 90's and still throwing anywhere from 5 innings to complete games, granted the guy works and trains his butt off, but lets face it.....he had some "help"!

PANDAEMONIUM

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2007, 09:28:41 AM »
I think it's funny that people think a 150lb computer programmer could inject and then magically hit 50 homeruns, bat .300 0r strikeout 300 batters.  ::), you need the ability too.

YEah, Bonds was a GREAT hitter way before roids.  HAnd-eye coordination is the eye; roids don't improve that.  Now, Bonds would NOT have broken Aaron's record without that extra power.  Before he started saucing, he was nowhere even close to being on pace to hit that many HRs.  A Rod on the other hand is.  If that skinny fucker is juicing I'd be surprised.  It'll be interesting to see if his name is on the list....

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2007, 09:29:32 AM »
it's not cheating when you have 80-90% of the league from the single A to the bigs using gear. It's a BS report!

If you're among the 20% who DON'T use steroids - and you're getting beat on the field and on the paycheck by men who break rules you follow - then yes, it is cheating.

Remember, the right thing is right, even if you're the only one doing it.  

If 90% of the people in my town are shoplifting, I'm not going to do it, because it's still stealing.

These men cheated.  This will only stain their name - no one is going to jail for it.If they didn't want their name stained, maybe they shouldn't have cheated in the first place.

PANDAEMONIUM

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2007, 09:30:27 AM »
Funny you mention Clemens, here you have a guy, the same age as me still pitching in the mid to high 90's and still throwing anywhere from 5 innings to complete games, granted the guy works and trains his butt off, but lets face it.....he had some "help"!

Of course he had help.  Even if he hadn't had "help", he would still have been a hall of famer--if he followed the same trajectory he did in the 80s...dude was a phenom then.  Guys like Pettitte, who apparently is named in the report, are not clear HoF candidates, and the smear of this report will possibly keep them out, considering Pettitte isn't a "great" pitcher like Clemens.

joelocal

« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2007, 09:31:18 AM »

Joe, you always say, if you have nothing to hide, you have nothing to worry about (when we're talking about patriot act, etc).  Here is an example of it.  If players have nothing to hide, why would they care about the report?  They chose to use, knowing it might come out one day.

I said I PERSONALLY have nothing to hide......these guys have everthing to lose of course they are going to hide or deny it. BTW, Rob, there not exactly potential terrorists.

joelocal

« Reply #10 on: December 13, 2007, 09:32:29 AM »
If you're among the 20% who DON'T use steroids - and you're getting beat on the field and on the paycheck by men who break rules you follow - then yes, it is cheating.

Remember, the right thing is right, even if you're the only one doing it.  

If 90% of the people in my town are shoplifting, I'm not going to do it, because it's still stealing.

These men cheated.  This will only stain their name - no one is going to jail for it.If they didn't want their name stained, maybe they shouldn't have cheated in the first place.

I can almost guaranty those 20% aren't starting.

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: December 13, 2007, 09:32:42 AM »
I'm more interested to see the names of guys who weren't hall of famers like petitte maybe bret boone, brady anderson etc.. Those guys are more interesting to hear about.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: December 13, 2007, 09:32:58 AM »

I don't think any reasonable person here believes that.

It's about their legacy in the sport, and how they achieved it.

It will make those 20% of non-users look so much greater in the eyes of history, for what they achieved without resorting to cheating.

Joe- you're a strong republican and a big supporter of givig the govt power to spy on us, since we have 'nothing to hide anyway'.  I find it strange you're not okay with drug users/cheaters being exposed.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: December 13, 2007, 09:34:35 AM »
I said I PERSONALLY have nothing to hide......these guys have everthing to lose of course they are going to hide or deny it. BTW, Rob, there not exactly potential terrorists.

i know you're legit.  i meant the players - they did break the rules.  I'm all for removing most drug laws, so personally, I'd prefer they all do it.

But

It's still cheating.  Even if 99% of them do it.  Cheats the other 1% and cheats the fans.  Many dads wouldn't bring their kids to see drug abusers hit a ball.

joelocal

« Reply #14 on: December 13, 2007, 09:34:53 AM »

Joe- you're a strong republican and a big supporter of givig the govt power to spy on us, since we have 'nothing to hide anyway'.  I find it strange you're not okay with drug users/cheaters being exposed.

Rob, don't start spinning, I support it in the case of national security, not wether players in MLB are using gear.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: December 13, 2007, 09:36:06 AM »
Rob, don't start spinning, I support it in the case of national security, not wether players in MLB are using gear.

well... DHS uses patriot act for a lot more than just terrorism, joe.  It's being used to track theft, drug dealers, etc.  So if you support the patriot act, you support them spying on drug dealers.  It's the truth.

joelocal

« Reply #16 on: December 13, 2007, 09:38:12 AM »

Many dads wouldn't bring their kids to see drug abusers hit a ball.

I disagree, it wouldn't stop very many. My family are HUGE baseball fans and like so many like us, it wouldn't stop them from coming to the stadium.

joelocal

« Reply #17 on: December 13, 2007, 09:48:27 AM »
well... DHS uses patriot act for a lot more than just terrorism, joe.  It's being used to track theft, drug dealers, etc.  So if you support the patriot act, you support them spying on drug dealers.  It's the truth.

Sure I support spying on drug dealers, part of funding terrorists is through drug money, the most of these guys are not obtaining it illegally. How do I know? Right after last season I was hired by a players agent to help bring down the weight and train one of Angels pitchers, I will be working with him until he gets called up for spring training. We talk about this crap all the time, all though I know he doesn't use, he considers it all the time and all the time I have to talk sense into him. A few years ago he was a great pitcher with an awesome record, then he kept getting injured and had to sit out most of the 2006 season, his weight skyrocketed to about 270, when he came back this last season, because of his weight gain, he got injured more.

He is under the impression that if he takes gear, it will improve his performance, in his case it would be the contrary.

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #18 on: December 13, 2007, 09:51:15 AM »
All the $ spent on this "investigation" coulda been spent on keeping illegals outta our country :'( >:(

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #19 on: December 13, 2007, 09:52:15 AM »
baseball sucks

joelocal

« Reply #20 on: December 13, 2007, 09:53:01 AM »
All the $ spent on this "investigation" coulda been spent on keeping illegals outta our country :'( >:(

Hahahaha, I agree!

blinky

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: December 13, 2007, 12:32:32 PM »
Full List of Names

Lenny Dykstra
David Segui
Larry Bigbie
Brian Roberts
Jack Cust
Tim Laker
Josias Manzanillo
Todd Hundley
Mark Carreon
Hal Morris
Matt Franco
Rondell White
Roger Clemens
Andy Pettitte
Chuck Knoblauch
Jason Grimsley
Gregg Zaun
David Justice
F.P. Santangelo
Glenallen Hill
Mo Vaughn
Denny Neagle
Ron Villone
Ryan Franklin
Chris Donnels
Todd Williams
Phil Hiatt
Todd Pratt
Kevin Young
Mike Lansing
Cody McKay
Kent Mercker
Adam Piatt
Miguel Tejada
Jason Christiansen
Mike Stanton
Stephen Randolph
Jerry Hairston
Paul Lo Duca
Adam Riggs
Bart Miadich
Fernando Vina
Kevin Brown
Eric Gagne
Mike Bell
Matt Herges
Gary Bennett, Jr.
Jim Parque
Brendan Donnelly
Chad Allen
Jeff Williams
Howie Clark
Nook Logan

joelocal

« Reply #22 on: December 13, 2007, 12:59:48 PM »
Full List of Names

Lenny Dykstra
David Segui
Larry Bigbie
Brian Roberts
Jack Cust
Tim Laker
Josias Manzanillo
Todd Hundley
Mark Carreon
Hal Morris
Matt Franco
Rondell White
Roger Clemens
Andy Pettitte
Chuck Knoblauch
Jason Grimsley
Gregg Zaun
David Justice
F.P. Santangelo
Glenallen Hill
Mo Vaughn
Denny Neagle
Ron Villone
Ryan Franklin
Chris Donnels
Todd Williams
Phil Hiatt
Todd Pratt
Kevin Young
Mike Lansing
Cody McKay
Kent Mercker
Adam Piatt
Miguel Tejada
Jason Christiansen
Mike Stanton
Stephen Randolph
Jerry Hairston
Paul Lo Duca
Adam Riggs
Bart Miadich
Fernando Vina
Kevin Brown
Eric Gagne
Mike Bell
Matt Herges
Gary Bennett, Jr.
Jim Parque
Brendan Donnelly
Chad Allen
Jeff Williams
Howie Clark
Nook Logan

I guaranty those names are just scratching the surface.......besides, alot of these guys have retired and used before the drug policy was implimented.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #23 on: December 13, 2007, 01:03:17 PM »
Remember. this list is mostly tied to one dealer.  If you used a different dealer you probably weren't investigated.

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
« Reply #24 on: December 13, 2007, 01:07:20 PM »
DLA Piper was hired by MLB do create a report.  they did.  DLA Piper had no subpoena powers or sworn testimony. it's just a report.