Author Topic: Bali report: Lowered CO2 emissions and economic growth - It's possible  (Read 490 times)

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
I've seen the argument been made by quite a few, and even some members on this board (hello 240 or Bust! :)) that trying to prevent the global warming will have a negative effect on the economy, and will force people to live in shacks.

However, yesterday at the environmental meet at Bali, the environment minister of Sweden presented statistics that Sweden's been able to drop the CO2 emissions by 9% since 1990, while increasing the GNP by 44%.

I thought this was pretty interesting.

Hopefully the next White House administration, as well as China and India, will realise that economic growth definitely is definitely possible, while still cutting down on CO2 emissions.
As empty as paradise

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
Re: Bali report: Lowered CO2 emissions and economic growth - It's possible
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2007, 01:13:27 AM »
I've seen the argument been made by quite a few, and even some members on this board (hello 240 or Bust! :)) that trying to prevent the global warming will have a negative effect on the economy, and will force people to live in shacks.

However, yesterday at the environmental meet at Bali, the environment minister of Sweden presented statistics that Sweden's been able to drop the CO2 emissions by 9% since 1990, while increasing the GNP by 44%.

I thought this was pretty interesting.

Hopefully the next White House administration, as well as China and India, will realise that economic growth definitely is definitely possible, while still cutting down on CO2 emissions.

Good grief! I've been saying that for the past 2 years! {LOL}

Some of you just didn't get it, ...but there's been lots of folks in 200+ countries around the world who have!
For 1 little start-up to go from $0 to a 1/4 of a BILLION dollars in sales in 2 yrs is serious economic growth

While some whined, complained, shouted down & ridiculed, ...others took action!
There's alot to be said for being in the right place at the right time,
...but you gotta not only recognize it, ...more importantly, ...YOU GOTTA ACT ON IT!  8)

In ancient Chinese Sanskrit the symbol for dangerous stumbling block also translates to OPPORTUNITY!
The bigger the danger, ...the bigger the opportunity!!!

ps: I promised Neuro i wouldn't rub it in, so i won't.   :P
w

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2007, 01:23:00 AM »
Good grief! I've been saying that for the past 2 years! {LOL}

Some of you just didn't get it, ...but there's been lots of folks in 200+ countries around the world who have!
For 1 little start-up to go from $0 to a 1/4 of a BILLION dollars in sales in 2 yrs is serious economic growth

While some whined, complained, shouted down & ridiculed, ...others took action!
There's alot to be said for being in the right place at the right time,
...but you gotta not only recognize it, ...more importantly, ...YOU GOTTA ACT ON IT!  8)

In ancient Chinese Sanskrit the symbol for dangerous stumbling block also translates to OPPORTUNITY!
The bigger the danger, ...the bigger the opportunity!!!

ps: I promised Neuro i wouldn't rub it in, so i won't.   :P

Exactly what does this have to do with reduced CO2 emissions?
As empty as paradise

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2007, 01:33:57 AM »
Exactly what does this have to do with reduced CO2 emissions?

If you do less talking, ...and more taking action, ...CO2 levels are most definitely reduced!  8)
w