Author Topic: Poll: are most getbiggers capable of using proper capitalisation, punctuation  (Read 2651 times)

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
and spelling, assuming a supreme effort on their part?

I say no.

Discuss...
I hate the State.

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
I wouldn't say most, but some are and others are too lazy. ;)
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

haider

• Getbig V
  • Team Batman Squats
No.

But nobody gives a fvck, hence the few replies.
follow the arrows

GoneAway

• Getbig V
spelling and grammar are overrated on a message board. aslong as u get ur point across who cares how u do it

kiwiol

• Getbig V
  • Who is John Galt?
I make an honest effort ;D

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
spelling and grammar are overrated on a message board. aslong as u get ur point across who cares how u do it

The irony of it all...
I hate the State.

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
Since 50 percent of the people on Getbig are high school drop outs and 50 percent of the other 50 percent cheated their way through. I'd say the chances are very low of seeing and reading a coherent complete sentence.  Most wouldn't know it if they saw it but you have to be able to read to know.... ;D

GoneAway

• Getbig V
The irony of it all...

its not ironic at all, as i was saying how spelling/grammar dont mean jack on a message board.

the irony is in ur post, where u try and degrade getbiggers on their punctuation, yet u begin ur thread with the word 'and', aswell as it missing the '...' required to show how it was a lead-up from the words in the topic title. epic irony

rocket

• Getbig V
  • Not a champion
The irony of it all...

That post was not ironic. 

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
its not ironic at all, as i was saying how spelling/grammar dont mean jack on a message board.

the irony is in ur post, where u try and degrade getbiggers on their punctuation, yet u begin ur thread with the word 'and', aswell as it missing the '...' required to show how it was a lead-up from the words in the topic title. epic irony

What I began the topic with was quite different to the gibberish in the statement above. Using message boards as an excuse to write poor English is rather pathetic.
I hate the State.

rocket

• Getbig V
  • Not a champion
I could never write "ur" or "u" myself but I understand why people use it.  They use it because they're okay with coming off as complete and utter gimps.

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
I could never write "ur" or "u" myself but I understand why people use it.  They use it because they're okay with coming off as complete and utter gimps.

How utterly fantastic for them...
I hate the State.

rocket

• Getbig V
  • Not a champion
How utterly fantastic for them...

If you check out the current climate.  Myspace, facebook etc you will realise we are in the minority, not them  :-\

I get the feeling that before long, complaining about idiots expressing themselves like that will basically have us labeled as living in the past or conservative.

webcake

• Getbig V
  • Not now chief...
Spellin and punctuation r overrated. If u got somethin to say say it as quik as possible. Ur wastin ur precious time otherwise ;)
No doubt about it...

GoneAway

• Getbig V
epic judging someone by how they type on a messageboard.
monster expecting ppl to use proper grammar and spelling to impress their 'bros'

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
If you check out the current climate.  Myspace, facebook etc you will realise we are in the minority, not them  :-\

I get the feeling that before long, complaining about idiots expressing themselves like that will basically have us labeled as living in the past or conservative.

I fear, my Australian friend, that we are already there, though it saddens me. I have been in academia too long to not care about it but I must say get big gives new meaning to the proverbial meat head with a barbell if you know what I mean.
I hate the State.

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
who gives a flying fuck about communication propriety?

Max_Rep

• Max Rep
  • Getbig IV
  • It’s about how hard you can GET hit...
and spelling, assuming a supreme effort on their part?

I say no.

Discuss...

It’s not just Getbig a phenomena. I receive several business e-mails and business plans per day with horrible grammar, punctuation, spelling, incorrect homophones (your/you’re; hear/here; won/one, ware/wear/where etc) and run-on sentences. Anyone can spell check but it takes at least an SOME grammatical acuity to get the aforementioned correct. I’m not saying I don’ t some make mistakes but it makes me scratch my head that someone looking for $250 Million in funding wouldn't hire someone adept to edit their documents.     
and keep moving!

Army of One

• Getbig V
It’s not just Getbig a phenomena. I receive several business e-mails and business plans per day with horrible grammar, punctuation, spelling, incorrect homophones (your/you’re; hear/here; won/one, ware/wear/where etc) and run-on sentences. Anyone can spell check but it takes at least an SOME grammatical acuity to get the aforementioned correct. Im’ not saying I don’ t make some mistakes but it makes me scratch my head that someone looking for $250 Million in funding wouldn't hire someone adept to edit their documents.     

i fink dat wot ur sayin iz Bulshitt, mos peeple kan spel wel

Mars

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
i dont really care but i cant understand why some people spell even their thread titles wrong.

GoneAway

• Getbig V
It’s not just Getbig a phenomena. I receive several business e-mails and business plans per day with horrible grammar, punctuation, spelling, incorrect homophones (your/you’re; hear/here; won/one, ware/wear/where etc) and run-on sentences. Anyone can spell check but it takes at least an SOME grammatical acuity to get the aforementioned correct. I’m not saying I don’ t make some mistakes but it makes me scratch my head that someone looking for $250 Million in funding wouldn't hire someone adept to edit their documents.     

pretty much sums up my point. this is a message board, not a business meeting.

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
I see your point but OTOH most of the intelligent and sharp posters spell well. Poor spelling, even if it's just laziness, makes you look less intelligent.

(I'm not the best at grammar myself, just saying)

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
geez... i dont really give a shit if people i dont know irl thinks im unintelligent.

internet is serious shit

gtbro1

• Getbig V
I fear, my Australian friend, that we are already there, though it saddens me. I have been in academia too long to not care about it but I must say get big gives new meaning to the proverbial meat head with a barbell if you know what I mean.

your mama