Author Topic: Here's the best hope for the Republicans  (Read 2240 times)

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
Here's the best hope for the Republicans
« on: December 16, 2007, 11:10:34 AM »

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Re: Here's the best hope for the Republicans
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2007, 11:19:26 AM »
I like that ticket best for the repubs.  But...

McCain is very old and insists we're kicking ass in Iraq.

Huck has said some pretty extreme religious fanatical things which are coming out lately - stuff about how women should be subservient to their men, etc.  baggage merging now.

Lucky for the repubs, the dems are pretty flawed too.  Obama is a child.  Edwards is a simp.  hilary is evil.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2007, 11:21:56 AM »
I like that ticket best for the repubs.  But...

McCain is very old and insists we're kicking ass in Iraq.

Huck has said some pretty extreme religious fanatical things which are coming out lately - stuff about how women should be subservient to their men, etc.  baggage merging now.

Lucky for the repubs, the dems are pretty flawed too.  Obama is a child.  Edwards is a simp.  hilary is evil.

a McCain/Huck ticket would have something for the hawks and something for the jesus freaks with none of the bad smell of Romney and Guiliani

I agree McCain is old but there are plenty of people in his age range who vote (probably more than who actually vote in the 20-40 range)

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2007, 01:39:49 PM »
The Boston Globe and the Des Moine Register have endorsed McCain and Joe  Lieberman will announce his endorsement of McCain on Monday

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2007/12/16/lieberman-to-support-mccain/

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/22276322/

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2008, 11:40:12 PM »
I think my prediction from last December 16th is looking pretty damn good

http://www.cnn.com/ELECTION/2008/primaries/results/scorecard/#R

I'm still gonna vote for the Democrat - even if it's Hillary

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
  • KILL CENTRAL BANKS, BUY BITCOIN.
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2008, 11:43:34 PM »

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2008, 11:53:33 PM »
Shoot me now.

If McCain wins you'll have plenty of opportunity to go to Iraq and get shot

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
  • KILL CENTRAL BANKS, BUY BITCOIN.
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2008, 12:29:02 AM »
Huckabee looks gayer then gay in that pic.

I'd pay a thousend dollars if I could kick McCain in the nuts while he posed like that.

kh300

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2008, 05:48:48 AM »
how abut mccain and condoleezza rice. takes care of the female and black vote

Ozark

• Getbig II
« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2008, 06:18:14 AM »
McCain and Hackable would be a losing ticket

1.) this would have a republican ticket with no conservative on it.

2.)  the only candidate that Rush Limbaugh hates more than McCain is Hackable.
  and you can add just about ever other conservative radio host to that as well ( Hannity, Laura Ingram, Michael Savage, etc.... )

HowieW

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2008, 07:29:19 AM »

They could do fine in the south ,maybe Florida, but based on dem turnout either Obama or Hillary will win in NOV.
Kelly Ryan married well!  Free Titus!

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2008, 09:27:33 AM »
It's almost certain (given the delegate count) that it's going to be McCain/Somebody.  Huckabee is not far behind Romney in delegates and adding him to the ticket would suck in the social conservatives (i.e "born again" bigots).  The neocons hate McCain for things like: voting against the Bush tax cuts, voting against ANWAR, coming out against torture, etc...  These are things that appeal to the majority of the country (especially moderate Republican who might otherwise vote Democratic or just stay home).   

I think the rise of McCain (and Huckabee's success) shows that the right wing media is losing it's influence over the Republican party

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2008, 09:44:10 AM »
Bigots because they disagree or don't want to explain to their 5 year old why two guys are kissing in a mall...gimme abreak. But back the meat of ur post. McCain came out and praised Huck and his supporters last night..they will end up on the same ticket. Its to bad....If McCain looses..Huck won't get anywhere inside the Republican party. They won't forgive him for McCain.
L

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #13 on: February 06, 2008, 09:44:25 AM »
how abut mccain and condoleezza rice. takes care of the female and black vote

Condi has lots of credibility issues and I think it's a bit presumptious to assume that females and blacks will just fall in line because she's a black female.  If anything - the neo cons would love it but other than that I think she would be a net negative

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #14 on: February 06, 2008, 09:48:14 AM »
Bigots because they disagree or don't want to explain to their 5 year old why two guys are kissing in a mall...gimme abreak. But back the meat of ur post. McCain came out and praised Huck and his supporters last night..they will end up on the same ticket. Its to bad....If McCain looses..Huck won't get anywhere inside the Republican party. They won't forgive him for McCain.

do you spend a lot of time fantasizing about this.

Seriously - I've never seen that in my life.   

Yeah - they are bigots because they are trying to impose their religious beliefs on those who don't share them.   

The Republican's hate Huck anyway - his ONLY chance of getting inside is to hitch his wagon with McCain

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #15 on: February 06, 2008, 09:49:30 AM »
I heard on the radio today that Huck said he'd like to replace some sentences in the constitution with bible versus.

Anyone know of this?

Huck is wack job.

Also, McCain will 72 if he gets sworn in.   Good Chance Huck will be president of he runs as vice pres.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #16 on: February 06, 2008, 09:54:17 AM »
I heard on the radio today that Huck said he'd like to replace some sentences in the constitution with bible versus.

Anyone know of this?

Huck is wack job.

Also, McCain will 72 if he gets sworn in.   Good Chance Huck will be president of he runs as vice pres.

Huck never misses an opportunity to throw out comments/code that appeal directly to the christian evangelicals, but then again, who would have thought 6 months ago that he'd be where he is today.   

It's gratuitous but he I guess he knows his core audience. 

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: February 06, 2008, 09:55:00 AM »
do you spend a lot of time fantasizing about this.

Seriously - I've never seen that in my life.   

Yeah - they are bigots because they are trying to impose their religious beliefs on those who don't share them.   

The Republican's hate Huck anyway - his ONLY chance of getting inside is to hitch his wagon with McCain

Ok how about a Gay pride parade....either way...if they don't like something or somebodies behaivor that doesn't make their views wrong. Its a morals call. U bash organized religion, on here, all the time..ur in the minority on that one..in this country. Nobody is forcing it down ur throat. I'd rather not see gay bullshit forced down mine.  They aren't imposing any religious beliefs on anybody...ur imposing ur Lib moral code on them.
L

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #18 on: February 06, 2008, 10:01:54 AM »
Ok how about a Gay pride parade....either way...if they don't like something or somebodies behaivor that doesn't make their views wrong. Its a morals call. U bash organized religion, on here, all the time..ur in the minority on that one..in this country. Nobody is forcing it down ur throat. I'd rather not see gay bullshit forced down mine.  They aren't imposing any religious beliefs on anybody...ur imposing ur Lib moral code on them.

I'm not enforcing any liberal code.  You're free to do, believe and say what you want - and so does everyone else

150 years ago Christians used the bible to support slavery and they were WRONG

Do you see Jews telling Christians that they're going to hell for working on the Sabbath 

Why do christians think they have the moral authority to impose their own personal religious beliefs on others

You have freedom of religion in this country and also freedom of speech but that doesn't  give anyone the right to impose their religious views on anyone else.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: February 06, 2008, 10:08:06 AM »
I'm not getting into this....I'm a Catholic and the  ultra con evangelicals make me queasy....but I don't like anybody who pushes an agenda that forces me to except their life style. Do what u want but don't push it on me. I think the E's feel that alot is being pushed on them. There is only one religion u need to worry about anyway.....There aren't alot of Evangelical suicide bombers...
L

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #20 on: February 06, 2008, 10:11:49 AM »
I'm not getting into this....I'm a Catholic and the  ultra con evangelicals make me queasy....but I don't like anybody who pushes an agenda that forces me to except their life style. Do what u want but don't push it on me. I think the E's feel that alot is being pushed on them. There is only one religion u need to worry about anyway.....There aren't alot of Evangelical suicide bombers...

I agree - let's not get into this but at some point you're going to have to accept the fact that, due to the freedom we have in this county, you're going to have to deal with some things (words, actions, etc...) that you don't personally agree with and others have to put up with that same thing with you/me. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #21 on: February 06, 2008, 11:18:32 AM »

True.  It's about people attempting to use the government to legitimize a lifestyle choice.  It's something that should be decided at the ballot box. 

And it's not a religious issue either. 

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #22 on: February 06, 2008, 11:28:40 AM »
True.  It's about people attempting to use the government to legitimize a lifestyle choice.  It's something that should be decided at the ballot box. 

Bum, you're right. It's not a religious issue.  It's a human rights issue.

You're wrong (as usual) in pretending YOUR issue with it has nothing to do with your personal religious beliefs.

I haven't heard anyone who opposes the "lifestyle" use any reason other than their personal religious belief.

The solution is simple.  If your personal religious belief says it's wrong then you can simply choose not to be gay.  Problem solved.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #23 on: February 06, 2008, 11:38:21 AM »
I didn't say a word about my religious beliefs and they have nothing to do with this issue. 

Like I said, it's something the people will decide.  It's sort of funny that anti-religious extremists want to preclude people from participating in the Democratic process if they happen to be motivated by their faith.  What should and does happen is everyone who has the right to vote can do so, and it doesn't matter whether their motivation is fueled by faith, hatred, indifference, personal beliefs, genuine concern, etc.  The people get to decide.  It's a great thing.  And there is nothing that extremists can do about it.   

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #24 on: February 06, 2008, 11:53:09 AM »
True.  It's about people attempting to use the government to legitimize a lifestyle choice.   It's something that should be decided at the ballot box

actually what you seem to be saying is that you have a problem with homosexuals USING the ballot box to legitimize a lifestyle CHOICE (presumptious as always) but then you have no problem using the ballot box to limit that very same so called choice
I didn't say a word about my religious beliefs and they have nothing to do with this issue. 

Like I said, it's something the people will decide.  It's sort of funny that anti-religious extremists want to preclude people from participating in the Democratic process if they happen to be motivated by their faith.    

Didn't you just say it WASN'T a religious issue.   

Who are those so called "anti- religious" extremist opposing then?

The point of this thread is that if Huck is on the ticket he will draw in the evangelicals and the Repubs can continue to pay lip service to these "issues" for another few years