Author Topic: FAVRE  (Read 4795 times)

gtbro1

• Getbig V
Re: FAVRE
« Reply #25 on: December 17, 2007, 06:54:31 AM »
too bad you dial up is still working as well as your geroge foreman grill fattie fatttie ten by four can't get thorugh the open door cause of the cock in your mouth and ass! what a queer you are! :P god. it's sad. :-X

cook that cheesesteak sandwhich with our government cheese you fatbrok ass piece of white racist trash filth. :-*

hey...don't knock the  welfare cheese. It's some of the best cheese there is. I purposely try to date poor chics so I can take their cheese.

Cap

• Getbig V
  • Trueprotein.com 5% discount code= CSP111
« Reply #26 on: December 17, 2007, 03:27:38 PM »
Those are some good points.

Brett never really had a super offense to work with...even in '96.  He had Free, Rison, Chmura, Jackson and Edgar Bennett.  They were good but not comparable to Indy or the Pats today.

This year Brett is doing it with almost all no names.  The only proven offensive commodities are Donald Driver and Koren Robinson.  I think he should be MVP based on that.  Tom Brady as MVP...that's too easy a choice...that's exactly what everybody is expecting.

I think Brady is the best at the moment and I think Montana is the best all-time.

I'd def agree here.  We shall see. 

On a side note, it seems like women fuck up QBs these days.  Brady had Tara Reid and the Pats weren't too great and now look at Romo with Jessica Simpson.  Good thing Brett has a solid wife behind him.   ;D
Squishy face retard

body88

« Reply #27 on: December 17, 2007, 03:58:06 PM »
Those are some good points.

Brett never really had a super offense to work with...even in '96.  He had Free, Rison, Chmura, Jackson and Edgar Bennett.  They were good but not comparable to Indy or the Pats today.

This year Brett is doing it with almost all no names.  The only proven offensive commodities are Donald Driver and Koren Robinson.  I think he should be MVP based on that.  Tom Brady as MVP...that's too easy a choice...that's exactly what everybody is expecting.

I think Brady is the best at the moment and I think Montana is the best all-time.

You make good points but I cannot agree with you. Brady got little to no credit for taking no names far worse then Farve has to the AFC championship game last year. The pats did not have a explosive O before this year.They won superbowls and Brady put up HOF numbers. One dropped ball away from another sb last year.  Before the season started according to everyone Moss was a washed up trouble maker who was not worth a fourth round pick. He was done. Welker was a avg at best slot guy , and Stallworth was a overrated injury concern. Gaffney is only the receiver Brady has worked with out of the group longer then 14 weeks and he is a scrap heap salvage not even into his second year. The pats are 14 - 0. The packers are not. Leading a team with the amount of pressure and negative press the pats get is more impressive imo. Everyone always kisses Farves ass. No matter what. Yea farve has some young guys , but talent is talent and green bay is a very explosive offensive team.

Then theres the numbers. Brady has 4,235 yards passing Farve has 3,905. Brady has 45 td's farve has 26. Brady has 6 ints Farve has 13. Brady has a completion percentage of 69.3 Farve is at 67. Brady has a rating of 120 Farve is at 97.7. Both have just about the same passing attempts. Brady has been sacked 17 times, farve only 14 times. Brady has also faced better teams.

I can see your point , but Brady is putting up record numbers with wr's he has been working with for less then a year. No comfort zone to start, no timing. We know how important that is. Look at Manning with out Harrison. Moss and Stallworth didnt even play pre season. Guys no one even wanted before the season. People laughed when NE gave up a 2nd and a 7th for Welker. All these receivers numbers are FAR better then previous years playing with Brady. The only proven guy who he has been throwing to is Gaffney , who is not even close to as good as Driver. Not to mention the kid has not even been in NE for 2 full years yet.

I think Farve is having a MVP type season. Brady is just having a historic season. Farve is a great player no doubt. Everyone is calling Brady the MVP because he is having the best season for a pro football player ever. Not trying to diss Farve , he is a great player. One of the best ever.

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: December 18, 2007, 08:07:30 AM »
You make good points but I cannot agree with you. Brady got little to no credit for taking no names far worse then Farve has to the AFC championship game last year. The pats did not have a explosive O before this year.They won superbowls and Brady put up HOF numbers. One dropped ball away from another sb last year.  Before the season started according to everyone Moss was a washed up trouble maker who was not worth a fourth round pick. He was done. Welker was a avg at best slot guy , and Stallworth was a overrated injury concern. Gaffney is only the receiver Brady has worked with out of the group longer then 14 weeks and he is a scrap heap salvage not even into his second year. The pats are 14 - 0. The packers are not. Leading a team with the amount of pressure and negative press the pats get is more impressive imo. Everyone always kisses Farves ass. No matter what. Yea farve has some young guys , but talent is talent and green bay is a very explosive offensive team.

Then theres the numbers. Brady has 4,235 yards passing Farve has 3,905. Brady has 45 td's farve has 26. Brady has 6 ints Farve has 13. Brady has a completion percentage of 69.3 Farve is at 67. Brady has a rating of 120 Farve is at 97.7. Both have just about the same passing attempts. Brady has been sacked 17 times, farve only 14 times. Brady has also faced better teams.

I can see your point , but Brady is putting up record numbers with wr's he has been working with for less then a year. No comfort zone to start, no timing. We know how important that is. Look at Manning with out Harrison. Moss and Stallworth didnt even play pre season. Guys no one even wanted before the season. People laughed when NE gave up a 2nd and a 7th for Welker. All these receivers numbers are FAR better then previous years playing with Brady. The only proven guy who he has been throwing to is Gaffney , who is not even close to as good as Driver. Not to mention the kid has not even been in NE for 2 full years yet.

I think Farve is having a MVP type season. Brady is just having a historic season. Farve is a great player no doubt. Everyone is calling Brady the MVP because he is having the best season for a pro football player ever. Not trying to diss Farve , he is a great player. One of the best ever.

I told you I'm in homer-mode so I could not possibly pick Brady over Favre.

But if you want to compare who did what with less, just look at the 1997 packers roster:  Here's the wideouts they took to the superbowl: an injured antonio freeman, a washed up don beebe, and 2nd year man Derrick Mayes.  At tight end, Keith Jackson retired leaving Chmura and a journey man.  Dorsey Levens was an upgrade at RB but he was injured during the playoffs and was not good.  They still made it throught the playoffs to the Superbowl.

Yeah, people, including myself, badmouthed Moss but he is still the best (I put up with his brilliance for 7 years with the hated Vikings) and he took a substantial paycut to go to a playoff team.  He wouldn't even look at GB.

Without Favre, the packers are maybe 5-11.  How important is Brady to NE, recordwise?

body88

« Reply #29 on: December 18, 2007, 08:41:24 AM »

But if you want to compare who did what with less, just look at the 1997 packers roster:  Here's the wideouts they took to the superbowl: an injured antonio freeman, a washed up don beebe, and 2nd year man Derrick Mayes.  At tight end, Keith Jackson retired leaving Chmura and a journey man.  Dorsey Levens was an upgrade at RB but he was injured during the playoffs and was not good.  They still made it throught the playoffs to the Superbowl.

Yeah, people, including myself, badmouthed Moss but he is still the best (I put up with his brilliance for 7 years with the hated Vikings) and he took a substantial paycut to go to a playoff team.  He wouldn't even look at GB.

Without Favre, the packers are maybe 5-11.  How important is Brady to NE, recordwise?

Brady has done more with less imo. The 2001 superbowl roster was a total joke. Over 22 free agents. Brady's first year as a starter, no experience. He led that patchwork team to a superbowl win in his rookie year. Brady has won three superbowls with sub par receivers. Up until 2004 he also had a avg at best running back in Antoine Smith. Last year alone Brady took his team all the way to the AFC championship game with Reche Caldwell as a number one and Jabar Gaffney as a number two receiver. Caldwell cannot break the starting roster on the redskins now in days. Yet when he played for NE he led the playoffs in catching stats. Same with Gaffney. In 2004 Brady passed for over 4000 yards with not a single one of his receivers breaking over 1000 yards. They where one dropped ball away (Caldwell) from a fourth sb in 6 years last year. Moss had awful numbers last year and everyone in the world said he was not even worth a 4th round pick anymore. Look how Gaffney has developed since playing with Brady. What has Branch , Cadwell, Givens or Glenn done since they stopped playing with Brady? Nothing. I mean branch netted a first round choice and plays with a good qb out there in Seattle. He has done zip since he was a superbowl MVP here in NE.

Brady is everything to NE record wise, just like Manning is to indy. Brady's ability to read defenses is only riveled by Manning. The pats would be screwed if they lost Brady. Yet when Green Bay played Dallas Farve went out and his backup came in and played far better then he did. That would never ever happen with Cassel. The times Cassel has come in this year he has been bad.

Couple that with the fact the numbers are not even remotely close and I don't see how you could argue Farve as MVP subjectively. The numbers alone are so superior even a homer has to concede the MVP at this point imo.

The Dallas game is a huge blow to Farve amongst eveything else. He was slinging the ball all over the place. Not protecting the ball. Taking huge chances in a big game. Bad throws, acting like a gunslinger etc. Hurting his team. He comes out hurt , and Rogers comes in a outplays him big time.

Not trying to hate on Farve he is one of the greatest ever. Everyone makes excuses for Farve because he is likable. It has always been that way.

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: December 18, 2007, 09:03:42 AM »
Brady has done more with less imo. The 2001 superbowl roster was a total joke. Over 22 free agents. Brady's first year as a starter, no experience. He led that patchwork team to a superbowl win in his rookie year. Brady has won three superbowls with sub par receivers. Up until 2004 he also had a avg at best running back in Antoine Smith. Last year alone Brady took his team all the way to the AFC championship game with Reche Caldwell as a number one and Jabar Gaffney as a number two receiver. Caldwell cannot break the starting roster on the redskins now in days. Yet when he played for NE he led the playoffs in catching stats. Same with Gaffney. In 2004 Brady passed for over 4000 yards with not a single one of his receivers breaking over 1000 yards. They where one dropped ball away (Caldwell) from a fourth sb in 6 years last year. Moss had awful numbers last year and everyone in the world said he was not even worth a 4th round pick anymore. Look how Gaffney has developed since playing with Brady. What has Branch , Cadwell, Givens or Glenn done since they stopped playing with Brady? Nothing. I mean branch netted a first round choice and plays with a good qb out there in Seattle. He has done zip since he was a superbowl MVP here in NE.

Brady is everything to NE record wise, just like Manning is to indy. Brady's ability to read defenses is only riveled by Manning. The pats would be screwed if they lost Brady. Yet when Green Bay played Dallas Farve went out and his backup came in and played far better then he did. That would never ever happen with Cassel. The times Cassel has come in this year he has been bad.

Couple that with the fact the numbers are not even remotely close and I don't see how you could argue Farve as MVP subjectively. The numbers alone are so superior even a homer has to concede the MVP at this point imo.

The Dallas game is a huge blow to Farve amongst eveything else. He was slinging the ball all over the place. Not protecting the ball. Taking huge chances in a big game. Bad throws, acting like a gunslinger etc. Hurting his team. He comes out hurt , and Rogers comes in a outplays him big time.

Not trying to hate on Farve he is one of the greatest ever. Everyone makes excuses for Farve because he is likable. It has always been that way.
It is my subjectivity that makes me choose Favre over Brady.  By any objective standard, Brady is having a once in a lifetime year.

When Favre went out against Dallas and Rodgers stepped in and moved the ball rather easily against the Dallas D that showed me two things:

1.  Brett still has the capacity to play outside his game, i.e., stupidly.

2.  The Dallas defense is not as good as advertised.  That's not taking anything away from Rodgers, he's a good yet frail quarterback.

Cap

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: December 18, 2007, 09:31:20 AM »
Brett got hurt but throwing 2 picks is nothing new for Brett.  He rallies back and wins games under those same circumstances, but he was hurt to the point where he couldn't grip the ball so Rodgers was the only alternative.  I'm not impressed with Rodgers and when Brett is done I hope that we draft another QB to be the future. 
Squishy face retard

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: December 18, 2007, 10:13:48 AM »
Brett got hurt but throwing 2 picks is nothing new for Brett.  He rallies back and wins games under those same circumstances, but he was hurt to the point where he couldn't grip the ball so Rodgers was the only alternative.  I'm not impressed with Rodgers and when Brett is done I hope that we draft another QB to be the future. 
Same here.  This guy has skills but he can't play 2 consecutive games without getting injured.

body88

« Reply #33 on: December 18, 2007, 11:12:53 AM »
It is my subjectivity that makes me choose Favre over Brady.  By any objective standard, Brady is having a once in a lifetime year.

When Favre went out against Dallas and Rodgers stepped in and moved the ball rather easily against the Dallas D that showed me two things:

1.  Brett still has the capacity to play outside his game, i.e., stupidly.

2.  The Dallas defense is not as good as advertised.  That's not taking anything away from Rodgers, he's a good yet frail quarterback.

I dont get why you are going back to 97 to talk about Farve in the year 2007 like it has to do with this years mvp? What Brady did in 01 was more impressive then what Farve did in 97.

Anyway, I give you an example of Brett melting down in a very very important game this year. I give you a example in his "MVP" year being outplayed by his backup. Multiple examples of Brady winning more superbowl's with comparable talent to Brett in 97. Brady winning back to back superbowls with sub par offensive talent at major skill positions. Brady improving the play of 4 different sets of recievers (who have all done zilch since they left NE) Most importantly I gave you current numbers that are not only far better the Farves, so far they are better then anyones numbers ever.Yet Farve is the subjective MVP? Only in Green Bay fans eyes. Everyone wants to claim Farve is doing so much. Farve is surrounded by great talent, and a great coach. Who cares if a lot of the guys are young? Why isn't the coaching staff getting any credit. Farve coaches ALL these guys. I mean please. Farve is having a great season but people act like he is coaching all these talentless players. There is a ton of talent on Greenbay. Flat out bull to claim the age of the team means much when they are winning and th coaches have them all playnig great. Farve is likable so he gets the praise heaped on by everyone. He deserves a lot , but people take it to craptastic levels.

Farve is having a great year , but Brady is having a much better year. Far better numbers, leading his team under massive pressure (undefeated) , dealing with haters all over the place, and taking receivers people where calling washed up nobody's or overrated and setting all time records after only 14 weeks of playing with them. Vs better teams to boot. The numbers alone make it impossible for you to be subjective and pick Farve. Greenbay has just as many passing attempts as NE.

Not trying ot diss Farve he is one of the all time greats. But in no way is he having a more mvp like season then Brady.

Cap

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: December 18, 2007, 11:31:52 AM »
Don't feel bad Body88.  I'm a die hard Cheese Head but Brady deserves it this year.  A possible 16-0 team and his stats are good.  Brett is a likely second.  I disagree about Brett and the crap he gets though.  He is tough as nails and he plays every game injury or not and plays to win every time.  Like I said, 2 picks is nothing for him to come back from.  Two different players with two different styles, both proven winners.  Neither team has had the names of other organizations and they both win.  Edge to Brady but Brett is still great in the league.
Squishy face retard

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: December 18, 2007, 11:52:29 AM »
Don't feel bad Body88.  I'm a die hard Cheese Head but Brady deserves it this year.  A possible 16-0 team and his stats are good.  Brett is a likely second.  I disagree about Brett and the crap he gets though.  He is tough as nails and he plays every game injury or not and plays to win every time.  Like I said, 2 picks is nothing for him to come back from.  Two different players with two different styles, both proven winners.  Neither team has had the names of other organizations and they both win.  Edge to Brady but Brett is still great in the league.

What Favre has done this year is incredible. He had no run game for the first part of the season and carried the team throwing 35+ times a game. At the same time Tom has to win the MVP, I'd love to see a Superbowl rematch.

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: December 18, 2007, 12:16:34 PM »
I dont get why you are going back to 97 to talk about Farve in the year 2007 like it has to do with this years mvp? What Brady did in 01 was more impressive then what Farve did in 97.

Anyway, I give you an example of Brett melting down in a very very important game this year. I give you a example in his "MVP" year being outplayed by his backup. Multiple examples of Brady winning more superbowl's with comparable talent to Brett in 97. Brady winning back to back superbowls with sub par offensive talent at major skill positions. Brady improving the play of 4 different sets of recievers (who have all done zilch since they left NE) Most importantly I gave you current numbers that are not only far better the Farves, so far they are better then anyones numbers ever.Yet Farve is the subjective MVP? Only in Green Bay fans eyes. Everyone wants to claim Farve is doing so much. Farve is surrounded by great talent, and a great coach. Who cares if a lot of the guys are young? Why isn't the coaching staff getting any credit. Farve coaches ALL these guys. I mean please. Farve is having a great season but people act like he is coaching all these talentless players. There is a ton of talent on Greenbay. Flat out bull to claim the age of the team means much when they are winning and th coaches have them all playnig great. Farve is likable so he gets the praise heaped on by everyone. He deserves a lot , but people take it to craptastic levels.

Farve is having a great year , but Brady is having a much better year. Far better numbers, leading his team under massive pressure (undefeated) , dealing with haters all over the place, and taking receivers people where calling washed up nobody's or overrated and setting all time records after only 14 weeks of playing with them. Vs better teams to boot. The numbers alone make it impossible for you to be subjective and pick Farve. Greenbay has just as many passing attempts as NE.

Not trying ot diss Farve he is one of the all time greats. But in no way is he having a more mvp like season then Brady.
I go back in time b/c you did first:

"The 2001 superbowl roster was a total joke. Over 22 free agents. Brady's first year as a starter, no experience. He led that patchwork team to a superbowl win in his rookie year. Brady has won three superbowls with sub par receivers. Up until 2004 he also had a avg at best running back in Antoine Smith. Last year alone Brady took his team all the way to the AFC championship game with Reche Caldwell as a number one and Jabar Gaffney as a number two receiver."

I'm enjoying this season as long as it will go.  12-2?  I didn't see that coming at all.  So hell, why not a 4th MVP trophy for Favre?

How about co-mvps--Favre and Brady?

Brady is surrounded by more talent than Favre.  It's not even close.  Ryan Grant, Ruvell Martin, Jim Jones, Greg Jennings, Donald Lee.  The veterans: Koren Robinson--a recovering alcoholic on his last chance and donald driver.

Those are Favre's weapons.  A bunch of first & second year players with almost zero NFL experience.

Thanks for saying GB is full of talent but come on, nobody in world of sports picked them to do better than 8-8 at best.

body88

« Reply #37 on: December 18, 2007, 01:59:58 PM »
I didnt go back in time first. When I talked about Brady in the past it was AFTER you spoke about Bret in 97. Here look.

This weapons talk is funny. Before the season Moss was a washed up nobody who had terrible numbers last year. He was finished. Stallworth was a overrated wr with major injury issues. Welker was a average slot guy who was not worth a second pick. Gaffney was a scrap heap pick up that was not worth his salt last year. Now that Brady is setting all time records they are all massive talents again. Funny they where not big talents  with there respective qb's last year. Am I shocked? No one gave Brady any credit over the years for being a HOF caliber player and winning superbowls with nobodys. Now he has all the talent. Thats called flip flopping to discredit anything the guy does. Brady is having the best season of any NFL player ever,  his team is 14 - 0 , He has already thrown 45 tds and 6 frekin ints. His numbers are unreal, and he has taken players who where supposed to be past there prime , injury prone , or overrated and helped make there production record setting. Look at welker. Over 1000 yards already. 7 times the tds he had last year. Thats not a mistake. Brady raises the play of those who play with him. David Givens , David Patten , Branch , Graham and Caldwell are all  perfect examples of that. He had two NOBODYS putting up top passing stats in the playoffs last year. No one cared.Farve got outplayed by his backup in the biggest game of the year.

Im sorry but you are completley down playing the talent the packers have. The coaching staff and the players. The packers are one of the deepest team in the leauge talent wise on both the lines. They have a explosive O only matched by NE and Dallas.

Claiming a qb on a 14 - 0 team under a microscope of constant pressure, throwing to guys who where considered washed up, on down years, or average , and putting the best numbers ever seen by a NFL player is not the MVP of the NFL is silly. Brady has been working with this guys for 14 weeks! Manning was working with his pro bowl guys for years and years when he set those records. Brady has been under constant pressure and critasism all year. Farve has been getting his butt kissed as usual. I wonder what the media would say about Tom if he was addicted to drugs? They gave Farve a pass because he is Farve. Brady has a kid with his gf of 3 yards and the media says he is a bad person. Brady has had to do it on and off the field. The pressure and the constant negative media frenzy.

Farve is having a great season. However Brady is having a better one, by alot.

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: December 18, 2007, 02:32:10 PM »
I'm glad you hold the packer's O line in high esteem.  There's not a single pro bowler in the bunch.  The closest is Chad Clifton.

The Pack's D-line lost 2 key guys for the season.  That has spelled trouble.  Jackson of ST. Louis ran all over them.

Favre got injured early in the biggest game of the year and his back-up did a good job.

Any winning quarterback makes the players around him better.  The difference with Brady is that he's having a unique year.  That's great.

Surely you have figured out by now that I am not that earnest about MVP trophies for 'my guy'.  Your team has won multiple Superbowls over the past several years yet you argue like the Pats have never sniffed the playoffs.  I like your tenacity.

Favre gets his ass kissed, sure he does.  But I got over that a long time ago.  It's like when he'd make a putrid throw, that would be my cue to point out that, "Only Brett Favre can make that throw!"

And Brady has been getting his ass worked over likewise since he won his first superbowl--that's the perks for QBs that are winners.  Brett didn't do Saturday Night Live but Tom did.  Brett didn't keep his mug in the celeb newsrags by hanging out/dating celebrities, but Brady did.

Believe me, if Brady lasts another 8 years you'll get used to the treatment too.

tleilaxutank

• Getbig IV
  • If it feels good twitter it
« Reply #39 on: December 18, 2007, 05:59:34 PM »
Brady's year is historic; brett's is not...all this talk of supporting cast doesn't mean shit...when a guy is gonna break records like brady is gonna do....he is going to get the mvp...no co mvp's...all of it is gonna go to brady; no question...and even though I'm from RI I was not a Brady guy; I was the retard that wanted Bledsoe to get his job back; Brady's performance has silenced me; the guy is a surgeon; he can go deep he can go short with ridiculous accuracy...there's something in him that knows who to throw to and how to throw it.  I can't explain it but the TD/INT numbers speak for themselves.  Brett is a great quarterback (one of the best ever) but there is something insanely special about brady

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: December 19, 2007, 08:05:11 AM »
Brady's year is historic; brett's is not...all this talk of supporting cast doesn't mean shit...when a guy is gonna break records like brady is gonna do....he is going to get the mvp...no co mvp's...all of it is gonna go to brady; no question...and even though I'm from RI I was not a Brady guy; I was the retard that wanted Bledsoe to get his job back; Brady's performance has silenced me; the guy is a surgeon; he can go deep he can go short with ridiculous accuracy...there's something in him that knows who to throw to and how to throw it.  I can't explain it but the TD/INT numbers speak for themselves.  Brett is a great quarterback (one of the best ever) but there is something insanely special about brady
I suppose your point goes to the issue of what MVP means.  Is it the person most valuable to his team?  Or is it the person most valuable to the league?  Or is it the person most valuable to the record books?  Or is it a popularity contest?

I don't know the criteria.  Frankly, I don't really care.  I just want to see good games.

Spoony Luv

• Getbig IV
  • FROM UP ABOVE!!!
« Reply #41 on: December 29, 2007, 06:07:45 PM »
Brett Favre will go down as a top 5 quarterback of all time...Brady will probably be top 3...

Brett Favre was a QB that took a lot of chances but had/has tremendous talent...

Brady is a fearless QB...Stays in the pocket longer then anyone and studies the game more then any QB...And because of this, he is always improving....

When it comes to Brett, he is who he is...A freak of nature who was born to play football...Brady however is the essence of a 21st century quarterback and a true leader....

Now Manning is a mix between Brady and Favre...Plays alittle scared but like Brady studies the game to no end...When it comes to the top 2 quarterbacks to ever play the game, flip a coin between Brady and Manning and it really doesn't matter who you pick...Their is no wrong answer...

I would personally go with Brady just because of the titles won with much less and the fact that he calmness he shows in playing the position...