Author Topic: Interesting choice ...  (Read 2097 times)

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Diet first, all else second
Interesting choice ...
« on: December 18, 2007, 12:35:21 PM »
.. Kenneth G. Williams , organic vegan bodybuilder http://tw.youtube.com/watch?v=YvEH7W_w1NA

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Re: Interesting choice ...
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2007, 12:37:46 PM »

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2007, 12:39:21 PM »
The question is : can u build muscle without a protein source ?

James Phoenix

• Getbig IV
  • Beatific
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2007, 12:43:32 PM »
Good natural physique.

I was vegan for a year, then vegetarian for a while.
Though I'm back to eating meat, I feel a little but guilty about it.
I lack the discipline to maintain that diet; and it's just not convienent.

It can be done though. You can grow on a vegan diet.
Davey Havok, lead singer of AFI does it.

http://www.veganbodybuilding.com/rob/?page=menu_nutrition
☠ Order of Nephilim

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2007, 12:46:52 PM »
Good natural physique.

I was vegan for a year, then vegetarian for a while.
Though I'm back to eating meat, I feel a little but guilty about it.
I lack the discipline to maintain that diet; and it's just not convienent.

It can be done though. You can grow on a vegan diet.
Davey Havok, lead singer of AFI does it.

http://www.veganbodybuilding.com/rob/?page=menu_nutrition

I'm looking for a more scientific explanation on the body's capability to create new muscle cells in absence of a source of complex aminos .Did u look into it deeper ?

James Phoenix

• Getbig IV
  • Beatific
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2007, 01:10:15 PM »
I'm looking for a more scientific explanation on the body's capability to create new muscle cells in absence of a source of complex aminos .Did u look into it deeper ?

No, I wasn't bodybuilding when I was vegan.

According to this though, you can get all the protein you need from eating food like beans and rice, tofu, lentils, grain, and hemp frequently.

It's difficult, but not impossible.

http://www.veganbodybuilding.com/rob/?page=article_protein

Many people are scared to adopt a vegan diet because they think they will lack protein, but protein is easy to find and little is required for maintaining health. A standard is 1 gram of protein per pound of bodyweight for athletes and 1.5 grams of protein per pound of bodyweight for bodybuilders and other athletes interested in bulking up and adding mass. Eating consistently throughout the day makes it easy to consume that amount of protein if a variety of foods are consumed. "How" should not be the issue, but "where," is a valid question. In an animal protein based society, we grow up believing the only sources of protein are from animals. As a vegan athlete I outline meal programs that are protein-rich and plant derived to show exactly "where" and "how" vegans get their protein. I pay special attention to protein and my main protein sources come from hemp, soy, tempeh, nuts, beans, lentils, grains and a variety of powders and bars including complete meal replacements, adding up to 200-300 grams per day. Tofu, a soy product, typically has 10-20 grams of protein per serving. Soy also has a Protein Digestibility Corrected Amino Acid Score (PDCAAS) of 1.0, which is the highest protein rating for a food to have, and it scores higher than beef protein. Hemp is one of the best sources of protein, period. It is alkalizing, packed full of nutrients, and is grown from the most sustainable methods, making it arguably the best resource. We often hear about protein combinations to make a complete protein. This is an accumulation of essential amino acids. Combining sources such as hemp, rice and pea provide a powerful amino acid profile for enhanced biomechanical efficiency. Taking in large quantities of protein can be taxing on the liver and kidneys so it is important to drink a lot of water when you're on a high protein diet. Drinking water helps your body's organs process large amounts of protein. In addition to the high protein foods, I also eat a significant amount of fruits, green vegetables, and eat raw and organic foods whenever possible. Raw sources of protein can be found in nuts, seeds, seaweed, broccoli, spinach, kale, and other veggies and are some of the most potent and most beneficial sources of protein available on the planet.

The bulk of my diet consists of fruits in the morning; protein sources such as nuts, protein drinks and bars for snacks; green vegetables, beans, tofu and other protein and calorie-rich foods for lunch, and a variety of fruits, vegetables, beans, legumes, and grains for dinner. A typical meal for dinner may include a lentil soup with chopped of veggies, steamed or raw broccoli, tofu, and brown rice. Potatoes, tempeh, beans, and nuts are also staples of my diet and are often consumed around dinnertime. I typically just drink water before and after meals but for dinner I may include soymilk, almond milk, or natural fruit juice.

I focus on eating every 3 hours to stay in an anabolic state with a positive nitrogen balance for maintaining and building muscle. Taking in nutrients every 2-3 hours ensures that your muscles will always be fueled and nourished, providing the best opportunity for growth and achieving desired results. Eating every 3 hours may sound challenging but if you prepare your foods for the day in advance, it is really quite simple. You don't have to eat an entire meal, just take in protein, carbohydrates and fats every 3 hours and it will add up to a sum of calories that will not only maintain muscle but build muscle, combined with a weight-training or exercise program. Drinking water every two to three hours will also keep you well hydrated, assist with processing of protein foods, and will help you accumulate a gallon a day which is a minimum goal for most bodybuilders.

☠ Order of Nephilim

Special Ed

• Toms
  • Getbig V
  • Special Ed Forever!
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2007, 01:15:05 PM »
Anybody see the last episode of 'Last Man Standing' where the vegan guy had to break a guinea pig's neck with his hands and then eat it? That was pretty cool.

Like my man Ted Nugent says, "You can't grill it if you don't kill it."

http://www.amazon.com/Kill-Grill-Guide-Preparing-Cooking/dp/0895261642
BigNationRadio.com

biceps

• Getbig III
« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2007, 01:46:05 PM »
They should have a contest for vegetarians and called Mr.Zucchini or Mr. Fruit cakes and should be tested for meat, and one of the mandatory pose should be called The Most Bentower.

James Phoenix

• Getbig IV
  • Beatific
« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2007, 01:49:49 PM »
They should have a contest for vegetarians and called Mr.Zucchini or Mr. Fruit cakes and should be tested for meat, and one of the mandatory pose should be called The Most Bentower.

You bring teh funny biceps.  ::)
☠ Order of Nephilim

The Jeenius

• Getbig II
« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2007, 02:03:30 PM »

You'll have to stop swallowing if you're gonna try this.

biceps

• Getbig III
« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2007, 02:36:51 PM »
You bring teh funny biceps.  ::)

In the 80s it was a contest called Mr. Zucchini  I think it was healed every year in the city called Hayword in the Bay area. I remamber we where making lats of jokes about the contest.

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: December 19, 2007, 09:10:12 AM »
No, I wasn't bodybuilding when I was vegan.

According to this though, you can get all the protein you need from eating food like beans and rice, tofu, lentils, grain, and hemp frequently.

It's difficult, but not impossible.

http://www.veganbodybuilding.com/rob/?page=article_protein

Many people are scared to adopt a vegan diet because they think they will lack protein, but protein is easy to find and little is required for maintaining health. A standard is 1 gram of protein per pound of bodyweight for athletes and 1.5 grams of protein per pound of bodyweight for bodybuilders and other athletes interested in bulking up and adding mass. Eating consistently throughout the day makes it easy to consume that amount of protein if a variety of foods are consumed. "How" should not be the issue, but "where," is a valid question. In an animal protein based society, we grow up believing the only sources of protein are from animals. As a vegan athlete I outline meal programs that are protein-rich and plant derived to show exactly "where" and "how" vegans get their protein. I pay special attention to protein and my main protein sources come from hemp, soy, tempeh, nuts, beans, lentils, grains and a variety of powders and bars including complete meal replacements, adding up to 200-300 grams per day. Tofu, a soy product, typically has 10-20 grams of protein per serving. Soy also has a Protein Digestibility Corrected Amino Acid Score (PDCAAS) of 1.0, which is the highest protein rating for a food to have, and it scores higher than beef protein. Hemp is one of the best sources of protein, period. It is alkalizing, packed full of nutrients, and is grown from the most sustainable methods, making it arguably the best resource. We often hear about protein combinations to make a complete protein. This is an accumulation of essential amino acids. Combining sources such as hemp, rice and pea provide a powerful amino acid profile for enhanced biomechanical efficiency. Taking in large quantities of protein can be taxing on the liver and kidneys so it is important to drink a lot of water when you're on a high protein diet. Drinking water helps your body's organs process large amounts of protein. In addition to the high protein foods, I also eat a significant amount of fruits, green vegetables, and eat raw and organic foods whenever possible. Raw sources of protein can be found in nuts, seeds, seaweed, broccoli, spinach, kale, and other veggies and are some of the most potent and most beneficial sources of protein available on the planet.

The bulk of my diet consists of fruits in the morning; protein sources such as nuts, protein drinks and bars for snacks; green vegetables, beans, tofu and other protein and calorie-rich foods for lunch, and a variety of fruits, vegetables, beans, legumes, and grains for dinner. A typical meal for dinner may include a lentil soup with chopped of veggies, steamed or raw broccoli, tofu, and brown rice. Potatoes, tempeh, beans, and nuts are also staples of my diet and are often consumed around dinnertime. I typically just drink water before and after meals but for dinner I may include soymilk, almond milk, or natural fruit juice.

I focus on eating every 3 hours to stay in an anabolic state with a positive nitrogen balance for maintaining and building muscle. Taking in nutrients every 2-3 hours ensures that your muscles will always be fueled and nourished, providing the best opportunity for growth and achieving desired results. Eating every 3 hours may sound challenging but if you prepare your foods for the day in advance, it is really quite simple. You don't have to eat an entire meal, just take in protein, carbohydrates and fats every 3 hours and it will add up to a sum of calories that will not only maintain muscle but build muscle, combined with a weight-training or exercise program. Drinking water every two to three hours will also keep you well hydrated, assist with processing of protein foods, and will help you accumulate a gallon a day which is a minimum goal for most bodybuilders.

the proteins from veggies don't have all the essential aminos...those are the ones we use the most in building muscles..anyother opps ?

joelocal

« Reply #12 on: December 19, 2007, 09:31:18 AM »
This Lacto-Ovo built an extremely powerful physique......

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: December 19, 2007, 09:36:05 AM »

DO YOU REMEMBER IF CHALING WAS LACTO OVO OR VEGAN ?

joelocal

« Reply #14 on: December 19, 2007, 09:38:45 AM »
DO YOU REMEMBER IF CHALING WAS LACTO OVO OR VEGAN ?

Andreas Callhing (sp) always said he was a vegan. I tend to believe it because if you compare his physique to Pearls, Bill carried a ton more muscle mass.

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: December 19, 2007, 09:41:42 AM »
Andreas Callhing (sp) always said he was a vegan. I tend to believe it because if you compare his physique to Pearls, Bill carried a ton more muscle mass.
Could you explain to me how the body generates muscle cell with a negative nitric ballance ?...where does it get aminos from ?

biceps

• Getbig III
« Reply #16 on: December 19, 2007, 10:34:53 AM »

Bill was not 100% vegetarian he did`t eat meet but he was consuming egg and deary.

joelocal

« Reply #17 on: December 19, 2007, 10:44:40 AM »
Bill was not 100% vegetarian he did`t eat meet but he was consuming egg and deary.

Thats why I said he was Lacto-Ovo. He was one of my first real training partners when I was a teen.

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: December 19, 2007, 10:46:06 AM »
Actually Joe I believe Cahling was not shabby at all in the mass departament...

biceps

• Getbig III
« Reply #19 on: December 19, 2007, 10:50:05 AM »
Thats why I said he was Lacto-Ovo. He was one of my first real training partners when I was a teen.

I think he was taking liver tablets also (I am not sure) or he was promoting the liver tablets in his product line.