Author Topic: Knife At Lunch Gets 10-Year-Old Girl Arrested At School  (Read 1503 times)

Eyeball Chambers

• Getbig V
  • Would you hold still? You're making me fuck up...
Knife At Lunch Gets 10-Year-Old Girl Arrested At School
« on: December 18, 2007, 09:48:37 PM »
My friend and I use to always bring our pocket knifes to elementary school.

Knife At Lunch Gets 10-Year-Old Girl Arrested At School

wftv | December 18, 2007

OCALA, Fla. -- A 10-year old Ocala girl brought her lunch to school and a small kitchen knife to cut it. She now faces a felony charge after being arrested. The school and the sheriff's office disagree on the reason for the arrest.

School officials say the 5th grader was brown-bagging it. She brought a piece of steak for her lunch, but she also brought a steak knife. That's when deputies were called.

It happened in the cafeteria at Sunrise Elementary School. The 10-year-old used the knife to cut the meat.

"She did not use it inappropriately. She did not threaten anyone with it. She didn't pull it out and brandish it. Nothing of that nature," explained Marion County School Spokesman Kevin Christian.

But a couple of teachers took the utensil and called the sheriff. When deputies arrived, they were unable to get the child's parents on the phone, so they arrested her and took her to the county's juvenile assessment center.

"And we didn't handcuff her or treat her like a criminal. But, we took her to the assessment center to be assessed," said Capt. James Pogue, Marion County Sheriff's Office.

School officials said it doesn't matter what the knife was being used for. They said they had no choice.

"Anytime there's a weapon on campus, yes, we have to report it and we aggressively report it because we don't want to take any chances, regardless," Christian said.

But the sheriff's office said the extreme measures in what some may say was a harmless incident had to do with school policy, not theirs.

"But once we're notified, we have to take some type of action," Pogue explained.

The student now faces a felony charge for the possession of a weapon on school property and the principal suspended her for ten days. The parents of the girl could not be reached for comment.

The sheriff's office has turned the case over to the State Attorney's Office.

http://www.infowars.com/articles/ps/schools_knife_at_lunch_gets_10_year_old_girl_arrested.htm
S

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
Re: Knife At Lunch Gets 10-Year-Old Girl Arrested At School
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2007, 10:10:24 PM »
That's one of the most ridiculous cases of BS bureaucracy run amok. The same thing happened to a high school student up here in Canada. She wasn't arrested though

A steak knife is not a weapon. it is an eating utensil. It can be used as a weapoin, but so can a baseball players bat, and a football player's cleats, ...not to mention the baked beans in the cafeteria. Ever seen what a few pop cans from the vending machine can do? Ridiculous! Next they're going to start arresting the baseball players, and the football players and charging them with felonies. Unless it's a gun, or a hand grenade, use a little common sense. Are they going to start arresting children for carrying #2 pencil's next? Do you know what kind of damage can be done with a #2 pencil?

After that fiasco, ...how quickly do you think that teacher is gonna report it again if she sees another innocent and harmless kid with an eating utensil? That little girl's life is ruined now because she has table manners. Maybe she should have simply ripped the meat apart like a caveman.

on second thought, let her ass fry, ...she is a meat eater afterall.  :P
w

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2007, 10:16:22 PM »
i'm all for individual liberties.... but... i used to teach 5th grade.... I taught at the lowest school in the district, and i had remedial class, taking over mid-year.  Worst of worst in county.  Some had done crime, seen brothers shot, most were very poor and many ran with gangs in 5th grade.  They're big kids in 5th grade, especially when they fail 1 or 2 times before then.

If every 5th grader could carry a knife as long as it was wrapped in a piece of meat, well, that would be a serious problem for me.

This was 99.999% parental ignorance or just a plain oversight, and she shouldn't have been arrested.  It's just that if you dont arrest or at least suspend - you'll have ten thugs carrying knives with their lunch tomorrow.  And you get sued if you take away theirs, and not the good kid's knife.

It's really a situation with no solution.  I'm all about personal freedoms... but... in 5th grade, you know better, usually.

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2007, 10:20:22 PM »

"Anytime there's a weapon on campus, yes, we have to report it and we aggressively report it because we don't want to take any chances, regardless," Christian said.

The guy's last name cracks me up. Quite fitting for a fanatic without his head screwed on straight.

But the sheriff's office said the extreme measures in what some may say was a harmless incident had to do with school policy, not theirs.

"But once we're notified, we have to take some type of action," Pogue explained.

The student now faces a felony charge for the possession of a weapon on school property and the principal suspended her for ten days. The parents of the girl could not be reached for comment.

The sheriff's office has turned the case over to the State Attorney's Office.

http://www.infowars.com/articles/ps/schools_knife_at_lunch_gets_10_year_old_girl_arrested.htm

"Some type of action" shouldn't mean charging the girl with a felony. It should have meant taking the knife away from her and explaining it is never to be brought onto campus again. How is a 10 yr. old girl going to grow up having any sort of respect for law enforcement or any authority figures for that matter when she is subjected to such BS?  ::)
w

MindSpin

• Getbig V
  • MMA > Boxing
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2007, 10:24:02 PM »
ha!  I got arrested for bringing a butterfly knife to school in 8th grade...
w

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2007, 10:34:04 PM »
i'm all for individual liberties.... but... i used to teach 5th grade.... I taught at the lowest school in the district, and i had remedial class, taking over mid-year.  Worst of worst in county.  Some had done crime, seen brothers shot, most were very poor and many ran with gangs in 5th grade.  They're big kids in 5th grade, especially when they fail 1 or 2 times before then.

If every 5th grader could carry a knife as long as it was wrapped in a piece of meat, well, that would be a serious problem for me.

This was 99.999% parental ignorance or just a plain oversight, and she shouldn't have been arrested.  It's just that if you dont arrest or at least suspend - you'll have ten thugs carrying knives with their lunch tomorrow.  And you get sued if you take away theirs, and not the good kid's knife.

It's really a situation with no solution.  I'm all about personal freedoms... but... in 5th grade, you know better, usually.

I don't know about that. I can recall a time when they actually gave us knives in school.

Every year in our Art kits we had exacto knives, and there was always cutlery in the cafeteria.

After 911, you'd think exacto knives became deadlier than semi automatics.  :-\

I understand what you're saying about 5th graders in bad areas. my mom taught briefly in an extremely rough area. Her and another teacher would have to do a daily routine of walking around the classroom with a peach basket to collect all the num-chucks, and brass knuckles, ...from 2nd graders!  :o

After 2 months of hell, and almost throwing out her back wrestling a 7 yr. old down to the principals office, ...she cashed in her sick days, took the rest of the year off, and demanded the school board find her a different school in September.  ;D
w

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2007, 10:34:37 PM »
ha!  I got arrested for bringing a butterfly knife to school in 8th grade...

What's a butterfly knife?
w

Eyeball Chambers

• Getbig V
S

MB_722

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2007, 10:44:04 PM »

:o  Oh my!  I'm glad he got arrested then. That is NO utensil, ...unless you're a cannibal.

Mindspin, ...were you charged with a felony?
w

Eyeball Chambers

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2007, 11:06:03 PM »
unless you're a cannibal.

How do you think Mind Spin built such a great physique?

High Quality Human Meat.  8)
S

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: December 18, 2007, 11:08:33 PM »
How do you think Mind Spin built such a great physique?

High Quality Human Meat.  8)

{LOL} Oh ok.  :)
w

MindSpin

• Getbig V
  • MMA > Boxing
« Reply #12 on: December 19, 2007, 11:30:50 AM »
:o  Oh my!  I'm glad he got arrested then. That is NO utensil, ...unless you're a cannibal.

Mindspin, ...were you charged with a felony?

The pic of that knife above looks EXACTLY like the knife I had.  It's a funny story looking back on it.  Too long to write out here.  In a nutshell, I was at our school carnival.  Finally had a date with the "hot girl" that only dated highschool kids. I pulled out my knife to show my buddies all of the neat tricks I could do with it.  Before I new it, 5 cops had my friend & I pinned to the ground.  It was a huge spectacle at what was a very conservative private catholic school.  Fortunately for me, "Sister Maria" convince the HBPD to let the school handle it.  My punishment was being banned from the carnival and with that went my chances with the hottie :-\
w